/xgg/ - Xenogames General #39

Previous Thread: ========== Xenoblade 2 ==========

>Link to official JP twitter:
twitter.com/xenobladejp?lang=en

>XB2 Trailer
[YouTube] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Character Trailer - Nintendo Switch

>XB2 Direct with world & gameplay explanations
[YouTube] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct 11.7.2017

>XB2 Story trailer (medium spoilers, at your own risk)
[YouTube] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Story Trailer - Nintendo Switch

>XB2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XB game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/MRMxvWHH

>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW

>XB2 Blade combo elemental chart
imgur.com/a/OiBPb

>XB2 Info Doc. Please help contribute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EG0UpsgjhISr6_isiUpiWMU9qcXj6t8wWB0_LAiH1yE/edit#gid=0

>XB2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/GBbXCXf8

========== Xenoblade X ==========

>XBX Links pastebin (faq, docs etc)
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY

==============================

Please mark your spoilers properly, anons.
If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y6TLtJ4epT0
youtu.be/WhCCI8khCW4
youtube.com/watch?v=joefbtXmyEY
youtube.com/watch?v=FpZzMNz1BSk
youtube.com/watch?v=WM9Mq_Gjn50
youtube.com/watch?v=ug-RW1n44Hg
youtu.be/TPFKUtUq70I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Where do you start the baby armu quest in Gormott? Is it possible to have killed it before even getting the quest? I don't even know if I killed it to begin with.

You DO want glorious bagpipe music don't you?

It's in the Kloom Farm. Warp to Torigoth Base Entrance and go northwest.
If you killed it, it respawns in a few days.

Endgame spoiler

Kos-Mos literally never ever.

What accent does the Eng dub use for Tantal? I'm pretty sure it's a type of Engish, but I can't place it exactly.

You don't "start" the quest, you just go to the farm and talk to the guy to get the option to feed it.
It won't appear in the quest log since it's not a proper quest.

There's no quest there though. The only quest I've ever seen there was the nopon with the crops. Is it locked behind a certain time or locked out once you get past a certain point in the story (I'm in ch 9)?

But Xenosaga 3 was better. We don't talk about XS2.
>The games also never got released in Europe so that's not a solution...
Uhhhh yeah that's exactly a solution. Get a better computer.

It's not a quest marker, it's a guy with a trophy over his head.

I ran through 99 commons, 60 rares, and 20 legendaries and got squat for KOS-MOS. I have a ton of 4 stars though. Is Endboss hunting the best way to grind for exp? I'm sick of smashing and just want to level up Zeke for more luck.

Ohhhhhhhh, thanks!

What chips should I be looking for to give Morag more agility? Because these Pentagon chips are super weak after a certain point.

>Getting the European games is a solution when the games never released here
Are you naturally stupid, or do you train to get these results?

Do we have sales numbers yet, aside from the JP sale numbers last week that were like 20% up compared to the previous games?

You have multiple options. Get a PS2 that can play them, get a modded PS2 that can run them or upgrade your PC hardware.

Modded PS2 will be the cheapest one.

Outside of Pentagon chips, there are no other agility chips for Morag as far as I know.
Poppi QTPie and Poppi QT have access to stronger agility chips if you want to turn Tora into an agility tank though. Poppi alpha doesn't seem to have one.

Pentagon, don;t worry about making Morag hit hard she just exists to pull agro and dodge.

I'm not sure how modding the PS2 works. I believe it requires a special memory card, right? If so, what would be the easiest way to get one of these?

How the FUCK do I get premium cylinders? I want to complete Salvage King but this shit is doing my head in

Get an old fat PS2, get HDD adapter and an old IDE HDD.

you can get a mod chip too, but these days people use the memory cards yeah.

either you ask someone who already has one to clone it onto another one or buy one.
its called freemcboot so look up if and where they sell memcards with that on them in your country.

Is Rex the most relatable protagonist in the series

I'll give that a look at some point, thanks guys.

he is Lad: the character.

Alright I had enough mats to get the baby ardun halfway through the level 80 feeding, but I forgot to check where my level 80 food supply came from...

Anyone know where Jellyfish Balsam, Lightning Stump, Bellflower Crystal, Limitless Rose, and Monochrome Muscari can be farmed?

Since artes damage is now based on auto attack damage, isn't it theoretically much better to use the break stone accessory (65% boost in auto attack) than something that flat boosts damage by 50% against certain enemies / boosts strength or ether (unless healing) by 30%?
Or do the accessories that boost auto attack ONLY boost auto attack?

I think you're the one that's fucking retarded.
1. Get a better computer
2. pirate the game
3. pop it into emulator
4. profit

If the game isn't released in your country, do what is easiest. This isn't rocket science.

so whats the best way to develop places? salvaging and turning in? just buying/selling shit?

Buy and sell gold cylinders, will get to 99 in no time

Reach level five in one zone, buy 99 gold cylinders, sell them in another zone for zero loss/profit, rinse and repeat.

>get to 99 in no time
Meant to say 5* dev level but I think all this salvaging and grinding for cores in breaking my mind

early indications (which are far from foolproof) are that's it's up 10-30% in all markets compared to X's launch and considering that the switch isn't a flop and weebism is now more popular than ever it's pretty likely this is going to be the most popular entry in the current series

Where do you buy boosters?

Aight yeah, these memory cards seem cheap enough, and after that it looks like I can load shit straight from USB so that's cool.

>Zenobia with the moon matter chip and her crit arte with the heal on crit ability
>throw on the chip that lets you swap swap party members pretty much instantly if 2 or 3 artes are available
>can just spam the fuck out of orbs for the 3 you have, refill the party gauge in a few seconds, and never die unless the enemy has super high agility
Zenobia stop this isn't fair for other blades

Did anyone manage to finish Godfrey's quest? I'm stuck in Tantal
Basically, I unlocked the part where you have to fight back the 3 packs of wolfs attacking Theosoir. All 3 objectives are cleared, but there is a "help all citizens who were left behind in Theosoir, Tantal." But I don't see any quest icon on the map, nor any direction indicator. Is it normal?

What's the song that usually plays during "you won the fight but you still lost because fuck you" cutscenes? It's like that one song from the first game.

Where do you trade in salvage from the World Tree?

You have to also rescue the citizens around town, but those don't have quest markers. IIRC they have the trophy above their heads, and there's 3 or 4 of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=y6TLtJ4epT0
Counterattack?

I don't know about most of that stuff, but you can get Limitless Rose from a gathering point close to the Mid Level - 7th Perimeter Skyport landmark at the World Tree. I think Agronomy is the field skill you want to use for that.

Fuck yes, took down Ophion.

Auto Attack accessories only apply at the time of the auto attack. It's not the same as the auto attack stat and it does not affect arts or specials. I believe the weapon specific attachment accessories are the ones that modify the AA stat for all damage calculation. Sword Attachment, Master Attachment, etc. They seem worse than loincloth/swimsuit, Hero Vambraces, etc. But the attachments could potentially be better after you boost the AA stat a bunch by reaching S+10 trust level.

World Tree Drop is the best damage accessory for your player controlled character, boosts damage by 250% after doing about 20 blade switches. Pairs well with Overclock Bangle.

Thanks, user! Checking it out now.

>Since artes damage is now based on auto attack damage

Since when?

I think I'm the best blade for the job.

wow it's uncanny, but we'll it is the same composer
youtu.be/WhCCI8khCW4

are there any other songs that has their own counterpart from the first game? an obvious one would be Gaur Plains/Gormott but I don't recall any others, maybe Refugee Camp/Spirit Crucible Elpys but that might be a stretch.

Awakening is so YWKON 2 it hurts.

>Doing stage 5 of Tiger Tiger for master strike mods
>Game gives me 3 easy to perfect stages with a bonus stage in each
Gee, thanks but could you just give me the master strike mods.

Second Battle theme is sort of similar to Mechanical Rythm, but a bit far fetched I guess

youtube.com/watch?v=joefbtXmyEY

youtube.com/watch?v=FpZzMNz1BSk

Came here to post this

youtube.com/watch?v=WM9Mq_Gjn50

Auto Attack stat on blades and their chips is actually weapon power. It applies to all damage. The game uses AutoAttack + (strength or ether) to calculate base damage (generally first hit of auto attack), and multiples that by art/special Ratio and any other damage boost skills or effects you have.

Battle Theme 3 reminds me more of Mechanical Rhythm.

youtube.com/watch?v=ug-RW1n44Hg

>Finch and Agate right in a row
KOS-MOS never. I'm only missing five rare blades now.

I'm sorry, it's actually the spot you need Botany for a little ways down the bridge.

>olethro playhouse is filled with level 95+ drivers

>Ultimate Shield
>can only use on non poppins
Why game? Why!?

"man this magic shit is cool but desu I just want my anime tiddies"

Rex is the most relatable.

Xenosaga was awesome.

Ha.

>go to quick travel point
>take wind current up to next level to botany point
>get one rose most pulls, sometimes none
>go to one you just said
>get three roses in one pull

I don't hear it, the 2nd one fits more in my opinion. Mind you, this is still a great battle theme, and I'm glad the game features so many, be it for random mobs or bosses.

>some scenes in the game
>vocal music for some reason
>always thought it's kinda weird
>get on internet
>"holy shit I love Drifting Souls" - a bunch of people
>never got around to listening the soundtrack
>finally listen to soundtrack
>mfw Drifting Souls
you guys like this song?

>Zeke talking in a southern accent like Dahlia

Actually, they don't have an icon but they have a special name. I found the woman, youth and elder, but it seems I'm still missing someone, but I keep going around and I don't see any other NPC.

I don't understand why they didn't bother using quest markers for these NPC. GDI

Did you get the one in the balcony near the hot springs? There's one there and another in the hot springs area.

Yes. Music in the game is in general great.

>that weird noise Zeke makes when he opens a treasure chest

UGHUAG

Yeah, It is ironically the first one I found.

It's the best fucking sound in the game.

How is she supposed to pull aggro with 300 damage chips when everyone is pushing 1000? Even with aggro up gear/cores on her and aggro down on others, they'll rip off her in a single special

How do I inflict break without enemy resisting?

I think the first game hit a lot more highs than this one but unfortunately has more lows. this game is more consistent though.

Beta Scopes help with that. They're not foolproof but having one on Tora usually means you'll get a break. Assuming you got the final Poppi upgrade.

I maxed her 100% aggro pull arts and every time in battle whenever focus is lost on her I make her use a Special.

Equip beta scope and pray.

I agree. I haven't found anything that tops:
youtu.be/TPFKUtUq70I

Weapons are for fighting, not fucking!

Nah, Morag falling into bottomless pit or Tora taking fall damage are better

Well maybe my blades should put on some fucking clothes if they don't want to be raped by every driver.

>couldn't wield the true monado until he admit to himself he just does for the tiddies

the most based jrpg character in years desu

>tfw shit was going south so you had to pull the trigger early
i wanted to reach 9999999 :(

>9 rare crystals and 3 legendaries in a single vampire
Once you get the whole machine running, it gets stupid easy. I almost feel bad for the monster because it spends 90% of the fight stunlocked.

Looking for legendary beta scopes. Only found one, but can't remember where.

It was anything but. I don't how people can stand the characters and gameplay in that trilogy.

>Perceval
He's the 2nd shittiest katana, why wouldn't you use Char Aznable?

holy fucking shit thats a lot of damage

Who is the best tank is it tora? or is there someone else. Just started chapter 4.

#WulfricAskedForIt

tora becomes the best if you spend lots and lots of hours playing tiger tiger. otherwise, you get someone else.

Mind posting your full setup? I finished Zenobia's affinity tree earlier and am interested in shenanigans.

Stuck with Gorg cooking quest.
There is one flan item that require wibbleweed, but I don't even know where you can find that wood item.
Any idea?

Are there any build guides for all three Poppi's yet? I loathe Tiger Tiger so have benched Tora for ages.

Element mostly.
The other option I was handling is OD Vale to Zeke, replace Praxis with her, then replacing Perceval with Aegeon, since that'd keep the full elemental coverage in the team.

Where are the Mysterious parts located? I got part F from an enemy in Morytha but I can't find the rest.