/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #676

''Lighthouse memories'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Farewell - Behind the Scenes:
youtube.com/watch?v=19z8RzlatS4

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' 20 December 2017 (Out Now)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − Early 2018

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14521611
strawpoll.me/14521629
strawpoll.me/14658218
strawpoll.me/14659151
strawpoll.me/14659805

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/893507/Life-Is-Strange-Before-The-Storm-season-2-update-Deck-Nine-Games-episode-3
youtube.com/watch?v=V856p0yjfEA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Don't forget to kiss your Chloe today.

Chloe is #1

Reminder S1 > BtS

It's official. Deal with it.

Ambercucks BTFO

Which way would D9 find to ruin Kate's character if they decided to put her in BtS?

Everyday

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Is deck9 gonna work on another lis game?

I hope not.

Before Episode 3's release:
>The Amberprice sex scene is going to be so hot
>Can't wait for the retcon
>Chloe and Rachel are going to drive off into the sunset
>Sera is a witch
>All superpower questions will be answered
>Awesome Steph lesbian advice scene
>Rachel is alive
>Lmao BASED Daddy Zak, Frenchfags BTFO
>No Polarized endings for us :^)

After Episode 3's release:
>The most Chloe gives Rachel is a peck on the cheek
>Deck Nine fucking sucks
>End choice mattered even less than Polarized
>Rachel ends up in the Dark Room no matter fucking what
>Chloe is still at home though she burned every bridge with David and Joyce
>You have to solve Fermat's Last Theorem to get Rachel to meet Sera
>Rachel apparently still at home though she knows her father tried to kill her mother
>Damon Merrick? Who? The guy killed off screen?
>Sera's not a witch, just a junkie
>Does Rachel have powers? Lol I'll never tell :^) t. daddy Zak
>Frank kills Damon while half-dead from a stab wound suffered many hours before. Or did he? Who fucking knows

GET OXENFREE

NO

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Cozy

I own this game on steam but I never bothered to finish it

It's like LiS, but with actual gameplay and meaningful choices, and a correct use of time travel

I like what the ending tried to do but feel like they made it too abrupt and so it was such a shock and almost seemed like a joke.
If you pick the Bay Ending then you have to watch all of the moments with Max and Chloe pass by and be erased. Here, you watched some of the moments with Rachel and Chloe happen but then are reminded of how it ends. Perhaps a little too bluntly, they could have shown how things progressed with Chloe fighting with Joyce and David, Rachel moving to the Blackwell dorms, meeting Frank, but Rachel and Chloe still comforting each other throughout tall this, and then ending with Rachel seeing Jefferson the first day of class or something. Using the same photo strip trick but showing Rachel texting Chloe and then looking up and seeing Mark.

The basic point remains. You cannot save Rachel and this game was never trying to achieve that. Only introduce you to her and Chloe's time together. There is still more of a story and you all already know it.
You can save Chloe later on, arguably with the help of Rachel.

A L W A Y S

also, ponytails are cute

But with boring, two dimensional characters, bad/confusing plot and very uninviting world.

I was curious about the game last year so I tried watching playthroughs on youtube of it, couldn't get through more than few episodes of any youtuber. I just really didn't like it, at all.

>also, ponytails are cute
Agreed.

Forever!

Always!

Cute! Shouting!
Really like this one. I like the style, the outfits, and it makes me feel like they're in their own apartment.

Life Is Strange Before The Storm - Season 2 update from Deck Nine Games will delight fans
express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/893507/Life-Is-Strange-Before-The-Storm-season-2-update-Deck-Nine-Games-episode-3

c:

This title is a bit sensationalist, though.

If they would make a season 2 then why make the montage at the end of ep3

Bullshit article

>two dimensional characters
Disagree, they show very different sides of themselves depending on your choices
>bad/confusing plot
Much better than LiS though, and your choices carry over through multiple playthroughs (the game is one big time loop)
>very uninviting world
I'd say it's like stranger things in how it balances comfiness with danger

I mean it's free right now, so you don't have anything to lose other than some time and disk space

I was Amberprice but after Episode 3, it made me dislike Rachel so I'm back to Pricefield.

>Pricefield will you take me back? I have realized my mistake in switching.

Ending was a huge dose of bittersweet.
Makes me wonder what the Farewell Episode will be like, it should be pointless fun since it's supposed to take place in 2007. At least there's months until that's out because if it came out right now it would feel awkward.

Farewell probably won't be out until March

It would be cool it they would change the mixtape mode location to Rachel’s room so you can listen to songs with her

It's supposed to be comfy, but they'll probably cut 80% of the fluff in order to tell a dark and gritty pirate tale that ends up pointless and poorly written because Max and Chloe are 10 and can't write good adventures. Then there's a flashforward to Chloe watching Nathan walk into the Blackwell bathroom and following him in.

>huge dose of bittersweet
More like a massive disappointment. Most of the fans agree.

>I mean it's free right now, so you don't have anything to lose other than some time and disk space
Why would I do that, I didn't like it one bit when I watched other people playing it, why would I then try to play it? I'll still be wasting my time.

>Lower Max
>Lower
>Looooower
>Chloe this is as low as I can go
>You and I both know that isn't true

All these memes... for nothing

pretty much, yeah

time to delete them all

I wanted there to be some kind of irrefutable link to S1 to shut down the annoying part of the fanbase...but not like that.
I don't feel guilty or anything like that, I feel sympathetic towards a majority of BtS fans. The ones that weren't trying to undermine/bully Max's or S1's fans. They had some really nice moments in the game and then the finale had a lot of issues and that out of nowhere atomic bomb of an ending. Right after a nice montage that was starting to line things up a little more.
Just because I like Pricefield does not mean I hate Rachel, far from it. I wish there was a way Rachel could have lived, gotten to apologize for her mistakes, befriend Max, become better, and still stay in Chloe's life in some way.

The legion, like, 2 days ago.
If this isn't karma, I don't know what it is.

There's an element of karma for a specific group of fans, but with such a shocking and sweeping approach a lot of civilians got wiped out at well.

A lot of legion followers were really nasty. Karma is a bitch indeed

Max and Chloe are kind and considerate lovers

What the fuck is this image supposed to mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=V856p0yjfEA

A lot of them were (hopefully) memeing. Someone genuinely hating Max and believing Rachel was flawless, or vice versa, is pure fanaticism with no place in the game or realistic discussion of it.

>calls Max schizophrenic
>EP3 comes out and has Chloe, while awake and sober, having a conversation with her dead dad.
Pure pottery.

And another one. Goddamn it puts a smile in my face when I saw the Jefferson ending

stop shilling your videos here, reviewbrah

They most certainly are.

Neither Chloe nor Max is schizophrenic, if that's what you're trying to get at.
The only characters who could possibly be like that are Nathan or Jefferson but even then I'm not sure that's the right condition.

I doubt it. The legion was known to be crazy. I highly doubt any of them were joking. Meming about a mental illness? Making fun of an illness? There is bound to be karma for that.

It felt great getting to see Chloe at her wit's end panicking and uselessly trying to contact Rachel, huh?

I don't think Max would like you very much.

>tfw not a single LiS game until now has had a proper good ending

Max & Chloe would get mad at people saying such terrible things about Rachel.
Rachel & Chloe would get mad about people saying such terrible things about Max.
All thee would be disappointed and want to part in that.

oxenfree

Yeah, yeah. I know.
I just found it ironic that the game gave evidence that their golden girl might have the same mental illness they kept making fun of Max for having.

God fucking dammit.

Lis season 2 better be about trannies

Wasn't Oxenfree's ending literally "time rewinds back to the start of the game so literally nothing you did matters"?

I struggle to think of anything worse in a game about choices.

Will Bandai Namco save us?
They're making a L.A Noire/Alan Awake/LiS-eque type of game alongside with dontnod.

youngechosugar is a national treasure

The few art works I've seen of it look interesting.

F

>alongside with dontnod.
is that supposed to be a good thing?

No, you can leave messages for your next time-loop self, and that self retains your previous self's personality based on your attitude throughout the game. Depending on how you word the message and how your new self reacts to it, you can stop everyone from heading into danger, so your choices actually do matter even in the "best" ending. It requires two playthroughs to get it, and that's only one of the 6 endings.

Are beta tester user or beta tester friend user in here?

lol

Wasn't that added post-release after people complained?

Anyone know a comfy amberprice fanfic to make me feel okay again?

Yes, but why does that matter if you're playing the game now?

Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 and its sequel Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 2

I'm being a shitty asshole and asking rhetorical questions. I've already played the game, I just hold a grudge against it because that original ending was so offensively bad. Fair play on them trying to fix it, though. I didn't realise they'd put that much work into it.

Har har, you don’t have to be a dick you know, I fucking love pricefield too, neither of them would want this shit

How did Rachel's phone get a signal underground?

I'm an Amberprice stan. The legitimate reason there aren't that many Amberprice fanfics is because the actual game is (was) so good and satisfying and people don't feel the need to write their own stories to "fix" the unsatisfying canon. I always go back and watch the canon comfy scenes we got to cheer up.

Chloe is sticking with her interior design philosophy of "hot chicks on walls", I see.

Fair enough, I’m sorry man far too defensive tonight, good advice

Or maybe because BtS's last episode just came out recently so it's natural that there isn't a lot of Amberprice fics at the moment.

Or because Amberprice is legit still new. All Pricefield fica are built from 2015 and it's now 2017.

>that original ending was so offensively bad
Really? I thought it was pretty good (compared to LiS and BtS). What were your choices? Did you save Michael?

There will likely be more Amberprice fics in the coming weeks. Keep checking in on sites and tags and maybe you'll find something you're looking for.

Exactly how I felt too. Until yesterday, I guess.

That might be part of it, but the lack of fics actually is strange. There were a ton of Pricefield fics while LiS was still in development. I honestly think that's because fans wanted more comfy between Pricefield. Deck Nine straight out gave us lots of Amberprice comfy in the game. Until they cut it all out of ep 3 anyway. Pricefield had more gaps to fill in than Amberprice did.

I'm working on a amberprice fic, but I main Pricefield

Cloud 9 was so high up in the atmosphere, we're in space. But all the stars are dead and faded out. It was all lies.