/acg/ - Animal Crossing General

#1298 - Chief Edition.

Previous thread: Animal Cossing for Android and iOS: youtube.com/watch?v=Dr2wXiwgNd0

>How to play New Leaf/Pocket Camp online with /acg/
People need to add each other's Friend Codes in order to visit.
Put your name and FC in the name field to save time.

>The Basics
ACNL basics guide - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/
AC wiki - animalcrossing.wikia.com or nookipedia.com
The "pthhhpth" pastebin (FAQ) - pastebin.com/jU4CeWhu
Brand New Catch - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/today
Pocket Camp FAQ - pastebin.com/5WErjXrV

>Furniture & Collectibles
Item database - moridb.com/
Museum checklist - mediafire.com/file/0p18zy41jkxsy8a/

>Customization Guide
Image/Pattern Converter - thulinma.com/acnl
All furniture customizations - customnewleaf.tumblr.com imgur.com/a/mfGqi
Image2QR code - mediafire.com/download/d0g3vj88g0gk1pf/Version 0.4.zip
Pro Designs Android app - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nefastudio.android.dmoridesigner
QR paths - pathmagic.tumblr.com acnlpaths.tumblr.com

>Happy Home Designer
All villagers & items - happyhomedesigner.wikia.com
FAQ - pastebin.com/f8pnU0wr
Amiibo cards - nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/amiibocard/index.html

>Upcoming Birthdays
18th - Fang
19th - Chief
20th - Rudy, Digby and Isabelle
21st - Blanche
22nd - Quillson

>Upcoming Holidays & Events
21st - Winter Solstice
24th - Toy Day
31st - New Year's Eve

>Misc.
Neighbor move in/camper reset trick - i.imgur.com/meQutqI.png
What is the void? - pastebin.com/9KPbdnSY
Preventing moveouts - pastebin.com/avaKnPPc
Welcome Amiibo FAQ - pastebin.com/aAbMZwmM
ACNL OST - pastebin.com/bPyY03LK
Upload to Imgur via 3DS browser - webrender.net/imgur/
Dream codes - pastebin.com/PCmJZ5WA

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/ACPocketCamp/comments/7kh2wi/cross_pollination_combinations/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P14lypPdfxJPDuK2Ir7P9g_zCLyoDiNivBOufsieENU/edit#gid=1943640813
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Flower cross pollination is random. Gardening blows.

OP here, I meant to post a link but the previous thread got archived just as I made this one.

STOP GIVING ME KUDOS
STOP LOOKING AT MY CAMPSITE
IT'S HORRIBLE AND UGLY I KNOW

Did you guys buy KK Slider and Tom Nook in Pocket Camp? My time limit is slowly counting down and I have enough leaves to buy them, but I'm wary of spending leaves. So far I really haven't used any. Are those two the only leaf exclusives? And are they worth it?

IMO Nook just sits there and sleeps and isn't really worth it. KK is marginally better because he plays music, but it's the same tone every time. It's really only worth it if you like any of their characters. I bought KK because I figured some change of music would be nice.

>tfw great map layout but totally shit villagers and town fruit

The map is the only permanent thing so it's no so bad.

I remember how my first map and villagers were perfect (and I didn't mind pears so much). Imagine my horror when I had to start over and found out that it wasn't like that every time.

I am not helping you anymore Kyle.

Add me please! Daily player

He is just being honest. These animals are too innocent to be genuinely mean.

Source? I forgot to ask in the previous thread.

ACPC killed /acg/

whats the items people crafting to dump materials? so far im using worktable and amps got to be better/quicker way for them. also getting a bit high on paper so curious on other material profit dumps as well

ded garden

I was on the fence about it too, but I realized that I don't really use tickets that much, and I had already 800 stacked up so I went for it.

So the flowers are only used to get weird floral furniture, or is there something I'm not seeing ?

Also, could you sell ressources the whole time ? Because I just noticed it.

I'm glad I'll be able to sell my candy canes after Christmas tbqh, my autism would kill me otherwise.

#relatable

I'm using the candy canes to craft sofas so I can sell them for a profit. None of the Christmas furnitures really appeal to me, and I have them all already.

XP with black tulips in inventory and purple tulips on the ground can give you white tulips, not sure how often t will happen.

The profit from that must only be around 100 bells per sofa though. I mean it beats the exchange rate for selling the canes directly but it's still chump change.

Yeah, I realised that, though I don't know what else to do with 'em.

Because tickets are the driving force to making money, Nintendo will add more things to spend tickets on. Down the road this furniture will no doubt feel like a waste. Save tickets. Trust me, I’m good at foresight.

It's weird how truly f2p PC is when you compare it to Mario Run. It's like... I'm waiting for the gotcha. I guess releasing ticket-only furniture/clothes in the future makes sense.

>finally the specific essence I need at the quarry
>sapphire, ruby, ruby, silver nugget, sapphire
>get jackshit for rewards
Nice game Nintendo

*waters and pollinates your flowers

I like men now

I honestly just sell any surplus material.
There isn't enough I wanna build.

Uh hello, why did you not like men before? At least you have good taste now. Not furry men though. AC animals are for cute, not sexualizing.

Good thing the animals in the game don't look like that then

So if I got this right, you WILL lose flowers over time, right?
You only get one seed for one flower and because pollination fails sometimes you will have a loss sooner or later.

yes. you need to buy a lot of base flowers to get the special ones.

ive just been growing a lot of the base plants, getting the catalog stuff first before moving into polinating and wasting a bunch of flowers on that

what is you guys' strategy on this?

All amenities to max out friendship caps > furniture needed to invite all animals > special request items > complete furniture catalog. Since flowers only cost bells they can be done in parallel with whatever I'm working towards material-wise.

i just mean like for the plants themselves a lot of people just seem to be like using them up to polinate all the time for the rarer flowers but whats the point if you dont have enough to get the swag from trades?

idc much about the funitures you trade from flowers, hell im ok with just the potted red tulips well unless these would be future requirement for recruiting upcomming villagers. Also about the flowers themselves, ill just fodder tons just for the black, white and pink tulips and probably wont be gardening much after.

Being systematic would be the best way if you really have the stones to want to max out the flower trade catalog for the sake of it i.e focus on gathering enough red tulips for all the red tulip items, rinse and repeat for orange tulips, etc etc. It'll take an absolute shitton of bells, time and persistence though, I'd rather just pick and choose what to work towards whilst I still have the drive to pick up and play.

Have pocket campers left yet?

yes they made a discord

nice

link?

fuck, wish I read this before I bought nook. That raccoon is too good at jewing me out of my money

no we're here to stay
the future is now, gramps

What' the point of Reese being in the market place now? She just works as a craft menu basically.

I was hoping to talk to her so I can get the aurora sweater (anyone know how to get this btw?)

Same point as Isabelle being there despite being able to access goals and tutorials from the menu.

Isabelle seemed a little more acceptable since she was there from the beginning. Reese is an unnecessary and pointless new edition...

I have all of the flower variations up in my garden, if anyone's looking to cross pollinate. Didn't take as long as I thought but farming them for items will take a while.

9612 1531 003

*Tanuki.

Maybe new players get a briefing about the crafting system from Reese now, I dunno. In any case it was clearly a change made just for the aesthetic value of filling the empty market space a little.

Spend time planting flowers so you can get absurdly tacky shirts and shittier plant decor!

>yes they made a discord

I l-like the potted p-plants though...

The popular boys

Theys stealing your gurls

They gay. Everyone loses.

Wow that was awfully quick, what was your technique? And what did you cross to get blue and purple of each? I'll go and add you.

>when Leesi hasn't been on in 3 hours
wtf wtf wtf!

>tulips
I got blue from pink and white. Purple was from black and pink. Blue took many tries, but it's fairly easy to get more blue seeds now by just crossing blue and white.

>pansies
Blue was from crossing coral and red. Purple was from red and blue. Again, white makes it easy to get these seeds now.

Look at these dorks. Beau has such a shitty taste in music.

How did you do it so fast? Did you use a guide?

No guide, but I did use some tickets to grow a good amount of the base flowers. Once I got a rare seed, I would plant it and leave it there so I could continue crossing with the bases.

According to this guide, I think I created an optimized breeding order for pansies:
reddit.com/r/ACPocketCamp/comments/7kh2wi/cross_pollination_combinations/

WHI = Red + Red
ORA = Red + Yel
COR = Red + Cor
BLU = Red + Blu
PUR = Red + R-B
R-B = Red + Blu
R-B = Red + Blu
Y-B = Yel + Blu

I had a lot of colors, but I don't want to experiment with breeding anymore, I'm just use this guide.

The most optimized order to breed them is this:
Red, Yellow, White, Orange, Coral, Blue, Purple, Red-Blue, Yellow-Blue

1- I will use most of the spots of both garden to breed reds.
2- To do that with the tulips will be harder, because I'll have less space.
3- There's probability involved if you breed them with different colors, but since we don't know the numbers and reds are easy to grow... I'll just keep pushing my luck with the reds.

Also, this guys is creating a probability chart with the community, I didn't go through it yet:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P14lypPdfxJPDuK2Ir7P9g_zCLyoDiNivBOufsieENU/edit#gid=1943640813

>dropped botany and mendelian genetics in second year
>now it gets to me through my games

you're not Leesi!! Leave me alone!!!!

Is... is hopkins a blowup doll?

always wondered what the fuck that was

They all are. It’s just that Hopkins doesn’t hide his.

fucking furries

Blanka doesn't have a face.
The frog has a white thing on his face...

But I guess that's not it, it's just their colors.

It's just magic.

That's a face mask to protect from germs and shit.

maybe that's not a facemask, but his face!

Just like you need to draw Blanka's face.
Maybe you can erase their faces.

Nah, it's a mask

>nobody knows why

Who was your first love, /acg/?

If I took it off, would he die?

No. There is krangg there.

It would be extremely contagious.

Kyle. Best wolf.

Aaachoo.

>You've reached the highest level of friendship possible
>(It may be possible to go higher in the future)
>it may be possible to go higher than the highest possible level of friendship
Marriage confirmed?

He's an African spotted dog. One of the coolest canids. They have one of the highest hunting success rates for any predator. Now if only they had a maned wolf to satisfy my autism.

its a german shephard

I've had to delete like half my friends because so many quit playing. Add me please. :)

There's nothing behind the mask, because that's his face.

Me too, I've deleting a lot of people. I guess I'll delete at least 3 tomorrow.

Anyone that doesn't connect in 4 days get deleted.

>tfw you can't add Leesi multiple times
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR BROS

I hope they're going to change how they show visitors, the new way is an upgrade but showing a notice for every action a friend takes is a little much, one would be enough. As it is my visitor feed is filled with ducks.

Spoonfeed me, why is this user so popular?

Yah, because German shepherds have spots and white socks. You might just be a little bit retarded.

Though it's African painted dog, not spotted. Whoops.

It's a forced meme.

before Campsite he was a well know namefag in /inkg/.

That's not me. It's a forced meme for sure.

What does it mean when I can't visit someone? The "visit campsite" option isn't highlighted on the visitors list.

Aurora Sweater is from Stella's level 7 reward.

I'm trying to create a probability chart, here it goes my chart:

- Pansies

(5 tries) RED + RED = 4x Red, 1x White

(5 tries) YEL + ORA = 2x Red, 1x Yellow, 2x Orange

(3 tries) WHI + PUR = 1x White, 1x Purple, 1x Fail

(1 try) COR + BLU = 1x Blue
- Tulips

(1 tries) RED + PUR = 1x Red, 1x Yellow

(1 tries) YEL + BLU = 1x Yellow

(1 tries) PIN + BLA = 1x White

(1 tries) WHI + PUR = 1x White

(1 tries) ORA + PUR = 1x Purple

If you want to do that, please create notes about how much times you tried with a specific combination, thanks.

(You) are currently on that campsite

Also, don't forget to add (rare) if the seeds are rare out of that combination. In some combinations one kind of seed is considered rare, in others they're not.

how do yall already have maxed out villagers im like struggling to even get them to 15

luckily this new update is making it a lot easier

Dead friends, free space on my friends list, shit always at minimum price, putting one of each breed in my garden so people can cross-pollinate, etc. etc.

I kind of miss being able to do more at your campsite, but it's nice seeing those +5s.