drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3sMK9DU7Ko5RVpnbHF5YkdNQzg

>Guide to the Witcher Books
reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3qm8p9/

>Old

> WITCHER BATTLE ARENA ART

K Y S

Geralt and Triss OTP

I was shitting on the usurper but he's pretty enjoyable so far

So how many of you fucking idiots have Pioneer tag or are you all trash at Gwent?

I'm doing Usuper + Shupe deck and it's pretty fun desu senpai

NR really needs to be nerfed

They need to nerf everything. I want my 8 point bronze's back.

Are you also running the discard-your-hand Dragon?

>ciri nova
>balanced

pick ONE

Your deck is shit because of it

> hemdall is 20str now
> regis obliterated

JUST FUCK MY COCK UP SENPAI

It's a fun card for create a player moment :)

NG is stronger though

Both need to be fucking nerfed

NG is brainless overpowered bullshit

NR is literal brainless bullshit that's overstated

> GOD's ability is a 666 meme now

even worse than before

The only brainless thing here is you.

kys rethaz

Why is Gaunter the best card and should be treated as an auto-include in any deck?

I really dislike the idea of giving everyone a resurrection

thank for your thoughts

>will have to grind the shit out of the game to get roche and foltest avatars
THIS IS BULLSHIT

Whats the point of this being a general if i cant have an opinion

Kill yourself literally

Agreed. People here are disgustingly rude and insecure.

Anyone else having trouble downloading the PTR? I'm getting a configuration error that doesn't even let me download the patch

Can you build a Hoog ST deck that abuses silver spy + royal decree eskel roach to be unbeatable if it goes second 100% of the time?

looks like it's just one faggot

they make every faction similiar
>swarm in ng
>control in nr
>everyone gets a tutor card
etc. rethaz is changing his mind more often than a pregnant woman

>>control in nr

NR was always a control faction though, with Radovid?

Let's not give any more attention to people who think a casual fg it's the pinnacle of e-"""sports"""

you can just run a generic set of big bronzes with shani/stannis/dj/margarita in radovid and get above 4k

so many decks are fragile to that many locks it's hilarious

Does who you give the crystal to at the end of Redania's Most Wanted make any difference to anything at all? (I'm noticing hardly anything you choose in TW3 makes any difference).

Missed the thread change, will repost:

How does Shupe even work? I put him out, he goes into the Graveyard and stays there unless I resurrect him to find the card I want?

Also my Harold the Cripple crippling deck isn't as good as I thought it'd be. There's not enough "damage ALL the cards" cards in Gwent currently. :(

How do you access a PTR?

Yeah, you.

playgwentDAWTKAUMSLASHenSLASHnewsSLASH12211SLASHopenDASHptr-server-is-now-live

yes, you're right
I just meant the alzur spam type of control that i know scoia'tael for

If you think Evo, Daigo, Tokido etc. are casual I don't think you have a chance in life.

It's much much better than before. Before it could literally lose you the game on the spot. Now it can be very good and very bad but it will never be as bad as it was before. Gaunter was quite literally the worst card in the game by a wide margin.

it was terrible because it gave CA if you lost but now it has 3 choices instead of 2 making it a brick 6 str card

this ST card exists in the PTR and wasn't shown on stream btw

> viper witcher got nerfed to hell
> the guardians only puts one golem on top of your opponent's deck
> heymay skald seems really good now for veteran decks, although can't have yrden with it

>Gaunter was the worst card
Not by a long shot, just because the card is not reliable does not mean it is useless. Malena was both unreliable and useless in every situation meanwhile Gaunter was just a gamble.

Focus.

What casual is there about dedicating your whole life to a genre and to a specific game in order to be at the top? That's the literal opposite of casual.

Play a better fg, then we can talk about it.

fuck i forgot to post picture and deleted the screenshot

there's a new dwarf card that's good

That's quite irrelevant but I actually play other games as well, so go ahead and explain what about 20 years of training is casual.

let's build a Hubert Rejk deck
obvious choices are
>Foltest
>Dandelion
>Hubert

what else?

You just make your typical Foltest 40 deck but replace the adepts with something else.

Being useless is not a problem brainlet. It quite literally lost you the game on the spot if you guessed wrong. It's infinitely worse than being useless.

You are killing me.

How do i solve this? Anyone running into this problem as well?

The 3 str summons with resilience? They never get resilience for me.

>Being useless is not a problem
... That directly implies that you have no problem having useless cards in your hand, are you fucking stupid? Gaunter provided value with a risk involved while Malena was always useless and never won you a match unlike Gaunter.

Play the game and get a job.

Holy shit learn to play 2k retard. Having useless card in the deck is infinitely better than a card that autoloses the game.

Go check "Daigo Umehara" article from Wikipedia, he is 36 years old and started playing the genre when he was 11. His first tournament was back in 1998, when he was still only like 14. Those kind of people are the modern champions in the game you consider "casual" which, honestly, shows how bitter or clueless you are for some reason. FGs compare to real physical sports in the dedication required.

After you've done that, try to find a Wiki article of "freddybabes" and see how great accomplishments he got in competitive games. How greatly he has impressed everyone and how he has trained since he was a child.

COME ONE COME ALL BECAUSE THERE'S A TOURNEY ON THE HORIZON - /gwt/ Christmas Showdown

Participants will be matched up with others who sign-up and fight for the claim to be /gwt/'s holiday champion over a three day period starting on 26th of December, ending on Dec. 28th . The winner and runner-ups will receive prizes including Steam games and being better than everyone else who played.

Sign-up sheet:
goo gl/forms/ACeEXgkA8GnijUMB3

For the sake of organization either your GOG ID or a Discord ID will be needed to sign-up. If using only one GOG IDs will be organized via that PMs and Discord users can join the accompanying server in the link above to ensure we don't have last minute drop-outs with no explanation.

RULES:
-Matches are going to be done through Friend Matches
-Matches are best of 3.
-Finals will be best of 5.
-Requirements to join: Discord and/or GOG ID for organization purposes

Fights are to be decided between participants after brackets are done. Wins will be recorded after a screenshot of the winning person is produced to one of the organizers.
Brackets will be done by organizers but fight times must be done in agreement with eachother. Failure to produce a screenshot of the winner in due time will result in a DQ.
26th of Dec – First bracket
27th of Dec – Second Bracket
28th of Dec - Semifinals/Finals

I mean, clearly you are just a fucking idiot if you'd rather have a card that never provides value instead of a card that provides you great value with a risk.

Did anyone check out the nu-reveal?

You're completely retarded if you consider 50% chance to instalose you the game on the spot a mere "risk". I'd rather have blank card than a fucking gaunter but you'd need to have your tumor removed before you could understand basic logic like that.

>retards are already netdecking in the PTR

Impressive. Oh and the new UI sucks.

Is there a way to dodge having to re-download the client every time you want to swap between live and PTR?

there's no reason to play gaunter in any of his variation when royal decree exists

yeah i know he can also pull silvers and bronzes. still bad

>I'd rather have blank card than a fucking Gaunter
Congratulations, you just admitted that you'd rather have a card with no effect rather than Gaunter who gives you a chance to win! So, an imbecile such as yourself would rather not give Gaunter a chance to win you a game when you are losing. Why not, are you fucking stupid? You might as well play him if you have lost already. If you really don't want to play him, you can always pass as well, you don't have to give out the win. Absolutely unbelievable. And the chance is not 50% by the way, you are supposed to make an educated guess based on the cards played by the enemy and the deck he is playing.

You weren't in the closed beta, were you?

How do you make Milva busted?

>You might as well play him if you have lost already
>gaunter can win you the game meme
Jesus, it just goes to show how bad you are at the game. Gaunter doesn't ever win you the game, it either loses you the game on the spot or serves as pretty good card. Pretty good card won't win you the game you've already lost but gaunter has an added unique ability to lose you the game. Slyzard with no targets in graveyard is better than Gaunter.

Favorite meme?

Mine is currently Axemen disguised as Veterans

Stop fucking dodging questions, I already called out your bullshit. You literally think a blank card is better than Gaunter which makes you a clown, an utter shitter. Gaunter can be the decisive card in the game in both good and bad but one single point can settle the game, this is settled by the game mechanics. You don't understand the purpose of Gaunter if you prefer thin air over him, simple as that.

If you tested Gaunter and came to the conclusion that Slyzard with empty gy is better, you suck at educated guessing big time. And math as well.

>ciri
This is the real meme.

so are they dumbing down the game even more?
they are changing a lot of existing bronzes to just be some buff/damage/muster garbage instead of keeping interesting stuff

It's the shit when I go first

yeah, the mobile market demands it

It's like they changed EVERYTHING so the game could be played on mobile. The UI is bright and the cards are small, you can barely see their art anymore, most cards are super simple as you said, they removed most of the interesting mechanics, I just don't know what they're doing. You know it's bad when all of leddit is complaining. I'm guessing these shitty changes won't last.

can't wait for just unga vs bunga meta

they'll last because it will be profitable
casuals ruin everything good. since all the new random cards and changing of existing cards to have random effects as well it's clear CDPR lost interest in it's current playerbase

Do you realize how retarded this is? They built their fanbase on the premise that the game has little rng and is way more strategic than the other kinds of ccgs out there. Now it's trying to do what? Attract the HS players? You can't even finish a match while taking a shit because the games always take way longer than the average HS game.

It's unironically going to be this. Who can shit the most points. in as few cards as possible.

i think gwent got the hardcore reputation by mistake desu. CDPR's two greatest weaknesses always were gameplay design and UI design. they're still shitting the floor but now they are shitting the floor towards the casual audience and their shekels

stregobor drew my spy two times iin a row
I should probably buy a lottery ticket today

you can combo him with stefan

They basically butchered the game with this patch, gg

>freya now only ressurects soldiers

rip sk

man, shupe ng with all random shit is fun, but it's troubling how often i win

> yfw they buffed her to 2 strength so we won't get refund value
> dshackles damages for one extra point to compensate for not demoting anymore (literally dead)

i don't have the dick to go through the rest of this

yeah, they'll say it's not a direct nerf and more of a sidegrade while it's obviously a nerf to avoid full refunds for most cards

it's also a way for them to make keg filler cards like fidget spinner relevant by weakening the superior card to force us to use the new one

they introduced a mere two ( !! ) new common cards and one of them is just the now separated muster ability of first light

also splitting golds like speartip into 2. full offend your players mode

I feel like Cursed NR is missing something.
Cursed Knights, Mages and Flails are great, Decree into Seltkirk is god-tier.
Kaedweni Revenant, which is supposed to be the engine card for the archetype, kinda sucks though.
Also, all the new cursed units are missing NR-relevant tags, i.e. you can't pull them via Reinforcement.

but they also got rid of the alternate art versions of cards like Temerian Infantry, Reaver Hunter, Wild Hunt Rider etc.
that unbloats kegs

revenant being doomed ruins it

so we will get x2 infatrymen and x2 QG instead of x2 alt infantrymen and x2 alt QG

literally irrelevant to any player above level 20 and i'm generous here

The deck is really good, the only thing i have a problem with is starting the round since it is focused on being a pain-in-the-ass removal oriented deck and the cursed knights need the casters to work.

go full lifecoach and drypass round1 if you go first

yeah, it's missing a way to reliably get out a revenant turn 1 when you don't get one on your hand

Remnant is so good it single-handedly forced field medic rework, idk how you think that card is bad. Its what elven farseer wishes it was for spell scoia

>playing vs a pretty strange SK deck
>winning by quite a margin he has only 2 cards left
>I got dis
>it's a fucking 20 point Olaf and 25 point Ciri
I was laughing for quite some time after that.

I don't run them though, I run the bloody baron and the aedirnian maulers instead

it's all fun and games until someone drops 46 points on your ass in two cards in round 3 for the one millionth time in the same season

To be honest I only lost by a few points and only because of tons of misplays. That deck is pretty trash. If someone makes a good deck out of that concept it won't be funny for sure, I agree.