/twg/ - Total War General

Oil Paintings Edition

>Warhammer
youtube.com/watch?v=qLSezK6_N5w
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
totalwar.com/blog/reprisal-update-final-patch-notes (NEW)
tl;dr: Laboratory and Reprisal updates now live, more balances & updates in January alongside campaign DLC and FLC

>History
store.steampowered.com/app/694880/Total_War_ROME_II__Empire_Divided/
store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

Previous :

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C7NSUFDHFgg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for VC being best undead faction

>t. Mannlet

2nd for welcome, friends of the dawi

How was /twg/ before Warhammer was announced?

What /twg/?

>implying Mannlet would post a pic depicting Mannlet being bullied

Dead because noone played shitty boring historical games

Pretty much the same.

Pretty dead. Attila had been released for a while and even though now people say it is a good game, back then a lot of people hated it.

A bunch of old fags talking about dead wh*te people.

WHY WON'T MOMMY TRADE WITH ME?!

She isnt trading with anyone dont take it personal kid

I ironically like fighting the dwarves just for the sole reason that their banter lines are pretty damn great.

>LL is always first in, last out

Hope you're setting a good example for your troops /twg/?

Love the smell of elf blood in the morning.

>198958780
>*final solution intensifies*

Lads, anything you miss from the original Shogun and Medieval?

>Using subtefuge to fuck your own allies and then inherit their lands
>Choosing a side in civil wars
>actually fighting battles with allies due to the 2D map
>incest babies

Anything I've missed?

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Shit, ment

You are dead kiddo

Momrathi's position is kind of stupid since she has to go south to get a port that's actually connected to her capital; land bridges don't count for connecting provinces.

Steady boys. They have us in number, and experience, and quality and... well, it is their Legendary Lord armed to the teeth with purples.

But at least we have this nice hill.

Are they attacking you, or you them?

When will they bring back the fucking Norsca dlc?
Varg almost got the entire empire land, i can only imagine how FUN it would be with mammoths and Fimir.

G O B L I N S

I'm playing Helfs, and I am so sick of fighting edgelords.

I'm on turn 118 and I don't think I've fought against a single non-elven unit.

I went up to bully Norsca a little, but after a while they offered no resistance.

And fuck, the Delves have LITERALLY the entire west conquered. It's gonna' be another 100 turns before I can finally start moving east.

On the bright side the Undead are fucking some shit up with the brets so that might lead to a fun future!

Have I just let the Delf population grow way out of control, or are they always this much of a burden?

Taking back Zhufbar.

I find if I dont end Morathi as Mazdamundi early on she becomes a sort of cancer that swallows the whole west.

I'm feeling that!

And those fucking lizards in the south-west are starting to get riled up too.

They're even number 1 in power!

I have to keep feeding them constant tribute to keep them occupied while I deal with the edgelord-menace in the north-west first.

That being said the lizardcucks have been a drain on my economy and a never-ending thread in the south that need to be delt with eventually. I'm thinking once I get rid of the MOMMY and her shota I should go down and clear 'em out (or die trying).

The undead and the brets will just have to wait...

We praised Tengri, ok

Kind of a curiosity but assuming the mazdamundi decided to get off his fat ass and start taking names how would any faction shy of chaos stop him? Doesnt the guy like destroy cities with the flick of the wrist?

>ruination of cities
>three tendrils that do moderate damage in random directions
Chaos will be fine.

It was pretty fun

youtube.com/watch?v=C7NSUFDHFgg

A lot more campaign posting and a lot less dumbshit memes clogging up the thread.

Ah yes, the dog cuckapult. Good times

user HAS SPOKEN

A proper difficulty curve would be giving the AI more cheat funds depending on your strength number so that you can't roll through entire countries.

Anyone got some ME mods that remove the limit on spawn and zombie spawning
A proper difficulty curve would be coalitions forming after you passed your ideal borders and all your loyal generals became chaos spawn

YES

>explosive violence

It didn't have to be this way user.

>Chaos spawns
>Suddenly every dwarf army is in forced march up north

I think they may have left it a bit too late. They probably won't even make it very far south through Kislev who are 4th in the strength ranking.

>keeps giving lizards money to avoid getting BLC
>somehow the lizard are cucks
hmm...

Just trying to keep the BLC out of my white elf women user. Jesus I am the cuck.

so before the war of vengeance how populated was naggaroth and the surrounding area, did iy just have a few fur trappers and it's only once malekith got BTFO his followers relocated there

i miss gook :(

>Started playing with Shogun 2 when Warhammer was announced to prepare myslef.
>Play the hell outa WH 1
>Get bored, discover Attila
>Wh2 releases, waste 90 h on it
>Go back to Attila
>Get bored, go to Rome II
>Go back to Attila
>Get bored, go to Medieval II
>Go back to TWG and be annoyed at fantasy cloging up the general

Fantasy games have some coolness advantage in battles but are overall far dumber and simplistic than history, which really depletes Fantasy's long term replayability value. History is also more interesting in the long term, as actual history is more interesting to learn about than generic fantasy.

I wish I came here 6 years earlier.

>man I love history titles so much, I wish I was around to experience the launch of Rome II!

What an odd thing to say.

>tfw can't get med 2 to run

it was the best of times,it was the worst of times

>I wish I came here 6 years earlier
Why, just to witness the turborage?

Yes, I would go back to the time when Shogun 2 and Medieval 2 were the two most played games, thank you very much. Maybe empire was too but fuck that shit.

Also I'd have loved expieriencing Attila from the beggining, even if it was not that good back then.

>When will they bring back the fucking Norsca dlc?
May, alongisde the 31st anniversary RoR

>Dominion of the sword still not finished

>>desperately trying to get in the last word
lets continue in the new thread, if you insist
the real answer to being a history fag is that you're all autists, right?

It's the exact same for fantasy though, in fact possibly worse because at least history is real. You can't just pull the autism card when the other side is fucking Warhammer Fantasy.
Anyhow it's not about the lore so much as the character, the point is that these things are, well, an actual thing besides a colored blob with an arbitrary name. Sure, "Attila" is just a name they attached to a super buffed commander, but he has enough historical significance to get attached to.

>Pretty dead. Attila had been released for a while and even though now people say it is a good game, back then a lot of people hated it.
I remember some faggots trying to say that the horde mechanic wasn't new because there was a barbarian invasion expansion to rome 1, and other retarded bullshit

the real answer to being a history fag is that we're all men.

Can someone rank the lores from the most game changing to the shittiest?

What're you even on about?
The only people who didn't like it were people who thought every single game after Med II was garbage, even Shogun II fans tended to be more on the side of 'it's not for me because xxx'.

>>Chaos spawns
I wish
why won't chaos ever fucking spawn in my ME campaigns
they spawned ONCE when I was empire, and never again
I thought it was a mod bugging it out but I didn't change anything since that one empire campaign where they spawned, and it's turn 143 and no fucking chaos
not even the first event where you get 1 chaos corruption everywhere

>AI has access to Geishas
Good thing i sent my daimyo towards east, not west.

>implying fanasy fags care about lore instead of just caring about the objectively better gameplay of the actual important part of total war: the battles

>implying fantasyfags care about the lore
Yeah, they do. From a mechanical point of view, there's plenty of BS that makes fantasy shite compared to history like """"naval"""" """"battles"""" and the whole siege debacle. The only real thing it has going for it in the battle department is shit like giants, and if you like that so much then maybe you're not mature enough for this genre my man

Chaos rebellions gives birth to actual chaos warbands or beastmen?

Chaos,beastmen just spawn from events

To be honest the only reason I like WH is because it lets you have an army of chicks without looking too weird or out of place.

RIP Roman Britain

I guess
I also wish that the Germanic Priestess showed up on screen
It'd be a cool mod if you could get them to call down lightning bolts or some shit I guess

>"I wonder if he had a home. If he had friends. If he will be mourned."

>I hurt myself today
Nigger this is easy as fuck though, you have an anvil and an entirely intact hammer and half of their troops are already dead from attrition or something

wew.sure would be a shame if they HURRIED THE FUCK UP JESUS

they have a good reinforcing stack and built siege towers for everyone + 1 breech already

The hell are you on mate, with their losses this is an easy one. Defensive testudo makes their archers and cav a joke, and you can quite easily beat this little shitty infantry. Hide your cav in some trees, take them out when the opponent is tied up, win.

>towers / breach
Who the fuck cares? Hole up in the middle of the town instead of trying to hold the walls. Your archers alone will kill 40% of their units.

>he doesn't get attached to this pure and beautiful smile

Fine I'll be dishonourable, let them take the walls and save scum

Ogres confirmed

I just fucking love how the land cracks and "bleeds" with chaos corruption.

Do DEelfes even mourn their dead?

I can't picture a Dark Elf memorial service where a priest of some kind showes up to say some words and a mother cries.

I could come at this from three points of view
1. le meme historyfag: what the fuck is going on with his armor, it looks like shit
2. a normal person: it's honestly just some dude in armor smiling.
3. fantasyfag: Karl is a shitter.

>dishonorable
How the fuck is falling back to a place you can actually hold dishonorable suddenly

>at least history is real
History is just whatever dumb shit writers could come up with and get away with. So many battles have been proven to be either massively exaggerated or outright fabricated that I don't believe in history any more.

>How the fuck is falling back to a place you can actually hold dishonorable suddenly

Honoraless heather confirmed.
>>>/ratfags/

YOU'VE LET FILTHY BARBARS ENTER THE WALLS OF OUR GREAT CAPITAL UNOPPOSED, in the days of the Republic you would be CRUCIFIED for treason, held up in the Forum as an example to all TRAITORS

Good for you mate, just go on and be enlightened by your own intelligence then
Everything is fake nothing matters

>So many battles have been proven to be either massively exaggerated or outright fabricated

Like what? And what's your proof?

something that happened 2000+ years ago might as well be fantasy m8

You face your enemy when they attack. You do not retreat, you do not surrender, you do not pull back.

If you wanted tactical favor, you should have struck the first blow yourself.

>fall back, luring them in so that you can defeat them and drive them out of the city
or
>don't fall back, be defeated 'in battle', get your city sacked or razed
I'm sure all the good Briton women raped by Celtic dick will be comforted by the fact that their city was at least lost honorably.

That's Eboracum though.

You sound like a goddamn Ultramarine. The job of a commander is to win, not to get his city sacked 'honorably'.

Also it's a colesseum town this hard to defend

Coliseum towns should be banned but you should have ample time to move your troops into position
Also the AI can be stupid sometimes, so if there's a breach they often don't bother with towers at all

>all the good Briton women raped by Celtic dick

Fuck bitches. Should have drawn a sword if she didn't want her fate. There is always choice.

Now she has chosen to get CELTED, and will have to endure that choice.

reinstalling Attila right now, fun factions ?

both times they've used their towers, but on reset th town caught on fire and they positioned themselves away from the breech

This is the sort of "logic" that leads to the fall of the western empire.

I'd argue the other way around. This is the sort of logic that would have seen the western empire prevail.