What makes Ethereum so valuable?

I don't understand blockchains too well, but I've noticed a little something with coins in circulation/max supply.

Dogecoin is circulating supply at:
109,106,352,062 DOGE

No Max supply, current value:
$0.0005

Bitcoin-
Current circulation:

Max supply:

Current value:
~$1267

Litecoin-
Current ciculation:

Max Supply:

Current value:
~$14.45

So it makes sense, if you have a high max supply with too many in circulation, the value of the currency isn't that great. low the max supply and fewer in circulation, the higher the value of the coin.

So I look at Ethereum

Circulating supply:

Max Suppy:
n/a (NO MAX SUPPLY)

Current Value:
~$50

Tell me what I'm missing. What makes this coin so fucking valuable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r7GVVk8v2Ik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's not a "coin" in the traditional sense
youtube.com/watch?v=r7GVVk8v2Ik
smart contracts nigga

Ethereum is not just a currency but also the backbone for a lot of the dapps you see like ubiq. more people are using it for their own projects

Bump, also wondering this

Its potential

And the fact that major IT companies and banks backs, and there's even more to come

Also you can't just decide the supply with marketcap to find its max price, that's not how economics works, you have to keep stuff in mind like PoS

divide*

So what you're saying is, is that this is a coin that can be used by companies to develop sort of "pay-out apps", ie:
>devs need to work on something for company X
>devs complete certain tasks along the way
>the dapp see's that certain goal tasks have been completed, and pay out ethereum to the devs

or am I not seeing the bigger picture to this?

ETH isn't trying to be a currency replacement. Its value comes from allowing dapps to operate on its platform, ETH is the "gas" that these dapps pay to use the system.

Hence it's value.

Plus, ETH is being held at the moment. The gooks will slowly let it rise as news comes out. Just look at Bitcoin. The articles are begging ETH to take over. If PIVX pairs with Snapchat we are filthy rich. BUY ETH NOW. EEA is tomorrow...

PIVX and Snapchat? What's the deal there?

Its a meme. BTC will be able to do everything under Rootstock without risking the token going to shit because of an unexpected glitch due turing completeness.

this

>I don't understand market capitalization
>I don't actually know what Ethereum is

I've met the guy behind Rootstock many times, and even he wishes he was building on Ethereum but he is in debt to his investors. He's honestly not happy.

Its a garbage globalist coin. BitBay and BitBean will dismantle it once word gets out about their power.

The other day some user put some puzzle pieces together. In regards to the article centering on the first Snapchat investor saying that Bitcoin would be worth $500,000 in 2030. Then, the same day Snapchat had a story in their app blasting Bitcoin. And the photo showing Snapchats money send feature changed to a sideways aarow instead of a dollar sign. user had concluded that Snapchat would NOT be better off making their own coin, but simply merging a major feature and dominating that segment of the app market... it all seemed like too much of a coincidence.

Something is definitely going on with PIVX though... I've lost money on PIVX these last few days but with all their news/exposure/rumors, it's worth the gamble.

pivx is very much worth holding for a few years, it is a much better and faster version of dash, and pos aswell, good things will come to it eventually

Etherum is capped.
It is moving from PoW to PoS.
Check literally everywhere

its not just a coin

its fuel for the cloud computing network

common sentiment from those not heavily invested is just that it was pumped up so hard because of the perfect timing with its release and subsequent dip with bitcoin's drama in early 2016.

could have been natural money from bitcoin or also likely is poloniex playing games with pumping and dumping, which can clearly be seen in some of the recent pump and delists going on a week ago.

once it had been pumped up so high people just gravitated to it and it gave it an aura of validation/success. sure its built in a way that allows cool things to be built on top of it, but there has been and still are lots of coins that do the same thing.

it's web 3.0

also max supply is roughly ~100 million for the foreseeable future

Ethereum is a peer-to-peer virtual computer. It allows people to create programs (contracts) that can't be altered or deleted by anyone (not even the creator), whose source code is public, and which can hold and move ether and store values into its variables (which persist from transaction to transaction).

As a user of the contract, you call a function of the contract, passing parameters and/or sending ether with the transaction, and the function executes.

All kinds of applications.

dont focus on infinite coins, focus on inflation

the concept is that even at limitless theoretical supply, additional added coins is consistent, so inflatikn rate steadily declines to 0 over an infinite period of time

What people forget is max coin supply and value per coin is irrelevant without posting the market capitalization.

If you look at the highest market cap and lowest market cap coins there doesn't seem to be any strong correlation between max supply and market cap.

vid is unbearable to watch because of his constant "umm's" and "uhh's"

etherum's smart contract meme is pure buy the rumor speculation with no practical implementations as yet. there are lots of projects in the pipeline related to etherum like Augur and Golemn that add value to this meme ecosystem, but also follow the same script. both are still in alpha, and havn't actually been implemented.

buy the rumor sell the news.

Pandacoin has 32 billion coins in circulation. Why isn't Pandacoin valuable?