>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>News
RIP mutagenic chunks
Crawl tourney starts Jan 5
crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-and-0-21-tournament-release-info

New Sil fork out.
github.com/sil-quirk/sil-q/releases

ADOM r81 released for free, get it here (!!!includes star sign selection!!!)
adom.de/home/downloads.html

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:
roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, including slex)

>ded general
>ded genre

REEE FIX IT YOU FUCKING GOOK JUST LET ME POST

i have a wizard in adom who got a balor from a scroll of familiar summoning in DH:2
I realized that it sounded incredibly unfun to wait for my pet to stand next to me so I can go up the stairs on every single level
but at the same time it's too OP to just abandon, plus apparently pets turn hostile if they go too long without seeing you so I can't just park him in dwarftown forever while I explore the surface

that's why i haven't played my adom character lately and thus why im not posting any roguelikes, thanks for readign my blog

explain yourself

pets are dumb, you should abandon him at the nearest killzone

Of course he's a dwarf.

Is there no way to steal it?

Hiroyuki Nishimura added more ads and one of them breaks the site in Google Chrome. Happens more if you block ads because these ones aren't on the blacklists yet. It's not 4chanX, it's uBlock and such that trigger it.

of course there are ways to steal it
ADOM has fewer options than nethack for sure though.
You can go invis and you get maybe 5 turns to steal whatever the fuck you want before the shopkeeper decides that he can see invisible now
You can grab it and teleport out, pissing off the shopkeeper and getting an army of thugs sent at you
or you can murder the shopkeeper in cold blood, which works ok except it gives you intrinsic dooming (very bad luck)

It's fucking finished. The fucking map is finished.

Invis + good stealth + teleport control. You can land on the square and grab it before he notices you in the shop.

The nightmare is almost over.

uh or just use shields and regen and wear all +life gear
But yea they hit super fucking hard

teleporting out doesn't always piss the shopkeeper off
I think you gotta do it twice or something to get the thugs
and the thugs are easy, its the shop keeper who is a fast hard hitting nigger

It was too early to really have any life+ gear. Besides, his burst hit for about 600~. Even with a shield, I was just boned.

fuck

Well, stone dragon king dead. Basically Keriax except with non-corrupting breath.

His shrapnel breath hurts like a motherfucker, and it nukes your inventory, but he can only fire in cardinal directions. His only other ranged is ice breath, which is nullified by the mummy wrappings.

What's a good roguelike with an overworld that's not just a dungeon? I want some green in my adventure, a feeling of wonder to juxtapose with the harsh darkness of the dungeons. Something with a middle earth or legend of zelda vibe.

Is there an /rlg/ discord? I think that'd be a neat idea.

try r*ddit

What's the difference between free ADOM and Steam's ADOM?

nothing
you are paying to be a good goy

>AC 20
>EV 26
>SH 18
>+5 reflection
I'm invincible. Everything that fires at me dies from its own bullets and everything else does little to no damage. Smells like elven princess armpits, that is to say, it smells like VICTORY!

And it's finally over.

What's ironic is that even though the gear he gives you has great stats, the axe has no slaying powers, and the shield only has a few common resists. Even if you wanted to use them out of spite for going through this obnoxious quest chain, it's a moot question since you're stuck wielding the Trident during the final battle, and any actually dangerous battle will be fought using ranged spells or missile weapons due to the nature of how Biskup decided that critical hits would work.

Of course, you could corrupt the dragon's heart instead of giving it to Rolf and get the Volcano quest, but the reward there is a redundant amulet since you'll be wearing an amulet of life saving, free action, or Preserver anyway. And reuniting Yggaz with the Ice Queen (which I couldn't do because going back inside her castle would cause me to freeze to death in one turn since I'm a drakeling and had to kill my way out by rubbing leaves together) does nothing anyway because Biskup hasn't coded that yet.

It's almost as if this entire adventure was a giant waste of time.

lots of pointless shit in this game
meanwhile he's been working on it for years without changes

>ring of cats
nerd

Don't get to cocky user or else elemental damage will be your undoing.

PCB

most elemental damage in crawl still checks AC and EV, unless you count torment as an element

>got cocky
>now in the abyss
>surrounded by baddies
Oh boy here I go

Welcome to Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup 0.29!
Please pick a race:
>Non-gendered Humanoid
>or
>Minotaur
Choose a god:
>Fighty God
>or
>Magical God
>or
>Nemelex
Roll a 10 D100:
>125
You died! Hope nothing offensive happened during your game session. Look forward to Crawl 0.30 when we remove gods!

Content updates.

There's also some shit like stat allocation and star sign selection.

Is the steam version worth $15 though? And how good is the linux port?

>burnt through all my scrolls and potions
>5 scrolls of tele
>spamming trogs regeneration
>excellent shields and weapons
>no exit
>die
Well there goes by OP god character, I always get cocky and die. That's this game, no strategy, just a game of patience where you eventually get impatient and cocky. Crawl is endurance training. RRREEEEEEE

>seriously considering paying for roguelikes
>seriously considering giving money to the biggest jew in the history of roguelikes

Play free adom first to see if you tolerate/like it
The paid version is mostly more content, not more quality-of-life, so if in a week the thought of cats or conway's game of life makes you want to kill yoruself you'll know not to spend your 15bux

I'm new to this general. How is the creator a jew (besides charging 15 buckaroos)?

because he's done nothing on the game for 15 fucking years
only come back to jew the shit out of it

arelgee is Mad about charging money for rogue likes

>Is the steam version worth $15 though?
If you've never played ADOM and enjoy frustratingly obtuse CPRGs full of weird shit, then yeah probably. It's a fucking long game, and there's a lot to do.

>And how good is the linux port?
It has fewer bugs than the Windows version at least.

>see transporter vault
>ah yes, it's the potion of resistance one with freezing clouds
>had forgotten how hard dire elephant simulacrums and wolf spider simulacrums would hit
Should have cast my 24% fail fireball.

what is the most niche unknown rogeu lik e video game that you have played

tnagledepe

serpent of the staglands

>Explain.
The rule means that you're not supposed to do damage with the things you throw, hence the throwing of the thing is in fact a joke
Dicku threw meat rations slapping his meat on his enemies before fisting them
I threw ruk because being able to throw ruks at enemies at full range and not being able to do damage is hilarious

Everyone threw joke items to aggro mobs, the only rule is not to actually do damage (which is why gloves of archery are haram)
Also those other things about making a joke monster were just jokes
Like literally who gives a shit maggot already gives an excellent item
also I don't savescum

Also dicks is morally binded for adding me to the ladder since he said so in the vods and I'm STILL waiting after a week

Same user that was asking about ADOM here, now I'm wondering whether I should download it or download and play TOME instead. I don't wanna do both because I like to invest in one timesink at a time.

Also new nord for the week

>those stats
>500 HP and 900 PP
What the heck have you been smoking
is the tome of donors that fucking strong

you edited the game files to spawn a juggernaut of khorne as the icky cave entrance guardian so you could scum xp faster

compromise halfway between them and play tome2

?

tome has more depth to it

Yes that was like what
two years ago
also I tried that and it's fucking stupid, a single young dragon gives more XP than spamming 99 bolts on the khorneguy
it wasn't even nightmare mode
Also I remember editing the dungeon guardians because I thought they were a stupid concept to begin with
What are you gonna do
call the fun police
I'm worried about how tsun you are about me user I'm sorry but I'm not gay enough

Thanks for explaining.
>Also dicks is morally binded for adding me to the ladder since he said so in the vods and I'm STILL waiting after a week
We will see.

>trash fire
fucking RUDE as HECK.

Evidence of poor moral character.
You clearly lack the integrity and moral fortitude to hold to the spirit of the mumo rules instead of sticking your dick through every loophole you find (and imagining that said hole belongs to an underaged cartoon futanari horse)

are you penisperson
if you're penisperson please come back
we could play some sil together and try to kill morgoth or play other games
it would be super fun
you can join too dych it's just that he's basically in my same timezone and it's a lot less of a hassle
>underaged
EXCUSE YOU
I like my hyper futa mares experienced and large

Penisperson left us and is not coming back
It's time to let go.

I miss him.
He was a chill dude and I'm sure we could have been friends.

If I'm anti-magic I can't find a belt of unlife? All the ones I've found were powered by arcane

Undead themselves are powered by arcane, so it makes sense.

You can still find armor items with the "of the fish" ego or something which provide waterbreathing but not the other effects.

Damn TOME is pretty fun

There's so many things in CDDA that piss me off but I can't stop playing it.

I like Cogmind. It's different from other roguelikes in that I don't have to worry about leveling, my race, or any of that arbitrary shit. All I need to do is find parts to make myself into my idea of the ideal robot. The BLAME! atmosphere is pretty nice too.

race is not arbitrary shit u marxist

#yeeklivesmatter

one look at this and I do a 360 and back up the stairs

I'm not talking real life user, I'm talking videogeams. And I hate how race, sex, age, all that effects how I play them at times. That's why I like playing Cogmind, because literally none of that matters. [spoilers]I wish that's how it was IRL too but it's entirely too much to expect people to treat others they way they want to be treated. [spoilers]I wish I was a different race so other's would look down on my before they even got to know me...[/spoilers][/spoilers]

What a mess of a post.

Shit I couldn't even figure out how to set up 2 rows of hotkeys without switching to classic hud style.
>to dumb for tome

I went back in cuz i was hella overleveled anyways

Well you can't even spoiler correctly so maybe learn to do that before you expect people to respec you, huh?

Now how do I get an elf GF.

how does respec work in this context sorry i dont speak english

>tfw not robot

it means 尊敬

Atigaatoo gozaimusu!!! Konpyuutaa de Dwarfu fortress o shimasu!!!

I'm starting to think you guys don't play roguelikes at all!

But I just played tome4 earlier!

shut up nigger

Anime wa roguelikeu ja nai desu, user-San wa wakarimasu?

Yah tome4 is pretty fun despite all the shitposting that surrounds it.

Anime wa roguelikeu ja nai desu

shit i forgot the meme arrow ill just put it here
>

I'm a newfag here. I played a bit of the original Rogue, and a shit ton of roguelites or roguelike-likes or whatever you call them, like Spelunky, Rogue Legacy, Risk of Rain, FTL.
I literally downloaded TOME today and I'm having a blast. I'll also be trying out Sil, DCSS, and try some stealth based stuff like Gruesome and ThiefRL.

Do you not know how replying works?

I'm sorry of shitting up the thread with my blog post. All I wanna do is play roguelikes and wish I was a robot. Any of you played Cogmind before? What are some of your favorite builds? What are some other roguelike you guys enjoy? I especially like Demon, Artemis is my WAIFU!

Great! Have fun and feel free to ask any questions here. Most of us are pretty helpful or at least try to be.

sorry user
ever since net neutrality was repealed, i can't afford the extra bits and bytes to type out post numbers

Oh I forgot Nethack. I'll save it for a future time but it's on my priority list.

Almost nobody here plays cogmind because it costs money.

I never played Cogmind but it actually sounds interesting. Now you got me thinking about a mech based roguelike. Like imagine FTL meets mechwarrior, and you customize, manage, and swap weapons and limbs and shit, as well as look after your crew.
Thanks mate! Cheers
Is there something stopping you from being coherent? If you're on a computer, literally just press the post number to open a reply box. If on mobile, there's probably a button or dropdown for it.

I had to sell my mouse to pay for tome dlc so i could win more easily by using med injectors
unfortunately i am no longer capable of clicking on post numbers, and must navigate my computer using only my keyboard

Jaa, user-San wa Nihongo o hanashimasu ja nai desu hahahahaha

Oh my.

What race are you bro? You're being autistic even for a Rlg player

*hanashimasen,

Gomen Nasai user-san, haha

anime is a roguelike according to the Berlin Interpretation, the Official Roguelike Definition of Reddit Dot Com

Iie, anime wa roguelikeu ja nai desu. Anata wa wakarimasu ka???

yes it is

>based burgers
>nips btfo

oops, chinks not nips

it's the same language anyway right
they even use the same alphabet

Lie. Anata o shimasu >:)

if you're going down the rabbit hole and playing all roguelikes, beat nethack first. pretty much everything created after nethack is designed on the basis of "let's make nethack, but less shitty". it's hard to go back to.