Was this the greatest kingdom in Europe?

Was this the greatest kingdom in Europe?

Serbia

no

Yes
That's why every other kingdom got butthurt when it died

Who dat

Hungary desu
The Nemanic dynasty is pretty cool.

This 'ere land belong to Nilfgaard now. Take that down before the black 'uns see it!

I often lament that France really fucked up when they decided to build Versaille instead of going full-retard with their Navy. A Navy is such a better investment, and it is the key to true colonialism.

Given that Nilgaard represents the >H >R >E and that France cucked it for it's entire existance, I don't think so
Only Poles and Czech feared the Wicked German Federation

>Only Poles and Czech feared the Wicked German Federation
Poles didn't give a shit. Since Austria begged Poland for help against Ottomans since 1500s

Czechs played muh Emperors.

No, this was. Until Alfred came and conquered us in our darkest hour, leading to the Londinium yoke.

Maybe the greatest kingdom
But there was an even greater empire right next to them

>Holy

this looks like a dog dick

>Given that Nilgaard represents the >H >R >E
cite your sources please

>all the north except cumberland and westmorland
shitty kingdom confirmed

>Gold and Black autists

The main difference is that Nilfgaard is good at war, but keep it mind it's from Polish perspective
While France, England and Russia thought the >H>R>E to be laughable, Poles were scared as shit by it

This is all wrong. The only ruler of HRE who managed to enforce his will in Poland by military means was Barbarossa. None of the others managed to guide their troops across the massive forests and swamps that laid along the german-polish borderzone.
Holy Roman Empire looks more like Northern Kingdoms than anything else

>

>Poles were scared as shit by it
What the fuck are you talking about you autist?

Austria begged Poland countless times to aid them in wars against Turks.

Poland-Lithuania could start swallowing small shitty states and there would be nothing "H" "R" "E" could do about it. They were cucks for sucking pope's dick though and that's the main reason they didn't invade this patethic shitstain on the map.

>Austria begged Poland countless times to aid them in wars against Turks.

But that was in the 1500s
Witcher takes place in the 1200s, when Pooland were small ass kingdom scared of big HRE

>Witcher takes place in the 1200s, when Pooland were small ass kingdom scared of big HRE
So scared they won majority of wars against it. lol

Witcher world is basically a pivoted map, with HRE as Nilfgaard, Pooplish kingdoms as Northern Kingdoms and Scandinavia as Skellig

>
>
>

>Holy

hmmm

I'm not counting Teutons fucking shit up since they weren't even a part of "German" nation.

>Roman

>Empire

The answer is obvious.

The best one is battle of Glogow. When reading about it, you can still hear German
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Witcher takes place in the 1200s

The armor looks early 15th century to me.

>Witcher takes place in the 1200s
Yes, in fucking books in fantasy world (battle of Brenna - 1268). Why are you comparing real world history to history from Witcher series. Is this new form of retardation?

as a kingdom 19th century British empire was greater

as a dynasty the Hapsburgs

>as a kingdom 19th century British empire was greater

Doubtful
Machine gunning nignogs =/= greatness

Britain is neither a kingdom nor great.

And the Capetians are objectively superior to the Habsburgs in every possible way.

Was this the worst flag in history?

>Until our one true King ,Alfred the Great, came and liberated us in our darkest hour from the Danes, leading to the Winchester golden age .
Fixed it for you. No need to thank me.

Czechs player Emperor for a time and during most of their history, Poles didn't give three shits about the Germans and their initially clumsy invasions.

>tfw no united Bourbon dominions of France, Spain and Southern Italy
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>butthurt frogs mad that the sun sets on them

In regard of current overseas possessions, the sun currently never sets in France but does set in Britain

Ah indeed, the glorious empire-building of which the English boast so fervently.

>be british
>therefore be perfidious
>stealthily sneak some troops to North America while leaving your ally Prussia to be be beat up by France, Russia, and Austria
>thus acquire overwhelming odds against French colonial troops
>despite outnumbering them 4 to 1, fail catastrophically on your first two expeditions
>the general to beat the French on the third expedition, general Wolfe, becomes one of your country's greatest heroes, despite the easy odds he was facing

Cheers mate.

Still though aesthatic empire/10 so I can't stay mad at you forever Rosbif.

Ugh, forgot picture.

British military history is glorious
Do you hear me? GLORIOUS!!!!

>Be French
>therefore be frogposted IRL
>get ass kicked in the Italian wars by Habsburgs
>spend years after trying to get other countries to attack them
>one time even allying themselves with Ottoman Turks
>30 years war everyone believed catholic france would join catholic bros
>so butthurt they join the protestants
>finally make amends with political marriage
>psyke, we kill your princess nao!

Meh, let's not be exceedingly caricatural of what British military has been. There are parts in which it excels, but it's simply that in occupying an island, I'd say that the British were simply more urged upon to craft themselves more expertise in dealing with navies and trade, rather than armies, which is a concept foreign to the French who have been bordered by Spain and Germany for their entire existence.

More than often, they do spar well in wars, but by means that I think the French would not come to agree with (arrows at Agincourt rather than abiding to chivarly, funding Napoleonic coalitions).

Besides, I'm French and if I start saying that our greatest enemy for the last millenia is a weakling incapable of war, then it's not only a slight on Britain but also on France since it might be equivocated that France are pussies too since we never occupied Britain in spite of them supposedly being weaklings.

Anyways
/rant

>get ass kicked in the Italian wars by Habsburgs
No? France successfully befriended those they could, and submitted those that would not bow to French authority. And if them being interrumpted is what you conflate "having our ass kicked", then nah, Henry II died while jousting and that was why they were put on stand-by, while the French wars of religion formented, and which distracted Francis II from pursuing his father's ambitions.

>spend years after trying to get other countries to attack them
Just as Habsburgs did with France? An insane amount of the Medieval ages amounts to the Capets and Habsburgs being in enmity with one another.

>one time even allying themselves with Ottoman Turks
Reee, that fucker shouldn't have owned Spain and the HRE at the same time. If he doesn't mind using cheat codes, then we'll fuck with the game too and ally with Muslims.

>it's this bait image again

>30 years war everyone believed catholic france would join catholic bros
>being on Veeky Forums
>not knowing that the 30 Years war was a thinly struggle for power between the Bourbons and Habsburgs.
Of course the French rallied themselves to the Protestant side, the Habsburgs having already monopolised the status of head of the Catholic league.

>psyke, we kill your princess nao!
Marie-Antoinette? That's what happens when the Austrians lend us a princess that they swear to us is pure, but who it transpires is a rug-munching heretic.

>Besides, I'm French and if I start saying that our greatest enemy for the last millenia is a weakling incapable of war, then it's not only a slight on Britain but also on France since it might be equivocated that France are pussies too since we never occupied Britain in spite of them supposedly being weaklings.
I'm british and the whole 'le surrender frogs' shit is autistic as hell

i wish our 2 countries could just fucking respect one another

that said, that shitty comic was made by an american

>>get ass kicked in the Italian wars by Habsburgs
>No? France successfully befriended those they could, and submitted those that would not bow to French authority. And if them being interrumpted is what you conflate "having our ass kicked", then nah, Henry II died while jousting and that was why they were put on stand-by, while the French wars of religion formented, and which distracted Francis II from pursuing his father's ambitions.
France got humiliated in Italy
>>spend years after trying to get other countries to attack them
>Just as Habsburgs did with France?
Kek.France always started the wars (and always lost)
>An insane amount of the Medieval ages amounts to the Capets and Habsburgs being in enmity with one another.
>>one time even allying themselves with Ottoman Turks
>Reee, that fucker shouldn't have owned Spain and the HRE at the same time. If he doesn't mind using cheat codes, then we'll fuck with the game too and ally with Muslims.
France had a bigger population than Spain,Austria and Flanders combined.French are just pussies

>Besides, I'm French and if I start saying that our greatest enemy for the last millenia is a weakling incapable of war, then it's not only a slight on Britain but also on France since it might be equivocated that France are pussies too since we never occupied Britain in spite of them supposedly being weaklings.

Why should I care?
I () am American and I see all yuros as pussies
Brits just happen to be bigger pussies than the rest

>France got humiliated in Italy
Where is the evidence, my Rosbif friend, because as it is with my skimming through of wikipedia articles, I've never met with any indication that France had to reel out of Italy.

Considering the plundering from Italy that transpired throughout the wars, which is being exemplified even today by some rooms of Italian paintings all throuhout the Louvres, everything seems to depict these wars being waged with good success.

>Kek.France always started the wars (and always lost)
Duh, France had to trigger them because the Habsburgs were forever scheming to encircle France through Spain or Italy or Flanders. Don't pretend that the aggression was wholly French, when the Habsburgs were pitting France in that position.

>always lost
What is the 30 years war then? What is the Austrian war of succession? What is the war of the devolution? What is the war of the Spanish succcession.

>France had a bigger population than Spain,Austria and Flanders combined
'No'. This is sad at this point.

Cheers mate! Honestly respect is the better one of the things that can be birthed from our enmity.

A 1000-year long conflict is an awesome thing to boast, and really just points to both countries being such apt things at war that they'd always end in a stalemate. Besides fashioning the modern world for no other good reason than "reee I hate the British/French" is very funny.

you realize america, next to italy, is objectively worst at war?

Are you like, not from European descent though?

And I don't know how the US can hope to compare themselves to the military legacy of Europeans when you've fought three real wars at best.

>Where is the evidence, my Rosbif friend, because as it is with my skimming through of wikipedia articles, I've never met with any indication that France had to reel out of Italy.
France lost all its ltalian possesions in 40 years. Pretty pathetic.
>because the Habsburgs were forever scheming to encircle France
>Habsburgs inherit land
>France chimps out
>Loses
>What is the 30 years war then?
A war which France sneaked in when other countries were exhausted as they couldn't win in a fair war.
> 'No'.
>Population of Spain
>7 million
>population of Austria
>5 million
>Population of Flanders
>1.5 million
>Population of France
>15 Million.
France lost against an outnumbered rival for 200 years straight. Pretty pathetic.

>France lost all its ltalian possesions in 40 years. Pretty pathetic.
I'm telling you though that the king to have corroborated the Italian wars, Henry II, perished in a jousting accident, and that the matters of Italy were burdened on his young heir Francis II. Adding to that, Francis II couldn't care in the least about Italy as the wars of religion were sprawling across France already, and the Italian possessions fell into disrepair, with cities progressively proclaiming themselves "free".

Maybe not so "proud" a moment for France, but it has little to do with Habsburgs kicking them out.

>A war which France sneaked in when other countries were exhausted as they couldn't win in a fair war.
Considering that France's main addition to the war was secluding Spain in the later parts of the fighting and defeating them, and that Spain also only joined later too and were as "fresh" as France by hat point, then I'd have to argue that it didn't owe its success only to "other countries being exhausted).

>Population of Spain
>7 million
>population of Austria
>5 million
>Population of Flanders
>1.5 million
>Population of France
>15 Million.
Alright interesting but which century is this? And shouldn't there be the Spanish Netherlands too?

>Francis II couldn't care in the least about Italy
He autistically declare to wars to annex Milan and Naples.
>Spain also only joined later too
Nope. They started the whole thing
> Alright interesting but which century is this?
XVI. France was the third most populous country in the world until 1795.
>And shouldn't there be the Spanish Netherlands too?
The Spanish Neatherlands were created due Charles autism. It was just Burgandy+Flanders.

Except for when Spain and Germany reached their peaks, it has always been THE continental power.

>Population of Spain
>7 million
>population of Austria
>5 million
>Population of Flanders
>1.5 million
>Population of France
>15 Million.

You conveniently left out the HRE possession in current Germany and Northern Italy that easily had over 10 millions in total

>You conveniently left out of HRE possession
Literally worthless and often sided with France.
>Northern Italy
Lombardy was just useful for taxes. 0 manpower there.

Absolute bullshit on both
Charles Empire used lots of soldiers from his German and Italian possessions

I think it is wrong to attribute successes of the Spanish Habsburgs to all Habsburgs, because most victories were accomplished thanks to Spanish generals and soldiers. Austrian Habsburgs sucked dick for the most part.

>Charles Empire used lots of mercenaries.
Not the same thing. France also used German,Italian and Swiss mercenaries

the fact of the matter is both nations have achieved many things

please stop these pathetic /int/ level arguments and put nationalism to one side

Except in Charles' case they werent foreign mercenaries since they were part of his empire

>Poles scared shit by the HRE

????
At at least one point an Elector was King in Poland.

>they werent foreign mercenaries since they were part of his empire
>No levies and troops for those countries
>Has to pay the same for them than France
>But they arent foreign XD.
Really I dont get your point.

Your initial point was that Charles Empire had less people than France, while the reality is that Charles Empire had twice more people than France but much less control over them

>twice
I dont know from where you are pulling this numbers of. The total population of the HRE including Austria,Burgandy and Flanders was 10 Million. If we go by Charle's posessions (which is just a small period of time btw) the total popularion would be around 22M. But most land was practically independent and never really contributed anything.

What's wrong with the flag, faggot?

lel, the sun doesn't even set on the French empire TODAY IN 2016.

It was certainly the luckiest.

>continuous succession of mostly competent, male kings
>few succession disputes (the Hundred Years War was the only one I can remember)
>mostly surrounded by natural borders and incompetent enemies

That's the kind of shit you cheat for in a video-game.

>few succession disputes
It's literally top-tier disputed succession in history with the beloved 100years war, the war of the spanish succession, the burgundian succession, Henry of navarra's succession and assassination and the medici queen that followed him, not to mention the removal of the ancien regime. It's just a mess

>La France was un mistake
-Voltaire

>taxes ... no manpower

t. guy who played europa universalis once and is now an expert in history

>mostly surrounded by natural borders and incompetent enemies
maybe it was the french who were too competent

no.

that's the french royal standard

The whole point about Lombardy was for Charles to collect more taxes.Italian troops were mostly mercenaries at that time and most Italian states didn't even have a proper army

>gigantic tundras
>huge savannas
>enormous jungles
>actual control over these areas
:3

They've emerged victorious in all conflicts against the Holy Roman Empire, in case you've missed that.

>looks like i won this war after all
Top kek.

Brits stole that sun never sets phrase from Spanish.