/domg/ - Dominions General

dead thread edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/wjbSA98Y

>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
dropbox.com/s/gc9io6paebo4pj3/Debug_501.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game's 'data' folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Is there an easier way to play multiplayer?
Yes.
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/
Works for Dominions 5 just as well.

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread below.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU

>Previous Pantokrator:

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=ZeroPercentStales
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My bad , i forgot to check stalling data earlier

its too late to salvage anything from abysia/bogarus,right?

How does Ys perform in the underwater bowl?

Why the FUCK do Nazca mummies cost so much upkeep? What do they even spend the money on? They don't pay rent because they live in a fucking tomb. They can't eat or drink. They replaced their organs with literal silver and gold and it's STILL not enough.
End the mummy welfare state NOW.

>staling so hard that you even stale the thread
sasuga /domg/

t. Seraph infiltrator

Terribly, they're basically a land nation stuck in the water.

I hear Pelagia's stronger in 5 than they already were in 4 to boot.

is that agood idea

magic bandages and balms to keep their desiccated shit in

>trapped with Pelagia in a 6-province lake
Oh boy.

They might not be able to eat or drink, but they still demand lavish banquets because fuck you.

Pillage your capital, that'll show 'em.

They really are, basically.

Their horses have fucking fire breathing on land, but not in water.

Their casters are all air mages, stuck in water.

Morgan princesses and their sacred heavy cavalry are good, but expensive as fuck, so basically they have small elite teams, and all the weaknesses and strengths that implies.

Their sorceresses can be natural A4's, though, so you can really rip stuff up on land.

It's like how Jomon is a water nation stuck on the land, except Jomon also has no way to easily get underwater.

my retarded non-astral mage picked up a lucky amulet after a battle and now he's horror marked. will continuing to wear the amulet increase the probability of horror attacks or does it not matter now?

>Harab a good burd. Studying death magic to get his life back on track
>Need more stipends for muh mummies

IS THAT A GOOD IDEA?!

This was a major problem for the Inca state in real life too, so it seems appropriate to me.

gib more LAtlantis wisdom, they're my favorite nation thematically
who's good to fuck? who's hard to fuck?
is it ever worth removing squid? even if they have shit expansion/aggress you/cap is really close/etc.?
opinion on best ice infantry? I was thinking spearmen for repel and leave the deeps to sacreds

Does Protection of the Shadelands stack with Antimagic?

Before I go any further, did Dominions 5 ship with only 3 maps, one of which was ported from Dom4, or is it just my copy?

they fucked up big time with the maps and basically shipped none of them

Is Magma Eruption as MA Ulm always better than Iron Blizzard if I can get my mages to summon phoenix power?

Post dumb fucking idiot cute lizards.

Pendants of Luck don't cause horror marks, nor do they care whether the person wearing them is an astral mage. They don't affect the probability of being attacked by horrors, either.

Well that's gay, the replayability of the game is severely limited by the lack of maps. I thought that was a problem in Dom 4 as well, and yet it's incomprehensibly worse in 5 for some reason

what the fuck is that and what does it have to do with agartha

You need this god awake year 1 instead of year 3 why exactly if you aren't using an incarnate bless? If you are going to use those blessables, go for imprisoned and get the 5 additional scales.

It's an axolotl

i know frost brand and firebrand are good, but is shadow brand good?

Are you undead?

im yomi

artist must think actual olms are too ugly to be moeshit
or maybe he's just stupid and thinks they're based on axolotls because he's never heard of olms outside of dominions

They look pretty much the same sans eyes

The new changes with dominion visualization and winter graphics means a old maps have to be modified before they can be used, there'll be plenty community maps soon enough.

I got crocs and that's it

C'tis are not dumb. They are pure and hardworking cute lizard boys who do the right thing.

moggers plz

do turns

Playing as EA Caelum, does the Solar Eagle make for a decent expansion-focused pretender?

>Diplomancing a bunch of polite, friendly players, establishing borders without conflict

>Nobody realizes i'm the biggest threat by far

This is a conflicting feeling

Don't forget that TC didn't win Stalewarriors, biggest threat.

Fomoria would be good on a Sleep album cover.

>weeb monster girls

go full monster or go home

>llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=ZeroPercentStales
>more like zeropercentstart

can someone givem a quick rundown on how to play EA Agartha? Also, what does opening the seal do?

Summons a Legion of Gods trapped within a God Vessel.

JUST USE LIGHTNING BOLT THEY SAID

IT'S NOT THAT SCARY THEY SAID

>only 1/square and shit defense
>BUT
>great prot
>two attacks
>high attack/length 4 weapon, great repel
>limit 1/month
why did they give MA C'tis something really cool that could be decent with the proper bless then make it never worth it to invest loads of points in that proper bless

>5 (five) mages
>kill a god
Maybe skelespammers against a snek lel.

5 lv2 air mages ain't gonna down a SC pretender on his own turf you boob
and try not attacking into two months' salary worth of heavy cav PD next time

What is it with illwinter and things that never stop growing anyway?

>never stop growing
>age 46
it's mostly with amphibians/reptiles though, right?
lots of them always grow slowly IRL, also some fish and most crustaceans

Use olms to hold enemies in face so your fat waddling nerds can hit them once in awhile.

Your summons are great.

Your guys are big enough not to worry about Earthquake.

Yeah, but I recall nearly dozens of descriptions that contain something to the tune of "the foos live for a very long time, and they never stop growing."

It's always written this same way. Perhaps I should begin marking on the back of an envelope each time I hear this phrase repeated.

I like you, anonymous

they definitely can cause horror marks

>:^(

>dullest series in the history of strategy game series

It's in every Atlantean and Agarthan description, I know that much, and I guess it's in Sobek descriptions too. I don't think the giant nations "never stop growing," though.

are all the ma games in progress

Racist.

Did anyone win that game?

Next time try using enough to actually do something, instead of just scraping together whatever happened to be lying around.

Since humans and other mammals don't work that way, they feel that their audience won't know about it unless they specifically call it out.

I think either bats or Hinnom won, I honestly can't remember. I had to quit shortly after the armageddons stopped because my new dorm had broken wireless.

there won't be enough 'never stops growing' races until we get an crustacean one
gib amphibious crustacean kingdom with high natural armor and additional pincer attacks, LA jomon's crab/shrimp soldiers are already precedent, they can be the remnants of it from EA/MA
>crab/shrimp infantry
>mantis shrimp all-in-one tough cavalry a la centaurs
>abyssal lobster high-morale trampler
>horseshoe crab lv1 in holy/magic monks with high precision
>sea urchin/sea cucumber mages
>king crab priest-commanders
>foreign deep sea recruit nautilus mages

Bats won.

It was our favorite qt spaniard's first :^)

Magma Eruption is what you do with your out of cap wizards

REEEEEEEEEEEE

How about you don't join 18 user games on /domg/ or you don't whine about stalers in your game. Fucking idiot. Simpleton.

except ME is now 2F/2E, which your master smiths only have a 5% chance of getting
also went from 30 fatigue to 50

give em a fire jar

They start casting round 3, which sucks, but after epower the fatigue's lower

Did someone say 18 player /domg/ game?

>allowing Lemuria
Either the game will revolve around removing them or they'll win

You mean cast EP, then use the gem to cast PP? Or does the mage spend a turn automatically using the gem to get +1 to fire when ME is scripted?
I keep forgetting you can use gems to boost paths, never tried it.

You cast both EP and PP, yes.

We don't need more dumb nations for uw shitters.

If I script a mage to cast a bunch of specific spells, then set him to cast spells: enemy monsters, will he target the manual spells at them as well, or only the random shit he casts once AI takes over?

>something something #notfurry something

Is cold ineffective against all undead?

isnt one of the undeads' trademark cold resistance

Ghouls, Manikins/Mandragora, Oni spirits, Smoulderghosts, Anthrax, and the dudes from Hidden in Sand are all vulnerable to cold.

Thanks, very useful

ooooOOOOoooo
whaaat's the maaatter anooon?
tooooo spooooopy for yooooou?

Speaking of Nazca, is there something specific you can do with the Royal Mallqui's innate spellcaster 2? I think it's the only recruitable with that property.

>mfw someone can't handle a few ghosts

So I just want to edit the costs of some spells but I can' find the file they're saved in. I've read the mod manual but it doesn't tell me where to actually find the spells file and I don't want to just go through the shit of adding them from scratch. Someone wanna help me out?

You have to make a mod .dm to alter existing spells.

This is the kind of thing where it might be useful to use some kind of inspector. For looking at game information, and loading dms to check changes. If only we had such a thing.

>Ulm, I understand you're the german nation, but please return to your lab and pick up some supply items. Let's save the re-enactments of Stalingrad for if you get to fight Vanarus, mmkay.

I'm merely accelerating Ulm's heresy to get sick vampires in MA

Join you fags

Also Admin, could you lower the player number, we're going to wait for turns forever if the game ever starts

Thanks for the info, I've worked it out and made the changes I wanted.

Don't get sassy, cunt

What are all of the nations with heavy incest themes? Asking for a friend.

Also, why not use Worthy Heroes?

Erytheia, in the Late Age. I feel like EA Hinnom might have something implied somewhere but i'm not sure.

Bogarus is Bogus!