/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lili

give me pros and cons of Steve with the least amount of memes possible, tekgen

katarina desu

why not just read the character overview?

Not him but the only character overview is Fergus' and it's full of theoryboaring crap

pros:
b1
high ra
high damage
string mash gameplay can bamboozle people unfamiliar with the character
looks cool

cons:
controls weirdly
combos are different and difficult
no generic launchers

Just button mash, guarantee Tekken Prime God. Character is brain dead.

If you were going to shitpost at least throw a MainMemeSWAY in there

I hope you don't mean the Fergus guide.

In case anyone else reads this, do NOT choose your characters based on that garbage guide. It's misleading at best and half of the things written there are outright WRONG. Do your own research, watch pros playing the character, ask here or play with them in practice mode to see how they feel instead.

>it's another episode of /tekgen/ greenies pretending to know better than a multi purple rank twt finalist

That guide says that the character with the best hopkick in the game is KUMA, for fucks sake. If that's not enough to make you turn 360 degrees and walk away then I don't know what is.

if this is true then why is it posted in the general's basic info

>it's a "whiteknight appeals to authority" rerun

High RA is a bad thing...

literally nothing wrong with that
just cause the guide has a few goofs doesn't mean it's not mostly correct

Because it's the only character overview out there.

>party kinda style

why do you say that? they're much easier to whiff punish with unless you try to punish shit that leaves them crouching and they're godlike i13 punishes too

>memers say Steve has shit lows
>literally has a demoman

hmm

There's no difference between high and mid RAs for whiff punishing but if something is a high crush and you pop your RA then you're fucked. High RAs are at a huge inherent disadvantage over mids.

>implying bears aren't party characters

>There's no difference between high and mid RAs for whiff punishing
Jin's and Steve's RA are 13 frames fast instead of 25 something like standard ones.

nigga u stupid they're 7f faster so you have way more leeway to react

They're keepout characters with a mixup stance ya goof

>tekken
>keepout characters
boy do you even play this game

Go on

How do I beat Hwoarang ?

lab

if he does peacekeeper just sweep

>if he does an unseeable mid just snake edge

??????

after it you dummy

So he can fucking block it and launch you? What?

>implying they aren't all mashing 3~4 after ff4

I love Nina

RAWHIDE
MAHA

Then duck and launch it IF they do it?

that move is difficult enough to ws launch in practice, never mind in a real match

yes it's fucking dumb. such a heavy looking move recovers like a jab.

How do I deal with pressure with Kazuya? I have no crushing moves

You can wipe your rank and wins by deleting your save right?

Or is it all saved online.

Imagine caring about this

I'm an autist. Just answer the question. I lost too much before I got good and when I look in player data it makes me cringe. I feel cucked.

Can't get enough of her.

I dropped her for Josie.

Damn, people in blues and greens really are rank resetters huh...

no one will care how many wins you have when you're in red ranks

I am not playing her either.

That's what I meant too.

I'll get back up to high yellows in no time. It just upsets my autism to see all my losses in player data.

too add to this, nobody is impressed with your rank to win ratio unless you have something like 100 wins in orange ranks

Anakin just confirmed that all the pros loved Tag 2

I wish to improve my cancerous Chloe play.
Unfortunately I don't see anyone on twitch playing her, anyone know a good streamer who plays her I can watch on youtube?

you can find plenty of chloe footage from johnding

twitch
.tv/videos/210398827?t=01h43m20s

>In the final of a tournament, after the first match the opponent ragequits because he couldn't land a hit on me
Imagine being this salty

Thanks.

How do you even have fun with this garbage game, it legit pisses me off so much sometimes I have to stop before I destroy something

Finally rank up only to be demoted again by Wifi hopkicking claudios and Yellow smurfing drags doing nothing but D2, not to the mention the rage I feel when I get Snaked Edged

I remind myself for who I do it.

Is it more of a compliment when someone is respectful and says what you did was cool, when they quit or when they send fanmail? Somehow I've never been sent such messages and I feel a little bit let down by that.

where's footage of her driving that thing into a brick wall?

>wants to smash things when he loses in video games

you just make them win even more.

Showing violence is you trying to reclaim some amount of control. Practice mindfulness.

How to do WR moves while being in your opponents face?
No matter how fast I press f,f,f it won't really come out.
Is there a trick to it?

last forward and your attack button has to be pressed at the exact same time like an electric. some people find it easier to think of it as f n ff or ff n f.

That sounds like a pain in the ass to do.

buffer the input in a moves recovery

welcome to tekken, this is why a lot of casuals prefer playing on keyboard/hitbox.

THere is literally no reason for Drags D2 or any hopkick not the be launch punishable

move

You can absolutely body me but the moment you start ki charging and just walking forward in my face is when i quit

/dabs/

>perfect kbds
>doesn't break a single nosebleed
orange ranks are a strange place

I was thinking of creating a checklist (if there isn't one already), one for overall gameplay and learning the game mechanic, movement etc. And then maybe even character specific.

A simple way to check what you can do and what you have yet to learn. With simple explanations and links to tutorials .
A Step by step checklist from "Beginner" to "Master".

You think that would be useful?

In fairness they might just simply not have much character knowledge. I don't think a lot of people realize for example that Nina's mist is nosebleed and can be escaped by holding down. Because if you aren't a Nina player yourself you don't see that move much and might have no knowledge how to escape it.

>played against the same guy for 2 hours
at least we had a good time

I keep hearing things like that, but it's usually like "Kazuya isn't actually defensive once you pracriced for 15 years and can do 10 wavedashes per second", which isn't really relevant to anyone watching that sort of video.
What are the most glaring mistakes in there? Watching match videos is hard if you don't understand what is going on.

But that Kazuya thing isn't even true. Watch any high level Kazuya,Knee is a good example of this, they play defensively until they get a punish and knockdown and its only then that you can start your wavedash mix ups.

Sure, go for it

>256 hours of gameplay
>unfamiliar with a majority of matchups
>somehow still forget to use my i10 punish to see if something unfamiliar was punishable
sometimes i wish i was never born

Who's the INTP character of Tekken?

king

>most popular newcomer

Katarina for Tekken 8 confirmed!

I WANT STONERS TO LEAVE PLAYER MATCHES RIBBET

Yeah and guess what people do against the guy who has a hard time opening up turtles

She's not the most popular newcomer anymore, hasn't been since the first few months. Unless she gets buffed she definitely won't be in Tekken 8.

Objectively correct best grills list ranking from top to bottom.

Kazumi
Eliza
Lili
Asuka
Nina
Josie
M.Raven
Xiaoyu
Chloe
Katarina

Robots need not apply.

Nina
Neener
Niner
9r
Nina
Neener
Niner
9r

WAIFUS BITCHES
Robots need not apply. ribbet

>Anakin called Tekken 7 hot garbage and went back to playing Tag 2

>Kazumi
>Eliza
>Lili

Jesus christ talk about boring

what about panda

whoops guys i wrote the list in reverse order

So i'm gonna try out Tekken 7 soon, big fan of Soulcalibur. Josie caught my eye, honestly only because she was the cutest. Gonna try her for the shits, any pro tips or pros/cons? Characters that are good in poking, maybe more defensive and punish heavy?

> Josie caught my eye

I can already tell you're a piece of shit.

It's that bad huh? I know nothing about Tekken characters, especially standings in the community. Is she a shit?

Josie is one of those incredibly annoying scumbag characters. Really fast, most of her moves cannot be punished, her crushes are some of the best in game, most of her inputs can't be read, and she's loud and annoying to boot. To top it off 99% of the players that play her are 2 bar Brazillians or wifi warriors that either lag or plug pull or just play like absolute massive assholes.

She's not the strongest character in game, she's just insanely annoying to deal with, and if you lose to her it's rarely because they outplayed you.

>being this mad

She brings that out of people.

You cannot comprehend or appreciate how calm and zen I am right now.

Ah well. Then what's a good character to learn fundamentals. Not gimmicky, solid overall, and the skills can be fairly reliably carried over to the other cast. Mishima are the MCs but I heard they're the unorthodox type.

must be hard knowing you'll never, ever beat the koreans