Normans were French

>Normans were French

what do you call "english fashion"?

t. butthurt anglo

The Normans were French though. Only asshurt Germanics say otherwise.

Unless you say the French at the time weren't French but 'Frankish', then the Normans were French.

I'm an anglo and even I realise this.

They were Germanics who spoke French and had a French culture

So French?

>the French are not Germanics

REEEEEEEEE!

>They were Germanics who spoke French

It was Germanic elite ruling over proto-french peasants that were celtic/romance.

what the fuck am I reading

what do Germanic/Celtic/Romance mean to you?

>In 1066 no other Germanic tribe had entered current France but the Normans.

Honestly, open a book before posting.

>Italians are white

When they arrived to Normandy in 911, they were Danish
By 1066 when they invaded England, they were French both culturally and genetically

>Culture
Their language was French, they lived through the French feudal system, had given up Norse religions fir christianty and even their fughting style was French (heavy use of cavalry)

>Genetics
Normans heavily interbred with the locals fot seven generation
When you know that Rollo's son soon after their arrival was already 50% French through his mom, it's easy to understand that William and his men seven generations of interbreeding later had over 80% of French admixture

So basically, it all depends about which Normans you're refering to
The Normans who lost the Siege of Chartes in 911 were not French, but those who conquered England in 1066 were French

>Normans weren't French

Not to mention the invading force of 1066 was not merely made of people form Normandy anyway. Lots of small time French barons joined the bandwagon hoping for a more glorious future.

> I'm an anglo

t.Pierre

They were Normans. Bretons weren't considered French at the time, nor were Gascons.

>Bretons weren't considered French at the time, nor were Gascons

Both of those had an actual language, while Normans just spoke French

Bretons and Gascons had an entirely different culture tho, while Normans weren't that different.

But yeah I agree, Normans were Normans, just like Provenzals were Provenzals and so on. Had England been invaded by the duke of Aquitaine instead, we'd be talking about the Aquitanian invasion.

>a notion of Frenchhood existed before the Revolution

>people had no conception of commonality with members of the same ethnicity before the french revolution
lol

>the language you speak dictates what race you are
Nice one, my fellow Englishman!

fuck off Lindy

Does this mean n*ggers can be English?

>linguistic groups are races

Nice one, my fellow American!

>Germanic
>race

>Germanic is a race
Are you retarded?

>Normans were vikings

So, if Normans weren't French, this means that all the Muh Heritage Americans are right, right?

Normans weren't genetically nordics though, they were practically french

before the French revolution the kingdom of france consisted of dozens of different ethnolinguistic groups ruled over by the Parisian-centered aristocracy, they even had different units of measure

This

I agree. But apparently, according to butthurt Anglos, residing in another country, speaking their language, and interbreeding over generations doesn't matter.

This entails the America is full of authentic Irishmen, Italians and Germans.

n shiet

shameless samefag

This

Nope, he is just right. I can see the problem with the "celtic/romance" part, but the first part is accurate

This

This

shameless samefag

Nope, he is just right. I can see the problem with the "celtic/romance" part, but the first part is accurate

Stop shitposting

This

This