/2hug/ - touhou general

Previous thread

>So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway

1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games

The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>How to Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

>AoCF Demo v2!
mega.nz/#!mclFRapR!b4TEtRSnAi81Y4CZHzjy4dTzJ81V0KDArXfDL6f5PqI

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/NdaSE

>Fangames pastebin
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

Did someone post NSFW stuff or what happened?

Buudhist love all my ass

This is thread #77.5, last thread was nuked.

Since you're clearly browsing these threads mr janitor, care to tell us why we're getting deleted?

Nothing happened, we got axed for no reason again.

>Forgot the "Touhou is a videogame" disclaimer
I'm waiting for this thread to get nuked

I put efforts in making that last thread. So I expect other people to do the same.

post gameplay or else we get deleated

VIDEO GAMES

>Consistently beat Lunatic AI 2-0 on ULiL with main.
What to do now? Wait for AoCF on Steam or what?

I wish I liked the aerial fighters as much as you guys did.

>Who you WANT to be the final two mystery fighters, the "Strongest Duo"
>Who you ACTUALLY THINK will be the final two mystery fighters

>want
Mima and Yuuka
>actually think
There's no way they won't both be newhus.

It took me like a week of casually playing between Dota queues.
I don't know if the AI is bad or Koishi's OP, but her echo attacks carry me hard.

I am unfamiliar with whats going on, but gimme some Alice and Marisa

>start up SA to fight Koishi again
>extra stage is blocked
N-nani? The highscores are still there, and everything else appears to be fine.

Maybe it's like Shoot The Bullet where I just need to give it time and when I come back to it I'll love it.

Probably not but it's good to be optimistic.

Returning Bridge Ichigo is pretty fun.

Did you 1cc Easy after you 1cc Normal?

I've watched other webms and videos and my movements seem really janky/jerking compared to them. Is there anything I can do to fix this other then more practice and git gud?

I never even played Easy on this savefile.
It looks like my old save backup somehow restored itself, but that doesn't explain the Extra stage being locked. Spooky shit.

I know the problem. You didn't 1cc the game with the best SA characters, Reimu+Aya. Just 1cc the game again. Or check the wiki for bugs.

Just beat it again
What's wrong user, afraid of the cat?

If you you want you can have my save file which is Reimu + Suika 1cc.

How hard is the extra of PCB?

I think Ran isn't too hard compared to most other extra bosses.

ezpz
Yukari is the same actually, even has one or two patterns way easier than Ran's. There's only 3 spellcards that were troublesome for me: Shikigami Ran Yakumo, Double Death Butterfly, and Yukari's Arcanum

They both have cute designs

I actually did 1cc the game with Reimu+Aya, and the wiki has nothing to say about it.
You know, it's my second time losing SA's savefile, and last time that fucking cat bullied me out of regaining it for weeks.
That's incredibly gracious of you user, but my pride won't allow it. I'll take that extra stage back with my own two hands.

Who?

Benben and Prime 2hu, obviously

I tried it and only reached Ran's second nonspell but I don't think it's so bad for a first try and so far it doesn't seem that complex.

> did 1cc the game with Reimu+Aya
>take that extra stage back with my own two hands
Finally, a man with the right mindset. Would you want to fill the SA 1cc chart with me? I only haven't done MarisaA and MarisaB yet.

>secondary scum thread got deleted
>primary patrician thread filled with gameplay discussion stays up

Since last thread got deleted I guess it's ok to post it again:
Which achievement are you the most proud of?

UFO 1cc on normal
I'm not very good.

I'm sorry user, but mine's already filled to the limits of my skill. The scores weren't wiped, so I won't be redoing anything after unlocking Extra.
Unless you want to race for clearing Extra with every shottype, which would be actually pretty exciting.

You already 1cc'd SA Normal with all characters?

Yes. I'm not good enough to clear Hard mode with anything but ReimuA, so the only squares I can fill for now are on Extra stage.

You should have no problem 1cc it on Normal then if you can beat Hard.

Sanae looks different today. Did she get a haircut?

Going from a normal 8cc to pic related within two weeks.

I hate Janitors! I hate them!

sanae is a slut

Tenshi getting revealed was just to misdirect us, it only confirms my suspicion that Mima is one of the newhus getting added.

I want Parsee and Youmu

I want lunarians to leave

Is this accurate?

Succ should be a cat

the AI is trash and the game is pretty damn casual, as it's meant to appeal to 2hu fans instead of being a real fightan game.

if you didn't like it before you're not gonna like it anymore if you try again.

too bad mutt :^)
the superior race is here to stay

Sakuya being a doberman makes a lot more sense though

Oh Sakuya-user, if you're still around. I'd like you to add Code:R to the fangames pastebin, and put it in "Low" or "Do not play" tier, because the game is fucking bad.

I only add fangames I have completed to the list, I tried to get Code R working but it's not translated and it seemed pretty story heavy so I dropped it until it get's translated.

But it's shame to hear that the game isn't good because I was actually looking forward to try it when it's translated, whats wrong with the game user?

OH NO SANAE HAS A GUN

>be shrine maiden
>get shot
the absolute state of Reimu

put the gun down, sanae!

Well, controls are ass, WASD moves as usual, but Reimu doesn't follow your mouse if you move, so if you move forward and look behind you, she won't turn with the mouse unless you tap another movement key to change direction and have her move forwards again.

Z shoots along with the LMB for some reason and X is your context sensitive action along with RMB. V throws your sub weapon and B does a shitty melee kick with a long start up and end lag, most enemies will move away from the attack if your following behind them and try and knock them out and the kick cancels itself if you mash the button. Oh and there's no jumping or platforming so you have to shoot boxes to destroy them, despite them being about knee height.

It's visually basic, granted most of it is from my computer being awful, Reimu looks like my pic in the previous post and enemies seem ripped straight from MGS 3, complete with the exclamation mark over their head.

There's actually no animations for jumping onto ledges or going onto ladders, so Reimu sorta autowalks under it and teleports onto the ledge, the rest of the animations just look stiff and awkward. It's only vaguely touhou themed, with Reimu being the main character and Nitori being support. The music is fine, all remixes of songs from the games.

The only possible appeal is seeing a 2hu with a gun, which they botched by making Reimu a pacifist and giving her some fucked up fantasy gun and enemies just have AKMs, so there's nothing interesting there. Apparently the game has more enemy types, so maybe they might get interesting later, but they're boring as hell now, they got knocked out in one hit by everything you throw at them and lethal rounds phase through them because story reasons.

>implying Reimu doesn't own multiple guns and that Sanae just isn't on an child-like adrenaline high
reimu probably wears kevlar at all times

>implying Reimu has the money for any of that
At best she's got a couple hi-points.

>Solid well thought out reasons that are objective in nature

Fuck man it's a shame. Metal Gear Solid is one of my favorite series and it's sad to see a crossover game with Touhou turn out to be bad. That said all of that sounds fixable, especially the part about the controls, maybe once the fangame scene takes off on steam we'll see a remastered version with better controls.

is SSiB gud?

It's the best finished 2hu manga series.

It doesn't even play like MGS either, it's more like splinter cell with very linear "level" set ups segmented into subsections. On top of that, I forgot the biggest issue with the controls, switching from running or walking, stops Reimu in place until you let go of all the controls and start moving again. So she can't switch from walk to run while moving, you have to stop her in place then start again.

Yes, but you have to read CiLR as well, otherwise it's not the same thing. You can either use the chronological, back to back order you find in the OP for the chapters or you can just finish SSiB and then finish CiLR. Inaba is recommended too.
Besides, they're always official works.

Wild and Horned Hermit is more entertaining.
Kasen is in it!

Well it's the one manga that actually has a plot instead of just being a slice of life thing, though I heard the story for SSiB is a little all over the place, and of course it features both moonbitches, so whatever your opinion of them is likely to color the manga for you. Like others have said you're gonna want to read Inaba of the moon and Inaba of the earth and CiLR along with it to actually get the full picture.

I want Kasen to BTFO Yukari some more

Cute.

Woah who's this guy.

A thot slayer

Hinanawi Tenshi
Hisou*-like and unworldly celestial .

"I'm happy to meet a good, worthy partner."

The eccentric and delinquent celestial.

Descending onto Gensokyo after a long time, she finds the place crazy about Perfect Possession.
Having found a partner proper for her noble self, she is unrivalled on earth.

Fight every kinds of battles with Sword of Hisou, the sword which can change its form depending on situation.
Perform all-range attacks with keystones that move at will.
And then, stir up a storm with "HAARP", an occult that controls the atmosphere!

TL Note: Hisou (緋想) literally means scarlet perception, but probably a wordplay on Hisou (非想) [lack of perceptions?]. Not really well-versed in Buddhist mumbo-jumbo.

I kind of expected Tenshi to be related to the HAARP but I still wanted something less of a cliché.

hunger dude.

>Having found a partner proper for her noble self
Miko? Mokou?

me

Sukuna is also possible but I like the idea of Mokou/Tenshi because it's a cute duo.

But you're not noble.
Right, I forgot (one of) Shinmyomaru's partner(s) is, according to her bio, "someone absolutely outrageous".

it says that Tenshi is the noble one, not her partner. The only proper partner for nobility is trash.

This. By contrasting herself with a Mongrel, Tenshi can appear even more noble.

I'd imagine Eiki is furious as fuck at the immortals.

The yama's probably completely indifferent. They're not going to die, so she has no reason to care.

Why so? Her job is only to deal with the deceased.

If anything, she probably feels bad for them.

Because people aren't supposed to outlive their lifespan, that's why they try to hunt down the hermits which Komachi seems to so far not wanting to hunt Kasen.

Kasen's not a real hermit

I mean isn't that precisely why she'd be mad at them? I'd be anyway if I were Eiki.

Thats only for people that are still technically capable of dying. In kasens case, she's one of the original gensokyo sages so she's a special case regardless, but in general the rest can be "Killed" via the right procedure.

There's no way to kill a hourai immortal, so its a fruitless task at its best. Its not about being angry or anything, its just part of the job, and no ones going to do such a Sisyphean task.

The eiki would not care for them. She’d rather see them as those who still see dirty, yet it would mean nothing to her

Shikieiki doesn't oversee the shinigami, I think they're pretty much their own organization and Komachi just happens to be serving under the yama, plus Komachi isn't the Shinigami sent to test/kill Kasen.
Miko considered her a real hermit and Komachi makes jokes about being sent to kill her, so it's safe to assume Kasen is a legit hermit.

Didn't she not even know the basics of being a hermit? Like didn't even know some gods?

>There's no way to kill a hourai immortal
Do we know that for sure though?

>There's no way to kill a hourai immortal
Time Travel

If there was a way to kill a hourai immortal, eirin would know it, and kaguya and mokou wouldn't still be alive.

Thats not killing a hourai immortal, thats killing a kid. Also, there's two problems with that plan.

First, there's no one we've seen capable of going back in time. Second, it depends on how time travel would work. If its the "Travel to an alternate reality" kind of time travel, its still ultimately moot.

A person who drinks the Elixir becomes an universal constant. Even if you went back in time and killed them before they drink it, they'd still be alive when you come back.

Why haven't we seen the yama in WaHH anyways? with Komachi being present I was hoping we would get more Shikieiki but she hasn't appeared at all

Why would Eirin know it? Can't you just poke the liver with a empty Syringe and extract the elixr from there? If you can kill the immortals or remove their immortality it's a task that must be done.

It should be mentioned that since Kasen is an oni, even as a hermit, she hasn't outlived her lifespan by a country mile. Even if the shinigami did care, they can't do anything about it yet.

Lies!

While eating the liver of a hourai immortal would technically remove the elixir from the body in the capacity that you could drink it, we already know it won't make the immortal mortal again. They pretty much already said that.

>Thats not killing a hourai immortal, thats killing a kid.
What are you, insane? I was implying someone should just take the elixir beforehand and let them die of old age
>A person who drinks the Elixir becomes an universal constant. Even if you went back in time and killed them before they drink it, they'd still be alive when you come back.
That's a pretty dumb line of reasoning, what you're saying is that if Mokou was stabbed in the heart before she drank the elixer without the use of time travel, she'd be okay because she was going to drink it anyway