/dsg/ - DROPSHIP GENERAL

How do you guys search for suppliers? Aliexpress is out of the question due to shipping costs and times. Are the paid directories any good or viable at the very least?

NEW GUIDE: drive.google.com/open?id=1Ti-laBUbfmIfyBifCHz5PwTDdJjeGtH_w18OdFhHE1M

SHOPIFY: 1.shopifytrack.com/SHcf

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/CpwqK49
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

can i get an invite to the discord

ty for making this thread my man, the old thread died while I was sleepin

How do returns work?

Get a P.O.box

>started etsy shop less than a week ago
>did no advertising
>i now have people asking me for free samples in exchange for store publicity

HOLY FUCK

>$20 per order
Wow! What are you selling? Don't have to be too specific, just curious. What's your profit margin?

niiice

How much should my markup be?

for products under $50, 100%
maybe a bit lower for higher cost products

Oh shit okay. Was at 20

Wait, I just checked out the guide, so this is basically just making people order from chinkshit sites, through your own site with added mark-up?

Yea man, and the sites in the guide make it SO easy

while this look like a nice way to earn some extra cash, doesn't this get overflown by every guy on biz and his mom? I mean this looks like shilling shopify.
Also don't you have to deal with customer feedback, complaints, returns or does this get forwarded to the original seller?

Aight let me try to explain
1) yeah but a lot of people dont do it right
2) use woocommerce and WordPress for all I care, its free
3)complaints = "too bad"
Returns = p.o box they pay,shipping

>, doesn't this get overflown by every guy on biz and his mom?
I think like affiliate marketing the idea is if you do your marketing even slightly better you can make money.

of course there's more risk incurred because you're dealing with consumers.

>Also don't you have to deal with customer feedback, complaints, returns or does this get forwarded to the original seller?
You have to put in SOME effort to running a business, and even on a micro scale, it is a business. But I'm right with you there, I'm not too keen on the idea of just ordering chinkshit and selling it through... you never know if it will come through or if they'll replace your order with a shitter one.

The guide really sets it out well, thanks to whoever made it.

Ideas I have :
Tools- specifically for electrical work as its what Im familiar with
Pets- Beds, collars, leads, toys
Clothing- mainly for teenage girls
Thoughts?

What are you guys selling?

Forget about the clothes, that's a real tough market to crack. I know another user who was doing kids clothes which was a bit easier, but teenage girls are the hardest market.

Think more like Video Game nerds, or even better faux-nerds who wear ragecomic t-shirts with the troll face

no problemo

also as said,
avoid clothes. Pets could work well.
I wouldn't do tools as most would prefer a brand that they know is high quality.

Oh sheit its trips

Bump

why can no one here share any info on gathering suppliers which arent aliexpress? im starting out but i have come across some problems whether or not i should pay to access a directory or break my back looking for suppliers on google only to find out theyre unreliable

>I made money on the internet via luck
every time

Try your local goodwill

is there a good way to automate orders coming in from shopify through to alibaba or whatever? seems like having to order everything yourself is a bit egregious

hire pajeet

Oberlo

If you read the guide youll find out it describes the program that does that

I'm working on a tourism site for my city since I'm in the industry and can make commission off shilling tours, hotels, etc. I already have connections with.

I want to include some shit to buy on my site as well, budget travellers items and items that would be great to have while you're here. Already have some dropshipping experience.

I have a couple rain protection ideas since it pours here, but I was wondering if anyone had ideas of items that I can tie into tourism that someone could be easily convinced to buy before they travel?

I like how most drop shipping threads use pics of expensive shit for their threads, as if they think drop shipping will allow them to afford that one day
>top kek
>top zoz
>max par
>XDDDDD
>inb4 angry drop shitters
>don't h8
>masturb8

look up taobao and 1337.

thank me later fucking retards. You dumb fucks use alexpress lol. taobao has the same shit for 10times cheaper.

"1337"
Don't you mean 1688?
Also goodluck without being chink

Look up online tourist stores or go to one in your city to see what they sell, no point in trying to reinvent the wheel

Update from I made 2 more sales overnight

>$120 in 8 days
>literally just 10 minutes of work

kekekekeke

>someone paid money for shipping even though I offered free shipping

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE

People who reply to the whole thread should be gassed

Niiice man

yeah i meant 1688 and there is something called google translate you fucking ali shill.

You need a chink ip and address to sign up for taobao. Also ali owns taobao and 1688..

Is setting your returns policy before they actually receive the item the best returns policy?

Yes. 110%

This. Without an agent its impossible to ship items overseas.

I can just ask my China friend and he can put his address in. Problem solved.

Sounds good, keep us informed how it goes

sorry to be the retard here, but can someone explain to me what dropshipping is?

Nice affiliate links in your guide

no shit?

Person C pays Person B $20 for Product X
Person B pays Person A $5 for Product X
Person A ships Person C Product X

is this true?

Is what true

Random philosophical questions belong to

THANKS BRO WTF

I was comparing prices from the stuff i buy from aliexpress and with the shipping and paying the fee for an agent, it would cost me more of less the same I would be saving only like $3-$4 usd

10 times cheaper my ass

Even after making my websites look very good and professional, spending time to make good ads, and running social media accounts, I just wasted money and made zero sales across 3 stores.

I don't know what to do anymore

>2 more orders overnight

I'm not sure if I can keep up with this... First buyer still hasn't received it yet either.

You're getting those items from AliExpress, right? That's a bit risky for Etsy as people there expect vintage/handmade items and know how to spot fake from real, and a $1 item from a genuine expensive one.

I'm still jelly though

How much time have you put in your entire drop shipping business?

4 - 6 hours per day since February.

>$140 raw income

Wow, if you live in India, you're Rich.

The manual didn't explain what to do with $50...

just set it up, now how do i get more views etc, where do i put ads and stuff?!

Never mind, got it. I'll update you guys next week if this stupid shit works.

Another idiot bite the bait.

another idiot ignores the opportunity.

Yes.

I'm letting people know it comes from China and it is not a bootleg of anything.

Post stores.

Leave this board if yiu don't want to make money

Other than time, what do I stand to lose if I attempt to start a drop-shipping business and it goes terribly?

"Roughly $50 plus advertising"

this might be a dumb fucking question but...is joining ecom academy by dan dasilva a good move or is it a scam?

>ebooks
>ecourses

It's not a scam, but if you need it to move your butt instead of googling, you're going to fail anyway.

>tfw you become semi-successful at using a marketing niche within a few days on instagram
>tfw you get your tagging privileges removed

*SIGH*

Can someone tell me how tagging works with the @? I thought you were supposed to give credit for other people's images. I also read the rules, and I can't find any that I broke. I only tag 3 people a day atm.

Wat niche.?

It has to do with things that weebs are obsessed about, although my target isn't anime. It's just things in general.

I plan on getting a lot of followers, and eventually will post links to products they can buy. I've been able to get some followers that perfectly fit into what I'm targeting.

For some reason instagram doesn't allow me to tag anyone.

Am I supposed to change the titles of my products? I feel like Im wasting a lot of time doing so.

discord.gg/CpwqK49
discord.gg/CpwqK49
discord.gg/CpwqK49

So I don't give a shit about building a brand and all that crap, how does using the default .shopify sub domain affect your conversion? Most of my traffic will be through ads btw

Stay poor.

Isn't it more economical to build up a brand though? Social media is basically free marketing, might as well take advantage of it.

No building a brand is a dumb idea it's better to try multiple products fast until you find a good one.

I'm basically gonna be doing a shotgun method to see what works, but a domain for everything would be expensive, I just want to know if having a shopify sub domain would turn people off

kek

Go say that in the discord. Grim and Frosty will beat your ass. Building a brand is important you neets

Yeah until you figure out what works, if you're trying to build a brand for a shit product you're just wasting money and gonna have to start from step 1 again

Link to discord?

discord.gg/CpwqK49

>discord.gg/CpwqK49

this guy jnows what he's on about

Join

This is what I was thinking, is it really better to go all in on something that you haven't fully tested?

wow balling bro. $140 dollars isnt fuk all. Your shit chink item wont turn up and they will wont a refund.

Retard

New Thread
New Thread
New Thread
New Thread
New Thread
New Thread

ch-ch-check it

New. Thread.

>live in commie europe
>decide to read guide on dropshipping in my country
>turns out you need a company or an entrepreneur license for that
>decide to read guide on how to get entrepreneur license and how to make a personal business
>mfw getting a license costs $50
>mfw you're legally required to pay $50 a month to an accountant to do your finances for you unless you're a licensed accountant as well
>mfw you're legally required to give yourself a salary of $350 a month and pay $350 in taxes and social security a month

WHO THE FUCK INVENTED THIS SHIT, WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE REGULATED AND TAXED TO THE POINT WHERE YOU CAN'T EVEN OPEN A FUCKING ONLINE STORE BECAUSE YOU'D NEED TO SELL $400 WORTH OF SHIT EVERY MONTH JUST TO BREAK EVEN