Jewyama Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/authorblues/status/943405441538805760
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The God Gamer Stigma

let it die

twitter.com/authorblues/status/943405441538805760

Is authorblues the freak?

why would that make him the freak? btw it's been known for a while that squid is the freak

how much longer until another God Gamer oldboi gets exposed as a cheating little rat

stop trying to deflect your own pathetic crusade onto someone else

please stop letting this thread die in the evening

really poor attempt at deflecting

ok

why didn't you sage?

thanks for the late response!

So are there runners that don't splice/cheat their runs?

gothic_logic

why didn't you sage?

No, because grindmonkeying is cheating.

Krystal is a God Gamer who doesn't grindmonkey.

Emulator is cheating, so Krystal is also a cheater.

>grindmonkeying is cheating
This.

Speedrunning leaderboards should be seasonal, and global ranking should be based on the runner's average leaderboard position.

Lifetime personal best should be considered a joke ranking.

>Speedrunning leaderboards should be seasonal
i hope this is bait

>waah waah I want unlimited attempts
You don't get to do unlimited attempts from your home for any real competition.

Da nigga Kryhomie aint even cheated or nuthin doe

Olympia 2020 is now focused on World Record attempts instead of races.
In the much anticipated main event Usain Bolt tries to break the 100m World Recordas billions look on. His first attempt is a false start. The next attempt goes 1m before he walks back, because he didn't like his start. He keeps grinding for a perfect start trying to guess when the pistol is fired instead of losing time to reaction speed. The furthest he makes it in one hour is the 20m line. Viewership is already down 80%, but the rest of the audience is still hyped for the possibility of witnessing the World Record. After 2 hours he announces he's tired and will try again tomorrow.
The next day he doesn't show up because the wind RNG is not in his favour.
On the final day he grind attempts again, but gets trolled by the RNG so hard he only does false starts for an hour until he finally gets a run going almost to the finish, but he jogs the last 10m as he felt it was slower than his pb anyway. He finishes the event by going around the sparse audience with a cup that gets filled with a kind of Olympics currency.

Auth based af doe

Grind monkeys aint even did a dayum thing 2 yalls niggas doe

>You don't get to do unlimited attempts from your home for any real competition.
Literally everyone is on even ground and can do so if they choose, what's your point? Once again, you don't magically get a good run from spamming repeated attempts, it's just practice. Organizing some sort of "speedrunning tournament" for every game would be an absolute trainwreck as well, seeing as multiple runners from multiple timezones would have to settle on one set time, which would automatically put someone at a disadvantage. This isn't a fighting game tournament.

thanks for the late response!

Nigga dat shyt wudnt even late doe

>Literally everyone is on even ground and can do so if they choose
Literally misses the point completely.
>Organizing some sort of "speedrunning tournament" for every game would be an absolute trainwreck as well, seeing as multiple runners from multiple timezones would have to settle on one set time, which would automatically put someone at a disadvantage.
Noone here has advocated for a racing tournament. Try reading, faggot.

>I am too lazy and pathetic to do runs so their should be a limit to prevent others from reaching their potential

Fucking stream monster faggots on /srg/. They make me grin from ear to ear. Every. Fucking. Time.

>Noone here has advocated for a racing tournament.
That's the only way you could possibly do a measure of skill, though. You just said leaderboards should be seasonal, so unless you mean "only times per season count"--which doesn't change anything at all, because someone can just "spam attempts" each season--you're not making any sense.

>Noone
>try reading

Nigga u aint even grinnin or nuthin doe

Squid aint even a monkey doe

>You just said leaderboards should be seasonal, so unless you mean "only times per season count"--which doesn't change anything at all, because someone can just "spam attempts" each season
The number of allowed attempts per season would have a cap, friend.

>The number of allowed attempts per season would have a cap
But then this changes nothing at all besides making speedrunning that much more of a pain in the ass. Not only does this mean that, for the sake of the argument, people can just "spam runs" offline with no hindrance until they feel they've got something, this means that you have multiple, shitty scenarios:
A) People wait until the last bit of the season so that people don't try to copy their strats in an attempt to beat their time, which just slows down optimization of the game
B) The factor of "something fucked up my run, now I need to start over" is magnified here, especially due to limited runs and the factor of the previous point. This means that luck plays a huger factor into a run more than skill should, due to lessened attempts.
Once again, "spamming runs" does not create some sort of magical god-time unless you're playing some RNG game--even then, the most skilled player would be spamming runs, so nothing changes.

>But then this changes nothing at all besides making speedrunning that much more of a pain in the ass.
It would incentivise people to spend more time practicing, because the best practicer would have the best time.
>people can just "spam runs" offline with no hindrance until they feel they've got something
Any attempt not stream would be disqualified. No-resets offline would be considered practice, but an offline pb would not count.
>People wait until the last bit of the season so that people don't try to copy their strats in an attempt to beat their time
I don't see a problem with this. If someone finds a better strat, it means they are a better player.
>The factor of "something fucked up my run, now I need to start over" is magnified here
If you fuck up the run, it means you are shit and will place on the leaderboard accordingly.

>because the best practicer would have the best time.
"Spamming runs" is a form of practice that allows you to go through the game fully, and yet this is paradoxically something you're trying to null.
>If someone finds a better strat, it means they are a better player.
Not only is finding a strat not the only mark of a batter player--execution plays a big part as well--but like I said, it slows down optimization of the game to about four times per year. Speedrunning isn't just about competition, it's about optimization as well--that's one of the reasons why you don't see a competitive TAS scene.
>If you fuck up the run, it means you are shit
Not only can many factors such as RNG fuck up a run, but no matter how skilled you are, you're going to make mistakes at some point.

>"Spamming runs" is a form of practice
The most retarded and inefficient form of practice.
>it slows down optimization of the game to about four times per year
On the opposite it would accelerate optimization, because there is a reward to finding optimizations, when the top grindmonkey won't just copy it the next day and make all your work finding it obsolete.
>no matter how skilled you are, you're going to make mistakes at some point
More skilled players make less mistakes.

>"Spamming runs" is a form of practice
No, spamming runs is a form of brute forcing the run you want.
>Not only is finding a strat not the only mark of a batter player--execution plays a big part as well--
Then the "better players" can execute it the following season, once it is revealed. What's the problem?
>it slows down optimization of the game to about four times per year.
"Optimization of the game" doesn't fucking matter. Literally just calculate the theoretical sum of all best known segments, and there's your optimized time. HOW INTERESTING! We're talking about speedrunning in the context of leaderboards and competition.
>no matter how skilled you are, you're going to make mistakes at some point.
You will make fewer mistakes if you practice correctly. The more consistent you are, the better a player you are.

>The most retarded and inefficient form of practice.
It's a method of identifying your areas of growth for your actual practice later on. The only time people really spam runs in the unironic sense of the word is when they feel like they've practiced enough to get the WR/PB attempt they want, yet lose due to either RNG or failed execution. People don't just pick up a game and spam it forever.

>On the opposite it would accelerate optimization,
It wouldn't. You flat-out have less attempts at a WR/PB on stream, which means less optimization shown to other runners.
>when the top grindmonkey won't just copy it the next day
Once again, people don't just "grind" over and over and magically get results. Getting an optimization someone found down in the next day is most likely unfeasible due to the amount of practice you'd need to do to get said optimization down and work into your runs.
You could say that the reward is better in this scenario because your time for optimization lasts for a season assuming your execution follows, but speedrunning isn't about that and if that's your only goal, it seems more like shifting focus towards attention of who found what instead of who can execute what. This addresses
>Then the "better players" can execute it the following season, once it is revealed."
as well.

>More skilled players make less mistakes.
This does not disprove my point at all. Unless you can say with confidence that skilled players make no mistakes, your "limited runs" scenario will harm everyone.

>"Optimization of the game" doesn't fucking matter. . Literally just calculate the theoretical sum of all best known segments, and there's your optimized time.
Speedrunning is in part about optimizing the game through finding skips and techniques, and in another part execution. Your "calculation" misses this entirely.
If people cared about "competitive speedrunning", then the people on the leaderboards would hold tournies more often. They don't.

>If people cared about "competitive speedrunning", then the people on the leaderboards would hold tournies more often.
Racing are as bad, if not worse, than the current leaderboard model.

If you don't care about competitive speedrunning, why are you so strung up about leaderboards? Literally just spam runs as much as you want and then write your run down on a piece of paper if that's what you feel like speedrunning should be.

>Racing
racing tournaments*

>Racing are as bad, if not worse, than the current leaderboard model.
It's still a means of competition, ones that people don't use often because they don't care.

>If you don't care about compettive speedrunning, why are you so strung up about leaderboards?
I'm not strung up, I'm saying your proposed model makes no sense from a speedrunning standpoint. I'm completely fine with the current model of leaderboards, because it's pretty free.

>Literally just spam runs as much as you want and then write your run down on a piece of paper if that's what you feel like speedrunning should be.
This does nothing to show people your optimizations, nor does it do anything to build a community, nor does it incentivize people to share their accomplishments. Nor does it address the fact that, again, people don't just spam runs in a vacuum.

holy SHIT you guys are cray-cray!

>It's a method of identifying your areas of growth for your actual practice later on.
Then don't stream it and don't have it count towards your attempt total.
>People don't just pick up a game and spam it forever.
Yes, they do.
>speedrunning isn't about that
You mean "I don't want speedrunning to be that."
>Unless you can say with confidence that skilled players make no mistakes
Completely missing the point. Speedrunning should not be about getting a 1 in a million miracle by spamming runs for months.

These niggas aint even dat crazy doe

>Then don't stream it and don't have it count towards your attempt total.
I already addressed what "spamming runs" in the unironic sense was later, this is irrelevant.

>Yes, they do.
Please provide evidence for your claim, then.

>You mean "I don't want speedrunning to be that."
No, I mean the current state of speedrunning is nothing like that. You're the one proposing a reform, so "i don't want" arguments aren't really going to work that well here.

>Speedrunning should not be about getting a 1 in a million miracle by spamming runs for months
For the 20th time, this never happens unless it's an RNG game, in which case anyone aiming for the top has to do so. If this is the case, then people can simply choose not to run that game if they feel like it.

Nigga dat aint even rite doe

>Please provide evidence for your claim, then.
Look up a random speedrun stream.
>For the 20th time, this never happens unless it's an RNG game, in which case anyone aiming for the top has to do so. If this is the case, then people can simply choose not to run that game if they feel like it.
Or you can stop the degenerate grindmonkeyfication of the hobby and limit attempts to a reasonable number.

lmfao i fucking love monkeys

Bein on dat grind based af doe

All this crying when the current leaderboard format already displays the best players.

>Look up a random speedrun stream.
What? That only proves that people practice or speedrun, you're supposed to be providing evidence that someone picks up a game and then immediately does full game runs of it nonstop.

>Or you can stop the degenerate grindmonkeyfication of the hobby and limit attempts to a reasonable number.
No, because that's a retarded model for reasons expressed already.

You have actually gallen for the grind monkey meme. Fucking hell. This is a perfect example of a retard seeing people shitpost and believing he is in good company. You CANNOT make this shit up.

The only thing limiting attempts would do is stop someone from getting better times. There’s nothing wrong with doing runs. It’s actually how you achieve the best time you can. You have fallen for a meme.

>No, because that's a retarded model for reasons expressed already.
You didn't give a single reason besides "it's not how it currently is".

>You didn't give a single reason
I've given multiple, and your dwindling replies are easy evidence of that. You haven't even given me evidence of a runner that does full game runs non stop, for example. You've lost, and are stalling.

Most of your replies are so irrelevant and wrong, they're not even worth replying to. You have given literally no reason for keeping the status quo besides it being the status quo and you have again failed to do that in your latest reply. Instead of try to lead the discussion elsewhere by claiming I claimed I had examples of runners who do full game runs non-stop, when I never did that and grindmonkeys actually mash the reset button. But I guess since this reply is longer than yours, I won the debate according to your rules.

2018 will be the year toast bops 120 wr
1:38:09

>Most of your replies are so irrelevant and wrong, they're not even worth replying to
Then they should be simple to refute. Go on and refute their points like I've refuted yours, unless you're just making up things to try and make yourself feel right. Let's start here:

>Instead of try to lead the discussion elsewhere by claiming I claimed I had examples of runners who do full game runs non-stop, when I never did that
>>People don't just pick up a game and spam it forever.
>Yes, they do.

See? Easy refutation. Get to it.

They spam attempts, not full game runs.

You are arguing with The Freak. He doesn’t speedrun or have an interest in speedrunning, he just argues no matter what the reponse is. Just as a heads up, if anyone actually starts spouting shit about grind monkeys and the like, they are trying to bait you.

That’s what speedrunning at a high level is. Mostly attempts, because it’s hard to get a good run when your time is good.

Of course you’d know that if you actually did speedrun, which you clearly do not.

Fair point.

Everyone needs to understand this. Imagine his tantrum when no one replies to his 4 year old bait. Lmao!

Again arguing in a circle.
>It is the way it is, therefore it's right.

the guy you're arguing with has no brain, along with the majority of the speedrunning community. there is a very good reason most competitive communities see speedrunning as a joke.

list of people who emerged victorious:
the obsessed freak

list of people who suffered endless and irredeemable exposure aka total defeat:
18xhourxgrindxmidx52xmonkey

probably because it's a way that works pretty well for the community
change for the sake of change and nothing else is retarded and i hope you realize that

>for the sake of change
but it's not just "for the sake of change". are you even paying attention?

>but it's not just "for the sake of change"
except it clearly is, because the reasons for change are pretty retarded and are based on some "grind monkey" meme that isn't based on reality
do you speedrun?

think of speedrunning like a sport, an "e-sport" if you will. instead of thinking of world records as something to prove in an olympic format (antiquated), think of them as the score in a game of basketball at the park, except instead of 2 teams of players, everyone is their own team. i dont expect anyone from /srg/ to understand what its like to actually win a game or be good at a sport, but you can google it and it will all make sense. glad we had this talk!

What games do you play?

monkeyposter is the real grindmonkey

>think of them as the score in a game of basketball at the park, except instead of 2 teams of players, everyone is their own team.
This analogy makes absolutely no fucking sense. The Olympic track and field analogy works because it's time trial based, like speedrunning.

Competitors aren't given unlimited tries for obvious reasons, and it's completely insane that you can't see that speedrunning suffers for those same reasons.

samefag as fuck lmao

>The Olympic track and field analogy works
LOL

damn squid did loads of games this year and got a low 52 on the side... respect.

>think of them as the score in a game of basketball at the park, except instead of 2 teams of players, everyone is their own team.
how are permanent world records in a time trial competition comparable to the score in a single basketball game at the park?

you know what? word

>respect
>for a mid 52 after 3+ years of 18 hours a day of grinding
*bird laughs*

actually gonna word this. this is the info the freak doesnt want you to see

>too stupid to google as instructed

>purposely says his time wrong to try and make it sound worse
>lies about the timeframe to make it seem worse
>ignores the multiple other games

this is how you know the freak has lost

>gets top times in multiple other games
>can't even get a low 52 in sm64
really says a lot about how "hard" his other games must be lmao

but he did get a low 52

0-14 - low
15-29 - mid
30-44 - mid
45-59 - high

midx52

0-14 - low
15-29 - mid
30-44 - mid
45-59 - high

midx52

says a lot about how little sm64 is on the priority list for people with good taste more like LMAO

>runs it every day for hours for 6 months straight
>gives up at mid 52
>invests less than half of that effort into multiple other games
>gets top times in all of them
imagine thinking meme games are hard

this insanely stupid chart doesnt prove anything. you split the minute into thirds. there isnt two mids

>you split the minute into thirds
No, it clearly is split into quarters, as you can see.

>runs it every day for hours for 6 months straight
>6 months

>gives up at mid 52
>implying everyone should care more about sm64 than one of their main game times being threatened

>invests less than half of that effort into multiple other games
more misinformation to fit your agenda

lol

>quarters
>freak is so stupid he sees money in charts

lmfao. they dont call him dumber than reddit for nothing

imagine promising a 49 by 2018 and then grinding 70 star for 18 hours a day for over three years and peaking at a mid 52
you would never be able to live down the exposure
your name would forever be midx52

actually legally changing your name requires more work than just that

but it was a goal he dropped to go back to another game, and thats okay