/hg/ - Halo General

#383 - It's the most wonderful time of the year Edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>Halo 5: Guardians has received a major weapons tuning update that radically changes up the gameplay. This update has gone into effect in all arena playlists, warzone playlists, and even custom games.
For a full list of changes, see the link here: halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/weapon-tuning-update

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/holiday-fixins

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>SPV3, the Halo CE fan remix project, can be downloaded for free
youtube.com/watch?v=VOMzNMe8qHE

>>>Halo News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HG10lSlZihM
twitchDOTtv/halowater
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>dual-weilding SMGs
Chief, you fool!

Remove Sprint or Kai gets it!

>tfw rejected from every school I applied to

who here /hate myself and want to die/?

That better be grad school and not undergraduate school

Anyone playing the SoT alpha this afternoon? If I can get a crew together I'd be down for some player hunting

I might be able to play. Can't say for sure though.

>black undersuit
Not. Canon.

BLARG

>Halo 2 Anniversary contains a hidden plush toy of the Ur-Didact, along with several other characters, as an easter egg.
>The dolls are also featured in the Halo 5: Guardians Forge mode, in which the description for the Didact toy interestingly reads "Not all visitors to the Domain are strangers".

What'd they mean by this?

Tito and Dog are currently Bitch Status.
Anyone who doesn't show up at 4PM PST for the photo shoot and anyone who doesn't appear in the photo will become Cucked Status.

>tfw no Halo 5 Master Chief & Friends Superstars adventures in dreamland

The fuck happened to 5PM EST?

Anyway, if one of them needs a drunk and punchy sub, count me in.

gt?

D O G
O
G O D

>17 threads to go
>no Achilles yet
AHAHA

I'll check back in an hour, I need to hit rank 10 on Order of Souls anyway
Vantavia

I love this

Post some Halo x Christmas stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=HG10lSlZihM

I haven't seen this one before

Im pushing the holiday photo back one hour to give you westcoasters a chance.
Consider that your Chanukkah present.

6 PM Eastern Time
First come first serve

I HAVE A CHANCE!
I CAN MAKE IT

West coaster here. Fuck that. Go for the original time.

>tfw wasn't going to be able to make it because I had work until 5:30
>work is 3 miles from home
>I have no car
Gotta go fast

Westcoaster here.
Thank you.

>put down my controller to respond to this
>accidentally shoot eileen
>can't get the best rune in BB now

aaaaaand time for a new save file

And what was your response going to be?

I was going to say that if there was any sense of fucking initiative and the capacity to warrant it then someone else should have stepped up and said "if anyone from a non EST time zone wants a shot then we're hosting a second picture".

I don't consider an /hg/ holiday photo to be a professional event, but last minute delays are nonetheless unprofessional.
There's no sense changing the time again now, but you have my word in the future I'll do better to keep things consistant with their announcements.

1 picture is fine nigger :)

>a courtesy reschedule
>delay

Yeah, a delay so more people can have a chance to get in. 6pm is not unreasonable. Stop whining.

It's not being professional, it's being pragmatic. The entire company cannot fit into one picture, so we either need more or it's first come first serve. And if you're outside of the time zone of the one who decided to step the fuck up then start your own picture lobby or don't be involved.

>we either need more
No, photoshop has already been decided as the solution.
>it's first come first serve
Yes. If you can't be there, that's not my problem.
It's not a delay, it's a rescheduling. I'm not the one whining.

Something tells me this isn't Red

It isn't

The one who decided to "step the fuck up" and organize the picture was red.

He's also the one who decided to change the time. No issues here. People get upset about the most retarded things.

You can't split that in half. You specifically changed the time because of people who couldn't accept first come first serve, and then you lash out on the basis that it's been that way all along. Negative, infinity. I don't like it.

I'm not upset, personally. Just impatient. Not the guy calling it unprofessional btw

what is wrong with you

how do you function in daily life if moving a picture ahead by one hour bothers you this much

you mean moving a picture back by one hour? How the fuck do YOU function?

I really don't care. I just want some consistency here. Anyone who can't make it can be photoshopped in and cry about it, fine. But then you moved the time by an hour because why, exactly? Because of people who can't make it? Or was it entirely arbitrary? I've got so many questions!

The picture was going to be at 5pm now it's at 6pm. That's ahead an hour. Brainlet.

Yeah but people want to be in with RED and shit. Not a bunch of literal who's?

I'm not Red, moron.
> then you lash out on the basis that it's been that way all along
What the actual fuck?
>I don't like it.
I don't give a fuck. Don't be in the picture.

Are YOU going to be photoshopping them in? Are you doing ANYTHING worthwhile or are you just complaining that something organized by someone else has slightly changed??

The time was moved by an hour to let west coast anons have more of a chance to get in. It's monday. People go to work. 5pm EST is only 2pm PST.

So no solo picture day collage?

I'll type in smaller words. The time was changed so that other people could be here. But other people were going to be magicked into the picture anyway. What's the reasoning?

Did that pierce the veil, or are we going to have to resort to monosyllabic vocabulary? Maybe hieroglyphics?

No, that's an hour back. Time comes AT you, not away from you. RETARD

>What's the reasoning?
Red wants to see us scramble/be fair to west coasters to be in the first print. How did you not piece this together?

Can I get a source on the fact that someone is going to Photoshop in missing people because all I got is an extremely short post in the last thread that may or may not have been a joke

i want collage-user to confirm he exists
if not then i will become him

>I don't like it
Why? Afraid you won't get in the first print. Pathetic.

Shouldn't we take the pic in Halo 5: Forge so that it looks better?

Nah. One X can do 4k screenshots and I'm sure somebody has one

No, user! Let's take a pic on the xXBox OneXx with HIGH QUALITY 4K pixels

Nobody has one, and even if they did, they aren't a photographer and have no understanding about the fundamentals of photography.

user, I want to be able to actually run Halo 5 when I'm in the pic.

well you arent the photographer, so...
>not having a decent rig in the year 2018

Hectorlo has one nigger :)

Someone message him and ask if he'll take the screens for us in an hour nigger :)

I use a laptop so I can shitpost on the go

Stop posting nigger :)

don't call me a nigger
don't call me a retard
don't call me a bitch
I have a name
it sounds like every other name, but it is mine
please don't neglect to use it
but also don't wear it out of use

What's your name then, son?

Again, I apologise. I really and truly don't mean to offend, nigger :)

Someone really should message Hector and see if he's available, we need the highest quality screencaps we can get, nigger :)

I can't tell you.
She would never forgive me[\spoiler].

So when the clocks go back you put them forward? Gotcha. 'Tard.

ENOUGH

>have no understanding about the fundamentals of photography.
How the fuck do you know? Tracked down each user and checked out their school courses and hobbies?

Fucking retard.

Also
>No one has one
At least 3 /hg/ anons have one. Fuck off.

I don't change mine, but I'm lazy so eh.

>no understanding about the fundamentals of photography.
As if you do.

moose on scene

Noice, Frogspeak

What do you mean? In fall, you set the clocks BACK an hour. For instance it would go from 11pm to 10pm.

In spring, you set them FORWARD and hour. So from 10pm back to 11pm.

>tfw some places in arizona don't put up with this faggotry

ree

Yes that is correct. But the user I quoted said that by the time for the photo going from 5pm to 6pm, that that was the photo being pushed FORWARD, not BACK. So by that logic, when it's time to set your clocks back, he sets them forward.

Thus the photo was moved forward from 5pm to 6pm

The photo is not being pushed forward, because if it were, it would be EARLIER
EARLY=FORWARD
LATER=BACKWARD
TIME COMES TOWARDS YOU, NOT AWAY FROM YOU
sorry I have chromatic abberation

See This

Nah man when I think of something being moved forward that means it's getting farther from me. If it's pulled back it here closer. I don't know what you're on about

Imagine you are in a kiosk at a bank, and there is a line of people who want to make transactions. The line is coming towards you. If you need more time with a certain client, you don't say "I'm pushing the rest of them forward" You say "I'm holding the rest of them back"

Not him, but moved up always means earlier.

If I'm in a line the line isn't coming to me, I'm moving with it

You are not a flash in time. You mean something. Gather your destiny and stop letting life HAPPEN to you, and rather start making life for yourself. Stop living passively. You can do stuff. You are God. Defy who you need to.

CE legendary playthrough stream:
twitchDOTtv/halowater

What? Let me clarify. I'm not the immobile teller at the bank. I don't stay in place. I'm part of the line, always going forward. Therefore if something is going to happen later instead of sooner, it is moved ahead.

YOU ARE NOT IN LINE. YOU ARE BEHIND THE DESK. Imagine trying to rationalize this in the context of time. Are you a part of time? NO, you fucking retard. Why would you ever think you were in the line?

>user is the physical personification of time and not the person in the moment
Makes me think.

I'm not NOT a part of time

this guy is dog poop megalul

I'm a raft going down a stream

>You are not a part of time
Ok try to imagine yourself without time

Couldn't work because you require time to exist. It's because of time that you are shaped, grown, and learn

Even with this analogy, If something is going to happen later rather than sooner, it is not closer to you. it is further.

I exist but I have no issue with sharing or even handing over the master control keys

The word choice was "forward".

And if I am the teller facing the line, the later customers will be further forward than the sooner customers.