/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1129 - low poly edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

No

Requesting some Rogues stuff. I feel like they could have been a nice little crew of dickasses doing their own thing in the background sort of like what Team Hooligan became.

Can you possibly name 1 (one) thing wrong with Sonic Underground?
Protip: you can't

That's a nice lowpoly sonic. What game is it from?

*Beep Beep*
Best ship coming through!

The animation.

When they were happy together, I liked it.
Boom's sexual tension is great too though, even though it's pretty one-sided.

*Beep Beep*
Human Amy coming through!

Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams

Thanks bro

TFW Sega doesn't want romance in Sonic anymore

Not canon, have fun on your vacation.

Not enough Bartleby

Good. It was always handled terribly.

>anymore
The only time they had it was almost 12 years ago.

>Rouges
There's only one though

Why can't Amy have a crush on Sonic anymore?

>t. SatAM brainlet who can't appreciate the complex interwoven artistry of Sonic Underground's animation.

Legitimate complaint for pre-Tamers Sonic Underground

christmasu

user, check your spelling.

Unreal Engine 4 sure looks nice, doesn't it, HE2?

HE2 is probably optimized to hell and back specifically for lighting sonic games

Green sonic and pink sonic.
did white get three paychecks?

>TFW Sega doesn't want romance in Sonic anymore

It's for the best.

Because she's grown up and realized he doesn't like her that way.

Cute and full of energy

>no tail
you can keep her

>Not "Here Lies the Blue Buffoon"

Two actually.

Not for cartoon aesthetic games.
Your image looks like shit because it doesn't fit Sonic at all. I will never understand why kids are fascinated with the idea of using Unreal "realistic looking" for games like Sonic or Mario, it's just awful.

>be Lah
>be dead
>call weakfinite a weakling

As much as we shit on Green Hill, the minor details are all wonderful. You kick up grass when you run, and a small puff of grass shoots up when you land on the ground. Which makes me wonder if detail like that is necessary when you're going too fast to notice.

So if we ever get another Boom sequel, what would you like to see from it?

Goddamnit why can't we have nice games that look that yummy?

sad pic is sad.
Pretty much the only downside to immortality.

I was being ironic, but you do make an excellent point. Realistic lighting is just shit. Brown shaders and Bloom overuse was already an epidemic for a while. Real life is way more colorful anyhow.

Cream is too pure for this franchise

depends on who's playing. some people will appreciate it. others won't or don't care

Cream a cute. Shame we'll never see her officially get older and more powerful than any of us can imagine.

Eh, you never know. Time was actually passed in Forces so maybe characters can age.

The Advance games sure had some beautiful sprite-work.

>I was being ironic
O-oh.
My bad.

I haven't played Forces yet, what do you mean?

>human
>tail

u wot

>teen Cream
let's bug Sega or that Arin guy and make it happen

POMF

>I haven't played Forces yet
You're in for a okay experience

As mediocre as Forces is, I can't deny how good it can look visually.
Sure, not as good as Unleashed, but I'll take the framerate of Forces as a compromise.

She qt, sure but she not a hedgie. She just a chick with pink hair, red dress and hammer. Can get those anywhere.

They work for the mercenary, the masked man.

And the avatars are fun too. Makes you feel a little integrated into the game.

>six months
With all the character's in the main resistance force, its statistically impossible that someone didn't have a birthday.

Don't feel bad, user. You were right in your post.

I'm reminded of how Kojima spent like half of his budget on upgrading and improving the fox engine for mgsv.
And then he spent the rest of that time taking pictures of his breakfast and hanging out with Hollywood.

Hopefully with HE2 finished, ST can hire competent devs. Hopefully.

I'm beyond disappointed how they teased us with Chaos and it was nothing. Sonic Team be slippin' hard.

Question for /sthg/: From this description and without searching the text in the image, what game is being described here?

Hint: It's also a Sega-involved game.

I just want an older Tails so he can finally start doing shit on his own again.

That's Neptunia VS SEGA Hard Girls, isn't it?

Memes and funny faces

If boost is still a thing next game, can we please not accelerate and distort the tracks during it? I wanna listen to dope beats while going fast; not some shrill remix a 15 year old obsessed with vaporsynth boiled in an afternoon. This is one reason I find the Avatar tracks way better than Sonic's, and definitely miles above Classic's.

>Real life is way more colorful anyhow.
But real life isn't realistic enough, we need to go darker and grittier.

This bat

SANIC, Blast Processing, and & Knuckles are already canon now though. What's left?

I was surprised how invested I got in the dumb OC stuff to the point of being overly fashion conscious about them. I've lost control of my life.

Also the Drill wispon is fucking insane.

We need to get GG to talk about it for Mememan to notice.

but user you need to feel the speed in all your two senses during the game, you gatta HEAR the speed

But muh immersion
Muh blast processing

>If boost is still a thing next game

Making Sonichu Sonic's rival

Like making a move on Amy since Sonic obsv don't give a shit. Someone should help her out with her 'hoglust

beep

You called?

>Amy

user, we've known for years that Tails wouldn't touch that with a 10-foot-pole.

Correct

Is it possible?
I'll write them and ask for a guest spot. Then just keep talking rabbits until they get enough meme-dollars

I didn't expect the Avatar to be the best part of Forces. it just feels a lot more involved and fun than any other part.
I'd absolutely play an Avatar based spin off.

>be*p
You mean KNOCK

Only reason I bother going back to Advance 2.

He's been skulking in Sonic's shadow, unable to get her attention. But now Miles is all growed up, he's gonna get what he wants.
Shoes.

I think Gens did a good way of handling it in a way but not for all their tracks oddly. Only Modern Green Hill and Sky Sanctuary had a normal and "faster" stage theme when running at top speed.
I unironically enjoy the boost filter but Forces one isn't as exhilarating. The screen's FOV doesn't distort and increase like the last 3 boost games. Speedlines were cool tho

Because Tails likes having twenty dicks shoved down every orifice.

That's why everyone hate sonic fans.

Advance 2 has one of the best soundtracks in the entire franchise though.

It wouldn't work in the games anyway.
I liked it in the comics tho

Neither of these are the beeps

Good, be*p is shit.

Not particularly but whatever floats your boat.

t. Mom thrower

Who came up with this shitty meme spam anyway? Dumbass shipper scum in need of attention?

Since someone brought it up...

What are you guys expecting out of this?

Thanks for the support, but I could never be his rival. I like him too much.

Pretty sure they weren't talking about your donut steel.

A new level or two.

Green Hill Zone act 3

>momthrower
Shit sounds like it would be a postal 2 weapon.
Be*p is still shit btw.

More playable characters and stages? Unlockables? Hyper Sonic? Fucked if I know.

True but they're better and not forced memes.

Oh god, please give us Mecha.

Hopefully, a game that's not boring to play through.