/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Man of Pineapples edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Current Q:C News: In a shocking turn of events, the latest patch actually made the game better instead of worse. Must be one of those Christmas Miracles. Take a look: quake.bethesda.net/en/news/5FspmmWh8ckIMcIaEsisa

>Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SSNNhUAVRuA
youtube.com/watch?v=gpir6ZZKmcM
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

>Q:C custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

trigger_teleport:
>target: lastthread
info_teleport_destination
>targetname: lastthread
>origin:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/QuakeChampions/comments/7k8lat/straight_hawt_from_arena/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pls give more Q2 weapon skins

why the fuck can nyx telefrag with ghostwalk, that's fucking retarded.

Because she literally removes her self from physical space and then returns to it.
Her stealth isnt a true stealth, it's a Void slip.

She also cannot pick up items and weapons, ect because she removes herself from reality during the time frame.

to contest pickups

>asks you to accept the game
>dont
>get sent to the game anyway

>ask if you want a rematch
>accept
>sit for 3 minutes waiting for everyone else
>a single person doesn't accept
>kicks you back to not searching for a game
>waste of time
>no one risks wasting their time so they all decline

like, help

I like how you feel like you improve everday when playing QC.

i dont feel that

That happens for any game. Any activity, really

Not really , plenty of games don't have any real depth or skill ceiling to the point where you hardly feel like there's anything to learn. For the short amount of time I played Overbotch I felt there was hardly anything to improve on, there's some minor stuff to learn, but nothing actually interesting.

>get 10 powerup massacres
>10000 favor
>get 5 powerup massacres
>1 reliquary
How the fuck is this fair? Why can't I buy reliquaries with favor when they are the only way to get champions? Fucking bullshit.

Just buy the game like a normal person.

>support bethesda
no

You do realize that now you are for "gameplay changing" loot boxes

how do they change gameplay

By giving people who have been trash for the past x number of decades a new excuse.

you can get champions from chests, not just reliquaries.

T. guy who unlocked 3 champions in level 24, 25, and 26 level reward chest/reliquaries

>level 35
>have only unlocked sorlag and galena
this game is fucking retarded

what

not letting player play duel because no heroes -> the player is trash quakedad

Will the new gibbing system attract a bunch of guro-fags

Anarki way too good in the +25/+25 meta, his ability gained so much value and they buffed him at the same time.

>chat set so that you can only send one message after a duel is over
>so you don't even get to see people be angry whenever you win

Is this actually how things are supposed to be?

If they left the light stacks as they were this patch would have literally fixed the balance forever, without need for new hitboxes
But they want to do this cockamamie "buff stacks, the larger hitboxes come later" thing, which will greatly benefit lights

fucking saved

however her breasts aren't nearly large enough to be canon; please rectify

>Ruins of Sarnarth loading screen
>that groovy jingle

this

hhnnnnnnnnnnnnnggg

champion: slash
weapon: my dick
go

Have you heard the Burial Chamber loading theme? Shit's pretty neat, and you can just hear a second part of the song coming in (when the drums start) but then the match usually starts and so the song ends. Wish you could hear the whole thing but qcpak (the tool for opening Q:C's pak files, obviously) doesn't work as of the latest update.

her panties are labeled by day, or at least that pair is. goddamn that ass though, it doesn't look nearly that thicc on her other skins or even on that skin in normal gameplay

*makes you E4M2 from your ass*

HUH

hawt

how is 'tower of despair' a verb?

>there are shit tards who just stay afk in game

How the fuck are they even managing to do that? Why doesn't this stupid game kick them for being afk? Every fucking game there's some shit tard with 0 or 400 dmg max.

>E4

it kicks you but you can just alt tab and move every minute

Slash more like belongs among trash.

Anarki more like malarkey.

nerf slash buff anarki twice huehue is the game better now guys or are you playing pointless chip game vs. anarki for 1000000 hours

idiots

>nerf slash
ffuck that cunt anyway, dumb bitch

LG is the best weapon in the game again.

I just want to win one deathmatch in my lifetime.

Come join Quake 2 Dimension Gloom 138.68.231.104:27910

Honestly it's still the RL
LG is back to where it was supposed to be, a member of the holy trinity. Strong, but not Parkinson bug strong

Last patch was just sad, people were using SSG over LG even in mid range situations. Even the starter MG was killing better it seemed

whats so special about it

after that retarded nerf yeah

"guys let's nerf slash's top speed so she can barely b2r and let's buff the fuck out of anarki so he now can't be railable after inject and also hop away at lightning speed"

Anarki will never see a serious nerf and the reason is: Many pros have devoted hundreds of hours to him
idSaber doesn't want to have him slide off the top too much. They will tweak him here and there to throw the complainers a bone, but it's obvious they prefer a fast/light meta than one of mediums or heavies
Look at how they annihilated Clutch's viability (from top tier to utter bottom) and ask yourself when it will ever happen to Anarki. Fucking never

>"guys let's nerf slash's top speed so she can barely b2r and let's buff the fuck out of anarki so he now can't be railable after inject and also hop away at lightning speed"
Fuck her, only scrubs did not realize that Slash is OP.
Be glad they didn't reduce her stack that is totally "fair" for such tiny hitbox and speed.
And her ability is still better than BJ's, Doom's (now), Galena's and Ranger's.
Blocking entire areas with that shit that can instakill you with the explosion is totally fair, not to mention that you can't even remove it like Galena's totem.

>it's obvious they prefer a fast/light meta than one of mediums or heavies
They prefer an Anarki meta, you mean. Not a light meta, or else Slash wouldn't have gotten her speed slapped.

1000000 hours of pointless chip damage duels vs. anarki and the game is dead

shoot themselves in the face pls, save us all the pain

Not just Anarki
+25HP to Nyx made her monstrous in Duel
SO fucking annoying to kill. More than ever now that a fresh spawn can tank a direct rocket or a charged rail
Maybe the Slash nerf was so it wasn't incredibly blatant how advantaged lights are (i.e. so they don't have the top 3 champions being all lights)

Slash probably deserved the nerf but Anarki was buffed twice over in the same patch and he deserved nothing

>And her ability is still better than BJ's, Doom's (now), Galena's and Ranger's.
Gimme a break, Plasma Trail is complete ass
It's absolutely not as good as Dire Orb and it's arguable if it's better than the other 3 you mentioned

>Maybe the Slash nerf was so it wasn't incredibly blatant how advantaged lights are (i.e. so they don't have the top 3 champions being all lights)
I strongly suspect this

>Plasma trail
>better than Dire Orb
>the ability that can instakill anyone anywhere regardless of stack or counterplay so long as you can aim the projectile, has a short as fuck cooldown and lets you go everywhere

Slash still has the same stack as a medium character (Galena)

I agree with this , Sloverwatch had a low soft skill ceiling and going past that required an ever increasing time investment for even modest improvements. OW would have been miles better if the devs had rolled characters together and had half the roster they do now , for example 76 and Mc'reeee could be one character easily.

And her stack is still infinitely less annoying because it's ONLY her stack and she dies with enough damage no matter what, she can't go invuln and escape like Nyx or immediately heal a mega's worth of health on demand like Anarki.

Or throw down a healing totem like Galena, for that matter, which is way more valuable now that small health pickups are on the thirty-second timer.

the issue is that her stack sets her plus her small hitbox and good ability sets her above a lot of characters

i forgot to remove that first set

This.

>Fuck her, only scrubs did not realize that Slash is OP.
>Be glad they didn't reduce her stack that is totally "fair" for such tiny hitbox and speed.
Fuck off, I actually prefer a 1000 times more to have her stack nerfed than her speed/acceleration, which makes her less enjoyable to play.

The game in general feels too slow as it is. They should increase everyone's max speed by 100 ups, as they did with health and armor.

Reddit is stealing our OC again guise
reddit.com/r/QuakeChampions/comments/7k8lat/straight_hawt_from_arena/

>Look at how they annihilated Clutch's viability (from top tier to utter bottom)
Uhh, what? Explain.

why dont you play qw if you want a really fast game?

>Blocking entire areas with that shit that can instakill you with the explosion is totally fair
??
just wait a couple seconds for it to disappear, or touch it and take a bit of damage, step back, watch the slash set the trail off because they saw the damage indicator, and go on your merry way
the whole trail doesn't explode at once and the longer it is, the longer it takes to fully blow up

Clutch was elder god tier until a patch JUSTed him
He had a passive that made him take reduced damage if he stood still

She's above, but she's not bullshit. No one has ever thrown their hands up shouting after Slash ate a direct rocket, self-healed, ate another direct rocket, then sped away at 700ups.

Why don't you play CS/OW if you want a slow game?

because i prefer the speed of qc as it stands.
if you have an issue with the game, play something else.

is rapha the comfiest stream?
also the q4 railgun looks pretty neat, i like how it's smaller and you can see your character's arm, but i dunno if it's neater than the q2 railgun

Wait, he doesn't have that anymore? What else did they do to him? Was considering learning Clutch, but might be put off if he's no longer viable.

QC is the only non-slow online fps atm that isn't dead. So, no thanks. I don't get why a bit of extra speed would bother you.

i dont get why the current speed bothers you.

eh clutch is still good, unique movement can easily go over 1000 ups and his double utility ability and huge stack ain't nothing, but the fundamental relationship between hitbox size and damage taken seems to continue to be underaddressed when comparing the likes of Anarki and Nyx to the rest of the characters

>is rapha the comfiest stream?
Milton. Milton is somehow even more humble than Rapha
Despite not caring much about QC, he has beat some seriously strong players. k1llsen a few times, toxjc, vo0, etc.

who the fuck is milton?

Best Quakeworld player

It feels unsatisfying. Quake was always about aggressive gameplay and high speeds. Also the lower speeds cater to casuals who can't think and react quickly enough for a fast-paced game.

then play your non-casual quake

>The game in general feels too slow as it is
And that's how Quake should be you turbonigger, it's not about "muh speed xD", Q3 was never that fast and stupid outside of defrag of course.

Dead game.

i wonder why.
maybe it would be best to not try to replicate a dead game, and instead try something new.

>fast and stupid
Sorry that you can't keep up with faster games without being on adderall.

So has anyone gotten any twitch drops since the patch?

i've seen people in twitch chats say they've gotten 'em, but haven't gotten any myself

"Fast" literally means dumbed down, it's pure arcade without any tactics or strategy.
I'd rather watch and play the real Quake with people walking to make no noise rather than jumping / sliding like pure retards non stop.

These aren't even the real issues! Anarki being a faggot is a problem, but THE problem. The real problems are ones that keep away all the gamers that need and want this game. The NEW players who might not even been alive yet when Quake started.

>Duel being supported
>Feeling like you're shit while everyone else with champions you don't understand murder you when you spawn
>no frame of reference in first time playing aFPS
>Confusing, and/or unremarkable, unrecognizable characters

right now QC is going down the toilet as quakedads mistresses forced stair-abortion

Get your heads out of your asses. Quakedads make up about a couple hundred people at best. Almost nobody knows who the fuck Keel or even Doomguy is, and what is Clutch even supposed to be about, his lines and bio are contradictory. And for the love of god, nobody, and I really mean virtually nobody, gives a flying damn about Duel as a memesport. Rip the reins right out from these quakedads who are dead set in piloting this franchise right into the ground.

QC needs promotions, it needs major characters from Bethesda publisher IPs, it needs to be properly fucking workable with a reasonable launcher and easy to download, a free trial period on all champions when starting the game and a legendary quality single player challenge mode to indoctrinate new players, a stable, non-choppy, non-fucked netcode/playability, and most of all, Duel needs to be fucking tossed into the wood chipper. Duel faggots can go play QL.

Or this game will be dead before it actually launches. On one last note, they need to seriously consider unique for-$$$-only cosmetics so they actually earn some cash from this debacle.

Then go play Quake 2. It's perfect for autists like you who can't aim or move and think that autistically timing items and camping is fun and are in any way "true" skills.

i would rather have the game die than have it filled with skyrim babbies for the whole three hours they play before immediately quitting

wew lad nice shitpost

I'm fine with Q3 OSP and classic champs in QC without turbonigger CPMA-cancer speeds.

>"Fast" literally means dumbed down
Is this some kind of bizzaro universe, that someone in an arena fps thread would make such a claim?

Why must you be like this?

Of course you are, because they have a lower skill ceiling. Even Carmack said that the purpose of CPMA was to enhance quake and make it a more demanding game.