Savings

Why aren't you putting your money in Ally with a 1.05 APY?

Other urls found in this thread:

depositaccounts.com/savings/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Laziness, most of my money up is locked up in my 401k. I'd be getting back like a hundred a year, I keep saying I'll get around to it but I like my CU.

Why aren't you putting your money in floating rate bond ETF and preferred stock ETFs?

Same here Its a convenience thing for me. Id like to get around putting a grand in ally to start.

There are other banks which offer higher APYs and checking accounts with APYs as high as 5%, in the US. You should do better searching OP, I'm serious.

depositaccounts.com
nerdwallet.com

Etc. Look into it. Ally seems cool and nice but is actually shit compared to other APYs out there. And you might argue that some of the other APYs aren't consistent or reliable for long periods of time, but a lot of them are. You can easily find APYs as high as 1.25% and 1.50% that are only going to go up further if you looked OP you lazy shit. Also 5.00% for rewards checking but that's only if you make a certain number of purchases a month, etc., so I can understand not doing that one. And then money market accounts go even higher. And THEN, short-term CDs if you really want to save, but you know.

OP you're a fucking pleb if you settled for 1.05% on a SAVINGS account. Literally the lowest possible option of the "high yield" savings accounts. I feel nothing but pity for your lazy ass for not searching better.

Seriously you fucks. Take 20 minutes on a site like depositaccounts.com or nerdwallet.com and see that Ally is actually fucking shit APY compared to the better options out there.

OP don't listen to this cunt. I use Ally and it's great. Literally checked both those sites and the very best you can do in a savings account is 1.10% APY at some random sketchy credit union.

This guy is a dumbass.

Go here: depositaccounts.com/savings/

Literally 14. Yes 14 banks/credit unions with higher or similar APYs than Ally.

And there's other options on other sites that are even better. This guy is a dumbass who settles for the most convenient option because "muh clean user interface". He is a fucking pleb.

> offers no other alternatives
Thanks, retard.

See: and scroll down a bit you lazy fuck.

They're all listed there in order of APY.

>Original claim "as high as 5% APY"
>Gets called out on that being absolute bullshit
>Refutes by listing a bunch of noname random credit unions that barely beat Ally by barely a tenth of a percent

Seriously OP, Ally is a nationally trusted institution, the mobile app is fantastic, and the customer support is great. You might be able to barely beat 1.05% at some random fucking credit union but it's hardly worth it

Alright you stupid fucking shill. These are trusted banks that are FAR better than Ally and beat it significantly.

They are:
Purepoint Financial (Excellent option, but a high minimum I'll admit, not for everyone)
Popular Direct
Northpointe Bank (This one is perhaps the best. A great bank.)
Incredible Bank (speaks for itself, very trusted brand nationally)
Salem Five Direct
Palladian Private Bank

And Dollar Savings Direct, another great choice.

Almost all of these are extremely well-trusted, obviously FDIC insured, banks with reliably higher APYs than Ally. Stop fucking shilling.

>you might be able to barely beat 1.05% at some random fucking credit union
No you stupid fuck. There are far higher APYs at the nationally trusted banks with a solid reputation that I just listed here: Stop shilling for fucking Ally you cunt when there are loads of better options.

OP here, Not shilling for ally btw.

Thanks for the info lads.

For being as hostile as you are you can kindly fuck off you autist.

I haven't even made any moves on this yet.

They're not bad, but most of them are more like .05-.15% higher than Ally. I wouldn't say they're worth switching over from Ally for. The 5% ones generally are checking accounts that require debit card purchases and are only up to a certain balance, far too lazy for that.

See:
This one autist us having a shitfit over two tenths of a percent. I'm not even an Ally shill, all the banks are run by greedy kikes, but Ally at least has been convenient and accessible to me. I've also had accounts with Barclays, DiscoverBank, Capital One, and Synchrony. I don't use the lesser known credit unions, so I can't speak to if they're worth it for a measly extra 2/10 of 1 percent APY.

>1.05 APY

The 7-day SEC yield on my settlement fund is almost 1%. Why would I deposit money with ally?

Not all of us won some frivolous lawsuit, user.

Best laugh of the day so far. Thanks.

Samefagging why?