/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Previous Thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as A Hat in Time, Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.
A Hat In Time has its own general for the time being.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

tell me about the slugcat
why does he wear the mask

Anyone had a chance to play sunless skies?

Anyone else ever play Ghost of Aliens? I just reached the grassy town after the initial desert and don't know how to progress.

Hmmmm

Goons not welcome

Bump

How do I deal with infestations in Rimworld? They're just complete bullshit about 100 days in. 30+ giant bugs.

You get the force powers mod and counter them with the even more bullshit lightning storm

Apparently you can co-op Cuphead (and presumably other games) through some experimental features between cards. Would anyone want to give that a try?

I was referring to NVIDIA cards, not sure why I fucked that up.

Fire, freezing, suffocation, long-ass sniper tunnels, and/or leapfrogging turrets.

They spawned in a sealed off cavern. I had 8 heaters but I still couldn't get the temperature over 30C (I had it set to 100C). When do they start freezing to death?

Heaters aren't the right way, would have to triple-wall them for more temperature/leaking gradients.
Instead,
3 stone doors. Pile shitty clothes inside, light fire, seal it. Guaranteed 200C in 10 seconds. Don't skimp on the undergarments.

Can I manually target clothes with a molotov or something?

You should be able to manually target any square with any ranged weapon, so yes.

Though, I might be mis-remembering.
Yes a molotov will work though.

Anyone know where I can find skeleton repair beds?
Up in Mongrel now, seen nothing since leaving Shark in the swamps and I HIGHLY doubt I'll find one in the holy nation.

Kenshi, btw.

Came here looking for skeletons.
Found a Beep instead. A Beep that feels its mind changing, that likes the change, likes freedom, wants to stop running, and to stab the things chasing it.
Beep wants to become a powerful swordsman.
If he doesn't die, he'll succeed.

So another feature I learned about is the Fate Trader. In the first campaign I saw him, he only had a couple of items. I notice his selection is wider now, and they're items he is selling is stuff I unlocked in earlier campaigns (when you're looking at the campaigns available, they have little starts listing the various weapons and trinkets you unlocked.. I thought this was kind of cool, because if it works how I think it does, it gives earlier campaigns some replay value because you can grab some sweet items that you normally wouldn't be able to get the first time you play the campaign.

Do cannibals have to eat so LOUDLY?

>be fedora tipper
>get quest that relies on your knowledge of the bible

Oof, glad I got the internet.

If ive played Oneshot is it worth playing again for Solstice?

is that an expansion or something

Oh, it turns out the brothers being named after the evangelicals was just unrelated. The puzzle was to read their stories in order, and I thought it would correlate with the order the evangelical's books could be found in the bible.

I asked this guy why he was regretful now, and my only choice after that was telling him he could redeem himself by freeing souls in purgatory.

I wonder what difference it'll make. I hope I picked the right choice.

Wrong pic, meant to post this one.

I looked at the recommended RPG's pastebin and I felt like a lot of the games listed were "not-rpg" rpg's. Is that just because this is /indie/ and you like stuff that's different or is there not any good indie RPG's that are more traditional in nature.

we have a pastebin for rpgs?
what're you looking for in traditional, i guess. more crpg or more jrpg?

Shit more screenshots
Recruited, repaired, killed, looted, burglar'd, absconded in 24 hours. A good Mongrel visit.
Just need to find Burn in the northern wetlands & head back.
Gonna be fucking rich.

>I reckon the beta branch will be pushed to stable a good time before the expansion's release.

So... enough time for one more beta?

Reloaded and made a different choice with the army guy. He killed himself, but I got this native guy instead. He looked pretty cool, even though he's injured. I think I'll stick with him.

Wasn't there a mechanic that turned injuries into rather powerful side-buffs?

Yeah. You have to survive two battles with the injury, and it'd turn into a permanent buff instead.

Gonna keep the meteors so I can get the companion, next time I replay this mission I'll absorb all the meteorites to get their powers instead.

Crpg, wrpg, jrpg are all fine. I'd prefer RPG maker games because I'm actually working on making an RPGmaker game but I don't actually have vast knowledge of games released with the tool. I have and have played Last Dream and its Expansion and I have CrossCode on my list (I know that's not RPG maker). I'm actually looking for good and bad games. Though I'd prefer not to get bad games that just have obvious problems like flawed programming or stock gameplay with no effort. I'd prefer interestingly bad games.

>one meteorite piece left
>have to kill a clergyman in a church for it and accept whatever holy punishment would result from it
or
>attack a brothel to break him out of his imprisonment, which would get me into a fight with the brothel guards and probably piss off the bigwig who had ordered him to be locked there in the first place

underrail's been the local flavor of the month for the last few months
age of decadence was also popular for a while but i wasn't as into it
as far as jrpgs go, trails in the sky was getting some chatter but i guess that's not particularly indie. most of the stuff that's jrpg-ish that i'd mention is more metroidvania

>underrail's been the local flavor of the month for the last few months

>few months
More like years.

Eh, waxes and wanes.

>the guy I'm trying to save was having a standoff with some chick
>side with the chick solely because she has a pair of tits

RIP Hardin. I hope I can absorb those meteorites after I'm done with the fight, since I'm not going to need them anymore.

Wait. What?

Where did you get that, Al Fabet?

Not Al Fabet, but I have no idea. I only just noticed it in my inventory.

>Just noticed a human heart in his inventory
That is Underrail players for you.

Spoilers: It's the players own heart.

Wait, maybe it was this guy? They were doing this cultist human sacrifice thing, so it fits.

How do you rate this game? Not a number... rate it in terms of other /indie/ favorites please.

ded

Does the Praetorian Security merchant sell Spearhead frames? I would prefer that over electronics from CoreTech.

>Does the Praetorian Security merchant sell Spearhead frames?
Yeah.

>not enough skill points to have a viable build AND have persuasion in Underrail

You need to seriously work on your buildcraft then. I always take one or two speech skills.

>implying
Might be hard to afford persuasion if you want to have dodge/evasion and lots of crafting though.

Crossbows
Traps
Stealth
Lockpicking
Hacking
Mechanics
Chemistry
Tailoring

What the fuck am I supposed to cut?

Nothing. Most of those skills don't need maxing. Unless your INT is 3 you should have more than enough spare points to add Persuasion to that list.

>you can stop levelling lockpicking once your white numbers get to 100
>stealth is good but with nice enough equipments you can live with only 60~80
>can stop levelling hacking at 100, 110 if you want some extra lore bits
>can leave chemistry at 60 for incendiary bolts, 75 if you want corrosive acid bolts, but you would also need 100 biology to extract corrosive acid

You don't need to max 8 skills. That's recommended for 1st playthrough because it's harder to screw anything up that way, but it's not optimal.

>Crossbows
Max it every level.

>Traps
This is probably the cheapest skill in the entire game. If you take a look at , mere 20 points with 7 DEX and mechanics synergy is enough to use crawler poison bear traps and MK III mines, not counting the trapper belt . Even if you want to use MK V, it won't take many points to get there.

>Stealth
Max it if you want to have as much damage with snipe as possible, otherwise 100-150 effective stealth is sufficent for just walking by enemies. In 95% cases at least.

>Lockpicking
130 effective skill is enough, this can be very cheap with high DEX and mechanics synergy.

>Hacking
135 effecive skill is enough, this can be very cheap with high INT and electronics synergy. You might also want to have 130 effective skill without the haxxor for a bit of bonus dialogue.

>Mechanics
Around 100 is enough to craft decent 120q crossbows.

>Chemistry
Don't remember the requirements for bolts, but they are below 100 if I remember correctly. The highest you may want is 112 for MK V mines.

>Tailoring
Around 100 is enough for decent infused leathers.

I thought if your traps wasn't maxed then enemies would keep spotting them

Praetors it is then. I'm already scared of Jookhela and the warehouse fight on DOMINATING.

Oh, it's lots of fun. Trust me.

If you leave them in the open, yes. That's just a minor inconvenience. They can't spot them if they can't see them before stepping into them.

If you place a bear trap in a 1 tile bottleneck (like doorways) enemies will have no choice but to run into it.

Even if the enemies spot your mines, you can still use grenades to remotely detonate when the enemy is standing next to them.

Rate

I doubt you will need mechanics/electronics/tailoring this high. Won't hurt if you have nothing else to spend those points on though.

Yes.

>no biology
>3 str xbow traps w/o pack rathound
>elemental bolts so late
>too low chemistry
>no snipe
>3 useless crit damage feats midgame
>nothing for crit chance before 20
>15 per
I can't give more than 1/10, that is borderline unviable.

You can't craft poison bolts, you can't kill bladelings. You can't craft corrosive acid bolts, you will suffer in endgame. You can't craft focus stims to get any use out of your crit damage feats. Hell, not even adrenaline shots. And you will want adrenaline to double your attacks/turn with 17AP crossbows.

All those crit damage feats are wasted on aimed shot, it will be overkill on anything with low resistances, might help against medium res but still does no damage on high res. You've got nothing for special bolt crit chance before deadly snares, which is ultimately all that matters.

How about you come to Newcastle sometime and I whip you for being such a dork, don't respond to my posts

Your future, I have foreseen it.

whatcha buying this winter sale? i'm thinking about
>Underrail
>The Silver Case

fuck A Hat In Time i'm pirating it

I don't think I fully understand the noise system yet.

If I kill the mercenary standing all alone in the upper room, everyone in the adjacent room immedietaly detects me. On the other hand I was able to drop the now dead mercenary below from the exact same spot and they only came to investigate the noise. Weird.

>inb4 close the door
Did that, nothing changes.

Disregard that, I'm blind. I just noticed the curtain is open and makes the guys in the main room see the lone mercenary.

Also, I'm dissapointed De Pacino had only 500 HP on DOMINATING. I was expecting at least 1000.

Yeah, I barely noticed the difference in difficulty with De Pacino, he didn't even have extra men. But Jookhela and warehouse more than makes up for it.

Urge to post this on codex rising.

>made it to DC
I remember one of the Anons here posted the screen with almost-dead 3000 HP Tchort.

Codex thought the game was too hard on normal difficulty, right?

But who will be responsible if it gives them a stroke?

Don't know about that. But they seem to think DOMINATING is the new normal.

>just realized W2C bullets are described as made out of tungsten carbide
The chemical formula of tungsten carbide is WC, W2C is tungsten semicarbide. While similiar they are nevertheless two different compounds, both can be used for armor-piercing projectiles though.

My autism is mildly displeased.

Codex is a dump of pretentious morons that style themselves as brilliant rpg gourmets. Fuck them.

The real question is: how does the PC manufacture the compound with nothing but raw materials and a blue USB stick?

Your wrist-computer is really high-tech stuff.

Well, tungsten carbide is made by sintering powdered graphite and powdered tungsten.

So basically, the PC must be strong enough to grind tungsten into very fine powder and be able to generate temperature of around 2000 °C and pressure of around 85 MPa for about half an hour.

And then cast bullets out of it and reload those into spent casings filled with TNT for propellant. With bare hands.

Not quite match grade ammunition. This might just explain why the effective range for rifles is pitiful. Also why weapons deteriorate so fast.

i bought Underrail
any tips for a beginner?

Don't spread yourself too thin with skill points and feats. It would be best to have a general idea of what do you want your build to be, take a look at feats you might want to pick up in the future and their requirements, etc.

Make use of every tool available to you in the beginning.

Do not play on DOMINATING. You can try Hard, but you should know that this Hard is much harder than it was a few weeks ago, which was already much harder than it was on release.

I don't know if it's an /indie/ favorite, but I'd say it's about as good as Expedition: Conquistador and Expedition: Viking.

>The expansion also has something new that scales with difficulty, not just combat.
What could this mean?

Prices

Mutagen puzzle sequence length?

Hey, I'd love that. My last mutagen puzzle was pathetic.

What kind of games similar to enter the gungeon can I find on xbox one? I dont quite care to play isaac and Ive played a good bit of rogue legacy but Im still hungry for more

source?

That would be interesting. Super steel costs a fortune, fully upgrading the house can already drain your resources, and Styg said the jet skis will be expensive business. And it would make pre-Depot A intense as fuck if you had even less option to buy consumables. Not sure if it wouldn't just encourage waiting for merchant restocks to sell your loot though.

It would also be another incentive to put points into mercantile.

So, it begins.

How pathetic are we talking about?