/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1126 - Christmas Hogs Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

behance.net/ethno_heaven
youtube.com/watch?v=TvNEZ4WWQIk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shadow is literally Sonic but better. Shadow would fucking kick Sonic's ass.

Reminder to give the new build a try! Featuring a new playable Sally Acorn! Also, where's that 3D user from the previous thread? I wanted to take him up on his offer.

TO THE PRESSURE EVERYTHING'S JUST LIIIIIIKE AN ILLUSION I'LL BE LOSING YOOOOOU-TO THE PRESSURE EVERYTHING'S JUST LIIIIIIKE AN ILLUSION I'LL BE LOSING YOOOOOU... BEFORE LOOOOOOONG (LOOONG) (LOOONG) (LOOONG) (LOOONG) (LOOONG) (LOOONG) (LOOONG)

Got to play it a little bit earlier! I'll put some of my thoughts in the feedback sheet a little later, but Sally is a lot of fun to play as! Also,
I thought you had issues with Mighty's model?

Best ship is here. Inferior ships need not apply.

I decided to say "fuck it" and include him anyway.

Did you give him any of the ability ideas anons were giving in that thread? I gave a couple but didn't stick around the next few threads to see.

Does anybody even likes Scourge?

Just finished decorating my Christmas tree. Where the hell are the Sonic ornaments? I have like 5 Mario ones and a few Pokémon ones but no Sonic ones. I've never even seen any for sale. Come on Sega get it together

Do what I do: use an Amiibo.

He made him a Sonic recolor. GHPAnon probably didn't see those suggestions.

There's only about one or two and they're rare. Same with the stockings and hats.

No, he's a cheap ripoff of based Ashura.

Nah. He's literally just "Red Sonic" since that's all he ever was in the games he was featured in. Perhaps in a later build I'll give him some unique traits based on his Archie appearances, but I don't know what those would be.
It's true. I did not. What suggestions were there?

Gotcha. Shame, but nothing I mind too much.

He's legit the most popular comic book character.

Inferior version of best ship

Sorry, didn't notice the new thread.

>or are they really nice normal/bump maps?
Yep, just normal maps with albedo maps and some other stuff. Actually, here's my portfolio behance.net/ethno_heaven

>How's that sound, pal?
Sounds good. I can do this! Can I contact you somehow?

I have a set with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Metal, and Supersonic ornaments.

Sure! Just hit me up on the sthg Discord. We'll continue discussion there.

Mine were that his bounce has an AoE effect to emphasize his power > speed contrasting Sonic, or that his bounce or stomp makes him go "underground" (probably make him transparent and invincible for a second) to go with the whole armadillo thing. His jump could also be slightly worse than Sonic's, in height and/or air movement.

Those are made into ornaments, they're not actually ornaments, user.

I just put regular boring hedgehog and fox ornaments on mine. It's almost the same

I'm afraid giving Mighty traits such as these goes a bit beyond the scope of the project. If we can, I'd like to stick to altering his stats to make him unique rather than giving him entirely new abilities. Giving him a worse jump is possible, I suppose, so long as his bounce can still take him up to the normal height. Level design and all that.

Requesting simple ideas to draw, no lewd or romance.

Oh, I know. I was just spitballing back then. I don't even mind "red Sonic", just naming a few interesting things to me.

Far from first for Silver is a cute!
And learned how to abuse it, lil'shit...

Cream as a Magical Girl?

>no lewd or romance
Sparky, is that you?
If it is, where have you been man?

Also, Sage either way would be great.

Hope The Super Bunny

Sorry, guess I'm too new. I couldn't find the link in pastebin nor in google. Can you share it, please?

Sage, Bump and Sonic performing the Triple Boost.

Everyone wants Silver.
Great job, I love the smug!

I don't have a name, there are some things I'm just not interested in drawing.

Sketch on paper user isn’t sparky, they don’t deserve such an insult.

You did pretty amazing with my request for gameplay styles for Bernie the hedgehog, so how about the same for Tails' Archie mom Rosemary Prower? I'd like to see what she'd do, given that she's a regular one-tailed fox and can't fly.

Please?

Keep her barepawed btw.

Metal Cream disappointing Eggman immensely by being just as cute and naive as her organic version. Could use a little more robotic detaisl on her.

Blaze in Nicole outfit

Aw well how can I not for one of the boys from the Dwarf™? They were both good episodes for sure. It's so nice having the lads back. Does this mean so far I've drawn three ships carolling?

I am unabashedly a Scourge fan. I just love his design. Both him and Shard were great designs. It's a real shame we'll never see either of them again.

Post your Discord name and ID and I can PM a link.

Just get some red and blue spheres.

That's a good way to do it, yeah. See you there, 3DAnon!

>all that time fucking around with Heroes mods, mostly cosmetic
Good times.

>Both him and Shard were great designs. It's a real shame we'll never see either of them again.
You think they hang out awkwardly in the Pender void?

Nicole ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Fucking hell man, I love everyone here equally, but these are two of my favourite characters, I love ya.
Have a fucking excellent Christmas man.

>the bit in the last episode where they return to the old bunkroom with the series 1 style drums, the original decor, the fucking quilts were even the same ones, with the old uniforms and everything, I nearly cried.
Have a smegging good Christmas man,
and here's hoping for more.

Knight of Jaywalking#7233

It's my headcanon that Scourge rage ripped his way out of oblivion into the post reboot universe RIGHT as the book got cancelled. Just as a double slap in the face.

You too man!

Yeah, the crowd reaction was pretty much my reaction too. It was a hell of a trip seeing that whole setup again. There was such attention to detail it was hard not to fall for it. I wish we'd get some kind of movie/adaption of the novels because seeing that set again totally put me in the mood to see a real long in depth adaption of one of those books. It was a great bit of fanservice. Can't wait for XIII

Can anyone post the sthg discord invite link?

Do one of the previous requests but make the character in it wear oversized sunglasses

It's mod invite only

Those aren't mods, user

Draw a character based on a Solenodon. Essentially they're burrowing insectivores with a venomous bite which have been around since the age of dinosaurs.I'd prefer a female but a male would also work out fine.

Would be very poor timing for Scourge.

>that headcanon
I thought it sounded familiar.
Holy shit did I chicken scratch everything
Thank god for a stabiliser tool in Krita,
it helps fucking wonders.

Hug the Jackal.

Post Discord name & ID.

Hey uh, quick question y'all: you ever just sit in your truck

YES. Oh man I totally wanna draw up like a couple pages of this exact thing happening. I know it'll never happen, but I'll be scouring IDW for the vaguest reference to the King.

Shadow has a cute chao.

Will Shadow get over Muh ria?

He pretty much has, no?

The last time he talked about her was in Lego Dimensions Sonic, no fucking joke.

Lego Dimensions Sonic was too good for this world

>Scourge lives
>Fiona is dead

I w-won't cry

Reminder that Lego Dimensions is the only official 3D Sonic game to not have scripted loops.

I'm supposed to be studying for a History final, but out of nowhere, a theory just formulated in my head.

In ancient times, like roughly around the time of the Knuckles Clan maybe... or some other time, there was the Robotnik Clan, or something. The Robotnik Clan encountered some powerful entity, and acquired a great gift with a terrible price.

The Robotnik Lineage from then on would have supernatural intelligence and physiology, but with a terribly sinister madness and evil planted deep within their minds, it's trigger being any great traumatic or stressful experience. The Robotnik will lose control over their thoughts, and will be consumed by the dark intentions and mad desires that would be unleashed, directed towards whatever caused the traumatic experience in the first place, in a way.

This curse was linked to a key genetic component in the Robotnik bloodline. A genetic component that Maria Robotnik lacked from birth. As a result, Maria ended up developing Neuro-Immune Deficiency Syndrome, or NIDS. This allowed Maria to live free of the curse, the bright light within her heart shining with a brilliant radiance, pure and untainted. But, NIDS is incurable and inevitably fatal.

It is her untimely death that triggers the Robotnik Curse within Professor Gerald. How ironic fate can be...

But that's just a theory.

It's not really a Sonic game; it's more like a Lego game with a Sonic skin.

It really was, and it was clearly done by people who fucking love Sonic since it wasn't just a bunch of meme jokes about him. Well okay not ONLY meme jokes.

"Lego Dimensions & Knuckles" is the best stage name ever okay.

That just makes it even more sad.

That's not me, but I've been trying to study for a history final these last few days. I still am, but a theory just sprouted in my head out of nowhere just now.

>My face when Dimensions was legitimately the best 3d Sonic game ever made

He's moved on from his past since Shadow the Hedgehog.

You could count the Shadow twitter answers, I suppose.

Go study, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=TvNEZ4WWQIk
Hedgehogs chew up shit and then smear shit on themselves WTF

Stupid cute chao.

Cats rub their faces on things they want to take ownership of

>mfw Traveller's Tales has the best track record of 3D Sonic games now that Isometric Blast has been DX'ed and R was never that bad shut up
>they'll probably never get another go at it

ok but was Sonic R actually good

R would be legit good if it was just an open platformer and not just a racing game (with a multiplayer mode or something) and had more than 2 or so stages.

Sonic R only has 4 stages, Super Sonic is OP as shit, and the controls aren't very good. It's not BAD, it's just not good at all.

Stupid cute hedgehog.

>Red Dwarf Shenanigans
Also, I decided to redrew Nicole as a Hologram, and decided I'd compare it when I was done.
I'm still pretty bad, but hey, genuine improvement.
>two months difference
In a year, I'll be as good as ... an average Deviant Art user. Ah shit.
I wanted to play games today, and now it's 2am, fuck me.

SPARKY
Fucking hell, good luck man.
And it's good to see you're still with us, take care of yourself.

Howdy, /sthg/. Finals are finally over. How have you all been? Any plans this holiday?

Looks awesome! Nice work.

Hey GHP.
Classic Sonic, he hasn't a homing attack.
How you gonna plan level design around that?
Or is it a case of building a workable "engine" with characters and then letting other people try and design levels?
Hope I don't come across like the latter is a bad thing, hell, Stealth did the same with his thing, but was just wondering if it's become a hindrance to the overall design of your game so far.

They lost a good opportunity by not making Sonic throw Omochao

Indeed, he doesn't have a Homing Attack. Level designers are going to have to either nix Classic from the CSS for their game, or make it so homing attack chains are not necessary for traversal. For example, if you have a chain of enemies over a pit, perhaps a well timed Spindash Jump could get you over instead? Perhaps have an alternate path that utilizes the Light Dash, or a couple springs.

I'm gonna hope I qualify for this holiday bonus and that I get my tax return quickly so I can buy dumb shit since I'm basically alone.

There's some good stuff on dA,
you just have to sift through the everything else.

Been okay now that finals are done, no plans but I'm still deciding how to do my Secret Santa.

Sonic Forces/World mod when?

That's why I said Average DA User.
ABT's DA account for example is beautiful.

Oooh, nice.
I don't think the homing attack is bad, but I do think Lange copped out a bit by saying "You can make Classic Sonic work in 3D" and then give him a homing attack. I want to see if it could work without.

Can't be arsed with it, but I have close family so gonna go see em, mainly for my little bro and sister.
>upvoted
>blogged
etc.

gotta practice bca. It's the only way

Why the fuck do you encourage shitposters, nigger?