/mhg/ Monster Hunter General

Rathalos Set Edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP
↳Second beta period on PS4 available from the 22nd to the 26th, does not require PS+, starts at 12 noon EST.
↳Third Fleet Trailer 12/8: youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaU9kpA8Q
↳Paris Trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

warlegend.net/monster-hunter-world-interview-de-capcom-durant-paris-games-week-2017/
exhentai.org/g/719503/94c09a7d0d/
youtube.com/watch?v=y5HUDcl8wHE
youtube.com/watch?v=POQIH5KyUjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

REMOVE RATHS

First for you're a faggot

first for no furfags

Huntresses

Play MHFU

Does /mhg/ like my figures?
Sorry for image quality
Ignore SOTC figure and card captor figure, that's a xmas gift for a friend

y no chameleos in mhw :(

only if you polish my lance

2/2

i have so many of them builder figures user, but i really like the heads fro, tri i got, lagi and los

tfw no chameleos in mhw :(((

tfw no underwater combat in world

Those are pretty cool. My two weapon figures are from the 10th aniversary and glad I got the red rook

>it's STILL not the 22nd
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PSN is going down on the 24th user, have fun playing for 2 days.

Do I need to redownload another beta if I still have the one from the PS+ exclusive run?

Why are Apceros so fucking angry with the hunter?

No. It's the exact same content, just another round of testing, now with more players.

Besides 3u what other games should I play with cemu?

I feel like a kid in a candy store since I never owned a wiiu.

>finally install MHO after horus of tinkering
>patch is out of date by like 0.00.001 of a version
t-thanks

BOTW
maybe a Mario game
>tfw when AMD GPU so no UI/HUD 3U and sub 30fps, stuttering BOTW

Smash
Tropical Freeze
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart
BOTW
3D World

There's more, but I don't know how well they run at this point in time. Personally I'm waiting for Xeno X and Pikmin 3, but people say they currently run like dogshit.

>playing p3rd as newfag
>mfw get the urgent to hunt a qurupeco
Will I be fine with my Full Jaggi + Rugged GS (green sharpness)? The lady told me that he might summon another monster to fight me.

Is Monster Hunter World going to be a good gateway into the series?

you'll be fine just bring poop bombs

Peco is an annoying shit and you need at least green to not fucking bounce all over the place. It's an easy fight that's just annoying.

As for the monster summon just dung bomb it for it to leave the area. Or kill it if you want.

Throw dung bombs if a second monster appears

You'll be fine. It's just low rank Peco.

>sub 30fps, stuttering BOTW
To be fair that's most people unless you have a real beefy rig.

I get 28-30 in the overworld and 20~24 in towns. It has gotten better as I kept playing though.
Had I not downloaded those shaders that game would have been unplayable with all the stuttering.

Good thing I've been grabbing some poop before now, just made 10 bombs. Thanks friends. Also, how is switch-axe in this game?

Pretty strong, especially Zin SA, since it's the flagship and all.

Sauce me fampai

In world they're non aggro

I've heard people say that work for the PC version of MHW hasn't started yet and others say it has, which is it?

3 days until beta 2 my dudes

Until you steal their eggs.

So is /mhg/ worry about the 50 hour story content?
I know that is more then before but there's no more G-rank and with Guild and village merge to one, Isn't 50 hour story basically the whole game?
I'm kinda scare lads.

warlegend.net/monster-hunter-world-interview-de-capcom-durant-paris-games-week-2017/

I don't understand meme language user

The PC version was announced the very same day all the other console versions did.
The MT Framework engine the game uses is cross-platform by design. And current gen consoles are basically custom PC boxes anyway.
But in a recent interview the producer said "the PC version release (date?) is undecided" whatever that means, and that they want to "finish working on the console (read PS4) version first".

Nope. Story has nothing to do with longevity as far as MH is concerned to me.

Yeah, and you completely stopped playing 4U when you beat village Shagaru
And you stopped playing when you fought Rusted Kush in village
And you stopped playing when you fought Gogmazios in G-Rank

Stop being retarded

Google translate the first question dumbass

the first question mentioning PC*

Is World gonna run ok on a normal PS4? Also, still no news on the PC release right?

Not at all. Just some meme number they threw out just for normies to go "Oooo look it's longer than 40 hours that's great!" They know any serious monster hunter fans will keep playing like Said

It runs at 1fps on the ps4 at all times and the PC version released 8 days ago

God bless /g/, finally got Veeky Forums x working again.

exhentai.org/g/719503/94c09a7d0d/

Have you even played a monhun in your life? The main stories have never crossed 30 hours time. Half the time your main mission time was inflated because it was never marked what the actual story hunts were so you ended up doing everything.

Yeah not to mention the """story""" in generations lasts like 15 hours at most if you stick to key quests (which is ALL of what the story is going to have in MHW)

Any actual answers on the PS4 thing?

game runs fine on PS4

It runs about as well as monster hunter usually does. Never goes below 20, but never stays at a solid 30.

The game was pretty much made for PS4Pro.

>more than before
Here I spent 100 hours playing Dos village.

Non Pro as well? I kinda want one anyways for the 4k but pisses me off that it's almost twice as expensive than the normal one.

game runs okay on standard/slim ps4, i assume it holds a solid 30 or higher on ps4 with FPS priority selected

getting a pro just for MHW is not worth it 2bh

Pro in frame rate mode gets 50 to 60 frames. Graphics and Resolution modes lock it at 30 frames. Resolution mode is pretty much better on 1080p monitors thanks to downsampling but it holds steady on a 4k TV. I don't know if World has HDR support though which is probably a better deal than straight 4k upres.

>phial awakening boosts raw damage by around 8% on top of adding another 10 MV on top of every single attack
Who thought this shit was a good idea?

probably the same fucklechuck with a vendetta against Axe Mode that had the great idea of adding Demon Riot and Energy Charge into X/XX.

A man of culture

>with a vendetta against Axe Mode
World is the first game where SA actually uses axe mode.

SA was laughably underpowered in 4U, and they gutted all of sword mode's mobility in return and make people actually use axe mode. It seems fine to me, the weapon isn't even getting top times in the beta.

hot-glue when?

youtube.com/watch?v=y5HUDcl8wHE

What did they mean by this

god fucking damn driven by the stars is good
im gonna lose my shit if we get a crazy arranged version during the final phase of bazelgeuse

I wasn't gonna get it JUST for mhw, it just kinda feels like a waste to get the normal one if I have a 4k TV, that price difference is garbage though. Guess I'll hope for a price drop after christmas.

Do you think there will be set bonuses that require more or fewer than 3 pieces to activate?

God i wish my local shop will have the deluxe version when release day hit, i really don't want to buy digital

If only that'd be true. All my local shops are shit-tier and considering i live in SEAland it's unlikely i can play day 1 without buying the digital. This is about the only game i can't hold off buying til the physical copy hits tho

That kind of contradicts the purpose of a set bonus, doesn't it?

Why would it?

Is this Legiana? Didn't know the face looked like that

yes

Woah shit, i thought he was insect-like based on his wing shape in the trailers

Me too. Surprised to see the bird-like face. Also what the fuck even is that video

>replaying 4U
>get to first wyvern egg quest
>run around whole map looking for Rathian to fuck her up
>after 3 minutes remember there's a cutscene in the nest area
i forgot about all these fucking cutscenes
konchus get a cutscene. zamites get a cutscene. goddammit

You can't even skip them either.

Anyone wanna play some new characters in p3rd on emulator?
I played maybe 10 hours or so a few years ago and wanna try again.

Is it not a reference to this?

youtube.com/watch?v=POQIH5KyUjI

So, going based on the trailers and how they haven't shown us the corpse monster, and the design of the mural I have a feeling there is some kind of traditional Capcom boss style progression.

It seems like we'll do the Zorah siege/subjugation quest, be introduced to Nergigante, then fight four boss dragons in the regular maps before fighting Nergigante again. Then finally the star monster.

Yep

Teostra
Lunastra
Kushala
Alatreon

>Teostra
>Lunastra
>Kirin
>Oroshi Kirin
For what purpose?

Not a true elder dragon

Pfft, no. There are still new monsters that haven't been revealed. They're not going to integrate old elders into the story.

Alatreon is on a completely different level from Teostra or Kushala. We're talking fucking worlds apart.

>the story
What do you mean by that?
There's a list of key (story) quests, and a separate one for optional quests. But do you really believe they'd just sweep all the old monsters, including elders, under this rag leaving only the new ones in the key quests?

>Alatreon
Kek no

Absolutely.

Let's also be completely honest. All the old elders are just going to be event quests for Ryozo's pet project of doing MonHun and Dos style online events again. They'll tie those events into the elder crossing post game shit and suddenly an alert will come up that another Elder Dragon has been spotted coming in from across the ocean.

>worlds

>They'll tie those events into the elder crossing post game shit and suddenly an alert will come up that another Elder Dragon has been spotted coming in from across the ocean.
That's actually not a bad idea. Are you Ryozo?

Rusted
Kushala
Daora
*drops mic*

>have to wait months to fight those monsters
>launch roster of maybe 25 monsters at most
Pls no

These threads are deader than usual. Is it because hiro went full scam jew and not enough people know where to get the new block scripts?

>only new monsters made from scratch get to be in the game world
>all returning monsters are special time event only online quests
Also get ready for them to bring back underwater combat in the first major expansion since Australia and the Pacific Islands are the inspiration for Monster Hunter World.

Feel like I've seen this sideways claw before, but maybe I'm imagining things.

burgers are still asleep or headed to work m8
it's also a downtime between beta dates

Because it's not its leg I bet. It probably uses corpses somehow, and in truth it's some sort of carrion slug monster or something. Kinda like Nakarkos was.

>not enough people know where to get the new block scripts
Where do you get them?