/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Waste oil edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers
>TerraTech

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/LkEx7Ybe
Veeky
boards.Veeky
boards.Veeky
sys.Veeky
sys.Veeky
Veeky
Veeky
i.4cdn.org/*
i.4cdn.org/*
is.Veeky
is.Veeky
is2.Veeky
is2.Veeky
youtube.com/watch?v=fupYIggOq38
pastebin.com/AzM90Tiy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for psa about hiro doing something shady
be adviced

Steam VTOL get

do not be of bulling the wankel

Whatever, one day or the other the site will be unusable enough that we'll be free from it

>lookHowHardICanWasteOil.png

Far from perfect but it works not sure about vertical landings tho

You mean to tel me the government hasn't found out my love for middle school age girls?
We'll all move on to some new site. Someone is bound to make a new Chan that's not ran by a steampunk dwarf.

It's not the government; it's worse, advertisers.
With the government, you know where you stand and how they're going to fuck you, not so much with advertisers.

good to know, luckily I haven't encountered it yet

>Someone is bound to make a new Chan that's not ran by a steampunk dwarf.
But dwarves stand for industry and hate elves.

>We'll all move on to some new site. Someone is bound to make a new Chan that's not ran by a steampunk dwarf.
you know perfectly well that no matter what, when Veeky Forums dies, replacements won't feel quite the same
the userbase will get divided in yet another exodus, or some of the things that made the site what it was will no longer be there, either lost or replaced by somethin new(c) by the autist with a vision(tm) hosting the replacement
the exodus and divide would add to the streissand effect of Veeky Forums's death, and the replacement woiuld be filled by some alien userbase hailing from pretty much everywhere, and not even the anons you talk to would be the same, just like whenever we've had surges of popularity, but way worse

death is death. if the replacement were somehow perfect, could you truly say that Veeky Forums is dead?

But that implies that only things that never change are not dead, even if you stretch "unchanging" to define people living their whole life as such you'd still end up including every corpse and rock, stretch it the other way and the only unchanging (and thus alive) things are the laws of physics and mathematics.

So there's a chance they'll try to sell me a 13 yo wife?

>stationeers
How do data networks works?
Seems like batteries are the only things that seperate them but they also blow wires.
Pickin the right thing on a computer when you have 20 solar panels is hell and i suspect there is a device limit too.

I want to put a small floatplane on my boat in FtD. Any tips on building them? Both the building a functional floatplane part and the launch/recovery parts.

dwarves are merchants

That airframe wasn't the only thing to slowly rise after that thruster pointed downward.

you say that as if "old Veeky Forums is dead" wasn't a common thing to say

It does look cooler than my previous VTOL planes which had separate static thrusters for takeoff and flight

I an see the end of Veeky Forums, and it's it good.

What crossout purples should I be going for after gas gen?

>Add suggested filter in thread
>Seems to not interfere with anything useful
>Suddenly thread loses all cosmetics
>Delet filter, try again
>Cosmetics still gone
Joy

I can't into planes but use a docking port and make the plen a sub-vehicle

pic

Oh neat, it certainly fixed

there is a tool to rename stuff. If wires are melting, use heavy wire and transformers.

>browsing thread
>page does white screen like in
Well, fuck.

Okay so it seems that the thing happens when I mouse over SOME (but not all) post links - most of the ones in the lower half of the page are broken but most in the top half are fine. Great.

Just found this in the /g/ thread
pastebin.com/raw/LkEx7Ybe

Chrome without 4chanx, can confirm it works

4chanx and firefox, putting the uBlock stuff breaks shit

The catalog specifically

So I've been playing Memeout, and building my vehicle's defenses up by covering the cabin in armour and so on.
What I didn't realize was that for every armour piece you lose, you lose a % of your total structure, way worse damage than if you just copped it all on your cabin

It kinda defies realistic logic where armour over your cabin protects it, but it's game logic so whatever. Anyways, just figured I'd see what sorta builds you guys have got going and compare.

you only need to add
*$inline-script,domain=Veeky Forums.org
to your ublock origin filters and add the tampermonkey scripts from the pepe poster in the /g/ thread

>*$inline-script,domain=Veeky Forums.org
Nope, still breaks the catalog, 4chanx one.
The tampermonkey one isn't doing anything bad at least as of now

>do what the post with most (You)s says to do
>everyone replies that shit works and is fine
>do that
>everything breaks now
oh well guess I'll just let gookmoot sell my data

the fuck???

Welcome to the 2ch experience.

install tampermonkey, put this in:

// ==UserScript==
// @name Veeky Forums Anti-cancer
// @namespace Veeky Forums.org/
// @version 0.1
// @description Fixes the shady cancer Hiroshimoot added to Veeky Forums on 18/12/2017.
// @include boards.Veeky Forums.org/*
// @include boards.Veeky Forums.org/*
// @include sys.Veeky Forums.org/*
// @include sys.Veeky Forums.org/*
// @include Veeky Forums.org/*
// @include Veeky Forums.org/*
// @include i.4cdn.org/*
// @include i.4cdn.org/*
// @include is.Veeky Forums.org/*
// @include is.Veeky Forums.org/*
// @include is2.Veeky Forums.org/*
// @include is2.Veeky Forums.org/*
// @run-at document-start
// ==/UserScript==
var match = '(function(){var f="to",n="U",u="pper",r="C",t="ase",o="substr"';
window.addEventListener('beforescriptexecute', function(e) {
if(e.target.textContent.startsWith(match)){
e.stopPropagation();
e.preventDefault();
console.log("Cancer averted.");
}
}, true);

>blocked by default due to umatrix settings
>nothing's broken
I guess it got sorted out.

yeah it breaks the catalog but catalog is optional
just turn on infinite scroll and ctrl+f what you want

thx user, the /g/ thread already exploded to ~800 posts

It werks on firefox, thanks for crossposting this here.

nevar 5get

well, nothing changed after doing that, but then again I have no idea what's going on either way, so please spoonfeed a smoothbrain man like me what's going on and why is this script important?

>screencaps of obfuscated JS injections
>oy vey!!!
>mods out deleting it
>for free
>in b4 deleted

So it happening to you too.
Only does since a few hours ago, in this and another general that i have constantly opened isnt, but in the new ones i do, it crash like that when reach the bottom of the page.
I have IP from ukranie and from "MERIT computer network"

personally I see it as my AV isn't pinging anything, and I'm using the site for free anyway, so who gives a fuck if it's being data mined. You don't stop using google search just because you know they're profiting off the huge amount of data we give to them.

although I do occasionally use duckduckgo when what I want won't show up on google

Bend over a little further user, I can't quite fit both of my balls in your ass alongside this ukrainian mystery dick.

Ads are being injected with an obfuscated code which could contain more than just ads. Blocking the sites serving the ads breaks Veeky Forums, or used to. Not really sure since I'm not affected.

strange, never had the adds appear in the first place, but that's maybe because I blocked the frame they appeared in manually in Ublock
oh well, gookmoot can suck on this D(ata)

It's kinda comfy actually if only image previews worked

>greedy nip man is being greedy and stupid
>/g/ goes full /pol/ and declares ITS HAPPENING the botnet install gentoo stallman was right
Just another day on Veeky Forums, enjoy the ride

>not setting your google location to Israel and spoofing your agent to get the holy truth

>Just another day on Veeky Forums, enjoy the ride
yeah I probably should be used to this shit by now, it's been what, 7 years now?
jesus fucking christ what am I doing with my life

>If you use Veeky Forums X, go settings->advanced->javascript whitelist and put a # in front of 'unsafe-eval'. It seems like that fixes it for now.

>joining the botnet fixes it
oh for fuck's sake
go to /g/ and get the real fix

>7 years
Fuck off newfag.

make me faggot

I'm not sure how removing the dodgy source from the whitelist is 'joining the botnet'.

Just found out about this game, anyone here played it before?
Does it fit?

/r/ing dean hall scam supply drop

user trying to synthesize plasma convinced me to stick with this horrible mess

Clearly you've never been to /g/

> anyone here played it before?
Almost everyone played it
>Does it fit?
It's an idle game. But then again, some people play factorio like an idle game, so we won't complain too much.

It pops up about twice a year, we all play it for a bit and then remember why we stopped.

It's fun but it needs to be less jewish

see

what does unsafe-eval do

I'm still playing fucking Cookie Clicker and probably will be for a while since I didn't bother backing up my save before my build died, so I'm already finding having to actually think about my actions before doing them refreshing.
Plus improving logistical solutions gets me hard so I like it.

How's Empyrion doing these days? Played it a bit with a friend more than a year ago. It wasn't great, but had potential. Did they fuck it up?

gonna upload the latest beta in a few minutes

DUUUUUDE
youtube.com/watch?v=fupYIggOq38

Is that a focus test?

FUCKING WHAT

>Mad Max's Moving Castle
I don't even know what to say but I have h*pe

woah where the fuck did that come from?

>an entire city on a vehicle
that was in macross

pastebin.com/AzM90Tiy

N-NANI?!
They better not fuck it up

Im fully expecting a shitty movie/series.

After the death of Star Wars my heart is completely impervious to disappointment.

So the only way for to work is to have it outside on the front of the ship? Is there not a better way?

oh fuck my dick

it's based on a series of books by the same name

my dick hasn't reacted to a trailer for years, until now

>imagine /egg/ on wheels

Bob's finally updated to 0.16. Still waiting on Angel's.

>/egg/ tries to remake this in /egg/ games
>town runs into the tree which flies off into the distance
>town keeps almost rolling over at every opportunity
>several wheels fall off on the jump
>someone near a doorway on the jump just got thrown through the door frame and is in a wall now
>London's wheels keep falling through the terrain as it's just too big and heavy for the engine to handle, keeps making craters in the ground
>London catches up with the town and proceeds to attempt to swallow it
>All the arms and doors break apart on trying to move, fly out through the back of London
>London bumps into the town, clangs backward, leaves a huge crater into the ground and rebounds into space, the crew still standing exactly where they were on impact, falling to their deaths
>Town limps on with what is left of the wheels that broke earlier, proceeds to tip over almost imediately
>KEEEEN

Is Astroneer /egg/ related? Has anyone played it and does it have enough content to keep some entertained if they only play it about 1-3 hours a day?
It's currently on sale, but I'm sure if I should buy it.

Astroneer and many similar survival building games were deemed not /egg/ because you're just slapping some pre-baked components together. You're not really using subcomponents to design a unique product like most /egg/ games, instead you've got a water block that makes water, cooking block that cooks food, etc.

/egg/ fan fiction when

zero engineering but I enjoyed it for 10 hours or so. There is nothing to do but explore the terrain and finding a few random objects, but the game is quite immersive sometimes. The research mechanic is completely trash.

no god no it's zero content the game; it's also a rustlike; a bad one at that too

That got me pretty hard. looking forward to /10

"It was a dark, blustery afternoon in spring, and the city of London was chasing a small mining town across the dried-out bed of the old North Sea."

It's Mortal Engines, a book series. I must unfortunately add a young adult book series. I am not proud to admit it, but I read all the books in one sitting.
Terratech is almost mortal engines. You go around harvesting other vehicles for their parts which you then add to your enormous land hulk to more efficiently kill other vehicles. I mean it's not really mortal engines because their are some non-mobile components. Which means you have to be a fucking mossie to do certain things, like refine resources or make new components from captured components.

>It's Mortal Engines, a book series
We all fucking know dude.

it's also a young adult book series.

>mfw

>that massive moving city
>guy driving does a brake check

You still the best.

>play factorio
>advance as far as establishing a main bus, reach green science
>become overwhelmed at the though of building crafting outposts, expanding my bus to include all these new products, optimizing branch layouts, and building whole new oil infrastructure
>start new map
>rinse and repeat

How do I be less of a Factorio brainlet?

build a new factory for blue science
the main bus was going to get overwhelmed anyway
build wide, not long