Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/zwvraj.wav
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

easter egg

My game takes place in Japan!

Dummy!

post progress boys

About to release on Android. Anything I should read up on to prevent any massive bugs/failures?

Post game

Been working in my game`s "Blood system", basically every body part has its own blood meter and the sum of it is the total blood of the character. Made a placeholder blood particle to showcase the prototype(for the moment it`s only in an arm and a leg).
What do you think would be a better way to the "default" dead?:
1. A "pain" meter that fills as the blood decreases and when is full the character dies
2. The character has a limit of blood which with he can live and when the sum of the current blood is less than this limit, the character dies.
3. As the blood decreases the chance of dying in one hit increases

I've never died of bloodloss myself but shouldnt the character control and vision get all fucked up with blurry vision and stuff as blood starts to get critically low?

karts controller is mostly done now, just doing some work on the level editor atm :)

I just do this, think it accomplishes the same thing as your code?
var newObj = preload(obj.scene).instance()
add_child(a)

>Not really sure I totally understand this question, but it might help to use the world_to_map() and map_to_world() functions.

When adding a new object to the map, since there's no built in 'place object at map coordinate x, y' function or something in godot 2.1, and because my map starts at pos 150,150 to make room for GUI, using set_global_pos misplaces the object by 150,150 so I have to do vector math to make up for that which adds like a few extra lines of code every time I need to add a new obj to the map. I think I can just make a custom function like so and call it every time tho..

>func placeObjOnMap(pos, node):
globalPos = get_node(tilemap).map_to_world(pos)
globalPos.x = globalPos.x + 150
globalPos.y = globalPos.y + 150
node.set_global_pos(globalPos)

now I'm not very used to making functions that will be called a lot, so where would I go about putting a func like this? In like the main script code, or attached to a node perhaps a 'script' node in the main scene?

Aww I wanted to make a karting game too, but sadly I'm just a little babby when it comes to most kinds of programming.

I'm implementing the chad pathfinding, Theta* into muh game today. What are you implementing /aggydaggy/?

i never finish anything so i wouldn't worry about this, itll likely get binned in a couple of weeks haha :D

if you want to make a kart game, go for it :)

I managed to finish that immediate video game backlog. Also working on re-implementing textboxes. Currently it supports variable speeds and other modifications mid text. If the text is too long it automatically creates a stop point if no stop point was specified. The text runs off if the last word is extremely long on the last line though, but it's easy to prevent. Still a couple more flags to implement.

Nothing. I am figuring out how to display 2D graphics

What are you using?

Working on piecing some area models together so I can finally have the intro section built & running!

last gif until level editor :)

What websites should I use to find 2D artists? I'd settle for good pixel art.

>I just do this, think it accomplishes the same thing as your code?
yeah, it's the same. Usually if you want multiple of something though you keep a reference to preload(obj.scene), just so you can instance it multiple times.

>When adding a new object to the map
Are you adding them as children of the TileMap or what?

Quick thought for anyone looking into making a kart game: y'know what kart games have been severely lacking? Hub worlds.

Diddy Kong Racing is the only kart game I know of that'd had one, but it's so much more enjoyable to have a playground to mess around in between levels than it is to just select the next course off a menu.

Added another sprite pose type in battle. So far each battle unit has four sprite poses depending on the action they make: animated idle stance, attack stance, taking damage stance and healing/buffing self stance. Tweaked the slight camera movement and the units when they act. There are around 10 battle statuses ranging from tick damage like Bleed to debuff/buffs that alter stats.

Currently there are around 20 fully functional items with icons and all, in the game. Some of them displayed in the webm when selecting Ginger Root to heal health.

Crash Team Racing had one and I'd like to recreate that kind of experience.

Ogre3D

Nicely done. I like it.

>heil hitler
>receive healing

I do love hub worlds and really want to try something like this :)

But it balloons the scope quite a bit and big levels increase load times :(

So I'm not sure I'm capable yet, I'm not the most efficient programmer out there haha :D

Why is my navmesh so fucked and how do I reduce fuckedupedness?

I need maximal performance because pathfinder has to check if the valid path exists every time you place a tower but in the same time it must also function and not discard half of the level

It looks very different in viewport, rather than when I press play and type "show navigation" in console

You need some blending, since you're doing skeletal animation anyways it should be easy.

Thanks user.

>Usually if you want multiple of something though you keep a reference to preload(obj.scene), just so you can instance it multiple times.

How is this different from instancing it once, and then adding children of the instance when you want more objects?

>When adding a new object to the map
Poor wording. Correct wording would be 'when placing a new object on the map'.

tell me, when you stand in one place, does your head bob everywhere? or do you keep yours eyes in once place while the rest of your body moves.
because those idle anims are cancer

rest of it looks nice as usual though

I just want to make game, but it takes so fucking long if you want to make it good. Especially the art part...

So you're saying that's not how it works in real life?

Yeah, I'll polish everything up once in the next iteration of the battle system. The whole battle ecosystem, so to speak, works pretty good for now. You can travel through the maps, bump into patrolling encounters if you want to fight or avoid them by dodging them, get loot after the encounter is over etc. Next thing is to tie all the other systems together so everything is smooth, maybe some optimization.

The idle animations need a lot of work when it comes to some characters. So far most of them are just linear interpolating between two keyframes, I didn't put much effort into the animation since I use them just to test combat stuff. I'm practicing to make some improvements like the Flesh Wraith in webm related for example.

prioritizing my sanity and not coding vertically moving platforms into my game any time soon.
I feel like a fucking failure though. I have to be the biggest fucking brainlet here

Cool spell effect

show me your character design

That's not your character design

here it is lad, totally sketched this up on a paper towel laying around
fucking kill me I've set aside a whole month to practice art and I still can't make any concept

r8 my alpha asset

work on reading comprehension, practice makes perfect

When it's done

>I feel like a fucking failure though
At least you're trying, that's already a step forward to success. Just remember that gamedev is not easy and it takes a lot of work, learning and practice. Take a break and come back with a clear mind. You'll often find a solution when your come back fresh.

Can I play as the Flesh Wrath? Or that cute little demon you post so often?
Do you have her naked?

here's my generic rpg protagonist I've made months ago

Another something I made but am not sure of

Do they have colds?

I don't have one because it's a first person shooter

who am i kidding, i can't design

Here's my character design.

fair enough

>make a gigantic humanoid mech
>add a huge conical cock to it
>???
>profit
Really though ZoE designs are cool as all hell.

Thanks user, although it could use some flame particles effects or something like that

>Can I play as the Flesh Wrath?
Speaking of the devil, I was thinking the other day to give the opportunity to trap the souls of the enemies you defeat and summon them as specters or "mirror images" on your team.

>Or that cute little demon you post so often?
The red headed demon is one of the MCs, so she'll stick around.

>Do you have her naked?
I draw semi-lewd things to keep myself motivated, but it's just sketches/doodles. However, some beautiful human being drew picture related a few weeks back. Still haven't found out the source/artist, but once again thanks wherever you may be.

Started on another dungeon track today:

my.mixtape.moe/zwvraj.wav

lookin gud

Everything Yoji Shinkawa does is pure genius. I just wish he would be involved in a game that tries to respect the concept art's style like Guilty Gear Xrd does. He's got some art books you can find on internet and even the little sketches he has are amazing.

Anyway, where I'm having trouble right now is with designing the grunts. I need to find the balance between something that looks easy enough to build, but has a distinct silhouette and looks nimble enough. Plus, they have to look like they're all from the same side. It's all very hard and foreign to me, because I suck when it comes to hard surfaces.

no offence dude but that looks a 100x better than your in-game sprites

Bug fixing progress over the weekend so far. Some of these has haunted me for a long time but finally got it over with, I just don't have anything to show for it. Building stable systems without technical debt is hella hard.

Well of course, I'm first and foremost a programmer. That's where I do my best because I have a formal education in it. The art and music is where I need to improve a lot, and it takes a lot of time which I sadly don't have since I have a full time job, but I'm determined to get better in those fields as well.

twingotuningforum.de

Any shader artists hanging about? I'm at my wit's end with this problem

Above is the effect I want - to be able to see 'through' the level geometry and see a pattern behind it. Below is what I have right now.
Sprite masks are useless, as the level isn't a sprite, but a series of tiles

Good idea, I would take in consideration!

That damage system sounds like clusterfuck. Third option seems to have an interesting dynamic, though that's kinda what regular hp does too.

Neat. Can you sum damage numbers from attack? I can't see shit as it is now, but getting huge number from AOE might be satisfying.

You can probably do this with blend modes. If you're using GMS (and probably everything else too). I do a similar thing here (6 or so seconds in, the big laser) where the laser sprite is a tiled sprite behind the application surface that is displayed instead of the mask that's the actual hitbox.

Make a mask of the stuff you want, set it to draw subtractively, switch modes to bm_inv_dest_alpha and bm_dest_alpha (or whatever equivalent in your engine) and draw the background. In GM this makes alpha effects get really weird though, so be carefull with that.

Normally I would have an additional texture to feed into the shader to determine transparency. Don't know about GM or whatever you are using.
Can't you also have two versions of the tileset to swap between them?

Just art oday.

>How is this different from instancing it once, and then adding children of the instance when you want more objects?
You can't call add_child on a node that's already in the scene. If you could, a single node could have multiple parents and things would get weird.

>Poor wording. Correct wording would be 'when placing a new object on the map'.
I thought maybe it would matter if the object was a child of the TileMap, but the way you're doing it it doesn't seem like it.

I've always had some issues with TileMap coordinates but I can't reproduce your issue. If you're still having problems you might want to ask in the Godot Discord or something because I'm probably just overthinking it.

Daily reminder you will never reach his level.

Give up.

>I suck when it comes to hard surfaces
Funny, as a novice I dread modelling soft surfaces in 3d so much that I'm going to make everything in my pipe dream game a machine.

Are you me? I've decided all the characters in my game will be robots for the same reason.

Uh yes you can. This code has been working for me, the game spawns multiple objects. I can also put them into groups or arrays and access them later, there's no problem at all..

>var x = preload(obj.scene).instance()
>add_child(x)

Oh I misread, I thought you said you drew that. Sorry.

how many hours you dedicate to learn or make progress?

Being lazy as fuck but now I have a system of nodes I can update for any-angle pathfinding

>tfw you will never be asian with fucked up teeth

feels bad man

It's not modelling them that I find hard, it's the whole concept art/designing process.
There's no real "anatomy" that can guide you, both for the shape and the details.

What I mean is that you if you do

>var x = preload(obj.scene).instance()
>add_child(x)
>add_child(x)
>add_child(x)

you'll get an error that x already has a parent. If you do

>var x = preload(obj.scene)
>add_child(x.instance())
>add_child(x.instance())

it works fine, you've added two separate instances to the game.

Yo, been out of the game for a long long while. Worked a lil bit in Unity in college mostly doing programming with a little development on the side. Haven't really worked on it since I graduated in '15. Any recommendations on sites or channels where I can blow the dust off?

Ayyy.
Fair point. I plan on just copying neat shit as closely as I can and then modifying it enough that it's not a 1 to 1 ripoff.

shidd that's way better than what I can come up with.
Thanks for reminding me I need to work with references more.

I'm making a survival horror game and I'm really arguing with myself with tank controls versus the 2d camera relative style.

I think there is a large group who would find the tank controls to be offputting and limit the wider appeal of the game. But using fixed camera angles make camera relative controls awkward at times.

Well whilst we're jerking each other off I'd like to add that your game is lightyears further along than mine.

You could have an option for both.

Camera relative controls should work fine. The only time it'll be awkward is when the camera switches from one to the next, but all you've gotta do is keep the character moving in the same direction when the camera switches while the player is holding a direction.

Remember monkey this is literally all you will EVER be

hi cris

lovely juicy particles :)
I love japan :)
this is shaping up lovely, will there be multiplayer? :)
nice idea :)
nice text boxes :)
lovely art :)
These are all lovely (im guessing theyre all same artist by style) :)
vr building game sounds jolly :)
ooo lovely drawring :)
keep up the good work! :)
looking great as ever :)
pathfinding is always fun, looking great :)

>tfw zombie dev
>not as in zombie games but zombie development
>never quite alive
>never quite dead

>code for hours
>feel like I've made 0 progress

what a load of shit
>golf843
fucking hell how long have you been doing this shit
and your still swapping games every 2 weeks
you should just kill yourself already
theres no way your ever going to make it

>You could have an option for both.

Combat wise it'd be a mess to try to support both. REmake HD even goes back to tank controls while in combat with the new controls selected.

You're probably right though. Camera relative should be fine for most people.

I will surpass him.

>being a brainlet that doesn't practice making a huge variety of game genres
You'll be stuck in repeating the same mistakes while true devs make unique and interesting games