/domg/ - Dominions General

Dai Oni expander edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/wjbSA98Y

>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
dropbox.com/s/gc9io6paebo4pj3/Debug_501.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game's 'data' folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Is there an easier way to play multiplayer?
Yes.
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/
Works for Dominions 5 just as well.

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread below.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU

>Previous Pantokrator:

First for salty ghosts

anti-Lemuria collusion never happened, but it should have

>make an expansion strategy
>test it out a few times in singleplayer, works great
>get into a multiplayer game
>capital doesn't have enough resources to pull it off properly
Aren't capital starting values supposed to be always the same?

*attacks your rear*
psssh... nothing personla.. kid

Seems hardly necessary in that scenario

Asphodel, i'll take Meer (27) from you for a turn so I can deal with Machaka better. Just sayin'

I'm pretty sure it's what happened considering the kill counts

Depends on what memebless Mictlan has

>33 Eagle Warrior kills
>75 Ozelotl kills
if he didn't attack rear he's got a giant horseshoe up his ass

>the Uttervast isn't true ethereal

Fucking Illfraud.

Also are there any open MA games?

Rate my Ys pretender

You've essentially lost 160 points for just unlocking those two additional magic paths. Very inefficient.

It's not working. I'm down to 5 dom provinces out of 150. Is this the end /domg/?

>domkilled by AI
wew

I'd take it Dormant and take P3 Scales. You want this 2 knights second turn

Thinking about it, does Mu and Shamballa nations sound cool?

>Start on another easily boxed in island

My police director has 26 attack. Unfortunately, he's still a crappy human so I can't do anything with this.

This is dontstaledesusmpai admin. Helheim will be removed next turn if he ais. Along with Caelum if he stales for 3 turns.
With that being said, is anyone interested in subbing for helheim or Caelum?

Put on of those instant death weapon artifacts on him for laughs

I can sub for either, if you want.

Why did he bring so many extra priests?

>I couldn't find any on the inspector
???
>lil centipede on top of a cave crab
i jej
Lore is really generic, follow Illwinter's example and steal some interesting lore from IRL cultures/myths other than just stating what paths their mages are.
Any national spells? Mummified centipede husks from the necromancers would be neat.
Luck mostly benefits squishy/shapeshifting sacreds. Putting your 115g sacreds' survivability at the bottom of their health pool means they're going to get afflictions up the ass, so at the very least you'd want recup with it. Even then I don't think it'd be as good as a rainbow or quickness.

Are you content now Vanheim?

thanks man, it didn't change the outcome of the battle much (52 deaths on the enemy side instead of 40 and I still lost) but I'm not bothered by losing a battle, just when there's the possibility that it's cause it's fucked up
sorry for the hassle

>Asphodel, i'll take Meer (27) from you for a turn so I can deal with Machaka better. Just sayin'

No, you can start in a swamp.

Vaetti are CUTE and worthy of giant LOVE.

large_insertion size_difference sort:score

She's cute indeed.

Are foul spawn worthy of the love of vaettir?

>Manlet Revenge
>Maximum size: 1
Does this mean it can only be worn by a creature of size 1? So it can't be worn by humans?

Yup

Balanced starts were a thing on Player Made maps for Dom 4. No such thing for Dom 5 yet.

They would be if people would fucking fix their generated maps before running games on them.

>It's an episode of your expanding army kills the indies first right as they bump with a foreign expanding party
>It's a rerun

>sort:score
where does this work

play RNG game, go maximal RNG

gelbooru
other boorus are largely order:score

Does increased magic scales increase the chance of magic sites in general?

>tfw your pretender magic duels another pretender and wins

How do you counter an early game rush from Chud Skinshifters and similar units?

A decent 19hp berserker sacred that turns into a Great Bear on death. It tears through anything even without bless.

No.

No. It enables certain events, though, particularly gem generation ones.

>send modest expansion party that should clean up with minimal losses
>does just that
>then bumps my greatest ally's avvite expansion force
>cleans them up too
>tfw guilty forever

sure. meet me in discord or write your email in spoilers.

>it puts you in a position where they and you both know you dont have any kind of defence left

Ai really loves going for back ranks now huh.

Depends on what magic you have available if your troops aren't going to cut it. There's usually a few useful earlygame spells for each path that can deal with smaller numbers of units

in the multiplayer games section

Yes, however it is the surrounding provinces which provide resources to the fort which can change. For example. 2 mountains are better than 2 wastelands for resources.

They also cast long range attack ritual spells like burds and werewolves.

>smaller number of units
6 skinsifters per turn, for 5 turns, with 0 casualties per turn = 30 Skinshifters

if you have astral mages, mind burn

This was the same type of province and on turn 1.

It isn't a big difference, but I have high resource cost units. A couple of points meant the difference between being able to do my plan and having to figure out something else.

Unrest & resource values can differ also, aswell as Population

>Mages cast Mind Burn
>5 Skinshifters take 14 damage, survive.
>25 more remain
>this is not even their final form
>laughingbearsHD.png

DSDS admin here. Helheim is subbed in by kind user.

But what nation are you playing as?

idk man, attack rear with fliers or knights

Yo Ulm, you here?

What is it

new LA game when?

I'm out of Earth gems. I can include what I have, but that'll be like, two. You cool with Fire or Water to make up the difference? Payment on delivery of items.

Do you have any nation-specific strats in mind?

It's cool, I'll take the water gems

Mictlan should be dropping super-blessed Eagle Warriors on their commander, Xibalba and Caelum should be doing their equivalent of the same

Most strats are nation/build dependent

dont listen to that guy. he's an impostor

blood slaves are always welcome. ill take astral, fire, and water as well.

Skinshifters are berserkers. Killing the commander will delay them for 1 turn, nothing more.

Does bloodsurge trigger on killing the first shape of a multi-shape unit?

someone host a LA game please

No, MA.

>cities, and traditions
>,
Fix your shit.

BIG
MEATY
CLAWS

Should Pythium legionnaires recieve the "Formation Figther" trait?

Huh. Centaurs count as cavalry now?

all legionaires *should* but they probably don't for balance reasons, and to give people a reason to use triarii

>balance reasons

the non-undead rome/greek nations need all the help they can get

MARIGNON STILL NEEDS THEIR 24 HOUR EXTENSION THEYVE BEEN ASKING FOR. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wait, what? Do they? How do you know?

They seem to get -1 Harassment penalty per attack.

The inspector doesn't list them as having #mounted

Oh, yeah. That's the default now. Cavalry gets -1 per every 2 attacks.
Somebody didn't read the manual.

I had not realized that. Isn't that a big buff to giants?

Maybe higher levels of formation fighter should give +def bonuses when units with it fill a square?

Probably pretty nice, yes. Still outnumbered generally, but...

that doesn't help when Ermoran factions only get one (shitty) formation fighter unit

That would be cool. Professionals helping defend each other without reverting back to Doms4 repel. People with more training/trust being better at it, fits flavorwise. Rank 0 would just be as it is now (more man/square) Neat.

Right now I don't think formation fighter is ranked at all (the only parameter it has modding wise is how many extra size points are allowed in the square), but not like that's unchangeable.

Yeah, probably have to add it to Hastati/Principe/etc, too. Makes it all make more sense, anyways. Triarii could have a better FF rank, or whatever.

Too bad this is unmoddable.

Nice meme friendo! Make sure to crosspost it to Reddit for those sweet upvotes!

At the same time I'd also give giants the sweep mechanic from CoE where overkill damage hits other units in the square (after passing a defense check), would give some giants a reason for existing

Are you ok user?

>0/10 Dai Oni bless, for shame. Invuln is literally worthless because Stoneskin overwrites it.

How is a buff to cav fighting outnumbered a buff to giants?

Hey, Admin for BigGame, would you be willing to AI the stalers, or look for people to replace them? It has been a while and I don't think anyone wants to keep waiting on them every turn.

If you would rather not spend a lot of effort on it, I would be willing to take over as Admin and assume those jobs. I just want the game to continue and continue to be fun to play.

It was -2 per attack taken in Dom4. Which meant that giants fighting even 3-attack-per-square humans had fuckall chance of avoiding getting hit at least once, and even worse if they were dealing with surrounding troops. And even MORE worse for higher attack density stuff. The change to -1 means they might actually get some use out of their shields now.

Wasn't it a change from unique attacks->attacks (eg, units with multiple attacks trigger it now, but didn't used to) so that it's the same for units with 2 attacks and better than it used to be for units with more?

Asking because I don't actually know

Units don't heal between battles if they go through multiple battles in one turn, right?

To the best of my knowledge, in Dom4 multiple attacks from a single unit reduced defence of the thing they were attacking by -2 per attack made. (Except against Cav, which got -1)

Better

Unless they've got Regen, yeah. If they have regen they'll top up.

Any good MA Xibalba strats?