Dota 2 General - /d2g/

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Major Patch: dota2.com/duelingfates (7.07)
Minor Patch: dota2.com/news/updates/34739 (7.07c)
Most Recent Update: dota2.com/news/updates
New Players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide
New Players (League refugee edition): dotabuff.com/learn/lol
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com
Blog: blog.dota2.com
Lore: dota2.gamepedia.com/Lore
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic Simulator: dotaloadout.com
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page
Interactive Map: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/interactivemap

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 Analysis: datdota.com
Personal Statistics: dotabuff.com
Personal Statistics 2: opendota.com
Hero Stats: devilesk.com/dota2/heroes/herodata
Hero and DPS Calculator: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/hero-calculator

>NEWS & STREAMS
gosugamers.net
liquiddota.com
Streamlink: github.com/streamlink/streamlink
GUI: github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14617902
dotabuff.com/players/446895564
starladder.com/en/sl-i-league-invitational-s4/news/sl-i-league-invitational-team-liquid-and-newbee-invited
dotabuff.com/matches/3618932666
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>1 meme early

strawpoll.me/14617902 dotards don't forget to vote for best waifu before the end of the year

Best roamer

Rate my collection /d2g/

ded hours rate my dotabuff eu
dotabuff.com/players/446895564

i can't make the /aco/ thread for Dota 2 Lewds it gives an error about filling out a field or something, does anyone know why this happens?

>Most played hero isn't KotL
It's shit.

/aco/ mods went nuts. Now actual /aco/ threads are using /trash/ because it got so bad.

get out of gulag gh

no im not saying its getting deleted, im trying to make a new one and the old one has been archived for a week already. it simply gives an error about filling out the fields to post the thread to begin with. i dont think that has anything to do with mods?

Agreed

wheres the fucking calender for the majors lads

tfwno soy hero

No idea then

guys what happened? wasnt fnatic a tier 1 team deserving all the articles in the world?

ee is playing 4d chess

dotards!
singsing is streaming

fake adelaide

nvm i fixed it i guess enjoy Dota lewds on aco thx for trying to h elp anyways

Who needs minor honeypoint lans

>MFW support does a really good job and we end up winning the game

@199056487
Stop posting your shit items begging for (you)s

>Lose to a tier 1 team
>That somehow makes you not a tier 1 team
Count on d2g to be retarded

Who should I watch dotards?

/ourguy/ singsing

jesus fuck queueing at 7am monday morning US east is quite the meme

because they won against the best chinese team, right?

guess who passed their first final this semester, neetoids
id rather be 3k mmr and not kill myself by my 30th birthday, neetoids

Keep working hard buddy, someone needs to pay for my NEET bucks

t. soyboy who cries himself to sleep

Hero idea - Watcheye

Q - Tear Gas
Type - Magical / AOE point target

Watcheye hurls a tear gas grenade at a targeted area, causing continuous damage
while blinding and slowing enemies. After 4 seconds inside the smoke, there is a 33%
chance every second afterwards that enemies will be dazed for 0.5 second.

Damage: 20/40/60/80
Slow: 25/35/45/55
Blind: 30/40/50/60
Duration: 40
Range: 500
AOE: 700
Cooldown: 20
Manacost: 110

W - Flare
Type - AOE point target

Watcheye fires a flare in the air at a target area, revealing that area while blinding any enemy in it.

Duration: 30
Blind: 30/40/50/60
AOE: 1000
Range: 2000/2500/3000/3500
Manacost: 80
Cooldown: 40

E - Evade

Watcheye anticipates the enemy's attacks against him, granting him a chance to dodge.
For every attacks and targeted spells that hits him, his dodge chance further increases
until he finally dodge. Upon dodging, he drops
a tear gas at its current level.

Base dodge chance: 5% / 10% / 15% / 20%
Dodge stack chance: 2.5% / 5% / 7.5% / 10%

R - All-seeing eye
Watcheye enters a state of heightened sense and mobility, granting him various reconnaissance related abilities as
his ultimate skill is leveled up. Base effect is significantly increased movement speed. Using items won't break
the skill, but attacking and casting spells will.

Movement speed bonus: 10% / 20% / 30%
Duration: 30

Level 1 - Watcheye's night vision is as good as day, and his sight is now unobstructed
Level 2 - Watcheye is now invisible and can move through units
Level 3 - Watcheye is immune to true sight and can treat terrains indiscriminately

Talent tree

Lv 5: Tear gas stops healing or + 15 MS
Lv 10: + 3 Tear gas charges or controllable flare (400MS)
Lv 15: Evade dodges targeted spells & grants brief invisibility or Flare and Tear gas drop on death
Lv 20: All-seeing eye grants spell immunity or True sight

Stats:
Strength: 21
Agility: 24
Intelligence: 20
MS: 320
HP / Mana regen: 2 / 0.8
Damage: 50
Attack range: 128 (melee)

>starladder.com/en/sl-i-league-invitational-s4/news/sl-i-league-invitational-team-liquid-and-newbee-invited

>no OG or Secret in EU quals
lol

Based Secret gives no fuck about minors

is 150 ping bad>? I wanna play in NA because I'm fed up with all these gulags

>OG
lul

should be tolerable if you aren't playing heroes which require good reaction like puck or ember

is this a soyboy

no, guess again since the thread is dead like the game itself

had a dream about soe
we were hugging and i made her laugh
we were in some sort of a degenerate place, vomit, beer cans all over the floor, people under the influence

it was weird, like my brain was somehow throwing out the garbage last night

is singsing dare i say it... /ourguy/?

>failed at everything he puts his hand to
yes

>EG 5th on the tibucks board
uh, when did this happen?

The talent pool is so shallow that EG are tier 1 again.

Why do people like losing so much, can you please tell me?

because they'd rather you be wrong than they be right. it's easier and more satisfying, and they're natively lazy, afraid to challenge themselves or admit they aren't infallible. not prepared to make even the first step towards getting better.

>tfw you will never stick your penis into taylor swift's lanky giraffe body

>you dont deserve to win this game *feeds*

Every fucking ranked game is a hostage situation where i have to not piss off some retard so he doesn't destroy his items or feed. Wonderful behavior system valve, Perfect behavior and i still get this

>get FREE spot for every tournament since every other NA team is hopelessly bad
>get lucky and win a couple of games
>that enough to get to top-4 since most tournaments have only eight participants
>FREE memepoints
for da boysh xd

Kyle will save NA from the boysh, trust melonzz

they can't have gotten lucky enough times to get top four how ever many times they have. That's like suggesting a SA team could do the same but we dont see them on the leaderboard

If you're pissing people off, how can you say you've got perfect behavior?

Do you even play dota? Anything can trigger the average mentally unstable dotard, the simple act of marking a lane can make someone rage at you and decide to feed...

I mean in general. In the game i am currently in, my tide destroyed his items and afk jungled because he thought void should be rotating more. Void was 5/0 at that point with a 15 min tread/battlefury/mom

>tread/battlefury/mom
ah, you're a herald, I see.

Nothing wrong with that build Mr. Archon 4. Maybe MoM is not the best after you already went BF, but its not bad.

I'm ancient 3 but whatever works for you

fuck off you harold redditor shitter

>no more esports for the rest of the year
just kill me my famalams

want to get into dota2

best games/series
of the summit 8 to watch

Maybe the finals?
Summit was pretty shit for top tier dota but it'll give you a good idea of the skill discrepancy between t1 and t2 teams

You'll probably quit after a few games because it's too difficult. Don't give up because it's a really fun game once you get into it despite what some of these fags might tell you. Positioning is the most important skill to learn. You should be doing something at all times. It's important to stay back far enough to not die, but to stay forward enough to get gold and experience.

Fnatic OG

Watching Dota 2 is fun.
Playing isn't.

>friend is hooked on doto
>he's Guardian[0]
>tell him to make a new account
>''Why man isn't 1.2k MMR good?''

Holy shit.

>make a new account
the fuck is wrong with you

It's really easy to climb with the new system. I feel like my win/loss is around 50/50 and I've gone up 2 or 3 ranks. Honestly it might be a little too easy, MMR inflation might be a thing.

>climbing from guardian[0] to Rank X when you can literally calibrate at your desired rank in 40 normal mode games + 10 calibration games. WINS are not necessary.

It's easy if you're good. Bad people don't climb.

The system is the same, medals are just cosmetic

I'm not good though. I'm a 1.9k scrub because I calibrated at 100 games and then didn't start playing ranked again until this year. I'm better than the vast majority of people I play with, but I feel like my win loss is the same as it was before.

just make a new account, if you think you're decent give yourself a chance and dump your current account

Oh, I guess I am doing better than 50/50. Not by much though.
Nah, the climb gives me something to work for. I got to Archon the other day and I'm pretty happy with that.

Stop with this new account bullshit. You don't magically become a new rank because you re-calibrate. There is a reason most higher level players have spent years on the game.

guess my rank

Crusader 4

Legend 1

There weren't that many good games. Most games had medusa doing medusa things. It's a pretty shit patch anyway to watch dota.
Check Dreamleague for better matches.

1.6k mmr. can't seem to go up no matter how much i try

I want to be Razor's girlfriend!

Which heroes are the best for headpats?

feels like i could climb but i don't play enough.
i play maybe a few solo queue games a day. if i lose a game i don't re-queue. if i win i wait 15 minutes or so. part of it is that solo queue games are exhausting, but i'm also just always concerned about losing.
but then i play partied games for 9+ hours. idk man. solo is just waaay more frustrating. and i say that as a position 5, first pick spammer.

this sucks, the metric is inflated by playing party games.

I usually play 2 games a day (more on a weekend) and that's in party queue. I'm climbing just fine.

that would require you to be female

>SEA DPC Finalists: 4
>NA DPC Finalists: 0
NA Dotards?

Ded game ded thread

Same for me I play mostly party unranked but I kind of want to start playing more solo to see how far I can actually climb. My ranked winrate is high enough that if I can keep it up I think I'll climb no problem for a while. It's just hard to justify playing solo when my friends are online every night wanting to play.

is this the end

>pg 8

What's habbening

I know a lot of people who calibrated when they were new to the game, got 2-3k and then learned the game properly playing normals and watching esports/streams later on.
In that case you can get from 2k to 4k by playing 400 games at a 60% winrate or you can just make a new account and save yourself the headache.

4k-5k is objectively worse in game quality compared to 2.5k-3.5k

Hey Mentle. Are you sure phase boots are the best boots for drow ranger? I thought she wanted as much agility as possible from treads. Otherwise a good effort, although you might want to try getting more than 90 cs in a 30 minute game next time.

dotabuff.com/matches/3618932666

this one

ded gam

why is she so perfect?