/2hug/ - Touhou General

Previous thread Let's get along edition.

>So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway

1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games

The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Touhou Project Official Material Reading/Playing Guide
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

>AoCF Demo v2!
mega.nz/#!mclFRapR!b4TEtRSnAi81Y4CZHzjy4dTzJ81V0KDArXfDL6f5PqI

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/NdaSE

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version for game breaking bug in FMW2)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

Despite everything we say or do, Touhou still is and will always be, a video game.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.touhouwiki.net/index.php?title=The_Grimoire_of_Marisa/Kanako_Yasaka's_Spell_Cards&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Symposium_of_Post-mysticism/Yuugi_Hoshiguma
youtube.com/watch?v=LV_LRPy50hc
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense/Sakuya_Izayoi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

250 images in 250 posts!
You can do it, /2hug/!

Normal, Hard or Lunatic 2hug?

I just go with normal, hard is a entirely different league on it's own. Can't imagine lunatic.

I wanna do Marisa

Let's not.

How would you rate the previous thread?

Hard PCB and IN are pretty doable. For example, the second time I tried IN on Hard with Scarlet Team I got to Hourai's Elixir and choked

Some of the games are pretty hard on Hard though. SA and UFO kick my ass

Normal until it gets too easy, then Hard, then Lunatic.

It had like four good lengthy discussions, and managed to go through the picture drought quickly.
8/10, more threads like that one.

>no edition number again
Is someone keeping track of it?

What the hell happened to Marisa? She do something with ran and eirin?

This one is #78, last one was #77.5, #77 got nuked by a stray janny.

>not reading the manga

Gah fuck I knew I messed something up, this is edition 78. Don't bust my balls please

Don't worry, I'm sure Sakuyafag can do it.

The edition should be directly on top of previous thread

Good, let's remember this for the next thread.
Don't worry, I appreciate the change that makes it clear that the "Touhou for bakas" link is a guide. Hopefully more newfriends will now read it. Hopefully.

It was a fun thread I liked the part when Junkoposter came as a force vision and said to user "stop shitposting kudasai"

This is so ridiculous, everyone is free to enjoy Veeky Forums the way they like even if you don't

Please don't bring last thread's shitposting into the new one.
I enjoy Veeky Forums by telling others how to enjoy it, whachagonnado about it?

AYA BTFO

Can your 2hu clear a building while dual wielding handgrenades? I didn't think so.

Woah woah. Don't do that to third best girl. 2hug is for hugs, not for bulle.

Heca can go suck marisas futa cock

Then tell Miss "3rd best girl" to stop spreading fake news across Gensokyo then.

en.touhouwiki.net/index.php?title=The_Grimoire_of_Marisa/Kanako_Yasaka's_Spell_Cards&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop
My 2hu can throw a fucking tree. How about that?

Does the tree explode?

How can I? She's literally too ayayaya for that.

Your 2hu can do more than a tree you know.

But can she throw a mountain?

Does a bazooka weight as much as a tree?

A large wooden pillar, a tree, same things.

>Bazooka
Wrong girl user, I was talking about Reisen there. and it's not a bazooka

It's made of wood? It looks like steel from that pic.

I love how this looks like an actual fight they would have.

How is that a handgrenade? It's not a pistol?

wthvohp?

I wonder if the Perfect possession and Hatate's thoughtography could mesh well, like in Koishi's case. If so, she could have a good chance of getting in.

Old /k/ memes, the Glock 22, which was chambered in .40 S&W, had an unsupported chamber in it's first generations, so retards who didn't read the manual would put their custom "Super omega +++++P++++ hot loads" in the gun would have the thing explode. It's since spread to every model of Glock thanks to meme magic.

en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Symposium_of_Post-mysticism/Yuugi_Hoshiguma
No, can Suika's footstep alone make nearby buildings collapse?

That's because it's a fangame...

I know that obviously, but you think kanako can lift a pillar made of steel?

That's just an old webm, user. I'm not one of the players.
Sorry if I made you hope for something more.

Oh but she can lift a fucking tree? Logic doesn't work in Gensokyo.

It's okay
I'm the suika in that webm

You remember that on top of your head? You must really like guns.

I do, but that's honestly really common knowledge. Especially if you go on /k/.

A lot of Suika webms were posted in the old /v/ threads.
I wish I got to play with you guys back then.

Sorry about . I didn't know it was a honest question. I would say yes. In GoM, Kanako can playfully throw threes in danmaku battles. Since the weight of a wooden pillar is not that much different from a steel pillar, she can probably lift it if she was serious enough.

imposter!

Honestly I think the only reason few people play soku now is that other 2d fighters have made it obsolete and it's just for the novelty of playing a 2hu game. I wish Tasfro didn't drop the format, imagine if they kept at it with the same style, you could easilly have a very in-depth and balanced fighter not unlike the populars ones such as Blazblue,

For the aerial fighters, I think people just play them for the story lore and music, basically everything other than the gameplay.

It's okay bro just a misunderstanding. If she can playfully swing trees around like it's nothing then stell should be fine. Would not take her on in a fist fight for sure.

You can't play it now?

Aside from the campaigns and music, there's also the characters they'd never get to play as otherwise outside of fangames.

>density of wood: 300 to 1000 kg/m3
>density of steel: 7,750 to 8,250 kg/m3
Yeah, not that much different.

Soku was really dumbed down tho

No one ever joins when I host, and I don't want to keep nagging random anons to play with me.

Look at this shit, you have to keep dodging for 20 seconds before you can even actually take a picture of Remi. Somehow her bat form just aint good enough for aya.

Indeed. More newhus = more fanmade content. Which reminds me I should get to playing that Tenshi platformer game, but my 2hu games backlog is looking pretty big already.

How so? I honestly didn't notice that much of a difference from SWR, I did only do the campaign with Sakuya and Meiling after all.

Where's the chainsaw?

Well, I'm wrong then. Or maybe she can. She's a goddess after all.

For Meiling or for Sakuya?

Why would they need a chainsaw? Tactical dynamic door entry?

Soku is a really dumbed down masher with RNG elements.
IaMP was the real deal but it was too hard for people so it never got popular

If touhou is so great then why is there no touhou golf game?

Well there's a touhou soccer, is that close enough?

If i'm being honest I think I enjoyed IaMP more then SWR/Soku, though it could be for a personal reason. Wish I took a picture of Suika's final spellcard, it was fucking amazing and to be honest I think IaMP was pretty ahead of it's time for a 2004 game.

Seriously, loading this up after beating PCB for the first time blew my fucking mind youtube.com/watch?v=LV_LRPy50hc I couldn't believe how old the game was. I know this sounds a little autistic but I felt like something was "lost", like this game was done in a much more innocent and simple time. Pic very related.

I fucking feel you man but I'm not any good at the games, I just projectiles spammed with Sakuya and cheesed spellcards for the campaign, I remember fighting a milo hoster and I only won like once out of the 30 matches. I'd love to play PoFV though, just not right now.

Golf is the patrician sport

Load up wii sports with your 2hu miis and bam.

Why can’t there be touhou baseball? I’d find that pretty interesting. Patchy would probably be the one player who just eats all the sunflower seeds

Why don't we just make touhou football while we're at it?

Why stop there? How about Touhou Curling?

There's already a touhou football game do you mean american football?

>first try
>first
>fucking
>try
I can't even begin to comprehend what just happened to me. Marisa C is a complete beast of a shottype. That bomb is literally a gift from God almighty. I fucked up so many times, yet I still managed to get through everything Koishi threw at me.
I hope the remaining three shottypes treat me this kindly.

Fucking damn son, are you just about done with SA or is there more to go?

Pic related, again good job, one day I'll know the satisfaction of clearing an extra stage.

Dude, isn't Koishi one of the harder extra bosses too?

Considering the touhou "football" you're talking about has "soccer" in the title, what else could I possibly be talking about?

There’s enough 2hu’s for two teams, so why not? Who gets concussed first?

IaMP was in a whole world of its own in regards to music, spritework and art thanks to Tasofro back in the day, so stepping into it for the first time was pretty fucking magical seeing an official Touhou game with a more "normal" style, even if ZUN's style is always a classic.
Hell, even better if you like the SDM since pretty much everyone aside from Flandre and Meiling (the latter would of course later debut in Soku along with Cirno, ALMOST completing the entire EoSD Cast not counting minibosses) was in it, though that was more due to choice limitations than anything.
Not to say SWR and Soku were bad, but by then we'd already experienced IaMP so there wasn't as much of a "feel" for them aside from the gameplay shift and additional ten characters they both brought with them in total, and even then most of them seemed kind of obvious as a result of being one of ZUN's top-tier favorites, trying to patch up the remainder of EoSD's cast or having already appeared as a character in another recent spinoff or mainline game, even with Soku's goal of trying to have the scenario's protagonists be on the weaker side of things compared to everyone they face off against.

I refuse to pronounce such obscene word, the american football should be called handegg and the normal football should remain like that.

Why are their dead bodies not rotting?

There's still Marisa A, Reimu B and Reimu C to go in Extra, and obviously Hard and Lunatic for the rest of the game someday. I'm far from being finished.
Thank you
I find her relatively simple, but that's probably because I play SA so much. Between different savefiles, I probably have like 200 attempts at her, mostly with Reimu A. Only like 5 succeeded, 4 of them this year.

Because they’re vampires user

They are actually alive.

user, when google says "52 players", they only mean in total, not on the field, we could have way more than two teams

Because they drain the life out of people when they deposit their semen inside their womb.

Holy shit, fucking spot on rumiaanon, not much else to say other than thanks for such a well thought out and meaningful post. I wish Touhou could pull of a "ahead of it's time" thing again but we are way past that for a one man team like zun and Tasfro wants to play it safe with the aerial fighters.

You think Remi or Flan love Sakuya so much and are conscious of the fact that she'll be outlived by them, mutilate themselves (they regen fast), burn their limbs and put the ashes in Sakuya's tea when she isn't looking so that Sakuya will live as long as they do?

>You think Remi or Flan love Sakuya so much and are conscious of the fact that she'll be outlived by them, mutilate themselves (they regen fast), burn their limbs and put the ashes in Sakuya's tea when she isn't looking so that Sakuya will live as long as they do?

Remi can turn humans into youkai with her ability, at least according to PMiSS, so she wouldn't have to burn parts of herself to give someone a longer life. Sakuya might be able to extend her lifespan on her own though, due to the nature of her ability.

>pretty much everyone aside from Flandre and Meiling
Meiling was in IaMP, she just didn't have a story mode.

If Sakuya isn't able to stave off aging with her own powers, I'm sure Remilia is doing it for her one way or another.

I'm not even a remifag and goddamn Remi is such a good person for obvious reasons, ignoring the mist incident of course

I wish Wriggly was able to make it in, she's one of my favorites and she really did have a interesting enough concept to warrant an entire moveset. Would've loved to see what her campaign was liked, might have been a nice insight to the lower level 2hus too for an ending.

Remi is said to be pretty arrogant and selfish in the EoSD manual, but everything she died after EoSD makes her seem like a genuinely nice person to me. She even gave a home to the hobgoblins when everyone else abandoned them.

>but everything she died after EoSD

I obviously meant "everything she did after EoSD" here.

Remilia only looks after everyone at the mansion because they're useful to her. Don't get the wrong idea and think the Scarlet Devil is actually some kind of big softie on the inside.

Yeah, I'm sure all those hobgoblins that got chased out of the village are really useful.
Also: en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense/Sakuya_Izayoi
>The fairy maids are mostly useless

It's time to face the truth. The scarlet "devil" isn't all that good at being evil.

Well if there's one thing that changes someone's outlook on life it's a good ass kicking. What if when Reimu meant by "exterminating" youkai she meant that by changing thier outlook on thier circumstances by defeating them in danmaku? Man, I always wonder if either 2hu is literally 2deep4u or simple as fuck and shouldn't be looked into that much.

delet

Fortune Teller sure changed his outlook when he was put six feet under.

>used to think this was just fanart
>just found out it's official
What the fuck, ZUN

It's fake news.

One day I'll get to the printworks and know what you guys are talking about, one day.

It's okay. I still love her even if she's a failure as a devil.

I can't even do level 0

4 honestly looks the best to me, 5 is good, but 6 is just uncanny valley.

Why did leveling up make Cirno naked?

Well because 6 was supposed to be really high tier understanding of art, to a degree where you have a deep understanding of anatomy studies. But it ended up as uncanny valley to me.