>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/263527
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/263532
youtube.com/watch?v=S9i6R8pgSL8
youtube.com/watch?v=lpX7mfypCHs&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DS2 bloodstains were one of the best thing ever

Just beat Sif. Where do I go now?

>>Stood in front

Read the item description of the ring you got from the grave, it gives you a hint. Talk to the local NPCs too.

>he kills innocent mimics
>he doesn’t just put them to sleep

If they give souls, they're not innocent.

Just finished Demon's Souls for the first time and it was amazing. I didn't get to play hundreds of hours of multiplayer like I did with the others, but as a single-player experience I think it's possibly the best in the series.

>tfw finally beat Aldrich after a couple days of trying
>tfw now I have to deal with the goddamn Jailers in the dungeon
>tfw I made it to the Profaned Capital
I fucking love this game laddies. Just wanted to say thank you for everyone for participating in these threads, they are refreshing and supportive

>There are people who will defend this.

/dsg/ is one, if not only the best general I've been to. I'm glad you feel the way I do.

>気に入りましたか?

That's a sick cosplay.

Jailers are a great enemy imo. Perfectly themed for pacifying prisoners. I like the lore for them too.

>tfw can't find that awesome concept art of the Jailer I had saved

>translated this and I felt miyazaki’s grin across the globe

>Pontiff Knights make a sharp click-clack noise when they walk in their armor
>You make a generic plodding noise when you walk in their armor
Why is this? I am so disappointed.

>X enemy does Y in their armor
>you don’t in their armor
Applicable to almost every set, From doesn’t want us to have fun

maybe because they're bony?

>SL30 with +2 weapon
>duel vs guy with splitleaf
ok

I found it

I honestly like the ingame proportions more

>SL30
you should probably have a +3/4 weapon by that point

What am I supposed to wear to look like a raggedy knight?

Pontiff Knight Armor is pretty raggedy

They both look good to me. I think the mask in the concept art gives them a more menacing appearance, but the lantern they're carrying is a bit too small. They have a tall, imposing appearance.

The ingame Jailers are tall, but not as imposing. Their inhumane shuffling makes them pretty creepy anyway though. I'm pretty sure they start laughing when they detect an enemy too.

>depraved remnants of nobility who simply get off on torture and confinement, even going so far as to imprison themselves and each other in those small cages that are scattered throughout the dungeon
I love it.

True, but the crown is a joke, and the poise is terrible.

I used
>Ragged Mask
>Sunset Armor
>(can't remember the gauntlets)
>Nameless Knight Leggings

wear knight's armor

Took me all day but I did it

The imposingness of the jailers is what I didn't like, it feels wrong for them to have such an unimpressed stature, as though they would just catch my swing with one hand. Something about the ingame ones looks more obsessive, like a basilisk.

Pisspants.

Late as fuck but went out for a bit, thanks user interesting to know.

Any tips for a first time SL30 twink build? Figured I’d start off with a knight and try to brute force my way to Farron Keep for the gru spear

>tfw made a new friend

I thick Aldrich devouter of GODS (plural) is a bit of wasted potential. Should have been a mishmash of many gods and not just a slug and Gywndolin.

Tip number 1 is to be sl20 if you really want to be a twink. There is very little difference between 20 and 30.

On that note, tip number 2 is to use the prisoner's chain.

Those are the tips.

I don't know what it is, but your character looks really fucking weird. I think it might be the size difference between the legs, torso, and arms.

redpill me on crawly blues

Anyone have an extra +0 Millwood Greatbow on PC they can trade?
I don't own AoA and I need something to coerce hosts and their phantoms to stop hiding in small rooms.

you gotta buy greatarrows for it fampai, I rushed it and can't ever use it because it costs too much

I know this. I don't have the stats for the Onislayer anymore but I miss having a greatbow as a supplementary tool

>poison past settlement range
>knight at low sl
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/263527

>tfw it's an obvious gank but the second red phantom starts wailing on you anyway
>the host and his gank squad run to your aid and drive off the bloodthirsty red
>only to immediately backstab you before you can heal
>as you're dying you can see the other red getting annihilated by the rest of the ganksquad
>mfw

>hexer/pyro build
>everything going smoothly, easiest playthrough of my life I didn't even try 0/10 I love this build
>get to elana

Use a lightning / magic weapon? You have the stats for it.

>killing champion at SL20
Goddamn user this sounds tough
Many thanks

What do you do while waiting for the host to appear?

Masturbate.

>second red phantom starts wailing on you
This is easily my biggest pet peeve when invading.

>2nd red starts rushing me but can’t hit me because I’m behind 7 backrolls
>stops to twitch his shield at me
>point at the gank squad watching us
>points down at me and keeps attacking
>I run off and gank squad all drop attack him
Red on red abuse needs to STOP

>killing champion at SL20
>parrying a guy a bunch at SL20
You can go through the whole game pretty easily if you do good damage and don't get killed in one hit. Most of your health comes from estus. Things like the millwood shield also will still give their full 2 hp/s when unupgraded, unlike blessed tools and Anri's SS. Use dark hand for dancer; she's weak to that damage type and the dark hand technically comes fully upgraded.

>Many thanks
I eventually made that build SL 20. I don't carry the chime on me usually, but I do have the one point of faith just incase:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/263532

You could move the point of faith to endurance, but 19 endurance with favor +3 is the first level to give 3 stam instead of 2, the next being 23. Also, don't use the life ring on builds that don't pass 27 vig. It isn't really worth it on invasion builds at all, you'll get more HP per invasion from the estus ring so long as you have enough HP to contain the HP added by the flask. 4th ring can be anything with the given fashion. you also have the option to use the knight's crossbow and lightning clutch, but the splash damage from lightning bolts in water is fixed to the bolt, so the knight's bow only adds damage to direct hits, and not very much at that. You have 16 dex anyway, so you may as well use explosive + lightning avelyn with a better 4th ring.

Infighting with reds can be fun depending on the circumstances. If it's just a lone host bravely fighting off waves of invaders, I'll usually defect and help him, then maybe even black crystal out if he doesn't want to do the 1v1 when we're done. But I can't understand the mindset of people that initiate red on red when the host is standing right in front of you with two sunbros behind him and they're all charging in and about to attack indiscriminately.

I only kill other reds if I can do it instantly or in one stunlock personally. Starting an attrition war with other reds is what's really bad for everyone.

>You have 16 dex anyway
14 I mean, I'm thinking of the avelyn's str req

I don't get what just happened.
>get summoned as a blue
>see red
>we start fighting
>I'm get a backstab and smoke him
>he starts roll souls 3
>starts spamming clap
>finally comes off and he heals
>I start shitting all over him
>make him use about 6 estus
>all the while he spams clap any time he can
>whole time host is watching
>I'm just using Claymore two handed
>host crystals me
Why was he clapping over and over and why black crystal me? It's not like I was spamming parries or doing some cancerous shit. Just normal playing.

backstab maybe? hard to tell what bothers players in these games

Wasn't even a weird backstab though. Dude literally stood still. Deselected, and ran at him and backstabbed

Butthurt as fuck. Host is probably his friend

Sorry user it was me and a bro having some fun, you got the laggiest backstab of 2017 so we had to mess with you for a bit.

"Devourer of Gods" doesn't necessarily mean he's devoured more than one god. "Devourer of God" doesn't sound as good for a title, it's common to put plural the second word (like "Husband to Bears" when he only fucked one)
That said, I 100% agree, Gwyndolin 2.0 is just lazy.

Is it possible that he devoured Gods that just weren’t important enough to note?

I use
>lapp's helm
>sunset armour
>lapp's gauntlets
>sunset leggings
>hawkwood's shield

Like did't he eat Smough as well? (Ironic is't it?) Smough + Gywndolon might have been cool. Add in Priscilla (since we dont see her) and you got something on your hands.

It would have been atleast implied I think. And devouring any god, no mater how "important" would be worthy of note and important since they are a god.

Can someone explain the Ledo’s meme? I don’t see how I could build a character who needs 60 STR without going full 120SL and no VIG

You two-hand it.

>the amazing chest he would have if he ate gwynevere

So 33 STR, that still only leaves 27 points open.

does that mean canonically that Ornstein got smushed by Smough in ds1

Any tips for a lowish-level big boy poise boy build (sl 40-50)?

Two-handing gives you a 1.5x Str bonus. So you just need to hit the Str soft-cap of 40, and you'll be able to wield Ledo's. Either that, or equip PChain and do a full 66 Str build.

Yes, that is the canon.
>and for whatever reason he will keep on being referenced in sequels by a shitty boss fight that fails to capture his original skill

It's seriously not hard.
get a UGS/UGH, get to 40-ish poise using Chain, Wolf+3, FAP and Havels.
Equip whatever heavy armor looks nice and leaves you with enough room for a sidearm like a ss or something.

how are the dual wielded weapons now? back before the DLCs i used the twinspears and they were great save for the fact anyone would just estus 15 times before i could kill them

doing a dex/int build now to try out friede's scythe, are any of the paired weapons worth it with infusions like winged knight axes, gotthard twinswords or sellsword twinblades?

Wield an ultra weapon so that any poise that you do have is more effective. All the more so for an invader who may have to contend with two guys swinging at him at the same time.

youtube.com/watch?v=S9i6R8pgSL8

Gotthards is fun with Crystal infusion, Sellswords are meme-y so you'd be better off buffing them and keeping them sharp or raw

kept 'em sharp like most of my weapons, have CMW for buffing is gotthard's worth going full int with crystal or does it warrant keeping some amount of dex aside from requirements?

Is das3 good yet? Is it still straightsword city and invasions being fucking annoying because of red friendly fire? I didn't really feel like replaying it after the first time but I'm getting the hint of a hankerin' after replaying 2 a bunch of times.
I feel like that will go away again when I get to the swamp followed by the other swamp with neither swamp being a fun swamp like Blighttown's.

after ds1 i cant imagine the straight sword will go away as being all around easy mashable r1-status, especially with buffs, dunno about invasions they seem easier overall but i haven't done a ton of 120 invasions yet mostly in the 70~90 range which are far easier than they were at launch

how the fuck do you deal with ledo? i cannot get near him because he keeps spamming his WA.
like fucksake; NPC phantoms shouldn't have infinite focus

Priscilla is a halfbreed so I don't think she'd count as a god, but at any rate he didn't eat her. He only dreamt about her and would probably go for her if you hadn't killed him before digesting Gwyndolin
Unless Aldrich is the CU, Smough lived through the encounter (assuming he was eaten by Aldrich as the set's acquisition implies). It's all a convoluted mess, but here's what I think happened (so that few things are really retconned)
>Smough is the only dude left, along with a handful of silver knights
>bunch of illusions around though (or did the rest just leave once Gwynevere is booped?)
>CU challenges Smough
>Ornstein is summoned in, in an equivalent Spear of the Church covenant (he's actually out looking for the Firstborn)
>Smough is probably killed first, Ornstein absorbs his soul (later used to resurrect him this is the part of the gods' power, being able to resurrect people by reintroducing their soul to their body, which is why absorbing the soul of your fallen ally was a tradition)
>Ornstein is defeated, loses his soul(? or part of it?), Smough's soul is used later offscreen to rez him
It's probably far from the truth, but I prefer it to simply taking the easy way out with "who cares, lul, memeyahacki, amirite?"

Bait him into doing a regular R2 then punish it, or let him do his WA, dodge into him at the end of it and punish.
Alternatively, hug him and hope you can backstep fish outside of his massive hit box

so what's the deal with the corvians? like the settlement and the random claw/rapier crow creature destroying them what's the whole deal there

Corvians are friede’s legion, the bird people being killed are your average joes who want the flame back (evidenced by one who talks to you). The corvian knights keep them in line by regularly slaughtering them

What do I name my new knight? I’m tired of the same medieval shit

Jimmy

Sir Epic Winsington

Scipio

Paladin Yorlin.

lmao glad this is still a meme

>it’s alive

sl98 ps4 can anyone help me with the fucking sif clone, the NPC just fucking blocks everything after 50% until sif lite kills me

fuck I hate the Ringed City Swamp
>Adjucator summoning Leto and halflight, killed me while talking to lapp
>got shot by a fuckton of arrows as soon as i left the shortcut entrance to the mines near Midir
>Clerics casting their damage circles without even seeing one
Throw in stupid ass bugs, Dragonshitter armor and poisebeasts that are the ringed knights, and you have this shit abyss

Has science gone too far?

Beats me, might have just been "passive play" but that's the game and it's an invasion anyway.
>tfw just saw a host crystal an AFK blue the other day just to keep a retarded watchdog from getting free grass

can't fit this into a postable webm:
youtube.com/watch?v=lpX7mfypCHs&feature=youtu.be

Cancer host being cancer. Sometimes I run into host who summon there friends as red phantoms, usually they'll have the little blue level scaled icon next to their name making it easy to figure what's up. Never realized how this faggotry effects other phantoms because I only ever invade.

In my 1100hrs in game I'm glad I've never had to suffer the humiliation of having my whole squad wiped out by a single invader, or worse having them wiped out multiple times and having to run like a whipped bitch and get fucked anyways, or even worse having all that happen to me and disconnect at the last second in the most completely humiliating concession of defeat.

I wish I could see their faces when they do that, I wonder if I've ever made someone so upset that they just went back to bed.

Remember Snake, this is a sneaking mission

I'm still getting people trying to parry ultra weapons, well into 3's lifespan. What gives?

parryfisher = no skill, why would noskill know what they can and can't parry?

If I play 1 for a while then go back to 3 I'll do stupid shit like press B to slide down ladders. Killed myself in an invasion today like that before even finding the host.

I've only been getting back into das3 this past week after dropping it for other stuff for a couple months, I tend to check peoples steam profiles when I invade and I've notices that like 70% of the people I'm running into have less than 100hrs in game, so idk why but it seems like there has been a spike in new players.