/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1128 - Sonic Fighter Sonic 3 Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WosV9Y4l79Y
youtube.com/watch?v=adusqoIA6Y4
youtube.com/watch?v=4O9m3lGnXPs
youtube.com/watch?v=tPJyntLWQQM
youtube.com/watch?v=_Jtpf8N5IDE
youtube.com/watch?v=xE21Rde8VDU
images.tomy.com/skins/media/_2018TOMYCatalogpdf
youtu.be/_SBKj5ofGVw
youtu.be/oTJtkEVL-7I
soniclightofhope.tumblr.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw tgt is over

My favorite game.

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

*throws mom*
Seriously tho, I kinda wish we got more Shadow interaction with Rouge in Forces. I love Team Dark.

It had a pretty strong run.

>tfw Light of hope is about to start

Give him a 2nd chance /sthg/

youtube.com/watch?v=WosV9Y4l79Y

Shadows's interactions with Omega>Shadow's interactions with Rouge.

youtube.com/watch?v=adusqoIA6Y4

>hunnid p guest starring in fan Sonic songs
Holy shit, he cannot move on

I already like we*k Jackal, tho. If he ever shows up again, I hope he's unmasked.

>yfw Rouge will die in Shadow's lifetime
Immortality is a bitch.

Requesting simple things to draw, no lewd or romance.

Draw a dragon

...her Holo-Lynx form truly IS her Fursona.

How could I have missed this?

>Holy shit, he cannot move on
What's wrong with that?

Goodnight /sthg/.

Sonic and Honey fighting inside a boxing/wrestling ring. (ropes are lines in the background if that's simple enough for you)

*smol!*

Metropolis mayhem > Seaside denied

>It took Sonic, Shadow, Eggman, Amy, Nurples, Tails, and sticks to take down Metal Sonic in the last episode of Boom

Truly pathetic how people think Metal isnt the best character. Organicfags btfo

Charmy and Espio playing Chess

CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER
youtube.com/watch?v=4O9m3lGnXPs

tfw metal will never be the villain of another sonic game ever agian

So what IS light of hope?
A comic? A fanfic? A game?

youtube.com/watch?v=tPJyntLWQQM

Thread theme desu

Amy still loves Sonic after all these years, she's pretty loyal to the blue rat.

The Boom dudes are scrubs. Modern or Classic Sonic could have beaten him one-on-one.

The only good echidna is a dead echidna

youtube.com/watch?v=_Jtpf8N5IDE

AAH, SAVE ME SONIC

This tells me nothing, you memer.
I'm serious, what is it?

If its just some glorified fanfic with over 50k words, I can easily go to FFNet and find something of similar length and quality.

His popularity is growing with every piece of media. Seriously, during the dark ages he wasn't even around. Now he's in everything because people love him.
Lol sure thing organicfag, stay mad your fav characters are inferior.

Brother, shall we purge the organics?

ᵛᵉʳʸ ˢᵐᵒᶫ

>huggu user has just given up
Based Mom Thrower user

shame he doesn't love her back

time for instant PTSD
youtube.com/watch?v=xE21Rde8VDU

But does love her as a friend.

The next game will change that.

Is she, dare I say it, the most attractive Sonic character ever made?

Sure thing, Amy.

gotta keep trying pink rat

New Tomy catalog for 2018 dropped.

images.tomy.com/skins/media/_2018TOMYCatalogpdf

135 for Sonic

>New Boom merchandise
Kind of odd, maybe the series isn't dead? Also it looks like pic related Metal Sonic, Cubot, and sticks big head plushes have been scrapped fuck you sega I would kill for that Metal Sonic plush. New plushes as well for Modern characters, even Vector is getting a plush, what the fuck.

Apparently there's a modern/classic Tails and Metal Sonic combo figures being released with original exclusive comics for each pack, it looks like the comics are done by Sonic team themselves.

The most interesting part of this however is all the Chao merchandise. Why the sudden resurgence of the chaos? Maybe Sega has something planned?

Sonic x Honey could be a fun pairing

Fuck forgot image

A character of your choice eating a really hot pepper.

Chris-Chan vs Our Sparky. Who wins?

Silver, skinned, yelling I'M FREE!

Draw a dragon girl

I didn't think of it either until I saw the doctor guy in Universe that made her.
Lilac wasn't much for inspiration, so I attempted to find a happy medium between Dulcy and a generic fantasy dragon. I didn't think to leave white going down the middle under her chin until after I put it on the tail, so that's missing.

Chris has pepper spray, and sparky has annoyance. They both knock each other out, resulting in a draw.

I'm pretty shocked there's only one piece of Infinite merch. I'd gladly buy a plush of him.

>it looks like the comics are done by Sonic team themselves.
I believe it's the Sonic Channel comics they did for an anniversary. Properly translated as they were never officially translated.

>The most interesting part of this however is all the Chao merchandise. Why the sudden resurgence of the chaos? Maybe Sega has something planned?
Aaron told us the best way to bring back the Chao Garden is to buy Chao merch. Get them to notice the numbers and people willing to spend money.

something to do with infinite

I will, but will Sonic Team?

I wouldnt buy the toy of a WEAKLING

>best way to bring back chao garden is buy merch
>buy more merch -Aaron

I know he probably wasnt trying to come off that way, but jesus Aaron, choose your words better.

Oh cute! I threw that out as a joke but hey thanks dude

>that metal Sonic plush
ITS NOT FAIR

But he's a huggable weakling!

I get what you mean, though essentially there really isn't much more to do. Aaron's already had fans scream for it at conventions and the like. In front of Iizuka no less.

>silver sonic
kek

Knuckles eating a popcorn bucket full of ants

Its honestly mind boggling. A mobile Chao Garden game would make them a mountain of cash.
>Release Chao garden for mobile
>raise Chao from eggs
>a mini game where you collect rings to buy things like
>decorations, food, toys, different gardens, accessories, other eggs, pictures, music
>visit other gardens and interact or play with Chao to earn stuff

The only reason I can think of that Sega doesn't wanna do this is because they hate money.

It's really better served in the actual games. Adds a fuck ton of replayability/reason to replay the games since Sonic games aren't really long.

>Sonic games aren't really long.
Is this a joke? Forces took me almost 3 hours to beat and the stages were way too long. Sonic games need to be about 7 acts long with each act last lasting less than a minute and no branching paths.

This is quality bait here, folks. Learn from this anons shining example.

Decided to doodle something before bed.
Probably gonna get deleted though

>calling sarcasm bait

That was a jab at Sega, not bait. I think you've been here for too long if you can't hold a normal conversation without thinking every response is bait.

youtu.be/_SBKj5ofGVw

youtu.be/oTJtkEVL-7I

God this music is so magical

What a nice image to go to bed to.

Oh yes

Windy and Ripply is the ultimate beach level song in this series.
FUCKING SONIC TEAM, MAKE JUN LEAD COMPOSER AGAIN, FUCK

Nice to see you Yoto

Shadow can not die.

flying upside down behind someone like a haunt

StoryAnon here. Well, got home. Are you ready for the bible? Feel free to ask any and all questions, and share any suggestions or concerns.

Do you plan to have any art for it? Maybe get some drawfags in on it.

What is Light of Hope? Here you go!
Some art has been done, the user who likes to be credited as just the user form /sthg/ for example with the little notebook and pen has come up with some wonderful concepts for the characters. Another known face is working on a "cover" for this year's holiday special. Stay tuned!

Of course, the more community input collaboration, the better!

>drawfag working on a cover and concepts
Nice.

NOTE: some of this will be text pasted, not posted as pics.

Where will Light of Hope be accessed?

Light of Hope in its entirety will be accessible on a Tumblr page (no, the project is not moving to Tumblr, the work is just being archived there). There are some benefits to this approach.

1. It allows for update notifications for followers.

2. It allows for easy accessibility on any device.

3. While this started with one person, artist, editors, and other writers may be involved. Even though we are all from /sthg/, we must respect the fact that some, especially artists, might want credit. This allows for all our contributions to appear in one place, giving credit to those that want it, and allows them to repost their contributions elsewhere should they wish.

4. It allows for an index, a searchable rolling archive, which will be immensely useful due to the timeline. See TIMELINE section for more info.

soniclightofhope.tumblr.com

TIMELINE

see pic

Freedom Highger/Hero Groups and new divisions

np
Turned out a bit messier than I'd hoped, but here's this.

You know the material, you know the canon, you know the world. Even if you end up just guiding and okaying things in the future, I can tell this is off to a bright start.

Ian would be proud of you. You've clearly done some homework.

morning drawfriend. I'm super grateful for this! I love you man. You said you weren't sure about the outfit, so I figured I'd ask if you had any new ideas for it. I'm perfectly happy with this one, but if you wanna do another drawing that's cool too.

only thing I thought about was maybe she should have two small fangs instead of one larger one to distinguish her from Fang and his big snaggletooth?

anyway thanks again dude

Oddly enough, the fluffiness contest could also double as a "Who's More Anime!" content.

Fire breathing bee!

Give her a cooler outfit but keep the paws pls. Yes I'm the one who asked the other day.

No one ever really Penders, you know?

I want to see nic the weasel polishing her star wars figurines.

Thank you, this means so much to me. I love these comics, I've read over 350 of them, and I want to try to do my best. Thank you for all the suggestions, concerns, and critiques. I want this to end up being something we can all be proud of.
New and Returning faces

Wendy supercharging Amy's hammer until it's fifteen feet tall and too heavy to hold!