/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

Punish Riot Stamp Edition

Previous thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on WiFi.

Other urls found in this thread:

goo
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScRubGlCkakDLYWTM2L05J4Ce7w0vZE7cUzjqC4016Mb3Y9kA/viewanalytics
twitch
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

EC PC

2 Drink minimum -STRICTLY ENFORCED

v5nq

reposting for I-No user

ARBITRARY LAST DAY FOR THE CENSUS
Here is a link to the census and below that is a link to the responses so you do not need to vote again to access them.
If you have voted more than once in an attempt to see the responses tell me exactly what you voted for and how many times after the 1st you did so that I may remove them.
goo dot gl/forms/OinKSelRQiwVoFYD2
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScRubGlCkakDLYWTM2L05J4Ce7w0vZE7cUzjqC4016Mb3Y9kA/viewanalytics

Questions for the next census:
-Should I limit to 1 response per person which forces people to login to google to prevent the double voting nonsense,
or keep it the same and link to the answers in the same post so people don't have to double vote to get to them?

-Should I keep the max of 2 mains or only allow 1? It was made mostly in thought of faust/pot/sol-anons who also play kum/slayer/millia,
not knowing if they'd consider those characters subs or mains due to how equally they seem to play the characters.
Though it did seem to get some use as 7 people have responded with 2 mains.

-What would be a reasonable amount of time before another census?

Anyways to those who haven't responded yet come and get recorded, and for those who have just keep on rocking.

Best Girl

Can you play seriously instead

Think you posted the wrong image. Let me fix it for you.

I am posting Robo-Ky in honour of the Cao Cao poster in /mbg/ that was posting in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a complete roster.

Why not just play +r

How well do I have to play before I stop considering myself a beginner? I'm not good but people are having a hard time beating me, but I still run into players that can perfect 75-0 me

You have to win at least 1 evo.

Okay wish me luck

Reminder /ggg/ can't even win its own tournament

tfw that psn room is ded

No, am bad.

Beat arcade mode on hard.

GGs ECPC room. After organizing everything this past week it was nice to kick back and go right into matches tonight. GGs Slayer-user and Dildobag. I'm glad I got to show off a bit of my oki practice as Millia tonight. Don't forget, Dildobag. You gotta try and get revenge for that near IK and the intense oh shit/surrender staredown following the whiff. I believe in you.

Well, time to see who that eu-ec connection works out. Hope you guys are fine with it, I'll leave if it's bad.

Cute!!

Biggest mistake?

GGs EC

Who should I main, Pot or Millia?

Millia

Millia

dang... time to make baby step progress for the next year...

ggs ecpc, guess the connection is not too great. It stabilized at 4f at times but round start was always really bad. Well

pot

where is pot on the tier list

hes also very cute

above baiken

would he be op if heat knuckle or pot buster didnt knock back?

>dead angle an elphelt
>it completely whiffs and her braindead shotgun kills me anyway
fuck this game

meh, doesn't solve his god awful neutral and mobility.

is this lobby still open and full?

pot whingers go fucking home

>he loses to potemkin

5h

mbisonYES.gif took like 30 minutes but I figured out how to make a webm, thanks webm user for posting that command last thread on how to blur names.

sol's getting a taste of his own medicine

am I just remembering the one of sol sweeping under a bus or was there a kemono friends one too I swear I recognize that image, also yes bless the low profile sweeps

Good job user, making webms is fun desu

Fumo Tomo matchup runback just started. It's a replay of last night but in sensible hours for American viewers

twitch
.tv/joniosan

1-0 Fumo

*tomo

Obama is going to be talking about more beginner stuff for the first few games before technical stuff. Dual audio with Jonio on left and Obama on right.

Started playing this recently and I really liked Ram.Is she hard to master?

Her decent combos are pretty hard, but if you like her go for it user. You can always change characters later if you it turns out you don't like how she plays.

the hardest according to this here handy chart

don't ever post that again

isnt pot kinda hard? i thought zato was supposed to be hard too?

Why is Elphelt so unpopular here?
She is in my opinion the easiest character to play, at least execution wise, except maybe Raven.
Is there something I'm missing, or do people just not like her playstyle?

Some of her midscreen to corner combos are hard, but I think the hardest part about her is simply converting a hit to the corner. Her corner combos are pretty "mindless" in the sense that once you have an opponent there, you just loop combos that you've labbed autistically for 100+ hours. Practice her combos, and after you have some basic BnBs down (I'd say don't dwell on her midscreen PK timings, look at the corner stuff) try playing her in neutral against a computer. Her neutral is really tough since you have maybe 2 or 3 good normals and not many safe options.

She's definitely easy at first, I remember flying through her trials. The issue I had though was I didn't care for the stances and shotgun that much which actually make up a big deal of her game when you're in the corner. Could be part of the reason. She doesn't really seem to have as big of a draw as in Sign.

see my reply

Huh. That's interesting.
When I started out, I only really used her shotgun after a throw RC, like in her advanced combo 10. I hear she was bullshit in the Sign days, back then I didn't play GG or any fighting games.
I guess I have a weird perspective on this, since Revelator was the first fighting game I ever played, and Elphelt being easy to play is the only reason why I'm still playing.
Please stop saying my wife is slutty.

Dizzy needs to be move in between chaste and slutty and Kum should be next to May. Ram doesn't even know what sex probably is.

>tries to make literally ever male character she beats in game marry her, and makes the female ones introduce her to a man
>not slutty

She just wants love, please don't bully her.

Not bullying just saying it like it is.

Max scores in vanilla AND sluttiness are very unusual. She only wants tender loving missionary sex with the man she marries, BUT she's so desperate she'll let anybody who's willing be that man. Quite an anomaly.

so elphelt == ibuki

hmm

what do

I'd make like Guilty Gear Xrd and sign

Can she actually feel love? I thought her story was that she can't feel love, which is why she's so obsessed with it. Like in her win quotes, she has all these super romantic ideas about relationships, straight out of romance novels.
Did anything change for her in the end of Rev2, or is she still the same way?

Well she wants love and I think that's what really matters.

So i switched my channels to right only but can i center it after that? Without using side software that is.

just undo what you did to switch it to right only

I mean to center it without turning left channel on, it's kinda uncomfortable to listen with one ear only.

ah gotcha, don't think there is a way to do that though sadly
you got me but that was really fuckin terrible

Any tips when fighting against Johnny? What are the biggest gaps when he is pressuring me in the corner? What's the most damaging combostarter that I should look out for? Obviously mist finer level effects that, but if there are any Johnny mains here with general tips, that would be great.

Fighting Johnny as who?

Sorry I should have mentioned that. I play Elph, so no meterless dps or 6p antiairs for me.

Well the biggest gap when pressuring would be when he dashes after a mist cancel. Just realize you have to respect his buttons when he has lvl 3 mist. Like if he wants to 5H>mist cancel>5H then you have to block it since he is +10 after 5H mist cancel with lvl3. The best thing to do is FD block and force a whiffed button or force him to mist cancel dash since he is negative(but not by much like -3 or -5 depending on the move.) In general making his buttons whiff is a good move. I personally hate Elph IAD j,S since it tends to beat f.S and 2S which are his preferred long buttons.

2H>mist cancel>j.p and j,K will beat pretty much anything outside of blitz. Only mash if they are air dashing a lot out of mist cancel. This is the other part of using FD. If they hit 2H at max range they can't hit with j.p, or j.k so he is limited to air dash to keep pressure or just give up momentum.

Basically most of it is blocking and FD until he is far enough that he has to commit to a long poke or a dash then using that as a chance to mash to take your turn, or just IAD out.

Thanks dude. I'm really inconsistent with my IADs, so I'll resort to FDing, at least until I get better at IADing. A huge help, I'll keep this in mind next time I'm cornered.

Just got the game and deciding on Jack-o', what do I need to know? Whats the game plan after placing down all your houses?

Learn gatling combos.
Pick up and throw your houses to cover your approach

Try to stop them from getting destroyed. You get more meter if you're close to a house. If you can keep your houses pumping minions out, you get more chances to start a combo off of their hits.
Use these tips as you will.

>Should I limit to 1 response per person which forces people to login to google to prevent the double voting nonsense
Yes

>Should I keep the max of 2 mains or only allow 1?
Only one allowed, it's called "main" for a reason

>What would be a reasonable amount of time before another census?
I'd redo the current poll at the start of the next thread to get more accurate results since people have voted twice to check the results

Her execution is hard, you can turn your brain off for everything else.

So Daisuke put in an RTS/MOBA inspired character (Jack-O) and an FPS inspired character (Elphelt). When are we getting the RPG character and the SHMUP character?

>SHMUP character?
Dizzy?
>RPG character
I'm not even sure what this would entail.

>I'm not even sure what this would entail.
He plays like Faust's cup game and Venom's ball mechanic.

How hard is Xrd to run on PC? I wanna get DBFZ on PC but I'm not sure I'll be able to run it. I can run SFV on low settings, and can run the old Blazblues

You should be fine unless you're running a literal toaster.

Pirate it and see. If it runs at stable 60 you should be fine, otherwise there might be problems with netplay. And that can be tested too since you can play online with other hobos.

What does deviant mean

>Baiken and Millia quite literally hate men
>not all the way to the left

>they will never bully you
feelsbadman

This. Best girls are pure.

>Millia
>pure
user...

Which part of 'hates men' did you not understand? Dizzy is the slutty one.

Did she hate men before or after she and Zato fucked like rabbits? Not that it matters

Xrd top 8 at NEC about to start at twitch
.tv/bifuteki

Who is the most projectile heavy zoner in the game?

dizzy

Jam should be further right than I-No. Active pursuit should weigh more than just insinuation.

is the rev 2 story mode worth sitting through?

No. Enable turbo on your stick and melt that 6 hour anime cliche in to 40 minutes for your Woolongs.

Yes but keep tapping A until you're about to get to an interesting bit. There's some long pauses.

Like read the lines, set them to fastest or instant and then skip until the parts with more action or dialogue is interesting.

Lostsoul won NEC 3-0 against Marlinepie

Might be switching from rekka gorilla