/xgg/ - Xenogames General #45

Previous Thread: ========== Xenoblade 2 ==========

>Link to official JP twitter:
twitter.com/xenobladejp?lang=en

>XB2 Trailer
[YouTube] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Character Trailer - Nintendo Switch

>XB2 Direct with world & gameplay explanations
[YouTube] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Direct 11.7.2017

>XB2 Story trailer (medium spoilers, at your own risk)
[YouTube] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Story Trailer - Nintendo Switch

>XB2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XB game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/MRMxvWHH

>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW

>XB2 Blade combo elemental chart
imgur.com/a/OiBPb

>XB2 Info Doc. Please help contribute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EG0UpsgjhISr6_isiUpiWMU9qcXj6t8wWB0_LAiH1yE/edit#gid=0

>XB2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/BLmMUNub

========== Xenoblade X ==========

>XBX Links pastebin (faq, docs etc)
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY

==============================

Please mark your spoilers properly, anons.
If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

It turns out you're the only one who wants a doorstop.

Jelly af

Did you miss me?

>NTRing best bro
Why is this allowed?

>Colony 9
>Colony 6
Where are Colonies 1-5, 7 and 8?

>Klaus rolls back the cloud sea
>All of old earth is exposed
I bet she's the happiest about the ending.

cute!

Destroyed, they say this in game

Nia's face looks strangely familiar here...

If she could cum, she would've. Now she really can travel the whole wide world.

Given
>No access to gold cylinders
>No access to Mor Adain, or anything past
Where's the best way to get money fast?

where are the ruins

Premium cylinders

Why does everything get so narrow and linear after Tantal?

Electra is such a cutie

About to finally wrap up Chapter 5.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Because the areas are almost entirely man-made?

Will I lose sidequests if I just ignore them? I got burned out just doing them and bored, just want to focus on story and ignore all the sidequests for now or will they expire?

Anyone know what happens if you jew out and pick 300g or 3000g when buying the Tome of Morytha #4?

Read the OP. The pastebins say what expires, and nothing else does.

I want to say all the Indol ones will be lost at a later point in the game, but I have heard other people say after that point, Indol quests gets moved to other places.

Some Nopon outbids you and you fail the quest.

You seem like you'd know I'm trying an experiment, to see if the game is completable without rolling any randoms. Wulfric refuses to wake up, so I'm trying to grind out 500k for the bathtub jew

Best tank.

Obviously you win the book in any case. Are you expecting some interesting dialogue for the cases? It's just yet another decision that doesn't matter.

I believe the trigger for being able to waken sleeping cores is Finishing the quest where Roc's core gets stolen. Or after you awaken Roc as part of the plot to erase miasma.

oh is that how it works

>tfw maxed Ursula affinity
Now watch they nerf it. Fuck whoever came up with this idea.

Dromarch does this too

I like Kora more.
The difference is that I can fuck her.

Have you thought about whether the spirit elpys field skill checks will be possible without randoms? I remember some of them having like 6 of some mastery

That's part of what I'm testing.

>Just finished Bearing her soul
I don't see why so many people complain about this quest, it's perfect way to grind up common blade abilities. Trust points aren't that efficient, but abilities level up crazy fast.

Do you think Tora grew into such a strong biggypon by drinking his own cum? That seems like something he'd do. Haha.

They both look ugly as fuck. Electra's art is redeemable. Kora is ugly in both her models.

My condolences.

Pretty sure you need two blades when Merc Group gets introduced

post your waifu then, senpai

which pastebin? I read the spoilerfree FAQ and nothing about what quests expire

You need at least two non-pyra blades
The inherited core crystal is available for sale before that point.
Which brings me back to needing money.

There you go. None of them empire.

You can ignore a bunch of the checks in that dungeon.

>Waifu
Bros before hoes kohai.

pretty sure you need Fire 3 and Wind 3 iirc to get past the spider nest, other than that you're right

DONT FORGET ME

Why isn't Rex affected by this cave? And is it the reason why I can't use more than a lvl 1 special, or did I fuck up somehow?

I don't think it's 3s on both of em.
And I also think there's a way in that doesn't involve that check.

>Needing money
Money should never be a problem in XBC2. Unless they make something that's ten million gold.

That's not what I asked you.
Post your waifu.

Ran out of money. At least they don't sit in chairs and just tell you about stuff this time

Pre mor adain
Can't go there without completing a merc mission
Can't complete the merc mission without the 500k

there is literally no way, I spent a stupid amount of time trying to because Brighid only had Fire 1 and I had to play the gay ass roller blades for who knows how long

It mentions the indol sidequests in the first few lines. Nothing else expires.

That's a question with a somewhat spoilery answer.

With NoA, it seems like Treehouse just can't get good VA, as shown in BotW and Fates. Awakening and Echoes were localized by 8-4, and those games had great VA.

Or maybe there's no correlation at all. I don't know how this stuff works.

Asking the wrong bloke.

Look at the picture again.

What do you mean he's not affected? Isn't not being able to do higher level specials mean he is in fact, affected?

It's the same pool of actors. The difference, as is almost always the case, comes down to direction, which isn't necessarily handled in-house. Directors that take time to make sure the actors are prepped and deliver lines with appropriate context get better results. Echoes had good direction, and as a result the dub is markedly better than the previous game's.

>I don't see why so many people complain about this quest,

It takes 37 hours. And you have to send her out every ten minutes. This means that you will spend roughly about four minutes JUST listening to Ursula say "we are Ursula's new groove, and we'll do what we can", four minutes listening to Ursula say "We're back! Can I give beary a treat as well", and, assuming that going through all the affinity upgrades to your generics takes roughly 10 seconds each time, nearly FORTY fucking minutes going through your affinity upgrades to generics blades.

Where are you grinding for those core crystals?
Keep in mind, you get Roc after the required merc mission.

This. It's honestly fucking insanity. I want to believe it was just a mistake and you were only supposed to get like 20 stamps or something. I WANT to believe that.

>This means that you will spend roughly about four minutes JUST listening to Ursula say "we are Ursula's new groove, and we'll do what we can", four minutes listening to Ursula say "We're back! Can I give beary a treat as well",
>Implying this is not a good thing.

every time
why can't they make games starting from the ending and go backwards

>why can't they make games starting from the ending and go backwards

Because the only part of the game that reviewers play before they make their reviews is the first couple of hours, and it's also the only part that 99% of gamers will actually touch, so it's vital that the first part of the game be as polished as it can get. Likewise, almost nobody ever actually beats a game, so the least amount of money goes into the last couple of areas and scenes that only a small percentage of your fans actually see.

Do you expect to become the most famous and popular musician in the world only getting that many stamps?

Just be happy the Nopon Agent doesn't jew you and creates a subquest off that.

Except nothing in the story calls for a wide-open space after Tantal. Why would the ruins of a city or the world tree be like that?

I love how they made him out to be suspicious when he really wasn't.

Wish they would have done the same for *endgame spoilers* Amalthus

consistency? I mean you have fillers in almost every kingdom and once you get to the Cliffs you're basically just running in a straight line

Why would Agniratha be a wide open city with tons of extra stuff and side content? Why would prison island have several gigantic areas that require you to go right past fighting the last boss to explore, full of goodies and tough enemies

Because it's a fucking game and it's meant to be fun to play, and hallway after hallway is not fun, especially in a xenoblade game.

Because Agniratha is literally inside a gigantic machine with a vast amount of space at its disposal. The titans are, according to Takahashi, both many hundreds of miles tall, and Agniratha's position in Mechonis would give it hundreds or thousands of square miles to fit into. The world tree is much closer to being only as wide as it appears to the characters, which is not all that much, and most of that would be inaccessible wall material.

Where's the next step of chips from gold Chips?

The world tree is also a million stories tall yet you only explore a dozen of them, and it's still several hundred feet across. You could still fit plenty of areas and side content into there if you wanted. We even know that Amalthus climbed it, so you could have the excuse of finding dead drivers who tried to climb it in the past to give you quests with notes on their bodies, or machine terminals with instructions, or anything to make it more interesting than hallway-elevator-cutscene-repeat. The worst offender is Elysium, it IS a giant wide open city, but with nothing in it besides a couple chests. Internal world consistency is not an excuse for those areas being boring because they did not need to be boring to be consistent.

>complaining about hallways in comparison to earlier games when half of Xenoblade 1 is essentially hallways, including all of the Mechonis areas besides the fallen arm

whats so good about this zeke/tora/cavalier rex team you guys keep talking about? i just tried the final boss after beating it and i dont think ive ever lost a battle so fast, it seems like shit

>including all of the Mechonis areas besides the fallen arm

...Except Agniratha, which I specifically mentioned in my post. Look at Sword Valley, it's a giant hallway, but it also has multiple routes, hidden areas, tough enemies that you can try to avoid or fight if you want, bases to clear out for treasure or just run past, etc. You can have a straight line area and make it still be interesting.

>Morag is at 800 agility
somebody stop this lady

Agniratha is still just hallways, man. The fact that instead of physical walls it has endless drops doesn't mean you're not confined to narrow spaces.
>sword valley, which has only one real route and some optional rooms you can fight some monsters in, which the world tree also has
Oh wow, what a special experience that was climbing up some ramps that go to exactly the same place as the ground level.

Is there a guide in the OP that tells me which Blades fit better for each character in XC2? I just got Kos-mos and I don't know who should be her Driver.

>ch.3
>dickhead rex drops his spaghetti yet again
>ganondorf lite has a mystical watchamacallit
>can't wait 5 minutes for this guy to stop hacking up blood so we peace out
>edgy mcedgerton and devil may cry show up
>suddenly, everybody becomes stupid
>unluckiest little girl in fiction waltzes up to batman and robin
>'can you obviously evil guys really help my grandpappy?'
>pyra fucks off without telling anyone because 98% of her brain is focused on /ss/ with rex
>5 minutes after everyone wakes up
>'dude where's pyra lol'

The upshot is, I discovered the joy of using Gorg and Agate in tandem.

How much exp does it take to get to level 99?

I know if you release a rare blade you can pull it, but what happen if you release a quest blade like wulfric, or praxis?

anyone? im genuinely curious

Same thing.

I think it goes:
-HLR: Nia, Morag, Rex
-TNK(Shieldhammer): Zeke, Rex
-TNK(Katana): Anyone
-ATK: Anyone

So you have to pick who you want to fill what role. Almost any party organization is possible, except healer zeke.

THERE'S A REEEEEAAAAAASSSSSOOOOOOOON

Kosmos should either be with zeke or morag.

crank up enviroment volume

I meant zeke and nia since kosmos have a built in anti aggro.

Okay, thank you very much. Just found the pastebin, and it seems you're right. I will leave Kos-mos with Zeke for now then.

Well, it looks like it's technically possible to finish this with a gimped Rex, but this Australian bastard and his counters are a load of ass so it might be a while.

>trying to do the barel main quest in mor ardain
>either need poppi's nopon wisdom leveled (don't have it) or wait 30 minutes for a merc thing to do it
>literally waiting 30 minutes doing nothing for progress in an offline game

Woah it's like I'm really playing a phone gacha game

>smash the last bandit guy
>a HUGE HP potion flies out of him as he dies
Neato. Also if blade combo orbs -> chain attacks to burst them is the main source of damage, what do driver combos add to it? Just extending the amount of time you have to get to a combo finisher?

That and break and all the statuses after it carry a defense down. Some specials and arts will also deal extra damage when something is toppled or launched. So that is something to consider as you are building your combo path.

what were they thinking
>it extends the game's play time!
fuck off monolith

>Aegaeon affinity
>Defeat Machine-Gun Julio in Tantal
>Dromarch affinity
>Defeat Machine-Gun Julio at the Cliffs of Morytha