/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous Thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F (embed)
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L (embed)
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>Switch
[Nov 10] Userland code execution is now possible, no releases yet. wololo.net/2017/11/15/can-now-run-homebrews-nintendo-switch-3-0-0/
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released (now 4.1.0), you may want to stay on 3.0.0 until new vulnerabilities are found. wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
>Vita
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download & unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: nopaystation.com/pkgi
>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit. wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/
>PS3
[Nov 24] PS3Xploit NOR/NAND flash writer & NOR dumper for 4.82 OFW released. psxhax.com/threads/ps3xploit-4-82-cfw-on-ofw-nor-nand-flash-writer-nor-dumper.3112/
-Works on all fat models and early slims (any PS3 made before 2011), super slims aren't supported yet (expect a HENkaku-like exploit in 2018). Compatibility chart: i.imgur.com/7G3tM5D.png

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation/wiki/Enabling-DLC
ebay.com/itm/4X-Replacement-Analog-Thumbstick-Thumb-Stick-Thumbsticks-for-PS4-Dualshock-Black/291731867484
youtube.com/watch?v=dprsFhqKa_o
google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/6709sa/tutorial_make_pro_online_client_work_on_adrenaline/
pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E)
mediafire.com/file/yt5ph1ujrhkp3ct/Rebug 4.81.2 REX 4.82Syscon Thibobo.PUP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for

What's the best homebrew console?

PSP.

>"News" from October

When playing PSP games on the PS3, is it possible to load DLCs?
If so, where do I put them?

I imagine you misquoted and meant to quote me, and I don't know man, following the guide I installed a 4.81.2 CFW and that can't access PSN without upgrading, and I am scared of being banned.

Last time I tried installing that PSNPatch thing or whatever, it softbricked my console so I haven't tried again.

Is the New 2DS XL cheaply made? Or does it feel sturdy like it will last a while? I feel like the hinge is cheap

The small n3ds is the only one with a good hinge.

You're arround?

The Fire Emblem Fates guy that uploaded it to mega for me yesterday?
Two things I would like to add.

First; apparently there is a complete skip in one of the opening scenes, where you return to Hoshido and get introduced to yer Mum. It skips from the end of the battle directly to your previous childroom scene. There is something missing inbetween.

Second, installing the DLC is more than just running the .cia, right?
I only can the .cia under FBI and the game only tell me that it can't detect an SD card. I guess I did something wrong.

Not even the N3DSXL? That's a shame, I've got an Old XL and the battery is trash

So if I got this right, I need to use Wii Backup Manager to put ISOs on a drive to play wii games on a softmodded wii?

How do games that are split up into multiple .pkg files behave during installation? What do you have to do there? Do they refer to each other automatically are do you have to install them one by one?

Yeh.

Copy them over to the internal HDD with multiMAN. In the process, they merge into a single PKG and you can install it without problems.

A week ago I hacked a 2DSXL. It was just taken out of the box. Buttons felt nice, screen is good. But it's all plastic.
The hinges are always delicated. I'd suggest not to use a case so you wont add extra weight on the top.

>Copy them over to the internal HDD with multiMAN. In the process, they merge into a single PKG and you can install it without problems.
Thanks.

I finished installing a custom CFW on my N3DS for the first time. I want to play some SNES romhacks, what is the best way?

What app do I need to stream 3ds games from my new 3ds

>I'd suggest not to use a case so you wont add extra weight on the top.

I wish I could find the same sleeve/pouch thing I have for my DS and PSP for my 3DS, they have always been enough protection and the 3 of them would look nice in the same style of pouch when I keep them in the shelf, which is most of the time because lmao who the fuck plays games.

For the DLC you may need to enable locale patching thing on luma, guide here github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation/wiki/Enabling-DLC explains though some of the option names and stuff have changed a bit I think.

You talking about the cutscene after the battle in chapter 4 where you introduce to Sakura/Hinoka? I thought I saw that when I was playing but might be remembering wrong...

I will never understand why the animators didn't put something into the room.
A few shots of an empty room where nothing's going on is just weird to look at.

>LUMA
>NTR CFW

Phew ... what a throwback. I really haven't bothered with keeping this thing up to date since I hacked it last year with the instructions of a friend on VOIP. But I'll find that stuff. No worries.

Maybe it was only for me, mmaybe because of the character I made. I remember I had a bad rom dump on TWEWY for NDS that crashed the entire DS when you equipped a certain piece of clothing. Weird shit happens.

Put Snes9x on it, run patched rom.

That's how anime works. The style is from WAY back in the day when Japanese animation companies had to operate on ridiculously small budgets, which is why everything is traditionally so under-animated. Now that they have such large budgets to work with, they continue to use that borderline flipbook tier animation because it's cheap to produce and faggot weebs eat it up.

dlc belongs in wherever the ps3 saves psp save data

I'm about to update from a9lh to b9s, it shouldn't take me longer than 30 minutes, right?

uh oh

40 minutes?

>tfw 3DS was stolen a week before christmas
Luckily I have my OG 3DS with a9lh and save backups, but it still hurts.

At least it's something. Remember how much of a pain in the ass it was to jailbreak a PSP? Now you dump some files on it and run it.

Where was it stolen?

>got Bootmii working
>got cios installed
>got USBLoaderGX working
>got Nintendont working
>got YAWMM working and made a launcher channel for USBLoaderGX
feelsgoodman. What else should I do with my wii before I finally start playin some gaems?

I've been lout of the loop on the 3DS scene for a long while, about several months. I just want to know if updating from A9LH to B9S as per the guide deletes all my stuff.

it doesn't

don't do it, you'll get tranny'd

what do you mean?

>Not making launcher channels for each individual game

sex change is mandatory for b9s

install gentoo

Is this possible? I might do so then

I also just set up GCMM for Gamecube save backups, now I just need something for Wii save backups

I asked this in another general before. Does someone know of good replacements for the Dualshock 3 analogue sticks? Not toppers but full on switch 'em out replacements.

Can I pretty safely convert my old loadiine games into channels or should I not?

It is possible, I have all my most played games as channels, but I don't know if everyone does this, probably not, I only used to because it looks good, I liked the "splash" screen with the game art and music and it would also track playtime properly.
That said it was a bit of a bother to create the channels, I don't even remember how I used to do them anymore, but I had to do it in a specific way or else it wouldn't work.

I just took apart the joycons from an old Switch and used the analogs from those

I am looking for something that I can just buy and put in.

Have you tried these?
ebay.com/itm/4X-Replacement-Analog-Thumbstick-Thumb-Stick-Thumbsticks-for-PS4-Dualshock-Black/291731867484

>took apart the joycons from an old Switch
>old Switch

what the flying fuck

Ops, those are for the dualshock 4, but maybe they could work as well, I dunno, doesn't seem to have changed a whole lot.
I like that style a bit better to.

Nevermind, they don't work on the dualshock 3, doesn't fit properly.

>Want to hack the vWii part of my Wii U for some games
>Brawl died horribly years ago
>ToS 2 goes for a fuckton for some odd reason
>those Lego games nowhere to be seen
Is this real life?

I haven't tried any solution just yet. That's why I asked if someone knew of any GOOD products. I don't want to have to reopen the thing every two months or so because the replacements have their rubber tops disintegrating or something similar.

Whatever I'll just buy a set from Amazon, see what's up.

How the fork are these threads even allowed? Hope you guys enjoy your ban. *walks away*

*bashes you in the head*

google wiiu guide and follow the vwii section
don't need any games to do it

Wii U

Are there any Mahjong games on the freeshop? As in actual Mahjong, any ruleset is fine. I searched a few names that had at least a few English letters but came up empty-handed. It's like there's a conspiracy to keep the white man's hands off the tiles.

probably by some fucking disgusting nigger scum

Yea pirating digital is cool I guess but having a hard copy feels superior not only because you (quite literally) have the game at your disposal, but also you get something like a souvenir that shows that you put some love and care about the things you like

youtube.com/watch?v=dprsFhqKa_o

>Death of box art
>Only shows MUH TWIBBLE AYYYYYYYYYY ;.; ;.; ;.; games on his thumbnail
Fucking hack.

Has anyone had any luck getting Pro Online Client to work on Adrenaline?
Basically playing psp games online on the vita.
This is the guide I followed but idk if it worked

google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/6709sa/tutorial_make_pro_online_client_work_on_adrenaline/

Just trying to play some monster hunter with my bros

I think the banner bomb still works doesn't it? I didn't use a game for my vwii

it says it doesn't on the guides

PS4 jailbreak wehn?

I'm planning on getting a old 2ds. Can I emulate GBA/DS games on it with savestates? Can I use savestates with 3ds games? And what is the easiest, most foolproof method to hack a 2ds currently.

Is the ninty general dead or am I just blind?
Regardless, what are some good puzzle games on the 3ds? Preferably slightly less well known games. Ive already played most of the more popular series like box boy, pushmo, and professor layton.

Zero Escape is worth checking out if you like escape the room puzzles

I sell hacking services for 20 bucks the console and you nerds can't do ANYTHING to stop me.

Maybe I did use smash hacks but idk. You can do it if your Wii u is hacked already though

You can install gba games but no save states since it's not emulation. You can run ds games from an SD card but it's shit you're better off investing in a flash card. The 3ds guide will walk you through literally every possibly combination of hardware and software to hack your system

help I get a Triggering exploit failed message when following the ps3 guide

what do?

ofw 4.82. Bought with 2.7 already checked.

Does anyone know if hacking your console increases your electric bill? My bill went up 350 dollars and I hacked my Wii u last month

most retarded question in a while. thanks for the laff

How do i access dlc for games i already own on disc on wiiu? Trying to open the game in haxchi just makes the console hang on the splash screen, and opening it normally just gives me nothing

don't use wifi and self host the website instead

is it normal for switch cartridges to rattle a bit when you shake them?

Nevermind, fixed it. I think the problem was the game's update data somehow being on the console memory and usb memory at the same time, deleting the one on console seemed to fix it.

Apologies if it's a dumb question, but is it normal that the 3ds homebrew launcher won't launch if I didn't update the system yet?
There's just an infinite nintendo 3ds splashscreen when I try to do it.

thx it seemed to have worked. now do I choose the cfw recommended in the ps3 guide (pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E) or something else?

Everything else seems to work, apart from getting 3 black icons in the main menu (one of them is system update, other system transfer, third is infinite splash screen, so probably homebrew).
Even got into godmode, and rosalina menu works, but homebrew just keeps looping the splash screen.

>Rebug 4.81.2 CFW (patched to work on 4.82) mediafire.com/file/yt5ph1ujrhkp3ct/Rebug 4.81.2 REX 4.82Syscon Thibobo.PUP
that one. after you're done browse around xmb and install the toolbox.pkg that comes with cfw. you'll need reactpsn or psnpatch too.

everything should have worked accordingly I think.
I just started it and now instead of the epilepsy warning I get a nice Rebug logo shown.

So I guess backup loader and ebin homebrew is next?
Do I need to hide my cfw when I dont intend to use psn? I would only use the netflix and youtube app that would require internet and there are psn-less apps for it, arent there?

How do I apply for this GazelleGames site? All of my private game trackers died :(

>Do I need to hide my cfw when I dont intend to use psn?
Oh yeah. They'll ban your ass on all machines you own too but you expected as much.

*unzips*

Is this any good? Just looking for something interesting on 3DS

you don't need the holy 5 wii games anymore, use wuphax

They open applications to the public every so often, I think they have you fill out a little questionnaire to prove you're not a total dipshit but I don't think they make it all that hard as long as you know the basics of torrenting and trackers and stuff.

Honestly not sure how long you'd have to wait for this, you could also interview for MAM and get in through the invite forum there, though it seems like only user giveaways rather than official recruitment for the moment so you still might wind up having to wait for somebody to offer one. Mention that site mostly because as far as I know it's easy to get into and piss easy to become power user equivalent, there's other sites like redacted that also offer interviews (and probably have better invite forums as well) but the process is a bit more intensive and becoming power user is a bit of a pain, so MAM is probably the easiest way if you just want GGn and don't want to expend too much effort.

BTN is apparently gonna start recruiting from GGn anyway so MAM -> GGN might actually be one of the better ways into the cabal sites, PTP also recruits there though the requirements are pretty steep.

yikes

What are the odds of something ps4 related dropping with christmas

Well you probably already have played them but puyo puyo tetris and picross 3D.
There's a bunch on the DS too, if you don't already have one pick up a flashcart.

Why does the ps3 guide pick that specific CFW?

So my main PSN just got banned (I know putting CFW on my main account was a stupid idea)I Lost thousands of digital games,PS4 preorders and trophies but that doesn't matter anymore

I have that account as a primary on my hacked PS3 and my none hacked one and I want to know if anyone here who has gone through something similar might know if it's possible to play the legit bought PStore games that are already installed from my old account on my new account?

Would it be safer not to play them at all considering the account I purchased it with is banned and might consider the games as pirated ? or do they only detect CFW to then assume you have Pirated game??

were you spoofing and using PSNpatch?

Yeah I was, Either I was using it incorrectly or it isn't as safe anymore

>Has CFW
>Still wants to play games he bought
You have the entire PS3 library for free, you retard. Why are you even asking these questions?

Not to be a total cunt but
>Paying for digital games
Also apparently some user's have had success getting unbanned after repeatedly contacting support, perhaps mention that you shared the account with [a relative]'s system and that you still want to access your account on your system.

I think you should still be able to play the games you bought and installed on a non-banned account, as you could play PS+ games on a non-PS+ account so long as they were installed by a legitimate PS+ account that was on the system. Me and a friend from North America did this to get the PS+ subscriptions from both our respective regions whilst only paying for one sub each.

Alternatively you could just CFW the other system too and play hacked games + your own backups

>digital games

lmao

>only shows AAA games
that's the point

I only installed CFW to get games that I couldn't get digitally off the PStore,are Ridiculously priced or just hard to find

If I wasn't such a trophy whore I would have just made a smurf account otherwise and now I have payed the ultimate price for my mistake

you are a fucking dumb ass

Were you playing GTA5 or TLoU? I think those games and Uncharted multiplayer and some Cawadoody have anti-piracy eboots that scan your HDD and /games folder

also
>hack ps3
>let enabled auto login

wtf