/srg/ - Speedrunning General

don't let it die

Other urls found in this thread:

speedrun.com/user/Wizzrobe
speedrun.com/user/chillindude829
youtube.com/watch?v=YG0q_DoAuMw
api.speedrun.tv/speedteam/list.txt
reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/7ken7d/who_are_some_openly_lgbt_speedrunners/dre7nw9/?context=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I won't

based

the person who posts this doesnt even speedrun, let alone understand how to get top times in a game lol

>wq starts practicing
>is surprised that it's more efficient than mindlessly grinding runs (while avoiding the reset button)

>implying it isn't dead already
lol............................................

doing no resets its a complete waste of time

It's good for building consistency and confidence in runs, but terrible for fine tuning things like movement.

No and no. No reset is only good for checking if muscle memory isn't off for the strats you're using. Your gameplay is sloppier in no resets and confidence will plummet in runs you grinded a lot for that can PB. Also, consistency in pressure-free runs is overrated.

What game do you speedrun?

Oh shit

no counter argument whatsoever
>spending 2500 hours to be an irrel like flippy because you thought you could spend infinite time on practice and """"""consistency"""""" while being too much of an anxiety alligator for real attempts
LOL its fucking speedrunning the autistic hobby for complete sperglords that cant compete in real games and you still dont know it doesnt matter if you put no effort into efficient practice and instead waste time on retarded shit like no resets

So, you don't speedrun? Gotcha.

Opinion discarded.

whew i am out of shape, thanks for motivating me to start doing cardio regularly again serg!

Enjoy being an autistic irrel with a shit time because you discarded good advice, senpai.

You don't even have a time though. That's already better than you.

What game do you speedrun?

Oh shit

Having a time that's out of the competitive circle says a lot about how good of a speedrunner you are. Possibly more on the negative side than not having a time at all. It's like not knowing if you're actually a dumbfuck before you start talking, the same goes for a shit time where you prove you're no clue when it comes to the actual competition. That's why you'll be instantly BTFO'd in no time when a comp smash player picks up your game.

>That's why you'll be instantly BTFO'd in no time when a comp smash player picks up your game.
Then why do the vast majority of competitive smash players who pick up speedrunning suck shit at it?

Bullshit. Speedrunning is piss easy compared to any real competition. That's why all the autists flock to it

>Speedrunning is piss easy compared to any real competition
Not if you are going for good times. It is by definition, difficult. Playing as fast as possible is not easy for any game.

You're clearly someone who's been burned by speedrunning and now have a bitty attitude towards it. So easy to spot.

>Speedrunning is piss easy compared to any real competition.
Then why do the vast majority of competitive smash players who pick up speedrunning suck shit at it?

wizzrobe came in 2nd at dreamhack, beating leffen 3-0 in losers and he is literally half an hour behind the record in the shitty, piss easy meme game he runs lmao.

>Not if you are going for good times.
So if you're a twitch whore that does it as a job? Come back when your hobby gets the tiniest bit of credibility

The only competitive smash player who ever got good at a speedrun is that faggot who runs Donkey Kong Country, which is literally a no-competition hold right 2d meme game.

>spending a good portion of your youth bashing your head against the wall to achieve a lucky streak
Even SM64 has less than 10 players going for top "competitive" times. They're all twitch/nico whores.

Speedrunning isn't competitive. It's a time sink. Deal with it.

>That's why you'll be instantly BTFO'd in no time when a comp smash player picks up your game.

speedrun.com/user/Wizzrobe
speedrun.com/user/chillindude829

LMAO. "Instantly" BTFO'd alright.

t. salty baby who got burned by speedrunning now hes bitter

>claims competitive smash players can instantly BTFO speedrunners in their game
>backpedals like a coward and shifts the goalposts when he's proven that competitive smash players are laughably bad at speedrunning
lmao you can't make this shit up.

>4 hour autistic grind for sperglords
Way to prove my point. The reason those games will never have real competition is they're time sinks before you can master them at the top level.

>b-but it doesn't count cuz it's long!!!
jesus christ, just fuck off back to your party game circle jerk.

>my game is deeper because you hold right for 30 minutes before real inputs happen
Your hobby is a joke, autist.

Holy fuck, turns out smash players can't even get times that troglodytes can accomplish. lmfao

he's saying youre even worse than the smash players that suck shit LOL!

>implying failing an RNG based trick 2 hours in that you couldn't fully understand without spending 1000 hours on it means their gameplay was objectively worse
90% of speedrunning is wasting time on "research", no game has clearly laid out rules like in games made for actual competition

>He thinks RNG saves 30 minutes in Windwaker
>He thinks RNG saves 8 minutes in Sunshine
no, they both just fucking blow cock at their speedgames.

It was just an example, autist. My point is you can't be good at speedrunning by just playing well. You have to waste time on pointless, game-specific shit that doesn't carry over to other speedruns.

>fails a trick because he doesn't understand the mechanics of the game
>"h-he's actually good though! i-i swear!"
What did he mean by this?

Smash players can't possibly be this stupid, can they?

>implying your idea of a trick couldn't be literally anything cause speedrunning is arbitrary as fuck
You're just too stupid to see it, aren't you?

>You have to practice a video game to get good at it.
>You can't be good at it just by magically being good at it.
WHOA, STUNNING INSIGHT THERE, DETECTIVE.

Is this Headcrab IRL?

youtube.com/watch?v=YG0q_DoAuMw

alright serg, if i can blow a games current wr out of the water using current strats should i instead grind degenerate 1:1000000 strats to seal the deal or just get the free pb so i dont kill the speedgame im leading towards option a full discretion

>1:1000000
No such thing. Either it's viable or TAS only in which case you will never optimize a run with it.

Just do your best.

>comes into thread about speedrunning
>claims competitive smash players can "INSTANTLY BTFO" speedrunners in their game
>is shown evidence that competitive smash players are only capable of literal joke times
>furiously scrambles to come up with any excuse he can to justify the exposure
You have reached a new level of pathetic.

>No, I'm back in Australia. I'm not going back to Germany
>Not ever
good for him, was THIS close to being a true blue cuck.

while that was clearly an exaggeration i will say that while your post kind of pisses me off with how many assumptions it makes it is still oddly inspiring, thanks user!

>think of a game i liked
>not even that obscure
>look it up
>only speedrun ever made is a tas
if only i was autistic enough to speedrun it i'd have a free wr

Oh boy, I can't wait for AGDQ when the literal worst people on the internet flock to the speedrunning community for a week to share their awful opinions on everything.

>implying /srg/ isn't already filled with the worst people on the internet
literal brainlet.

50 posts, 6 hours..11 posters
srg is dead

Why do you guys disrespect Duke so much?

Hotline Miami is legitimately a pretty difficult game to get good enough at to speedgame. High execution and speed required.

Don't talk shit about Duke if you're a pleb at his game.

How do you pick a game to start speed running? Do you just pick your favorite game or?

Why doesn't anyone speedrun the games I like?

HE'S A SUPERFREAK!
SUPERFREAK!
HE'S SUPERFREAKY, YEAH!

don't let it die

Croni here. Anyone need added/updated on the /srg/ speedteam? api.speedrun.tv/speedteam/list.txt

The God Gamer Stigma

>check speedruns.com for GTA:SA stuff
>it's basically as cancerous as here, just more on-topic
wheres a non-cancer speedplace

/r/samandtolki

reddit is unrionically upvoting the tranny list lmao
reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/7ken7d/who_are_some_openly_lgbt_speedrunners/dre7nw9/?context=0

what i dont understand about this is that he clearly did these things, he just left the game with a low 52. does the freak not understand that everyone has to go through these pbs to get good times?

>low 52

>squid posting
>logic
it's like you're new to this

your input doesnt count freak

yeah can you add me on there

why didn't you sage?

thanks for the late response!

what games do you like? I could try...

we

why didn't you sage?

Why didn't you thank?

list of people who emerged victorious:
the obsessed freak

list of people who suffered endless and irredeemable exposure aka total defeat:
18xhourxgrindxmidx52xmonkey

>wasting 3+ years of your life posting on an anime board about some irrelevant speedrunner makes you victorious
ok freak

i can't hear you over the sound of your complete and utter defeat lmao

What game do you run?

>p-please stop exposing me... ooh ooh... ah....

What game do you run?

0-14 - low
15-29 - mid
30-44 - mid
45-59 - high

midx52

the absolute delusion of the freak lmao

see

>playing sm64 for a few months then leaving it with a 52 to return to your main game is worthy of being obsessed over for years

The fact of the matter is that the freak was obsessing over Squid for about 2 - 3 years before he played SM64 by just posting petty shit (only in the thread, mind) because he beat Ion. Next year the topic will be something else.

3 years is a lot longer than a few months, neetxchav

What game do you run?

*bonobo howls*

Oh shit

So, nothing. You don’t speedrun at all.

lmao hes trying to hard to make it seem like it doesn't bother him but it very clearly eats him up inside, knowing that he's been revealed to be a total joke to the entire speedrunning community for mindlessly grinding 18 hours a day and peaking at a mid 52 despite all that big talk about knowing what it takes to be a speedrunner because he had a few unoptimized no-competition memegame wrs
LMFAO

Does anyone know where Slayer streams since he's banned on Twitch again?

literally none of this is a thought that ever passes through anyones head, freak. you have a serious problem

>he still thinks he created the idea of monkeys

when will the delusion end

BURNN

what should I speedrun?

If yous a REAL NIGGUHH i got a couple GAYmes 4 u dawg. A lil GAYme called Hotline Miami, nigga. A lil GAYme called XCOM, nigga.

Play and be slayedd, niggaaa

ok