/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 16th of December:
1431 – Hundred Years' War: Henry VI of England is crowned King of France at Notre Dame in Paris.
1838 – Great Trek: Battle of Blood River: Voortrekkers led by Andries Pretorius and Sarel Cilliers defeat Zulu impis, led by Dambuza (Nzobo) and Ndlela kaSompisi in what is today KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
1912 – First Balkan War: The Royal Hellenic Navy defeats the Ottoman Navy at the Battle of Elli.
1942 – The Holocaust: Schutzstaffel chief Heinrich Himmler orders that Roma candidates for extermination be deported to Auschwitz.
1944 – World War II: The Battle of the Bulge begins with the surprise offensive of three German armies through the Ardennes forest.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
EU4 DD 12/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1060110

CK2 DD 04/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058783

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.2 - 12/10/2017
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2 - 14/12/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Music Mod
pastebin.com/UxQnvV3Y

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/54reWeNK
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=631545981&tscn=1513456812
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Duplicate thread.
R*port and ignore

>31 early
Absolutely based, R&I.

Even though I said 0.2 was going to be the final pre-test version of AARmod, I unfortunately made some modifier errors in it, as well as an error of omission about intending to rework piety that I needed to go back and fix. Everything else I said in the linked post post is still accurate, but the new download link with the updated changelog is now here: pastebin.com/54reWeNK

As before, I would still really appreciate feedback on this one, now also with an eye to piety gain and whether it's too slow.

If everything goes as planned, I'll still begin my own testing tonight or afternoon tomorrow.

You are supposed to wait for the old thread to reach the bump limit before coming here

Holy shit this is peak HPM
>no mods allowed except hpm

Fuck off HPM and put niggermod in the OP you butthurt control freak schizo.

>1942 – The Holocaust: Schutzstaffel chief Heinrich Himmler orders that Roma candidates for extermination be deported to Auschwitz.
Can I see the original documentation for this one

Am I allowed to post here?

Depends. Are you Alex Grandi?

I don't like Germany and have decided to eradicate it through changeowner commands. Any bits of German-held territory that you feel some other countries deserve, /gsg/?

My name is Teddison

Pomerania and Lusatia used to belong to the West Slavs; give them to Poland. And East Frisia to the Netherlands.

basedalex

Nice changeowner

eu4 is a fine game, too.

>waaaahhh stop enjoying an event that happens once a year
>muuhh raids
Consider ending Your life.

I question the leadership of whoever runs the team for /gsg/, but results happen. So who am I to doubt.

negro es retardar

I don't want Poland to get too strong otherwise they will become a GP and stop being my puppet.

This will do, for now.

please buy stellaris

should I build dreadnoughts?
do I just attach them to my transport ships?

cheatowner some provinces to the Rhineland tag. Makes a decent buffer between France and whatever is left of Germany.

Does anyone know if the newest patch for EU4 has been released anywere?

Rezmar has been slacking off lately so i can't find it

no, and nobody cares

play a real grand strategy game

Are you one of those salty vicky 2 fanboys?

>tfw 1.24 ruined my game's performance post 1500

>>[V2] - Niggermod 0.1 - 16/12/2017
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

Why can't I buy any wool?

Because you're playing H*M instead of niggermod

You're too irrelevant to be able to buy any wool. Everyone who isn't irrelevant is buying all the wool on the global market before you can get to it.

How do I into armies that aren't 100% 7 inf/2 art/supports as something else than UK/USA/USSR/Germany in HoI4?

You buy in prestige order. If there is nothing for you, well, tough luck. That's why 99% of the games you never get to fulfill tea/opium demands before you

You stop playing HoI4.

dumb cuck

>le ottomans have been nerfed
Why do reddit eu4 babbies whine about everything when there's not issue?

My vassals are refusing to build troops in the latest patch of EU4. Is that normal?

You build tanks and motorized too and encircle everything.

>that awful Swiss partition
It just doesn't work with Austria instead of Germany.

Not prestige, ranking.

I'd say it's more to do with him giving the province south of Baden to France instead of Austria.

Why were western europeans so based and strong lads? Was it because of their BARBARIAN heritage?

whoa deja vu

What do you want to see in CK3?

Actual mechanics about CRUSADING in a game called CRUSADER KINGS instead of adding pajeets and chinks into my petty and childish European Noble Knight power fantasy trip

I see enough POC's if I leave my house.

Redpilled and self aware.

Is it just me or have centers of reformation completely stopped spawning in +1.24 games?

pretty much this.

game about Dynasties and Dynasts large and small almost no Dynastic Mechanics games time period is centered around Crusades almost no Crusading Mechanics JEWHAN YES!!

Anyone have any tips for forming Tibet as Guge and conquering Ming? Keep on getting my ass kicked by Nepal or China

>
SEA

where can I download africa mod

Why the need for the all the testing? Why not get straight to the AAR?

I don't so much care about crusades because it's quite a small part of the era and they never really achieved what they wanted to do for any length of time, but how the fuck have they not added cadet branches yet? 5 years after a game came out about feudal dynasties and they still haven't added cadet branches, this is disgraceful.
Hey, but at least we have cat popes ROFLMAO!!!

Not even one (You)?
pls no bully

>africa mod
Do you mean niggermod?

Beyond Typus 8.0 is out.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=631545981&tscn=1513456812
I'll try and take a more active role in the mod's developement for the next update, mainly with minor things starting out though

You can definitely marry your hier to the queen of whatever kingdom is next to utsang early and then their child will inherit most of tibet.

I wouldnt fight the strong hindu kingdoms too early if you stay budhist or bon, because the risk of a second strong kingdom joining in are very high.

Kinda tempted to play dark world but it looks like regular CK2 with an extra option for prisoners, is there anything else to it?

More features for playing as a vassal

Believeble worlds

Russia is allied to Ethopia and both are expansionist scumbags. I can't fight them both at the same time. What do? They have incredible relations.

rly makes you think

>eu4
>makes you think
alright laddy

Eh it's worth a try. Not much without the submods.

What's a fun CK2 mod?

Already tried HIP, the GOT one and Elder Kings.

Dark World

The ones that remove the subhumans (no poos, sandniggers, kikes or chinks)

Does your mod add new cultures or religions?

bit worried family

Post pops

No new religions, but there are culture improvements (Berber group, Maghreb and Arab groups merged, Turks together, Kurds have land more accurate to what they actually had, etc), yeah. I'm probably going to be working on adding Assyrians around wherever they need to be. The dev team is on the fence about adding religions though.

Nothing too different.
Notice I abolished slavery though.

How do I bring Russia to it's knees in Eu4. What's their weakness?

Sotho and Nguni are accepted, right

Yup

After the End can be interesting, although it's mostly for burgers.
Reminds me, I still need to get around to establishing a pirate republic of the First Nations in that

how do I build tall in Rome Total War?

Ask in /twg/, you shitposter

I've tried this campaign before but failed horribly, any tips?

why is the general called /gsg/ when all you ever permit to be discussed is vic2 and ck2

asking blobbers how to build tall..... umm no..

Total War is NOT Grand Strategy
It has its own general for fucks sake

we also discuss aurora and sengoku rance, these plus darkest hour are all gsg there is

I am now not permitting you to post here due to your stupidity.

Thank you user
Seriously this is an amazing post

wew

playing ck2 during a regency is like playing with a cockcage on

Pretty new to EUIV, are there any mods that significantly improve EUIV like CK2+/HIP do for CK2?
I tried playing with MEIOU and Taxes but it just seems incredibly unfinished as of now

I wish eu4 had it´s own general because this one sucks dick-

Sure, but what exactly do you need help in? Beating the Boers, civilizing quicklier?

no, thank you

Besides M&T, Veritas et Fortitudo is the other main "total conversion" mod. I've also heard good things about Common Universalis, but I admit I haven't actually tried it myself

>he plays europea universalis

>he doesn't
cuck

B-but muh exploration age. Muh musket. Muh sail.

epic

Love when this happens