/xgg/ - Xenogames General #41

Previous Thread: ========== Xenoblade 2 ==========

>Link to official JP twitter:
twitter.com/xenobladejp?lang=en

>XB2 Trailer
[YouTube] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Character Trailer - Nintendo Switch

>XB2 Direct with world & gameplay explanations
[YouTube] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct 11.7.2017

>XB2 Story trailer (medium spoilers, at your own risk)
[YouTube] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Story Trailer - Nintendo Switch

>XB2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XB game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/MRMxvWHH

>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW

>XB2 Blade combo elemental chart
imgur.com/a/OiBPb

>XB2 Info Doc. Please help contribute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EG0UpsgjhISr6_isiUpiWMU9qcXj6t8wWB0_LAiH1yE/edit#gid=0

>XB2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/GBbXCXf8

========== Xenoblade X ==========

>XBX Links pastebin (faq, docs etc)
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY

==============================

Please mark your spoilers properly, anons.
If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.orI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pyra >>>>>>>>>>> Mythra

>hey shellhead
>heyyyyy

Probably one of my favorite screenshot (spoil final boss)

Fuck i fucked up the trailer links

I didn't realise this was another language at first and was really confused by Zyk

Stop! I need my test subjects fully intact!

Does Zeke "talk like a commoner" compared to other Tantalese in the Jap dub too? I thought they were all just the same Kansai-ben dialect.

I don't know why but they only changed Zeke's name, maybe because of the pronunciation

Is there a guide or copypasta or something that lists the definitive way to play XC1 on Dolphin nowadays? I remember looking a few years ago and seeing quite a few HD packs so I'm wondering how far that stuff has come.

If I'm grateful to XC2 for nothing else it's showing me that the issues I've long had with replaying XC1 are minor.

French localizers tend to change names for prononciation sake or avoid weird looking stuff. That's why Malos in French lead to "Malhos", so it doesn't look like a pokemon name fusing Mal (evil) and Os (bone).

What the fuck was his problem?

dumb brogs

Rex's harem

I feel like Mythra ruins the game and is only there to fill in the tsundere trope and give Rex powerups. She doesn't have any real emotional bonding scenes with Rex.
I went into XB2 pitch black and thought Mythra was going to be a second Aegis sword just looking at the Blade menu. I think that would have been better desu.

Oh right, they changed Malos too.

I just beat chapter 5 and I have a Zeke on my team. And I am now just realizing you don’t have to play with Rex as the main character or even in your party at all.

I want to replace Zeke with Rex for a little bit of play through but I’m feeling guilty of not using the main character of the game, what do?

bad memes

just lug him in your party, it's not like you did the same thing with xenoblade 1

I'm using a party without Rex for the sidequests.

What Aux Cores are must haves, niche and sell asap? I'm in post game and I'm still not very sure which are good. They all sound very useless just by descriptions.

Reminder that a sidequest confirmed that a French space colony ship survived and that XCX2 could feature or even star Space Baguettes.

>XCX2
hahahahaha
Hahahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Only one of them actually made it in.

I wish you could toggle Morag's hat on and off.

Please delete this.

Is Zeke better attacker than Rex?

I ended up playing Morag with Nia for mid-to-end while rotating between Rex and Zeke. In end game, I've got back to playing Rex and have removed Nia for Zeke permanently.

I wholeheartedly thought Herald was a random core rare blade.

I want to BREED Nia. Is that weird?

Me too

I'm not sure, at some point in the game you can basically spam arts/critics with Mythra with the right build

Not at all user

It's not a harem if the dude's had his sights set on one girl, and one girl only right from the very start.

Who the fuck was healing?

I'm about to hit post game. What aux cores do most of you guys use? I mainly just base them around the blades I'm using. If I'm using Mythra I stack crit along with upped damage at max affinity. I'm fucking awful at min/maxing, any feedback is welcome.

I want to know her life story
I'm kinda curious about everything that's happened

I bet she's desperate for getting cock after the ending.

I don't get this. Does Nia not have a LV4 spesh?

Am I the only one who has to furiously masturbate whenever Brighid is on screen?

She does, but she and Pyra just have a special team-up one if you've engaged both at the same time.

yes, grow up

>try Blade Nia
>somehow obliterate the enemy without much problems
>try again
>get wrecked
what the duck?

My knowledge of Nipponese is surface level but it definitely sounds more like Kansai-ben than his father. Just the way he speaks is way more laidback. It could just be his inflection rather than his actual dialect.

He probably just heals with the potion spam.

Xenosaga HD remaster never

End game you just spam Arts non-stop with high crit using an accessory that heals 22% of their damage. Potions rain everywhere and add their fair share too.

i.4cdn.orI can't get it to run at a stable FPS no matter what I do on my computer. As soon as a soul voice or w/e they are called in 1 or smoke/particle effects show up it drops like 15 frames and the audio gets super choppy.

Very far into the game Rex gets some anime Goku bullshit that other characters don't get, in addition to the whole being able to use anyone's Blades thing. To be fair though, it is mostly a convenience thing and having a well balanced party accomplishes basically the same thing (which isn't that hard to do with Tora and Poppy).

Can you not have them both at the same time? Isn't Pyra locked to Rex?

Are you sure your PC is not a total potato

It is something you get like, literally at the end of the game.

Just beat Akhos for the first time, I was level 19 and he's 24. The crab monster before him was way harder, he was a joke.

am I underleveled?

Good point. But there's a brief period in Chapter 7 when you have Nia, but not Pyra. My memory might be foggy but I feel like I remember doing lvl 4 specials

>I just easily beat this boss that was a higher level than me, am I underleveled?

I mean yes, numerically speaking you're a lower level but it didn't matter much, did it? And also that boss is part of the tutorial on chain attacks so it's not meant to be overly difficult. It even gives you an orb for free.

NOTICE ME REX REEEEE

>bringing out Agate to fight a bug monster
By the way, are there any better chips than Pentagon for Morag? That 50 Agility is pretty sweet but her damage is kind of shit right now.

how they got this game to run on a tablet that's barely bigger than my phone is kinda crazy, and I feel loading is pretty much non-existant. AND the game is only 13GB with all that voice acting. am I fanboying or is this worthy of some praise? I feel the digital foundry video is not an accurate representation of the game itself. I'm 32 hours in and yet to have a crash, the slowdown if you run in and out of a big town is fixed with a fast travel that literally takes 1 second.

also I'm only in chapter 3 but goddamn do I love this game.

I feel like I've been overleveled since Mor Ardain, I just got to chapter 7 and Rex is level 56. I haven't really done any grinding though, just been keeping up with sidequests.

Yes, her agility is useless if she doesn't do enough damage to maintain aggro. It'll be high enough without the +50. Focus on damage.

>keeping up with sidequests
That IS the EXP grind in the game. That's why they give you the OPTION to consume EXP at inns (so you're free to be as over/underlevelled as you please)

its quite the feat.
the fast travel is handled in a smart but kinda ugly way. you load in before most of the textures load in.
the advantage of that is that you get to move around quickly, as opposed to the 40+ seconds of loading in BOTW. I prefer that.

The game obviously trades in a lot of performance for handheld mode, but the fact that they then completely ignore the greatly improved battery life is just criminal.

It's not that crazy. The Switch is basically a smaller Wii U, which itself is 5 years old as of now. That's just how tech advancements work. It is neat to think about though.

The real question is is Nia/Niyah even her real name? Blades usually have a direct japanese name and not something only slightly related to it, it could very well be her "sister's". Given the parallels you could make between the two about being chased by an angry mob and her final form, I wouldn't even be surprised if her original name is either Tamamo or the name of a nekomata.

>sidequests are grinding

Oh, that so? That's actually really nice, it makes it feel like it isn't even grinding at all.

What item is potion spam? What chapter is it? I’m in 6.

ALSO HOW CAN YOU FARM OVERDRIVE ANYONE FIGURE OUT YET

It's not, someone in Torigoth mentions it when you go hunting for information.

yeah I prefer the quick loading, I can run around and wait while it takes 5ish seconds to load in all assets like shadows and leaves on trees instead of waiting a full 30 seconds to a minute in a lot of other games.

He spams anchor spot and it spews out pots.

Rex's anchor shot you doofus.

Potion spam is just using the Arts that generate potions over and over. And you get an overdrive when you release a level 4 Blade will full affinity.

They did have to make sacrifices, i cannot shake off the feeling i'm playing a late ps2 game, especially in TV mode. Still switch works far better than expected, i never expected much but that modular shit is nice and hope they will expand on it more instead of ditching the concept like they often do.

Does anyone else feel that having multiple blades is kind of an afterthought in aspects other than gameplay?

>Merc Group
>you don't actually command the guys at Garfont, you send your own Blades to do jobs
>but in a sidequest, a Blade notes that they get weak if they're too far from their Driver
>somehow this isn't the case for Merc Group
>no one in the game has multiple Blades except Lora and Amalthus, and even then, the latter is kind of a nutjob
>Blade Nia kind of just became Rex's Blade except she can turn back into not being a Blade
>story emphasises on the relationship between Driver and Blade
>having multiple Blades cheapens that focus, they're essentially Pokémon
>not one of your many non-default Blades appear during the main story aside from one instance and he never shows up again

Depends on if Nia was seen by people as his daughter.
But most likely not her name

>Others that like the lightning fast loading
My brothers

I should never ever open cores on Rex right? I'm terrified of locking a rare onto him, knowing about his power later on.

all I have is pyra and the original blade they have you open at the start which was a wind knuckle for me

What is full affinity? I have Cores that say like 25% attack boost with full affinity.

Monolith can't be expected to deal with you having the memory of a goldfish.

Where the hell is monkey troubles tombstone?

The merc stuff makes sense when you realize they're basically just doing jobs that normal humans would be doing, so them being weakened is fine.

But yes, later story events are definitely weird, especially if you have a lot of rare Blades on Rex. He loses Pyra and considers himself unfit to be a Driver, but the game doesn't take even a moment to consider how his other Blades feel about this. Which is harsh considering he's basically abandoning them as well by not answering his calling.

>Vales boob physics
Anyone else notice how great this is

Gold Chips & Treasure Sensor - Do they have to be on the blade currently out in battle in order to take effect?

For example, lets say adenine is on rex with a gold chip. if he switches out to roc (no gold chip) for a smash attack, do the gold chip/adenine's treasure ability still take effect when items are dropped from the smash? or is it simply enough to have the blade equipped for the effects to work?

My first Rare on Nia is Agate. Gotta say having topple is pretty nice but fuck axes seem to attack so slow to build up the rest of her arts.

what do

The first Blade you get ALWAYS has a wind knuckle.

It's generally pointless to try and get rares on him but you should still use a few on him, it's never a bad idea to have options. I ended up getting Perun on him very early and I've gotten a lot of use out of her.

yeah I played the game without using any other Blades, didn't feel right

but holy shit the game is stupidly way more fun with them now that I'm in postgame

Gold beams

eat candy

In battle when the link between you and your Blade turns gold.

Lots of rare Blades have amazing jiggle physics. Perun in particular.

HOLY FUCK ARTS ARE DIFFERENT ON EACH CHARACTER EVEN IF THEY USE THE SAME WEAPON CLASS

Generally pretty useless on her, same thing happened to me. Use an Overdrive if you want her on someone else, otherwise just keep her there and wait until Rex can use whoever he wants.

I dunno about that. I haven't used the Inn level-up a single time, and I'm always overleveled. For me, it was also always like that since Mor Ardain. I think there's something about that chapter that overscales EXP. I think I gained close to 20 levels in Chapter 4, just rushing through it trying to get Morag to join.

Although, I do consider the possibility that one of those level 80 mobs ran off a cliff and gave a shit-ton of EXP to me, I just can't seem to keep my levels low since then. Even when ignoring 90% of the enemies I run into, I just get levels out the ass.

Has someone actually finished the Foorara subquest?
I found him in Alba Cavenich, but apparently after that he moves to Indol, which I can't go to for obvious reasons. After that he supposedly moves to Fonsett, but he's not there.
Anyone know what to do?

Yeah it's pretty great

Geez, Theory's VA is pretty bad. I don't have an issue with most of the dub but she's the one who's just plain terrible.

someone pls help me i dont know how treasure sensor works. i already have gold chips on all my blades

so the ophion chip is good on kagutsuchi or should I give her an agility meme chip^?