/pg/ - Persona General

Previous Takamaki Tuesday Edition

NEWS
>Atlus' online shop is now open: shop.atlus.com/
>Yukiko confirmed for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle: personacentral.com/yukiko-announced-playable-persona-character-blazblue-cross-tag-battle/
>Chie confirmed for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle: personacentral.com/chie-announced-playable-persona-character-blazblue-cross-tag-battle/
>Yosuke confirmed for BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle: personacentral.com/yosuke-announced-playable-persona-character-blazblue-cross-tag-battle/
>Persona 4 featured in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle: personacentral.com/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-announced-features-persona-4-arena/
>Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night revealed: persona-dance.jp/
>Persona Q2 revealed: pq2.jp
>Persona 5 anime coming in 2018: personacentral.com/persona-5-animation-announced-air-2018/

GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona ISOs
mega.nz/#F!5iQAGTLB!U1LUUTLtawRdsWSDDFSAQQ
>Persona Concerts - 2008 to 2017
pastebin.com/L19y0r5X
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE

MANGA
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-MzPga31K98
personacentral.com/shin-megami-tensei-iv-sells-over-600k-worldwide-greatest-hits-release-announced-for-japan/
strawpoll.me/14646113
youtube.com/watch?v=VXeL4Iwh11w
gematsu.com/2017/12/catherine-full-body-new-endings-episodes-anime-sexy-events-online-support
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anal with Makoto!

Claiming this sexy svelte, suave seductress.
Best model.
Most compassionate.
I'm so proud of Ann. I love her.

Happy Takamaki Tuesday! Let's see if this succubus will visit me in my dreams tonight.
Night Personababs.

I love you too!

Cold steel is better than Persona ;)

youtube.com/watch?v=-MzPga31K98
Thread theme

She's mine /pg/

>not posting Anne wearing the catherine costume

I don't think I've seen actual art of that, just screenshots

>Anne is sweaty!
>Anne is buxom!
>Anne is beautiful!
>Anne is happy!
>Anne is wet!
>Anne is cute!
>Anne is flexible!
>Anne is an angel!
>Anne is lewd!
>Anne is sad!
>Anne is silly!
>Anne is for kisses!
>Anne is stylish!
>Anne is for sexual!
>Anne is awesome!
>Anne is sultry!
>Anne is pure!
>Anne is amused!
>Anne is quality!
>Anne is Lovers!
>Anne is canon!
>Anne is an apricot!
>Anne is an actress!
>Anne is a model!
>Anne is thankful!
>Anne is Santa Claus!
>Anne is Anne, not Ann!
>Anne is best girl!

egde

>safe
>easy
>normal
>hard
wat do for my first run?

Also is there a way to change voices to jap? I didn't see it in the options.

Why not rename this to Atlus general

Normal, the game is beyond easy. If you want jap voices you have to download it from the PSN store

yes

You have to download the jp voices off PSN and then do it from the config menu
start on hard

Don't be an ass. Catherine is a persona team game and not Vincent was in P3P.

so how's it going tonight /pg/

Ok thanks senpai. Are they worth it or is the dub alright?
I couldn't stand the dub in 4 with english people using nip suffixes all over the place

lovekoto

There are some pronunciation issues with a few names, but other than that it's alright.

>chad p-team "catherine" sold over million copies
>virgin creative department 1st production "SMT4" only sold 600k

What went wrong with Atlus CD1P?

haha yeah let's ignore every stiff sentence that comes out of Makoto's mouth, Haru's voice, Futaba's voice, and the average to mediocre quality pretty much every other voice besides Sojiro, Goro and Shido

SMT V will save us

I personally didn't have a problem with them. If you prefer sub, then go for it.

Sony console as opposed to Nintendo console
Now ask why P5 and Catherine aren't coming to Switch

Maniacs team stuck in the past while the newer people were either stuck living in Persona 4 or really wanted to be working on Persona 5 instead but got pulled off of that project because they needed money
On top of that Catherine got to spend money because Hashino projects always get the big budgets while SMTIV didn't

>600k
for real?

tuturu~

dub > sub

away
away

>I couldn't stand the dub in 4 with english people using nip suffixes all over the place
Then use the JP audio. Honorifics are still in, and although they are a bit rarer, they stuck out far more in terms of delivery than P4 to me. But the script is really badly suited to being dubbed - it sounds like a very literal anime translation and hearing lines like that read aloud sounds awful, at least to me. The name pronunciation is also shit, nobody can say any of their names correctly, and it's really bad.

I could honestly stomach P4's dub even if I didn't love it or anything, but P5's was far too bad for me to tolerate - since you can switch language at will I played like the first half of the first dungeon dubbed and switched to Jap and it was night and day. The voice acting in the Jap dub for P5 is much more "legitimate," characters over-exaggerate their lines much less and it sounds like they are actually recording their lines in the same room as opposed to just in a booth. There's also one other aspect of the game that I feel they really dropped the ball with in the dub, while the Jap audio absolutely nails it and I would recommend the Jap audio based on that alone, but it'd be a spoiler to elaborate on that.

The one thing that's worth noting is that you need to enable anime cutscene subtitles in the setting since they're off by default and there are two cutscenes in the game that are missing a few subtitles for some lines - one is in the first hour of the game and is basically pointless (they say that a certain incident has had no casualties), and there's one later on one that's a pivotal scene but it's incredibly obvious what's being talked about based on the context so I doubt you need to worry.

i am looking forward to ashley burch taking over as catherine like she did for rise in p4 dan

dual audio please atlus dear god

yeah its official
personacentral.com/shin-megami-tensei-iv-sells-over-600k-worldwide-greatest-hits-release-announced-for-japan/

NISA + P5 translation getting trashed on social media for all the wrong reasons gave them a reason to never do dubs ever again

>dub industry is so bad a part-timer won best VA in the Game award last week

I played P4G undubbed and the English script isn't even using the correct forms of address.

Haru but cuter

>Okumura's dad would never buy him a model for his hobby
>would go into CRIPPLING DEBT to LOAN MONEY despite owning a struggling business
What the FUCK was that retard's problem?

This new Catherine stands out like a fucking sore thumb. It's like they dropped a 110% anime girl in a grounded western setting. For christ's sake she's dressed like fucking Miku

P4 was weird like that, P3 did it too and you had weird shit like "Yukaricchi" being changed to "Yuka-tan".I imagine in those games they just had honorifics to make it "feel more legitimate" which is ironic since incorrect usage of them actually does the opposite does the opposite. P5 isn't; Honorific usage is 1:1 in P5, likely because the game had dual audio and that shit would stick out like a sore thumb.

lol

Haru butt !

too bad that didn't stop P5 from being one of the worst written games ever made

>tfw Ashley Burch didn't voice anyone in p5

this but unironically

absolutely obsessed

Would you the neet /pg/?

kek

Important question
strawpoll.me/14646113
strawpoll.me/14646113
strawpoll.me/14646113

It's pretty much a given that it will have dual audio. We got P5 with dual audio, and Atlus claimed that would "be the new standard for their localizations going forward" and Dragon's Crown Pro is another Atlus game getting a PS4 rerelease and this time round it's going to have dual audio when the original didn't. I'd say Atlus are going to be dual audio always going forward.

That said, their 3DS titles are still dub-only, but I imagine that's probably just a size restriction thing - the Strange Journey remake has only Japanese audio, so it seems they are totally capable of licensing them, it's just fitting them on the cart. Having it as free DLC would be a good solution but I guess they don't think it's worth it since I think Nintendo charges companies to put free DLC on their store.

Atlus has been releasing a lot of sub-only titles lately, like Utawaremono, KOFXIV, Caligula, etc. I think they are just more interested in doing smaller scale titles that they don't expect to sell as well, and don't bother dubbing them for that reason. I don't think it's what you're claiming. The weird thing to me is that Utawaremono's localization is fucking fantastic, but P5's is really stiff and feels rushed, yet they really ought to be putting the effort into the latter given how much more of a big deal it is.
Strange Journey Redux is an oddity, but I imagine they just don't expect it to sell well enough to pay off the cost of dubbing given that it's a 3DS title in 2018. I wonder if they'll do the same for PQ, since that will be coming out even later.

Would I kill myself? Absolutely

Why are they ruining Catherine Fuck Buddy with some anime horseshit girl

t. Labrysfag

>Ashley Burch is in Horizon Zero Dawn
kek even fucking ashley burch is too big of a VA for atlus usa to hire
soon they'll be hiring anons from /pg/ to dub the games

Yeah, a thing that stuck was how nips usually address other people with their surnames.
So when you rescued Rise and she said that just calling her Rise is fine now that dialogue was missing in the English script since they had characters address each other using their given names from the get-go.

>/pg/ user ruining persona

It seems so dumb for them to go out of their way to not only keep honorifics, but to actually add them to a bunch of dialogue where it wasn't before, and yet then choose to remove a bunch of stuff that actually does give credibility to the way the characters address each other like using surnames initially. I legitimately don't understand their thinking process there, it's like they initially translated the script with no honorifics and planned to remove all of that stuff, but then later on went "oh shit lets put in honorifics" so they hastily threw them in there willy nilly.

People shit on P5's localization and claim P4's was so much better, but P4's has a bunch of dumb shit in it and I felt it was just as stiff in terms of writing as P5 is. At least P5 handles honorifics correctly and has stuff like Ryuji calling Anne by her surname until they actually become friends. If anything, criticizing the P5 localization and calling the P4 one better is probably a really harmful ideology since it encourages the stupid nonsensical decisions that were being made back then, and they're likely only saying this because they're ignorant to what was changed in P4's localization and played the game a fair while ago.

Have you ever played an Atlus game before in your life? This is what they've always done, ever since they stopped paying for crossover characters like Dante

Any Futabafags and Aoi Yuukifags that posts past this shall be cursed

Aoi Yuuki did a great job as Futaba

Futaba!

According to popular superstition, saying "Macbeth" inside of a theater will put a curse on you

Who are you?

I dont care that the story sucks, it has social links and dating and defeating a god with friendship, thats all I need. If you arent here for these three things then get the fuck out of /pg/ .

I’m Nobody! Who are you?
Are you – Nobody – too?
Then there’s a pair of us!
Don’t tell! they’d advertise – you know!

How dreary – to be – Somebody!
How public – like a Frog –
To tell one’s name – the livelong June –
To an admiring Bog!

>I dont care that the story sucks
but it doesn't suck, and it doesn't have social links

he means p4

BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=VXeL4Iwh11w
I would be way more excited for this if it weren't guaranteed that the new girl is going to be the worst thing about the game as per usual. Hopefully the stream will change that. The only question is who is going to restream it

It's a wig/she's an SJW and she will be Atlus' commentary on how much worse the west has gotten since the original game came out

The program will be hosted by three voice actors who were featured in the game:

Jun Fukuyama (P5 Protagonist)
Aoi Yuuki (Futaba Sakura)
Soichira Hoshi (Goro Akechi)

other waifufags btfo

Agreed.

It's nice because while Anne is still my favorite I still love Futaba anyway and I also enjoy groo and what he's done to this shitty general

>can't decide which girl to romance
>end up romancing none of them because I don't want to hurt the others
>every damn game

Look at my asshole

>DSN/DMN not on Switch
>PQ2 not on Switch
>No PQ remake for Switch
>Catherine not on Switch but somehow on the fucking VITA
>P5 remake won't be on switch either at this rate
>just SMTV

Why does Atlus hate money

t.bought a switch and has nothing to play other than mario

not true XC2 is on it and it's miles better than anything Atlus has put out, but especially P5

Makoto sitting on a cake

For real?

I'm a little lonely, but I'm still thinking of you, Chihiro
For you and your Justice
I miss you in my life

>ywn study with her

>releasing a 3DS game in 2018
Atlus love dead consoles the most

Canon, user!

Kawakami a kawacutie

Yooooooo nigga

What is Atlus's obsession with shoehorning Poochies into their remasters?

Atherine
Batherine
Datherine
Eatherine
Fatherine
Gatherine
Hatherine
Iatherine
Jatherine
Latherine
Matherine
Natherine
Oatherine
Patherine
Qatherine
Ratherine
Satherine
Tatherine
Uatherine
Vatherine
Watherine
Xatherine
Yatherine
Zatherine

キャサリン

gematsu.com/2017/12/catherine-full-body-new-endings-episodes-anime-sexy-events-online-support
>STILL don't have enough people for re fantasy

>voiced by Aya Hirano
guess shes a slut then, maybe she'll fuck the entire bar

Which comes out first: PRF or Persona 6?

>we want the fan service audience
jesus fuck

>Never played the masterpiece

wait is this another version of an old game
what the fuck is the point of that just make persona 6

I liked Catherine, I wouldn't call it a masterpiece though - it's a total mess in terms of story. Worse than any Persona game for sure and it doesn't have much in the way of characters to back it up this time either.
Fucking great gameplay though, I loved the block puzzles and the difficulty.
But this famitsu piece reads like they're just interested in making the game fan-servicey as fuck. The original game definitely had its share of it, but it didn't go overboard with it like these descriptions make it sound like this one will:
>The subtitle “Full Body” was chosen from the wine term, and exemplifies an even richer and somehow more erotic new Catherine.
>A large amount of [...] sexy events are being added.
Plus the design of the new character looks incredibly generic and clashes with the rest of the art awfully; this screams cash grab targeting otaku of the lowest possible effort.