twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I give up

I will not give up!

anatomy is hard

camera follows, found neat bug with collision lol

>unity for 2d game
i am sorry

nice broken back

i really doubt ill make a full fleshed out game, gonna try to make at least one level, plus it's a learning experience

worked for Cup Head and Hollow Knight. I don't think he will have a problem

cgpersia is down when you need soeedtree for testing purposes

I'm doing pixel art in Unity yes, I know that's retarded, you don't have to tell me and I can't get the pixels to be the right color. I set filtering to point (nearest neighbor) so they are crisp, but their colors are all fucked up; it looks like they're still being interpolated. How do I fix this?

Also, how do I make my camera bigger in the editor view? It's so tiny relative to the pixels-per-unit (1) that the game preview window is useless.

wasn't interesting last thread either

who given up here? im retiring with cryptocurrencies

It's worth the trouble for a good waifu

goodbye, user. Don't knock on the door on your way out.

sigh
see you guys in a year
apparently I need about a years worth of learning before I can make games

cgpersia and cgpeers are down, what happened guys, where i'm gonna get my pirate software?

Patreon when?

GAME IDEA: 2D fighting game lolis fighting in a 3D space in a multiplayer fighting game with more than two players.

Blender, GIMP, mypaint, Krita, LMMS, Calf LV2, milkytracker, Open Office, Godot, libgdx, eclipse, Linux mint.

All free.

>but I need muh propietary software because I wont be a "professional" boy

Okay, never mind. I fixed the colors. You have to override the "format" to Truecolor, since it's Compressed by default.
Anybody got any answers for the camera size, though? It works fine when the game is running, but like I said, the preview window is useless like this.

>Mint

i want to use speed tree only because unity sucks.

How is it looking?

Like Silent Hill but upscaled.

is this Godot

like horror games made by ps1 fagdev

learn to model a tree or use blender tree generators.

I started working on the use of alchemy for my game, currently you can store stone blocks and spawn stone spikes if you have enough. Still need to work on the placement position so that the spikes doesn´t float.

looks like a point and click adventure game to me

too grainy
>captcha: for sale viola

I really have no idea if my level is functional. Gonna keep workin at it and I'll try to get it ready with win and lose states and stuff to do for demo day.

New genre of video games, Tree Hell.

When does the yeti come eat you?

Why the fuck is his hand on upside down

how did you do the leg animations for all of the strafing stuff?

When you make a game, even though it seems like you're having fun, you're actually learning the whole time. Don't learn to make games, make games to learn.

>try to make intense rpg with a plot to rival suda51's best works
>make a mr. rogers stalking simulator instead
is it time to just throw in the towel already?

I'm no cryptozoologist, but I think yetis only eat skiers.

I haven´t drawn another sprite for the hand. Will make it soon.

Just add some flashy action sequences and it will be indistinguishable form a suda51 game.

shut the fuck up already

workin on it, the battle system isn't ready for show just yet, but it'll involve high-res hand-animated sprites and lots of particle effects

making a game thing
kinda just making it up as i go along
thoughts?

How do I into music trackers?

new advent of code in 5 minutes

I like this. How does the grapple hook work?

At least cut out the white parts

Is that a proto hime cut?

nice red read redemption clone

a-alright until next time

Fair enough have a good day.

A sled is just a very wide ski. Basically the same thing.
The yeti is just dealing with a plate instead of skewers.

user suggested parenting the bat to the train so they can share movement but I am using game maker studio and I don't think it works like that
I want the trains to move across screen at a moderate speed so they wont always be there (i have to move the trains not the backgrounds). The bats on the trains are moving with their own AI but I want them to take the train's x movement into account to add or subtract from their own horizontal movement. I basically want them to 'stick' to their spot on the train while still having left and right movement. How do I add the trains horizontal movement to the bat's horizontal movement?

this is really good looking. Do you have a tumblr?

Have a reference to the train object within the bat, and apply both the bat's speed and the trains speed when it updates it's x position?

if parenting isn't a thing in Game Maker (which i'm pretty sure it would be) you can just
make the train move trainSpeed units right
expose the train's script to the bat and have the bat move trainSpeed units right and an additional batSpeed units right or left

the position of grapple doesn't line up with the target though. Maybe make it aim properly at the cursor

youtube.com/watch?v=HpSaxcFqDkU

you charge it then release it at 100% to launch it
it only pulls you to orange targets.

yeah it has some kinks still, im not a coder so my stuff is jank

Progress:
+ A lot of set up in the code behind for character stats and abilities
+ Implemented the turn based system
- It's spaghetti code galore back here

Do you mean the animations themselves or the animation blueprints?
The animations are just five animations for idle and running four ways. The blueprints I'm pretty sure I stole from something.
Thanks man. I do have a tumblr but I need to update it more. gearsting.tumblr.com

ohh

I need to insert a public domain C++
class into my UE4 blueprint project.

how much do I need to modify the code?
Do I have to do something with input and output variables while leaving the rest untouched or will I need to dig deep into it?

I myself know fucking nothing about C++ and know a guy who works with C++ but knows nothing on UE4 and is a lazy pothed so is very unlikely to actually be arsed to do anything.

if its truly public domain, then 0 modifications required friendo

Whatever happened to the user who wanted to make a harry potter game?

Is there anything like substance painter but FOSS??

I feel very comfortable with almost everything in blender but I would love to have some convelient way to paint material maps right onto the 3d model in viewport to male shit like worn edges, dents, scratched and bullet holes on pained metal surfaces.

is it this guy?
wabbaboy.tumblr.com/
I follow him on tumblr, seems like a harry potter thing

Well i mean a dude postef it on github and said "use it as you will, you can but dont have to give me a credit for it" but I'm not sure how to actually stick it into the project, do I just open it from UE4 and it just works?

oh, i guess i misunderstood your question. i thought it was a question of ethics.

I dont use UE4 anymore cant help u

he's discord fag. He's probably sucking everyone's dick right now.

why? he's a good 3d artist

>wabbaboy.tumblr.com/
I don't know.

Last thing i remember seeing him post was you holding a wand and riding on a broom and it looked not like that.

Haven't been in here for like a year or two so have no idea what happened with it

So, I'm with this 'team' of sorts. We've been talking about making a game for ages now. But they just keep playing ARK instead and it feels like I am the only one even working on this shit. Would I be better off just going out on my own, scrapping all the ideas we had together so no one can sue me?

>wwant to work in game
>my mind focuses on characters
>but not in the game

well fuggg.

here i have a fairy, or maybe not a fairy?, idk

>sued for ideas
that's not an actual thing if you didn't sign any contractual agreement.

They can still sue me and waste my time, doesn't matter if they would win or not it's still time and money.

>Haven't been in here for like a year or two
Bro do you see anything here that was around a year or two ago?

That's cute!

If there's an idea you really want to use, you could just directly ask them. I sure as hell wouldn't turn someone down if they said they were going to make something out of my ideas.

Yes. Working with other people is a massive challenge outside of a professional environment. If everyone involved isn't very disciplined and the team doesn't have well structured roles and leadership then it's never going to happen.

So you haven't actually done anything substantial yet? You could try talking to them, taking command and assigning workloads with reasonable time frames but you should probably immediately give up and do your own thing if that doesn't work. You can't make them do things that they don't want to do but maybe they just don't know where to start and need leadership.
Consider doing your own thing and inviting them to contribute but don't depend on them at all. Your own progress might motivate them to help.

if they dont have the energy to stop playing games and make one how will they have the energy to stop playing games and sue you with no legal basis for their suit?

oh that was not him then lmao, people who were here 2 years ago are dead or long gone

you're here forever

LOL
You should make a full game like this.
Call it 'Test Game'

>tfw still no video card to play your demo
It's looking slick. Are you going to add the little "you can lock on to this" indicators?

You could try actually studying anatomy.

Also don't give her skelly arms. Give her arms that could lift a spoon.

Got the spread enemy updated, so all the enemies are updated now.

holy shit gdscript is slow

Looks real nice and retro. Nostalgia/96

>early FF meets Wind Waker vibes
I dig it.

what would be the best way of assigning items to the d pad for a RE4 style inventory

Allow the player to set certain items to each button on the dpad? Maybe like select herb > Set item to instead of just examine/customize/discard.

enjoy the 52% tax when you cash out lol

why the fuck does twitter keep sending me notifications of people following and liking other people's tweets

i don't fucking care i only care about activity which relates to ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got dialog working!

Should 'Max' graphics run at a minimum of 144 fps these days? Or is it okay for max settings to be over the top, with lower settings for anyone looking to max FPS?