/hg/ - Halo General

#384 - Here comes Halo Claus Edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>Halo 5: Guardians has received a major weapons tuning update that radically changes up the gameplay. This update has gone into effect in all arena playlists, warzone playlists, and even custom games.
For a full list of changes, see the link here: halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/weapon-tuning-update

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/holiday-fixins

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>SPV3, the Halo CE fan remix project, can be downloaded for free
youtube.com/watch?v=VOMzNMe8qHE

>>>Halo News

Other urls found in this thread:

xboxachievements.com/news/news-28827-Call-of-Duty--WW2-Exceeds-$1-Billion-in-Sales-to-Become-Top-Selling-Game-of-2017.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let me know if any YEETs are happening or if anyone here wants to get Monster Hunter party chats going on Friday.

Reminder

And awaaaaaaaaaay he goes

I'm new. What is the yeet?

Fucking WHY

I'll get on 5 in a few minutes if you wanna play.

>threads lasting 2 days
>new anons
>more people hosting
THE. NEW. GOLDEN. AGE.

Feels good

Just in time for the holidays too

>more new people with no idea of what /hg/ even is
A place for Halo fans to talk about and play Halo together? Fuck off with your secret club. Most of you cunts don't even play Halo.

Now now.
No need to dampen the new thread with unnecessary drama

Not tonight.

Secret Club stuff is dumb, but bringing people into "/hg/" who literally don't know what that even means is dumb. If a new person stumbles on this thread and wants in then by all means, let them. But if some random messages on waypoint begging to get achilles or some shit they shouldn't be let in.
Maybe they should apply to the thousands of other Spartan Companies that aren't based off of a pre existing community.

>
>if some random messages on waypoint begging to get achilles or some shit they shouldn't be let in.
Good thing that's not what's happening then.

hahaha
whatever you say, sweetie

All of the leuitenants are anti-achilles cuck so you have nothing to worry about.

Believe what you want to believe. You're wrong though.

How do I beat prophet of regret on legendary halo 2. I have been in his fucking boss fight for an hour now and I've just about lost my mind
Getting 4 mounts so close to killing him and he drops me off by 3 elite honor guards I can't take this shit anymore

I don't even know how I did it, user.
You have to get really lucky with his teleports and Elite placement/pathing.
Try and stick any Elites you see before jumping on his chair.

Sweaty said there was a sword glitch thing for like an instakill when we tried streaming that level.

Don't try to hide. Keep moving! Have a plasma weapon and carfbine/BR equipped for easy headshots on honor guards.

>Have a plasma weapon and carfbine/BR equipped
The only way to play legendary.

Not really. For starters maybe

Well, no. But that user was having trouble so I thought I'd give him some advice for making it easier.

Happy Holidays, /hg/!

The elites with plasma rifles melt me everytime I touch the ground and no amount of shooting will kill with that much line of sight

This actually came out really well

How well do you know /hg/?

1. Bias
2. Crude
3. Taco
4. Kai
5. Lemmings
6. Wizards
7. Neirn
8. Grim
9. Sigmund
Kid. Sweaty
10. Crude
11. J King
12. RED
13. Fish
14. IJ999
15. cucumber

ok retard

>not the updated version

I don't see a diff-
Who hurt him?

you're welcome

Add Droid, Backup, and Dog

I love my /hg/ family!

Damn. The 3babbies just won.

What about budget cap?

Thursday at 10PM Central, we begin.

ok retard

ok retard

>it's a sniper raid episode

Noble 6

Hello, droid.

Hello, user.

Hello, I am droid.

Hi!

Is castle wars even that fun?

It can be

Removing the spread from the BR was a mistake

I mean on one hand at least it's not useless anymore compared to the pistol. But yeah it's dumb that it's a sniper again.

I don't know why they didn't just slight nerf the magnum instead of breaking the BR again

343 is terribly scared of criticism. They backpedal harder and faster and more consistantly to mob mentality than any dev I've ever seen.
It's because of this lack of self-belief that I don't have much hope for the narrative of the series going forward. They will just keep sodt-rebooting new story artcs until they finally come up with one as super safe as possible that takes no risks.

iirc if you kill a certain amount of enemies, it'll spawn more.
so if you keep the rooms enemy count at a certain level, it won't spawn more.
you should always be moving in that room. jumping between levels, evading sword elites. not really killing any of them, unless they're right in front of you, explicitly shooting at you.

a lot of it is luck, but you can improve your odds by evading. do thinks like throw grenades to change an enemy's path.

Fast

I don't expect to be known yet because I keep changing my helmet every time I get on and can't decide if I actually like it. Part of me wants to use Mark V helm but too many others already do. I'm just going to say I'm "happy" with it for now until I get the Noble helm

There's no need to adhere to a non-changing armor set. It's just something some anons do.

Damn that's pretty impressive

>Pre order Halo 5 and you get Hunter armor which is a Legendary set
>Jump through a series of increasingly time consuming hoops part of a company to unlock Achilles
>Achilles is only an Ultra Rare set
>People who pre ordered have a higher tier of armor than all those people who spent ages grindig commendations for an armor set that doesn't even look that nice
How can Achillesfags ever recover?

Achilles is only Ultra Rare because it looks fucking stupid

This

None of them are that much better than any others that they could possibly fend off all the rest.
Therefore I choose Saber. At least I'll die pretty.

Fuck this is kind of hard

Unironically bungie

Is it Nu-Bungie or Classic Bungie?

Yeah this is important
If it's just concerning each studio's halo-related work, then I pick Bungie.
If it's concerning the studio's entire history, then I'll go with Ensemble.
If it's just each studio as they currently operate, then I have to pick Certain Affinity.

if old-Bungie, then them.
if nu-Bungie, then Certain Affinity.

I bought the Halo 5 console and all we got was a shitty variant of FOTUS anyone can get in a pack. They could have at least made FOTUS exclusive to collectors editions. Its shit armour anyway though

This.

FOTUS is Reddit-tier meme armor
"OMG GUIZ I LOOK LIKE A UNICORN XD"

>People still not learning their lesson
xboxachievements.com/news/news-28827-Call-of-Duty--WW2-Exceeds-$1-Billion-in-Sales-to-Become-Top-Selling-Game-of-2017.html
Gaming is doomed. It's over. The casuals won. They infect everything that's good and turn it to shit but still think anything devs give them is amazing because they're normie trash too concerned with hedonist activities like sex

>what's most popular is shit, therefore everything is shit!
Please. All entertainment industries work the same way.
TSwift's "Reputation" was the best selling album of this year. There were still plenty of quality records released by other artists.
The Last Jedi is the the highest grossing film of the year, but there are still and ways will be plenty of enjoyable movies.
The gaming industry is no different.
If anything, the only thing people shouild take away from this is that direct democracy is a terrible way to run things. Thank God we live in a Republic.

Well said

Each of those industries are motivated by money and what can make them the most money. Nothing else. The thoughts and opinions of consumers are disregarded for greed. Games like WW2 and Destiny 2 making so much money just tells devs that microtransactions are still ok, and that providing a sequel that doesn't really develop on the first as well as shady business tactics like force people to pay for expansions if they still want to actually play the game is perfectly ok. Was their uproar over these things? Sure. But they've still sold really well, so it can't be all bad, right? That's what the companies are thinking. They see these games doing well and think that's what the consumer wants.
Casuals are ruining gaming and if you don't see that, you're part of the problem.

The same shit happens in the other industry. Every single movie studio is trying to get their own expanded universe up and running because of the MCU success. Quality films haven't stopped being produced. The same goes with ganes. In fact, 2017 was one of the better years in a while.

Post GT. Let's see what games your great superior taste enjoys.

Chaosdroid2

The most popular shit has almost always been just as casualized relative to everything else out there. If you think otherwise then it's just your nostalgia getting in the way.

So confident and forthcoming that you can't even spell your own GT correctly... wow.

Until you're willing to put your opinion where your mouth is and post your GT, then it will be in the trash. But we both know you're not going to because chances are a huge chunk of your playtime is in the very same AAA visualized trash you claim to be so above. You're just a hippocrite.

Sigmund82

/hg/ - Roast General

AjacentBias

Nah. You guys are wrong.
Cod WW2, Destiny 2, and BattlEAfront II are the high point of gaming.

#TheYearOf2s

MTN D3W Voltage

THE ONE BIG RED

Plastered Pupper

I'm looking up all of these people's GTs and will report back with their games that have been given the most attention, ranked from best to worst.

>still no social slayer or regular social playlist arena mode
>added back castle wars again
I just want to play some regular Halo 5 but I hate how sweaty the people are in ranked, why does 343 keep adding and removing different things so the game is never really complete dammit

Why don't you play up to competition instead of trying to bring everyone else down to your level?

While I agree with your reasoning, there probably still should be a social slayer option.

There's a difference between trying hard and being a tryhard, I don't want raging faggots playing armchair commander as teammates every game. Teammate being a loose word because most people treat their team like total shit if you aren't carrying the match for them. Halo's definition of "competition" is based on matchmaking rank as well, instead of something like TF2's version of comp where you find a team to skirmish and practice with, so it attracts all kinds of cancerous people I don't want to interact with.