/utg/ - Undertale General

Lizard Edition

Previous Timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/
>store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/undertale/cid=UP3893-CUSA08801_00-TFSHVCUTPS400084 On PS4 and Vita August 15th!
>fangamer.com/products/undertale-ps4-vita Physical and Collector's editions ship late September!

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo.htm

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/9921365/chapters/29902488
youtube.com/watch?v=MDBykpSXsSE
youtube.com/watch?v=y32ejtuxSjM
youtube.com/watch?v=6oYDOWqMSTs&ab_channel=VioletSpark
youtube.com/watch?v=ur8ftRFb2Ac
store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
undertale.com/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/undertale/cid=UP3893-CUSA08801_00-TFSHVCUTPS400084
fangamer.com/products/undertale-ps4-vita
undertale.com/demo/
pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk
under.booru.org/
pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6
pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc
pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h
steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen
flockmod.com/undertale
zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782
pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY
undertale-fic-recs.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
youtube.com/watch?v=N_Tex2AN3rI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's to adblocks.

I liked this.

If my computer melts i'm going to be very sad

I'm an ODST, and I'm about drop in an HEV pod from orbit.

>last thread stayed for 3 days

finally, utg is fucking dead

Remember to install Ublock, gghoster, and Malwarebytes.. Stay safe, guys.

Also, finished Chapter 29 of Doomtale. This one's a bit long, but I couldn't find a good point to cut it off without ruining the flow. I think it was worth it, though. Hope you guys enjoy it.

archiveofourown.org/works/9921365/chapters/29902488

cute gote

the cutest

More Christmas gote.

yes

>utg is ded guys
some user always posts this every thread, and they always end up being wrong

And thus we should always ignore them

youtube.com/watch?v=MDBykpSXsSE

Tunes and such

youtube.com/watch?v=y32ejtuxSjM

getting that feeling tonight.
youtube.com/watch?v=6oYDOWqMSTs&ab_channel=VioletSpark

Can we make a collage of all of them?

I don't have any capped...

youtube.com/watch?v=ur8ftRFb2Ac

>rosetale

wuzzat

some sort of AU, aside from that, idk, I just liked the pic

Alright then.
Nice taste in jams, btw

>Physical and Collector's editions ship late September!

Not just that, the fic recommendations site is gone.
For some reason, whoever made the new thread used an older version of the OP.

Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/
>store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/undertale/cid=UP3893-CUSA08801_00-TFSHVCUTPS400084
>fangamer.com/products/undertale-ps4-vita

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo/

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

-Fic Recommendations
>undertale-fic-recs.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

That's better.

I love lizard.

Sorry anons, I didn't update the file I had the OP on for a while

It's fine.

NO IT ISN'T

EVERYTHING IS RUINED

FOREVEEEEEEEEEEEER

me too

I'm obsessed with Toriel to an unhealthy degree

Describe your feelings, user...

That's ok, I am obsessed with Chara a bit.

I am obsessed also but to a lesser degree

Smooth

Hopes and Dreams intensifies

It's a part-time obsession.

You're gonna love the next chapter, mang. Gonna be the second to last one too. Man, this thing was fun to write

I am glad the kids are stepping up because while yeah it would be weird for Frisk to go full Doomguy or something it would feel weird for them to have no impact on the climax.

That being said, I have one question. If I recall chapter 25 correctly, the Crucible was described as having the equivalent of seven human souls' power. Couldn't Azzy go hypergod without another soul then? Or am I misunderstanding what it did?

Friends who slay together stay together

Can slaying be optional?

Friends who SAVE together also stay together

The Crucible has, at this point, absorbed the power of the well, and can now do what it was designed to do: bring Doomguy's son back. How? Well remember that rift he opened in chapter 25? That power from the wraiths was needed to open a rift to that "spirit world" Gaster was talking about. Once there, you have access to the souls of the passed. When they "shatter" here in our plane, they aren't utterly destroyed - their form in this world is abolished, and their permanent form in the spirit world is preserved. What the crucible does is take the power used to uphold the "door" it makes, and uses it to rebuild the "temporal" form of that soul (the one we see in game). In taking the power used to uphold the door, the crucible closes the rift as the soul's temporal form is restored, making it a one use thing. So tl:dr;

>Crucible uses energy to open door to spirit world
>Crucible rebuilds temporal soul form with that energy
>And in doing so, closes the rift, leaving you back in the temporal world with a temporal soul

The rest here is optional reading.

Now of course, normally this means you're just coming back with a little floating heart in your hand, but for Asriel (or alternatively, DG's son), the case is different. Flowey (and Baphomet) can serve as "Vessels," as both contain the original essence of the person;s soul. Flowey is Asriel's memories brought to life in a Flower. Baphomet is the Soul of a Great one using the soul of a mortal as a vehicle to reincarnation. Both have the original person's mind - but not their soul. Remembering Flowey and Baphomet's actions show us a mind without a soul, but a soul without a mind? Asleep. it cannot roam the Spirit world. it is tied to the mind (remember: "culmination of your whole being" cannot exclude your mind). So when you come tot eh spirit world,, you see them together.

With what way is there to properly describe an imbalanced obsession?
I want to do everything. Various, undefinable things. I want to experience her with all my senses. I want there to be squeezing and enveloping. I want there to be warmth and unspeakable sounds. I want Toriel to be mine.

Guess it's time to kill everyone too close to her.

Okay, I get it now. So wading into the philosophical weeds a little, do you think Flowey is just a Memory clone, or can something with Asriel's essence claim any right to be him without his soul, even an obviously incomplete form of him? I tend to think he counts as Asriel, but I can see the memory clone interpretation as a valid interpretation if that's how you roll.

I can dig it.

Oh no, Flowey's Valid. Look at how I described the Spirit World. Does it sound familiar? It should because that's where you fight Asriel at the end of the TP route. This is why frisk can't permanently die here: her soul is already there. it can;t be sent there again. But anyway, no. Only Flowey could be the Vessel. he is Asriel;s essence. he is Asriel's mind. Nothing else could bind to Asriel's soul but Asriel, and Flowey is as Asriel as you can get without giving him his soul and completing him. What the crucible did was similar to what happened at the end of TP: the power generated by those souls opened up a rift, and for a time, Asriel could complete himself. Remember why the gang in the lab was talking about the underground's soul power? Asriel used that power to get into the spirit world and bind with his other half. However, that binding would not last forever without his temporal soul being rebuilt, hence why he'll eventually turn back into a flower at the end of TP. Now, this does open up some questions about the time intervening his death and Alphys' accidentally resurrecting his mind in Flowey. it implies that Asriel was in the spirit world as all other spirits are: resting and going about their rest, but when his dust, his essence, was brought back, it pulled his mind back into its old vessel - the remains of his body, which were now absorbed in a plant. I can see Frisk and Asriel talking a bit about it after the whole thing blows over

That's a pretty cool take, I like it. Anyway roll on Chapter 30!

You bet!
Prepare for some hardcore feels at the end, though.

Oh I haven't forgotten that Sword of Damocles you promised months ago, though I still haven't figured who it falls on.

it's reverse psychology, we need it to motivate people to keep it alive

Tough LOVE is the only effective form of motivation

if you consider traumatization and motivation the same thing then okay, take your dick and proceed

if the end result is the same, why soften the method?

If you can get the same result with softer methods then being mean is just being spiteful for no reason

it builds character

Why build a sad character instead of a happy character

/utg/ never die :))

It is only gone when none here are loyal to it.

I think that 's not gonna happen to me. until toby makes another game with UT quality

The game and the general helped reignite my creative spark after years of nothing, and while ril stuff has crushed it once again since, it's something I'll always remember the threads ad the game for.

Well, that and the pile of merch I bought because nobody sane stopped me.

>Alphys is an inexperienced scientist who takes over for Dr. Gaster and creates horrors
>Hojo is an inexperienced takes over for Dr. Gast and creates horrors
Makes you think

Dr. Hojo is not inexperienced in the least, though. He's insane, but he's quite proficient at being insane.

Besides the fact that his gems include trying to crossbreed Aeris and Red XIII, Sephiroth outright calls him a hack who could never live up to the great Professor Gast

I mean, do you have any evidence that they're not compatible? VII isn't exactly a setting with typical evolution and genetics, as all living beings are unified through the Lifestream.
Also Sephiroth is biased because he hates Hojo and viewed Gast as a father figure.

Intent would be a difference

>People think Alphys is a worthless idiot who can't do anything because Gaster's followers and Fanon Sans say so
>People think Hojo is a worthless idiot who can't do anything because Sephiroth says so

Makes you think?

You lost me.
In any case Hojo was correct about Reunion, was capable of operating a giant death cannon by himself, and was learned enough to know how to trigger the parameters required to provoke Omega WEAPON's materialization after uploading his brain into a computer, I'd say he's a pretty successful mad scientist.
But this isn't /ffg/ anyway.

>because Gaster's followers [...] say so
They say that Alphys works faster than Gaster did and that it took so long before the new Royal Scientist because it was hard to find a replacement that could live up to him

As in, Hojo's intentions were less than benevolent to begin with, whereas Alphys' had no ill intent.

>>People think Alphys is a worthless idiot who can't do anything because Gaster's followers and Fanon Sans say so
Which is funny because the followers actually give her a lot of credit, they just state a, as far as we know, fact that it'll be hard to live up to Gaster's legacy.

happiness when

Nevah. Also, wheres twitteranon? I need my fix

Just use the machine that sucks the happiness from your fave and gives it to you

twitter search is busted

this is from that episode from courage the cowardly dog, isn't it?

well I guess it's time to die then

Next time for sure.

no, that was cannonballs of depression

bitchin' music too
youtube.com/watch?v=N_Tex2AN3rI

i want to reset

literally how every circle-jerk in existence has ever worked

i was part of a shitposting community that had it's climax on /b/ around 2010-2011 with the avatarfags and pony fiasco and we still have a board going on inifinitechan that's nearing 2 million posts just from us, and that's AFTER the peak activity era of the jerk

so any time someone tells you your circle jerk community is going to die look at them and laugh

(but low key our super old circlejerk is more active than your whole thread still)

twitter user is like that one guy thats legit always been here

sometimes i think about them and worry how they are with twitter search being broken

>750 posts in just over eight hours
Impressive

it depends entirely on whos around and when, but yea we are filthy non-anons though so i already said too much really

>(but low key our super old circlejerk is more active than your whole thread still)

as it should be, really. a shitposting community vs a niche 6 hour game, even with the popularity boom, it's pretty much a given shitposting will win out, since it's basically endless

sure I'd like it if more people hung out here from time to time, but honestly the more surprising thing is that the general even exists at this point

its surprising on both fronts really yea

you have the popularity and draw of a game to generate a community, but you also have individuals that recognize each other just from posting style and images, so i guess there is a pseudo-anonymous community within the truly anonymous posters

well never mind it anyways it's not worth thinking about that much i guess

i hope i'm not recognizable

you might be, but i wouldn't post here enough to know you.

other things that would make you recognizable would come from context, so you're either a shitposter who does not like their reputation, or a content fag that does not want to be bothered and has strong ties to the community. err, that's just my guess anyways.

all the contentfags left for discord to whine about the thread last time I heard

if you dont make content and you dont whine a lot, you probably arent recognizable

the ones who bother to use a name. I think

I'm a contentfag but I'm not motivated enough rn to make anything

so you are a content fag that wouldn't be able to be named

fair enough, draw when inspiration strikes you, i hope you find it elsewhere

Most of the named contentfags in the Discord who stopped putting content in the thread still participate in the thread but just don't make a lot of content any more, as far as I can tell.
There are occasional complaints about the thread in the Discord but there are also complaints about the thread in the thread, about the Discord in the thread, and about the Discord in the Discord, so that isn't saying much.

keep skipping on discord because I'm worried contentfags I liked will turn out to been secret assholes this whole time

it's the worst feeling