/simg/ - Simulation General

>A new DLC for GT:Mius Front has been released
>DCS: Do not buy M-2000C and NTTR and newer modules from steam, because you can't use them in stand-alone.
>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l8t2itS4vkOHAxa0tKdzI2aEk/view
>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher is a replacement for stock BMS launcher including key/axis mapping feature. It can configure and save BMS SETUP per Joysticks. When you launch BMS through this app, it auto generates proper setup files and overwrites them for current device order before BMS find them changed and initialize your setup.
>TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Falcon 4 and BMS 4.33U3 setup
mega.nz/#F!r11BxCRC!nC2Rttjjx8WLqvPF-6SYKw

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in
>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX
>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE
>Strike Fighters 2 For Dummies
pastebin.com/M5JQ2S7A

>Autism corner
mega.nz/#F!348iRBxC!UwZ7fEhKS8ASAGRYKSHzeQ
>US Army Manual Index
pastebin.com/m98ZrWpP (embed)
>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf (embed)

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Squad, Tank Warfare: Tunisia, Combat Mission.
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4, NoLimits2.

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór, Șqűád
OLD:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/b4P1D
youtube.com/watch?v=BPyly_sn5s8
youtube.com/watch?v=CzNa1_0MtHo
store.steampowered.com/app/742790/Tank_Warfare_El_Guettar/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why would play anything other than the hog

no idea, let me take this opportunity to shill the best joystick ever

we love our F10 navigators, don't we /simg/?

He gave our deadass thread like 400 posts. I want them back

I do admit even though he was a faggot nigger and his presence shit up the thread, it all gave me a bunch of keks and the thread was interesting with all the drama.

But allow on redditor in, and next thing you know he invites the rest of his parasite friends from hoggit and the thread turns into hoggit v.2. That I don't want.

So what is the new mouse front dlc on? What kind of new units does it bring? Did they make the unit editor easier to use?

Mobile MG Panzernests.

Nothing m8
Just the largest graviteam campaign to date

literal shitstmop

will post webms from this slaughterhouse tomorrow

What kind of scale is Graviteam played out on - company level? Platoon level? Battalion level?

I'm itching for a company level tactics game.

You came to the right place.
This is only for the new DLC though, the rest are played on platoon level from the map.

Awesome. How's the learning curve?

>I'm itching for a company level tactics game.
Combat Mission
>pros
has squad/platoon/company/battalion+ scale
Much better infantry gameplay
lets you have more of an effect on small unit tactics
multiplayer

>cons
Doesn't look anywhere
near as good runs worse
maps are smaller
Tank gameplay/simulation is much better in Graviteam
devs are charging $60 because "it's so niche" even though they re-use assets every "new" game

>neutral
Designed around the turn based mode. There is a real time mode, but it gets hard to use around a company size force. Not an issue if you prefer turn based

what should i buy:

Mius Front
or
Tank Warfare Tunisia?

Do you prefer the eastern front or north africa

Honestly Mius front is fun as fuck right now.
But it goes up to you, TW has more faction variety. But Mius front definitely has more vehicle variety. It's that game where you see gorillions of different variants of the same tank/vehicle on a single battlefield.

>devs are charging $60 because "it's so niche" even though they re-use assets every "new" game
You just described Graviteam
They lowered prices though, apparently.

Interesting, I'll start watching some YT playthroughs on both.

Thanks user.

Did prices for SABOW and Mius front get reduced or am I losing my sanity
I think they used to both cost 40-50ish $? now they're both at 29 & 34$

I thought Graviteam games always were around $30

Combat MIssion also covers more theaters, so decide which one interests you the most and watch videos on it specifically.

Battle for Normandy - Western Front in the weeks following D-day. Expansion for Market Garden.
Final Blitzkrieg - Western Front during the Battle of the Bulge
Fortress Italy - Italy, with an expansion for another part of italy
Red Thunder - Eastern front during Operation Bagration
Black Sea - Modern day US/Ukraine vs Russia

Oh.... post-D Day and Ukie vs Rus both appeal to me.

I don't remember how much content is in vanilla Battle for Normandy, but if you like it there is already 2 expansions for it that would add more content. I don't remember if SS were in vanilla or part of Market Garden expansion.
Black Sea doesn't have any expansions right now, but they could be working some. Not sure, I don't really check their forums.

The main difference is that combat can end much quicker in Black Sea. Most units have radios/GPS, which lets them share info rather quickly compared to the WW2 games. Also the amount of autocannons on vehicles and explosives/automatic weapons with infantry makes the combat more deadly. This isn't really a bad thing, it just plays quite a bit differently to the WW2 games

>Most units have radios/GPS, which lets them share info rather quickly compared to the WW2 games.

Oh so that's a mechanic? That's pretty neat.

>earth rounded in screenshot

Round earth shills pls go

This.
Do these Satanists's trim their noses down so they may enter the depths of hell? Because that is where these Hoggit fags will end with their wicked preaching.

What youtubers do you follow and why?

reminder that i killed filthy migposters and bmposters from this general
feels good man
:)

Do you mean for DCS? Grmlz and Magz are both tier 1.

Bismarck and Grmlz, because I like the content they deliver.
Also Bismarck flying with Bo and co is always a riot.

>magz
a fucking furry simdad
also a beta cuck thats offended by the word "cancer"

off both yourselves reddo cucks

R A L F I D U D E

is the only kino simmer

Story on the gif?
Are the crew kill?

>Unidentified Syrian tank blown up by an internal explosion after an RPG hit early during the uprising
That's all I know.
I'm pretty sure the crew is dead.

slav tanks being slav grade reliable and safe, it seems

okay thanks.

DCS 2.2 graphics are shit.

Try the harrier for vtol. It is so much fun just to fuck around with. You can land wherever the fuck you feel like and still do Mach 0.9.

It's not their fault you're a faggot with a graphics calculator on ultra low settings.

imgur.com/a/b4P1D

======================joke=====>

Your head

how do I git gud at operation star?

it seems every game I either get curb stomped completely, or barely win/lose and have no ammo left then get curbstomped

The hog is a fat piece of shit

youtube.com/watch?v=BPyly_sn5s8
I wish I had a good pc and vr to play dcs.

AY

AY YO

WHY DIS TEKNOLOGY NOT BE PRESENT IN DEEE SEEE ESSS?

youtube.com/watch?v=CzNa1_0MtHo

Hey that's my ANG wing.

Is there any other youtuber like grmlz? For DCS, Il-2 or whatever.

unintelligible 3rd worlder that barely speaks english you mean ?

ANG?

chu mean?

There's one called Felonier 44, he has a lot of in-depth videos explaining systems, navigation, weapons deployment, some cool campaigns he runs with his squad buddies, etc. But you might not find him very enjoyable since he's a spaniard making videos in Spanish

English is my fourth language and I still have no trouble understanding him.

>fourth language
damn call centre pakis go through a lot to keep their tech support job

Are you really this lonely?
I'll gladly give you a couple more (You)s, but you can also fake them now if you're desperate enough.

did i hit a nerve?

sorry i didnt congratulate you for being born in an irrelevant country with an irrelevant language and having to learn superior languages to survive.
nobody gives a shit, europoor

Mate, you're getting into an awful lot of projecting here. Maybe your smug superiority complex is not as warranted as you would like to believe if you can't even understand Grmlz. There are neds around here who speak worse English than that "third worlder".

>projecting
you're the insecure paki here, understanding that idiot grmlz is nothing special, i was making fun of his terrible english and pronunciation.

but you seem to be so proud for it, which prooves that you're a dictionary-holding headset-wearing pajeet.

Yes, tell us how your joke was brilliant, it's the gosh darn shitskins who can't appreciate your wit.
Nah, you're just a dumb cunt and you're trying to damage control.

let's see how well you speak german lol

>europoors are so assnuked they're siding up with pakis

i'll never have to learn any other language, subhumans.
i already speak the civilized language of planet earth, you inferior beings have to step up to my level.
got it?
dont worry, copy paste this in google translate if you have troubles
;)

Fine, you'll get one more.

if you're not a native speaker don't be an arrogant asshole and bother other people with your terrible accent, only because you think you
"know english"
Thank you,
the entire native-speaking english community

omg this so much
every time i join the ts i feel like im in a late night bus ride

>post on /simg/ asking for info on how to navigate properly
>check on thread next day
>"lol you retard cant even"
Yeah fuck you too. I was the one asking nicely, the "if you dont f10 you are an autist" was someone else.
Also, it was about foggy landings in dcs, not navaids in general.
>im made

What are the chances of this fuckboy being from some non-coastal state and has a redneck accent?
Friendly remindet that if your state doesnt touch the sea you are literally worse than indians.

t. california coffee-edema abuser blacked dot com lifetime subscriber
pass by utah and ill fuck you up

Woah
It's almost as if you don't always win in wars and there's something called casualties

Why are you replying to f10 guy, niggers.
He's a street-shitting pajeet, those are his usual shitting hours.
He's assblasted and bitter about how he got flung outside of /simg/ two weeks ago and will start a miniature threadwar in the ded hours over anything and fight anyone. That's how angry he is.

>f10 guy

:)

hornet is cool but why couldn't they make the super hornet instead

wew lad
another new DLC for tank warfare is already out

Air National Guard.
That's the 125th Fighter Wing out of KJAX

>buy Op. Pugilist
>Graviteam releases a new DLC before you even finish it's campaign

The USN is still flying a lot of Superbugs. Everything is classified.

sekrit

They didn't let us take pictures of the cockpit (or stick a camera up the intakes) when I saw one. It's still too important to be handing out every single detail on it.

Also that's not a super hornet

>ugly plane
>give it ugly camo
>let your shit-smeared pilots graffiti all over it like it's some subyway tunnel in Manhattan

Is ARMA considered a sim?
How many people play legit Arma 2 and not just Day Z? Want to get back into it with some friends.

>Example of non-welcome games
>Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór, Șqűád

>Flight Sim World is now cheaper than FSX

Does it do anything better?

>ugly plane
dick lover spotted

No

Anyone have a link to that old-ass video where some guy acts like he's doing a DCS air refuelling tutorial, but then turns on his weapon system and shoots the fucker?

set fire arcs for literally every single unit so that they dont waste ammo on infantry 900 meters away and give away their positions

Ah, that's a classic.

"Just line up the gun boresight with the tanker, switch your master and gun arm switches to armed, and hold down the trigger for a couple of seconds."

It's 64 bit so it will be more stable and it would probably run better too.
I don't have it so I can't be more specific than that.

ikr, the boogiefag of /simg/

I've once tried to explain instrument approach minimums to posters here and someone told me you should attempt to land even if you can't see the runway at all. Simmers can be pretty fucking retarded sometimes.

Should i buy IL2 : BoS ? Is the online community active ?

>there are people who are too impaired to use navaids
>but they still play flight sims

put the f10 guy here and ill shoot him

They're on a roll right now.

Are there beginner servers on Squad where I can learn the game and not be a nuisance?

Literally all servers, just don't make a squad and don't pick a class besides rifleman until you know the basics

where the sale at

I just got Flaming Cliffs 3 for 50% off

Devs that literally post on Reddit
-RAZBAM
-Heatblur
-Belsimtek