/fg/ - Falcom General #134

Previous thread: Tag the spoilers so the general doesn't die again.

>Tokyo Xanadu eX+ is out on PC and PS4
>Zwei II is out on PC
store.steampowered.com/app/427700/Zwei_The_Ilvard_Insurrection/
>Trails of Cold Steel PC is out on Steam and GOG
store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the
>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:
mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news
- Zwei!! English release by XSEED. Titled as Zwei : The Arges Adventure
xseedgames.com/2017/12/01/xseed-games-announces-second-entry-in-the-zwei-series-zwei-the-arges-adventure-for-pc-this-winter/
- Sen : The Last Saga to release sometime next year, most likely September
gematsu.com/2017/11/next-legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-will-last
- PS4 remasters of Sen 1 and 2 to release in March and April 2018, respectively
gematsu.com/2017/11/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-kai-ps4-launches-march-8-japan
gematsu.com/2017/12/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-ii-kai-ps4-launches-april-26-japan
- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port, and translation fixes to come in 2018
steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/
- Trails of Cold Steel III is out right now, news/article translations
gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii
- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from
- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt
Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/VhJKcfsf
youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic
youtu.be/h5EhwJvJqDk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you enjoying my game?

crossbell slut

XSEED a shit.
>rewrites dialog
>forces shit dubs on the player to cover it up
>e-begs you to buy their shit multiple times
>least non-aaa vidya company
>has the most obnoxious fans
>spent their biggest budget on akiba's flop rather than kiseki

That dialog is widely praised as one of the best examples of excellent localization. And the dub is fucking fine. You're just a bootyblasted fucking weeb.

They're likely gonna resolve the Osborne/Erebonia/Crossbell problem in Sen 4, before moving on to Calvard without all that since it's implied they have their own problems.

Obviously characters will still keep recurring and Oroborous will still be around, but for the most part the Phantasmal Blaze plan needs to finish and things need to calm down so they can worry about Calvard's SepTerrion

XSEED
>Rewrites dialog
>"WIDELY PRAISED, BEST LOCALIZATION EVER"
AKSYS
>Rewrites dialog
>WHAT THE FUCK CANT YOU JUST LOCALIZE IT PROPERLY? WHAT THE FUCK ARE COMICS? I WANT IT TO SAY MANGA AND LIGHT NOVEL WHAT THE FUCK
NISA
>YOURE A MEDICAL STUDENT? HJAHAHAHA THATS SO WRONG LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL NISA A SHIT

They literally rewrote Estelle's entire character, and 95% of her dialog is not at all how she's portrayed in the original games.

Can you guys shut the fuck up about localization companies at least at the start of the fucking thread, you mongoloid fucks?

Only if you keep the thread Crossbell and Sen 3 shit out of here until they're available in English. Otherwise we will go into localization shitposting overdrive. Swear to god.

>TFW AKIBA'S SHIT DOOMED XSEED TO FALCOM DUMPSTER DIVING
Literally can't make this shit up.

>WANT TO RELEASE NON SHIT GAMES, NEEDS TO RELEASE 10 OLD GAMES TO RECOUP COSTS BEFORE A NON SHIT GAME
>JUST LIKE HOW ZWEI IS COMING BEFORE COLD STEEL L0000000000000000000L

Stop. What are you doing shitposting instead of playing the damn game? Is your life really so bad that the only joy you have is through pretending to be retarded?
The original line is "It's like something out of an anime and light novel", not "manga and light novel". Aksys changed it to comic book.

And to be honest it's not like you guys are any better too. You fucks keep using my fucked up OP instead of fixing it. And no one ever pointed it out.
pastebin.com/VhJKcfsf
Here since you guys are that lazy. Also please stop making threads when it's not even on page 10.

This is honestly one of the worst generals I've ever seen. Even a mobage general is better than this shit.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
And this company has actual fanboys. What a fucking world we live in. Delusional Xshit babbies.

Sorry, I forgot only XSEED are allowed to change things. Sorry man, I'll stop.

By and large XSEED is doing fine financially. And they'll keep doing fine financially if they avoid doing anything overtly stupid like sinking in way too money into a project whose financial projections don't justify the expense.

I don't give a fuck about XSEED, NISA or Aksys. What I do give a fuck about is the fact that you're clearly someone whose life is so bad the only thing you do is pretending to be retarded 24/7. Get help.

Go back to your Discord safezone, faggot.

You mean something like sinking your budget into the BIGGEST DUB OF ALL TIME IN THEIR HISTORY OF LOCALIZATIONS? Yeah, that should never happen. Never ever. I would buy a few copys of a game with the BIGGEST DUB OF ALL TIME though, seems good.

>XShit blew their budget on Akiba's Flop like retards and don't want to localize any more Kiseki, would rather go diving through Falcom's ancient ass relics
>NIShit fucked up Ys VIII to the point even a Japanese news site caught wind of it. Likely blew any chance of a potential partnership with Falcom.
>Akyshit doesn't even give a fuck with unfinished TX locslization and absolutely zero marketing. Would not be willing to put fort the effort needing to localize Kiseki.

Is this the end of Kiseki in the West? Who the fuck else would Falcom go to that would be interested in localizing a series like Kiseki?

BIGGEST DUB OF ALL TIME? Now we're talking good localization!

Falcom should just open their own western branch, and localize their own shit, and then make it insanely horrible, so everyone gets fucked in the ass and gets mad together.

It's not the end, famalam. We will have 50/50 italian machine translation and non-japanese speakers "translating"

Imagine being such a loser that you have nothing better to do than come on /fg/ and cry about xseed 24/7

YOU MEAN SOMETHING LIKE THIS, A GREAT LOCALIZATION??

>will be getting an English dub and dual voice. Apparently, this will be the “biggest” dub in the company’s history with almost 22,000 loops. We’re also told that a vast majority of the dialog will be voiced.

DUAL AUDIO ASWELL, YOU LITERALLY CANNOT ASK MORE, OH GEE I WISHED COLD STEEL TWO WILL GET DUAL AUDIO WHEN ITS RELEASED AT THE END OF NEXT YEAR

Imagine being such a loser that you come on /fg/ to defend xseed 24/7

Who does the chink-english releases?

Has any of falcom games been asia-english'd?

I know namco do em with the super robot war games

Rean > Estelle > Lloyd > Kevin
XSeed > Aksys > Nisa
Ys VIII > Ys 7 > Oath > Celceta > Origin > Ark > Shit > Dawn of Ys
Tokyo Xanadu > Xanadu Next

Falcom should do that, then go grab some freelance visual novel translators like Conjueror and Gare who work for peanuts and translate fuckhuge 3mb+ worth of text in no time.

Rate the kiseki series user

FC>3rd>Ao>Sen 3>Zero>SC>Loewe Monogatari>Sora no Kiseki FC Manga>Sora no Kiseki SC Manga>Ys Vs Sora no Kiseki>Nayuta no Kiseki>Akatsuki no Kiseki>Yume no Kiseki>Kiseki Graphic Archive Vol 1>Kiseki Graphic Archive Vol 2>I haven't read the novels but I'll assume they're better than Sen I&II>Sen I>>>>>>>>>>>>Sen II

>TFW YOU MAKE A DUB SO BIG THAT YOU DELAY IT TILL Q1 2017 BUT IT STILL FLOPS
hilarious

Akiba's Flop gave me a BIG ENGLISH DUB fetish. I literally can't get hard to anything else now. Thanks, Xseed.

OK
BE HONEST
HAVE YOU PLAYED ZERO AND AO WITH THOSE SHITTY ASS TRANSLATIONS? PARTICULARLY AO

Sen III > Zero > SC > Ao > Sen I > Sen II > 3rd > FC

The games you haven't played in the order you want to play them. EOPs absolutely BTFO.

UNDERAGECOLDSTEELFAGDETECTED

Can we just nuke the thread and kill everyone in it in real life?

Yes. Start by killing yourself and we'll follow.

Sorry i already bought a bomb shelter user.

NEETs don't get to buy things.

I LOVE ESTELLE!

Calvard when?

>Kondo will unironically do this

youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic

When you move there.

CS2 PC when
Why does xshit always delay the second game

Because it's the last Trails game they'll ever release.

Stop being fucking retarded..Xseed has said all along it would be out IN 2018

Making sure the port isn't a piece of shit isn't really delaying it though.

Don't pretend they aren't adding a bunch of useless shit

>woah I can now load straight into the game instead of spending 3 second clicking on menu

I don't mean features though. Remember how Nisa managed to fuck up the port for Ys 8 hard even though it wasn't really adding anything new? This sort of shit has a bunch of bugs even if it's a straight port.

Can't wait for them to proudly announce the 2000 lines of newly voiced dub while I replace them with the japanese file on day 1 ;)

>Olivier jobbed so hard hes going to get the biggest comeback in the history of video game

I'm not expecting much from him honestly.

I'm sure he'll survive, but I feel like he'll just stroll in after everything is resolved and not be much of a major factor in the story.

inb4 they pull a jaina and he turns into a bad guy

What's the point if Falcom can't animate worth a shit?

don't do that, you'll make sean cry

2000 lines of worthless inferior voice acting.

Don't worry I am sure there's like million of fans out there will be waiting for his impeccable performance

When will Cassius "I know all your moves and planned for everything" Bright will step in to free Erebonia from the annexman?

For some reason the Cs2 exe image in the new feature video, has the image of Tio.

youtu.be/h5EhwJvJqDk

You mean 10 loyal xshit defender at steam forum? bahahaha
I'm glad I put effort into learning weeb language just in time so I can play this weeb game in its truest form instead of playing xshit garbage mcdonalization.

I'm almost done with Zwei.

I'm ashamed to admit this, but I...

... I have a crush on Alwen...

>get 3 day ban for posting a lewd in previous thread
>discussion goes to shit for 3 days
a coincidence?

What is this. Looks like that old mmo Seal Online

Why would he do that? Those guys killed his wife

Because the curse is more than likely going to be spreading towards Liberl as well. In addition to the fact that after Osbro is done making Calvard his bitch, he'll be coming for Liberl next.

They should welcome it. Maybe they can stop living like cavemen.

Having played every modern Falcom game in Japanese and seeing how inconsistent the voice acting is, I appreciate the work XSEED has done on the English dub for Cold Steel PC.

CS1 and 2 translations are excellent though. Zwei II's in particular is incredibly good even by XSEED's standards.

Don't even reply to that retard, user. He's been shitposting against xseed non-stop for MONTHS just to rationalize his learning japanese like a fucking autistic weeb

You make a pretty good argument for being retarded yourself

>seeing how inconsistent the voice acting is
Name a bad one

When you first started playing through trails, which spells did you end up forgetting to even check in the first place? I remember just playing like "whatever", and i ended up ignoring earth wall completely, which made the "Lorence" fight pretty damn annoying.

For FC I ignored all the buff spells and earth wall.

I don't mean the quality, but the quantity; some scenes will have only one or two characters voiced or some scenes will only have a couple lines voiced. See Rean being unvoiced in literally most of Sen III: you get a nice intimate moment in the bonding event, and Rean is still unvoiced just like the past two games. It's jarring and feels half-assed.

The voice acting also got certain lows, such as the long info dump scene at the church.

I never use earth wall in FC until the final boss, which only then I discover this bullshit spell
SC is a breeze though especially when you also have Kevin.

Kloe is the best in both games since her s-craft is like the panic button

I hate in Cold Steel all the arts/healing are fucking useless and it take ages to cast compare to just spamming craft since bullshit like delay and status stack up and murder everything including the final boss. Makes character like Emma and Elliot useless

All of them. Artes are garbage.

>Dark Matter ex
>garbage

>Geofront music
Nice

Screw you, user. I have zero doubt that Alwen returns my feelings.

Kondo fell for the silent protagonist meme
See: persona

C-calvard will fix everything!

Nah, blame Uchiyama for being expensive

To be fair, it's still not full blown silent protagonist, since Rean does have his own views on stuff, and a personality of his own. A true silent protagonist, would be someone like Chrono, or the protagonists from persona, which are kinda like a blank slate for people to more easily insert into.

No one, we only use XSeed English here as well.

Well if you want, we have official Chinese and Korean languages done by Sony...

>calvard protagonist is a mute so he doesnt even speak

Would you be able to turn her down? Be honest.

Depends of when she starts to "lust" for me. If she starts doing it right from the start, i'd probably think something was wrong.

Mint.

Whats the purpose of the knee skirt

seduction

Juna > Musshit

she looks like that potato girl in Xenoblade X

>Rean

Are you an alien studying humans?