/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=svHtc0GfE_s
youtube.com/watch?v=p7Ar-RctqyU
youtube.com/watch?v=YGSkWVXE2mo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Someone get Harada on the blower, this is too good not to happen. I don't give a fuck, I would swap him to my new main in a heartbeat
>Different tattoos
I dunno man, you're making me a bit uneasy now
>More like Nishiki
Saved it. Plus you could do him up like MAjima, Saejima, Akiyama and the rest. Or a solid gold suit and makeup so he looks like his statue
His RA would amost inevitably be that front rising kick with a red and white background. I have no idea why they push that move rather than, say, the Dragon King Essence.
>Reversal Tiger Drop
>Counter crumpling knee/ axe handle
So many possibilities

Do I really have to memorize all of this if I don't wanna lose over 50% of my hp in a single grab?

No, frankly. Most chains can be broken with either 1 or 2. It would behoove you to learn RDC escape specifically, but beyond that you'll probably be fine just going with 1 and spending a bit of time labbing the timing.

>t. King main

What does unga bunga actually mean? Come on, don't mess me about laddos. Also 'honest' is obviously an entirely meaningless meme to denigrate other people's mains.

unga = frame advantage
bunga = high damage
to be a true gorilla you need both

If you don't want to remember each chain grab

>Rolling death cradle setup
Just mash 2 because in the end if any king is doing this string they're going for the RDC because every single king that's learned the RDC will want to do it on someone
>If he's running at you
1+2
>Most other setups
Just mash 1

It's not perfect but it'll do, you could probably learn how to break each part before the RDC since there's not much to learn.

Not true, I use it once every 100 or 200 matches. The Reverse Special Stretch chain however...

If you see a king going down the RDC path and you fuck up the first two parts it's better safe than sorry just to mash 2 because getting hit with an RDC is worse than a dragon sleeper. 1 will deal with all the mash grab chains.

Unga bunga characters have good strings and 50/50 mixups. Honest/Dishonest relates to the amount of moves that can be abused online.

The people who are upset about Noctis fit into one of four categories:
1. People who complain that it wasn't a legacy character even though we have known since launch we are getting two GUEST characters
2. People who wanted a waifu because they care more about jerking off to characters and dressing them up
3. People who wanted crossover characters that either are from unpopular franchises or the rights are owned by fucking Sega who don't like loaning their characters out
4. People who would have loudly complained no matter who got in

Mind you I'm not talking sensible people who don't like Noctis as a character, would have preferred someone else, or just aren't interested in him being in. I'm talking people who WHINE that he's in and think handling characters like this doesn't have a fuck ton of business red tape behind it.

The people that complain he should be in Soul Calibur are just plain retarded.

>Conveniently leaves out people who wanted a character that actually fits

He fits as much as T6 characters, Raven/Maven, and the other guests

Not really

youtube.com/watch?v=svHtc0GfE_s

Fuck nekcbearded sexual harassers and mishima manchildren, this guy is by far the best tekken video maker

why would you have to memorize the inputs?

PRESS

>Demoted to Fighter
>By a toaster
I am SO fucking salty right now

Explain how he doesn't

Raven isn't from final fantasy

Sword

I agree with you that Noctis was a shitty choice but both Yoshimitsu and Master Raven have a sword.
You're either an idiot or a falseflagger

He looks fun to play.

Okay.

Oh yeah? Then explain pic related.

Two characters in the roster already used swords

Legit martial artists OUT
Anime characters IN
Simple as.

Thank goodness they got rid of MMAist Marduk, and added an exorcist who fights with spirit lasers.

>MMAist
He practices Vale Tudo you ignorant swine

>Implying Vale Tudo isn't basically MMA for poor favella fucks

Now they only have to get rid of the britbong boxer and taekwondo pirate.

Vale Tudo predates MMA by 100 years and has a set number of martial arts it incorporates rather than be fully freestyle. It also has hardly any rules, the fighters pretty much go in to kill each other.

MMA is pussy shit compared to Vale Tudo.

Guys if I held an open lobby and streamed it on the weekends on PC would you guys join?

Like how panda x gaming did for USF4

What region?

NA. NYC if that matters.

Does anyone in eu know this fucking tistaiou guy? He has a 1st dan Lars with 1000+ fucking wins. And everytime I run into him he doesn't do anything, doesn't press any buttons at all.

Theres a 400 win 1st dan Feng player who never stops pressing buttons in EU too. I literally just spammed power crush at him.

I'm fighting the same guy I fought yesterday in yellows but he's in green now with less wins and the same character. Fuck smurfs

Why do you care that he's smurfing?

Reminder that online -10 is the same as +5

ok grandpa.

What does it matter? Beat him either way.

Why does /tekgen/ hate TMM? He basically has the same exact bitchy attitude as everyone here.

The "I refuse to lab this character" attitude is absolutely not accepted around here. Lurk more.

The crutch of having a hellsweep is really something

he keeps running away from me

really doesnt seem that way by all the bitching about unga

>still no Josie Bishoujo figure
It's like they DON'T want my money

I hope that wincount meme will finaly die, when people realise how many just reset their wincount.

Almost no one around here has the tenure that TMM has with this franchise nor does anyone have a platform to screech that level of scrub mentality bullshit to thousands of impressionable viewers.

Plenty of people here while about dumb shit like unga or dishonesty but few reach "I refuse to lab Lucky Chloe" level.

Ketae?

yes hello sir

>"TMM has the same exact attitude as everyone here"
>no he doesnt
>"dude you're moving goalposts"

??

youtube.com/watch?v=p7Ar-RctqyU

Explain how he moved the goalposts.

It might not look like it but hellsweeps are linear as fuck. Sidestep and you avoid it completely

I wish Harada would hide rank wins like he did with names.

mishima HS yea. you cant even sidewalk leo's HS, shit tracks for days

thank you core a for explaining laterality in fighting games for me

Because it's not a hellsweep, it's a demoman

youtube.com/watch?v=YGSkWVXE2mo

just realzied i posted the wrong vid originally

Yes that would be good.

It's not just about sidestepping in the neutral though, it's the wakeup game. Being able to force your opponent into that sweep or launch scenario every single time is fucking frustrating. Most characters only get that kind of pressure at the wall, but a mishima can wavedash over in an instant. I know I'm bad I'm just salty I wasted months playing Lars.

You didn't waste anything if you learned the game.
The Devil Jin vortex is fucking annoying I know, but Kazuya can't really do it because it has the same risk with less reward. Heihachi can't do it at all.

So really, you'll have to face that situation only with DJ or a really risky Kazuya

hol up, how'd you know the guy wanted to post a Core-A video instead of the one he posted

Heihachi I understand but Kazuya still has ff3. Just cause his hellsweep doesn't 'launch' doesn't mean it's somehow bad. Lower reward sure, but the concept is exactly the same and he can still wallsplat.
He also has ws2/df2 for tracking out of cd doesn't he?

df2 launches only on CH and ws2 is launch punishable.
In any case you'll hardly ever find a Kazuya that does a wakeup vortex as much as Devil Jin. It's just too risky.
Bottom line: there's no way to simply deal with hellsweep. If you could deal with it easily, it wouldn't be such a great move.

Because he's a samefagging patreon shitter that links his own videos, that's why

Snake Edge made me so mad last Saturday I havent played since

ff3 is incredibly linear, even the slightest deviation will make it whiff completely, and it is also very slow, so much that if you're sharp I think you can option select the hellsweep/ff3 mixup on Oki (although SS is more reliable and works better). Df2 is -12 IIRC and not worth the risk on NH and ws2 is launch punishable plus a bit tricky to to out of wavedash (so it has a bit of execution barrier).

I agree with you though, the hellsweep is a bit cheap (and DJ's is OP). t.Kazuya main

ff3 is 20 frames, you're not seeing shit when he does it

i'm not patreon

but nothing is wrong with samefagging to support goood content, insect

>i'm not patreon

Where does everyone get their bnb combos for new character? And don't give me Mihawk, it's always a fucking crapshoot with that guy.

I watch Korean matches to see what they do

For Paul his Tekken Zaibatsu page has a great bible written for him that taught me combos when I was new. Now I play Jack and his combos are all just slight variations of his base combo.

pinned posts in the zaibatsu discord.

this

I've never hated fighting a character in any fighting game more than I hate fighting Alisa.

she's not even good

Is playing four characters too much? How many do you play, user?

tekken zaibatsu discord

i think 2 is the sweetspot, maybe 3.
four is a bit too much for me personally

I hop between kazuya, bryan and jack at the moment

hi Chanel

Don't do like Knee. I was watching him play as Steve against a Feng player and when he happened to block Feng's shoulder he did a df2, without thinking that Steve's df2 only launches on CH.
If a Korean master can fuck up like that then it's not a good idea to play too many characters.

is kazuyas wavedash harder than heihachi/djin/normal jim?
i feel like i fuck up more and start stutterstepping with kazuya more

If you're having fun, it doesn't really matter.

Nah

thats funny cause knee doesnt play many characters with a normal hit df2 launcher

huh.
weird

I think I'm going crazy. I can't seem to do a combo on player 2 side and I don't know if it's me or the game. Is this a thing?

Forgot to mention that it does work on p1 side.

Also, can't seem to get Tekkenbot to work, just get question marks and the box is completely empty. Is it just me?

The only thing i hate about her is her flying mixup. The elbow and the low are impossible to see AND she can cancel the fly.

There are no side specific combos, just the side you are less practiced on is going to be harder to do things. And as for Tekkenbot you probably have an outdated version.

no, its the same on both sides. its you being less comfortable on p2 so your musclememory is a bit off probably.
i had trouble with combos on p2 for a while cause i didnt dash deep enough most of the time

give me ONE good reason to not play leo

he's boring

play the robot

how can a character with so many options be boring though

you can sidestep everything out of the fly """""mixup""""""

>implying BOK 3 is boring