/twg/ - Total War General

Edition

>Warhammer
youtube.com/watch?v=qLSezK6_N5w
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
totalwar.com/blog/reprisal-update-final-patch-notes (NEW)
tl;dr: Laboratory and Reprisal updates now live, more balances & updates in January alongside campaign DLC and FLC

>History
store.steampowered.com/app/694880/Total_War_ROME_II__Empire_Divided/
store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/
totalwar.com/blog/thrones-campaign-map-reveal
tl;dr New Britain map is fuck huge so you can never escape the rain

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

Previous :

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/5rs1fpw7
youtube.com/watch?v=MC9AjN5l4Gs
youtube.com/watch?v=DqTeGt6ZHQs
youtube.com/watch?v=-ettjiCOgvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Vo2mbWnpn1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Lizardmen best men.
Warmbloods get lost.

2nd for brets best men

Dwarf units excel at holding a line and peppering from a distance. Any dwarf unit you can get behind the enemy (gyros, >miners , and rangers) can be very effective on these now blobbed up enemy units or for picking off any troublesome arty/mages.

4th for undead brets a best

Pick your Pontus:
strawpoll.com/5rs1fpw7
strawpoll.com/5rs1fpw7
strawpoll.com/5rs1fpw7

This general is now a bastion of History!

History is dead.

>Second year of the campaign
>This madman somehow sailed across Japan and took a settlement on Kyushu

9th for we literally have fucking nothing to play during the Christmas holidays.

Are the French even human?

Just play a different game, user.

I decided there doesn't need to be an Eastern Europe anymore. Western Europe is just fine.

Kill the rats race war now

History isn't real
Fight the power

>Pro-emperor clan declares war on me
>My pro-shogun allies side with him

youtube.com/watch?v=MC9AjN5l4Gs

fuck you I won't do what you tell me

The >White Dorf

Probably not.

Took me 5 hours to fuck with modding just to get this shot.

Wish Total War Arena would end up crossing over all the total wars together for maximum fun

21th post for da best boyz

For what purpose.

Everything other than Migration Memes are dead

>Not switching sides on turn one
>Not making Saigo Takamori, the fabled Last Samurai, your heir and sedokkuing your Daimyo

Because Total War is love, Total War is life.

Both fantasy and history.

And because I want to see FoTS vs. Attila vs. S2 vs. M2 vs. R2 vs. RoTS vs. Warhammer

26th post for fucking kill me already

I feel like playing the master race.
Which flavor of Elf is most fun?

Saigo Takamori served under the Shimazu

The knightly ones

>Playing anyone other than Satsuma and making Saigo Takamori your Daimyo

Well, brets do worship an elf, they know their place at least.

Couldn't you turn him with agents?

The bearded ones.

Now that I say that, I kinda want to start a clan agmund run and have my lands stretch the entirety of the the world's edge mountains.

High elves if you want to be all knightly and bright.
Or want to play Teclis and fucking wreck everyone with your magic.

Play Dark elfs if you want to be a rampant cunt. Literally if you play as Morathi.

>Humans worship an elf god better than actual elfs
really charges my cavalry

POST SONGS FOR CHAOS

youtube.com/watch?v=DqTeGt6ZHQs

VAE VICTIS

>Making some literal who my daimyo
I bet he's not even a TIGER TIGER TIGER
youtube.com/watch?v=-ettjiCOgvQ

Is malekith better as a sorcerer or melee lord?

Should I play DEI or ME

Both

Is there any reason not to just stack high elf armies full of sea guard? they do fucking everything

Hes OP as fuck.

You just have to worry about more elite melee armies, but if you have cav there is no reason to make sea guard your core.

Good for early game but you transition into much better units in tier 3+, and because 3 bolt throwers can decimate any enemy army in the field.

>The Actual Last Samurai
>Literally who
youtube.com/watch?v=Vo2mbWnpn1s

I have been playing New World Colonies with Cataph's Southern Realms and Crynsos Unlocker
It has been fun so far.

I just realized, if the Skaven AI was fixed to use their free clanrat stacks correctly, they would be a giant pain in the ass in campaign matches because they would snipe your artillery every time. Then jihad them.

I've fought Savage Orcs, Dirty Skaven, and Dark Elves

That doesn't look like a weeb to me

So are you guys excited for Total War: Alexander?

So please, give the "New World Colonies" a go!

M-muh t-tigers...

Only if all horses are invisible like that dude's.

>I've been cheating lately

Playing Fantasy is cheating on History
So what's wrong with cheating a bit more?
Besides, CA gave us inbuilt cheats with their many bugs anyway!

>I would say the same thing, just to be polite. Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in Japan. I was schooled in martial arts. I was given the title of master. They take a movie “The Last Samurai.” They have a 5-foot-2-inch little guy, whether he was straight or gay, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never been to Japan. He doesn’t speak Japanese. He has never held a sword. They make him the Last Samurai. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.

Which Clan do you think Steven plays?

>Remaining: 0

Ikko Ikki

Oi Saturnalius people!

What have you done to advance the glory of the Roman empire today?

This is why TW is dead to me. This and warscape.

Hate WarScape
Hate relational databases
>let's just break every single mod, from minor to major, with every release
Terrible

This is why I stick with Medieval 2

Any news on TWWH2 DLC? Tomb Kings date?

January

january , thats all we know right now , possible trailer soon

So by the end of it, it’ll be like 300 bucks just to play a campaign with all the factions? Glad I never bought into the fantasy meme

TW is shit desu

Shocking Truth!

omae wa mou, shindeiru

I'm going to take a guess at the price.

$19.99 + tax

I shit all over some brown people today, does that count?

you mean + tip right?

probably not. I'd say closer to 9.99 since it doesn't include a mini-campaign

It is the same price as the other campaign packs. They said they were dropping the mini campaign in favor of 4 LLs and a "more complete roster" but they are still called campaign packs and will be sold at that pricing.

>Never been really good at TW games but I enjoy playing
>Fire up a vanilla Shogun 2 campaign
>Based Chosokabe
>Ally myself with Miyoshi early on and they immediately try to imprison my ninja
>Sacrifice some honor and break the alliance so I can fuck them up

Later

>Otomo is fucking up Ito pretty bad
>Ito is one of the few clans that are still cool with me for some reason
>Ally myself with them via an arranged marriage and invade on of Otomo's cities
>Otomo sends a full stack after me, meanwhile Ito captures every other province and annihilates Otomo
>Ito crosses to the mainland and wages war on Kikkawa, who own most of the southern provinces
>Ito is absolutely destroying Kikkawa to the point where I can't even help wage war
>Ito has literally gone from 3 provinces on Kyushu to owning all of Kyushu minus the one province I control and most of the southern part of Honshu
>Meanwhile I own Shikoku and the one province in Kyushu as the Purple Tide sweeps across the mainland

On a scale of 1-10 how fucked am I late game? I'm at a point where most other clans are becoming superpowers and I've played probably too passive. Ito is literally taking 2-3 provinces every turn and it's only a matter of time before they clash with either Hatakeyama, Matsuda, or Uesugi (the other 3 superpowers at this point along side Ito). I may as well be a vassal now because, even though Ito doesn't need my help, they request my assistance with every war and end up winning mostly solo anyway. I only ever get to engage in 1-2 battles.

nande?

source? I don't recall them mentioning anything about TK pricing

>Hey SEGA, remember how our DLCs for Warhammer 1 did amazing sales? We're going to make them cheaper
>NANI
>Fair enough, we'll keep them at our standard price

Because they haven't given it specifically yet. But they listed out all the possible DLC packs in a blog post before WH1 came out.

Campaign Packs
Race Packs
Lord Packs

Each is the same price as other DLC in their tier. In every blog post/reddit post talking about the January DLC since they announced it they have referred to it as a campaign pack. Despite it not having a campaign, it will still be more than a regular race pack and CA will use that to justify the 18.99USD price tag.

I really like the settlements in FotS. They are on the larger side but still inconspicuous. The ones in Rome 2 and Attila just clog up like half the province in some cases.

>relational databases

what's that

I wish I still had the screenshot of me Making Akishaga my puppet while only holding Shikoku and the one province adjacent Kyoto

Tomb Kings still not officially announced

Wasn't there used to be a variable that controlled size of the settlement mesh?

>Wasn't there used to be

So what should I have in every town as lizardmen?

Some cute skinks

Tomb Kings won't ever be announced. They'll just show up on the store one day and go boo.

Perfectly acceptable grammar in my part of The Anglosphere.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?

My best general, on attacking Satsuma defected with a chunk of the army. Since when is that a thing. What the fuck.

Nope.

Tiger
Tiger
Tiger

I can't wait to see you post your Tomb Kings Announced gif for the second time

That fuck better start waifu posting nagash when TK gets released.

I recall playing a coop campaign with my friend and I was Satsuma. So I finish conquering Kyushu and as soon as I go to cross the straight and fight Mori 2/3rds of my army defects and I have to fight a fuckin ambush battle. Which I actually win cause fuck ya AI is dumb and great sacrifice of rearguard. If there was a way to capture and kill by shoving a log up his ass till he died I would had chosen it. I ended up sniping Kyoto from my friend and he got mad. Good times.

It's the same gif backwards

I'm posting until we get our promised regimental gangbang

I like playing Chosokabe because Shikoku is quick and easy to take but I've found that I get fucked regularly by navies. And now Ito is scaring the shit out of me; I just hope the arranged marriage keeps us on good terms