clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie enjoys final death on January 2nd:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

Ride Fast into the Night:
mwomercs.com/black-lanner

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

All the MWO Models:
gamemodels3d.com/games/mechwarrior/

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=493&l=d688311638e110752662649ceec493f7871908d2
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=607&l=64ffc5b1e22601474fedebf0aef59252ea64503d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

shoutout to my main man dudebot
we go way back

Fix Cougar when?

Post >yfw turn a corner and see a fresh Annihilator

>press Artillery button
>laugh as they helplessly backpedal into my red smoke

Best Mad 2C? I didn't notice they were so fucking cheap, so I may as well pick one up.

>round a corner
>see two of them

I like the all energy. Have 2, one with 9MPLs and the other with 2LPLs and 7ERMLs.

for you
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=493&l=d688311638e110752662649ceec493f7871908d2

Why do I still see Warhawks? Is it actually still mildly relevant?

Because old men who don't care about the meta are the bulk of the population.

quad peep warhawk is still gudmech

>Marauder that attacks the enemy base while his team is getting rushed
>LRM Shadow Cat that helps him along with the lights
>Timber Wolf that hides in base watching entire team die without a mark on him until they're all dead, then gets a final raping of dishonor

Tier 1 gaming in MWO, ladies and gents.

So what mech is ACTUALLY GOOD at using PPC of any variety? Are PPCs just a meme? I've literally never seen anybody do more than 400-500 damage with them.

ppc nipple summoners poptarting and/or poking iirc. i find playing a mech that only ahs two weapons just wierd tho'

Reasons to Laser Vomit:
Lighter
Higher burst
Higher damage per heat
No travel time
No ghost heat
Gauss won't fucking explode
Pubs won't twist your shit anyway
Engine fuckery makes burn time not matter that much anyway

Reasons to Gauss/Pepsi:
Can't be twisted
No burn time whatsoever
Works better with Jump Jets

please stop making these threads. Thank you in advanced.

You're welcomed.

50 bags in and my soul has already left my body.

I DO REALLY WANT A CLAN CATAPULT, but the game is dead and i dont' really think i'll be around the time it'll be delivered.
I'd totally fed the pig if the grabdeal was made two years ago.
This is sad, this is the first time i see the game dying, exept Planetside.

Too many old man whales keeping it going, and they're releasing new shit pretty steadily. You really don't know what "Dying" looks like if you think that this is it.

>clan catapult
If you're looking for literally-a-catapult-but-IIC, it doesn't exist so stop hoping. If you want a heavy that pukes missiles on people and is Clan, you can already do that. If you want a heavy with just missile slots on Clans... Why the fuck would you want that

Come on, i've meant that Sun Spider meme-mech incoming grabdeal - it should give sort of Catapult-esque experience,

Play a Timber Wolf. The IS name for it- Mad Cat- is literally because they thought it looked like a Marauder (MAD) and a Catapult (CAT) stuck together. Or an Ebon Jaguar. Or a Mad Dog.

It seems like you just dont understand.
Timber is not Catapult, because arms, because variety. IDK how to explain, but that chasis was super-user friendly, especially in the early years of MWO.

>Timber is not Catapult
no it's half a catapult

>that chasis was super-user friendly
uhh, wat?
>be catapult
>immediately get all your weapons blown off because they're conveniently located in a massive box that even new players will instinctively know to shoot at

>clan heavy memegun model is literally normal and light machinegun models mashed together and given an extension box at the base

MINIMUM VIABLE MODELING :^)

Ok, bear with me.
Be Catapult circa 2015.
>Xl-friendly because big ct
>Ears have 10% armor boost because barndoors
>arms only have pith, otherwise perfectly ct-aligned
>fuckhueg yaw and yaw-speed due hueg XLengine
>can jumpjet, prenerf jets!
>have some variety along chasis
So, CPLT is CUTE.

I dont say it has no drawbacks, it does, it did, but god i do understand why it was included in the group of first mechs in the game.

Wait, WAT? You do complain on the model? At least there IS a model for the weapon.

>only difference between IS normal, light and heavy memeguns is the size of the flash hider muzzle

:^)

Why dont you complain on the things that do matter? Like having working UAC barrels on all IS mechs?

>quality of the product doesn't matter if it's not something I care about

Aren't you just the cutest little nigger dick sucking commie :^)

Chill out, man, the cutelets will be on saturday.

>Match starts
>I claim this voctory in the name of the Draconis Combine

I'll take "Ways you know you've lost the match for 100"

Say something nice about your fellow robot game players, /gerg/. It's the holidays, after all.

I'll start by saying that, jokes aside, I think it's pretty cool that we get a lot of old people playing these games. Most of the time games are just 16-30'somethings and we're all a bunch of meme-spouting shitlords; getting into a MWO match and hearing a dude on my team is the same age as my grandfather is kinda' cool. Reminds you that, despite the years between us, we're all people. People with an interest in giant robots that beat the shit out of each other, no less.

Heh... old people should just eat my Donal to the cockpit and die already...

>tfw using rotary ac5s against pubs

you can pinpoint the exact moment they start panicking when they violently start shaking their torso and trying to scramble away
most of them even expose their backside

And here i am sitting and calculating if i should feed the pig to afford the FURY and the KEEPER heroes.
My braing tells me it'll be useless waste of money just because i wont be playing MWO any time soon, but desire to grabdeal intensifies as it seems to me as a pretty good deal.
>good purchase
>in a game noone would play

kys and don't kmp

Actually a solid advice, i'm imressed.

I think as little as possible about the other players. I keep chat muted, and rarely does anything interesting get posted. I've played for about five years, and so have most people. Everyone should know what to do and if they don't trying to explain it mid match won't help.

That said, I realize a multiplayer game requires players so I appreciate that other people continue fulfill this role, year after year, despite all the fuckhead naysayers.

That is as nice as you're going to get I suspect.

do light ppc's even have a point?

i mean, even if you boated 6(?) of the fuckers in say, a battlemaster 1 G ripple firing those things one by one, would they actually acheive anything not done better than IS ERLL 3 and 2 one two punching from said battlemaster instead?

heavy ppc's worth a damn?

Tell me i dont need to feed the pig for this

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=607&l=64ffc5b1e22601474fedebf0aef59252ea64503d

>but user, you may do almost the same in three weeks with c-bill Mad Cat IIC
Muh strusture and armor qurcks!

potatoes with a little salt and butthur go well together after you cook and mash them.

if you're talking about the actual players and not drooling crack monkeys stoned out of heir head chained to the keyboard, then player groups that actual use voice comms etc. and play as a team are neat and fun.

otherwise, what players? i hardly ever see sanyone actually playing the damn game solo QP'ing. too many supposed players who cannot even hit an enemy mechs asshole at 100 m with their lasers or goose

2 light ppcs weigh less than 1 ppc, but are hotter. They get ghostheat after 3. Basically you run it on a mech that for tonnage reasons and favorable hardpoints you want either 1 of, or 3 of. Or if you desperately need to scrape one more ton out then you can run 2.

Otherwise, just use ppcs or snubs if you don't care about range.

Lppcs are a bit better if you have space and hardpoints - compared to Hppcs. Thats all.

>I realize a multiplayer game requires players so I appreciate that other people continue fulfill this role, year after year, despite all the fuck
Sad, but true. I double that.

Pretty sure the Highlander IIC has garbage hitboxes so unless they gave it a SERIOUS quirk pass I can't see it being more durable than the Mad Cat Mk II

B-but the arms got +6 armor, the CT has +15 structure, everything else has +10 structure - isnt it cool enough, considering its a clantech already?

I'm going to say this once and only once- do not buy a Keeper or a Fury.

Okay. I have some 2k MC and plan getting 1250 more (free ones) on 27th, anything should i consider?
Hunchback IIC hero may be?
Do you think the percentage of discount will rise with new mechs?

>keep coming across assassins
>impossible to 1v1 these fucks even when you have more firepower in a mech of the same weight class
>they're also fast as hell and can easily fuck off if for some reason they are losing
I hate fighting these fuckers so much, but I'm now looking at buying one myself. Which one do I get? The 101, or the 27? The 101 has higher engine cap, 3 high laser mounts, and missile velocity quirk. But the 27 has ecm, missile cooldown quirk, and comes with an XL in it already.

>nascar
>annihilator obviously at the very end of his team
>kill him with one alpha to his back

lol easy

Pepsi is for specific qwerked pepsi mechs and poptarts.
The pinpoint front loaded damage playstyle that used to be the shit is almost gone nowadays because goosepepsi is kill.

Here's a short, of the top of my head list of the prime pepsi mechs:
>warhawk prime
>summoner
>hunchie IIC-A
>awesome 8Q
>vindi 1AA or BJ-3 (not sure which is better cause I dont have these)

No, it's useless trash. Always use Heavy pepsi as IS, or smug for short range builds.

>buying hunchie IIC hero
Don't, it's worse than IIC-A and vanilla IIC.

Ass-21 with quad srms is the only answer, the others are quite a bit worse.

5m
I just claimed the free 7 day premium time using that holiday code.

Is there a way I can purchase a hero mech with MC without logging in? I don't want to start free premium yet, as I will be quite busy the next few days... it seems the MC sale will end in two days for the mech i want.

>Is there a way I can purchase a hero mech with MC without logging in?
Nah.

Neg

Fuckity fuck fuck. Oh well guess I'll just take the hit

Cata 3L build?

Is the Heavy Gauss Rifle good? Considering using it in place of an AC/20

>Is the Heavy Gauss Rifle good?
Yes, very much so.
It can be used as a replacement for the ac20 depending on the build, but its not always better.

>match starts
>someone immediately takes commander role and spits out waypoints
the only people who take commander are people who want to feel important, they ALL suck.

unrelated, how come people have such terrible reaction times in this game?

That's it, you win PGI.
I'm going to stop trying to brawl, because you've killed it with these retarded long range maps that are like 7000m long and involve 1000m combat.
I'll just run Gauss+PPC like everyone else does.

>I'll just run Gauss+PPC like everyone else does.

but no one does that

Maybe no dmg indicator? Happens to me sometimes: 5% just disappears without sound effects or the red damage indicator.

I fucking HATE ER LLs
I absolutely abhor them.

what you dont like 900m range HIGH-MOUNTED LASER SNIPING?

That shoulder

Oishi

No, I fucking hate it. It is the cancer that is fucking killing this game for me. I am so fucking sick of Snipewarrior online with 1100m+ ER LL sniping from across the map trying to align pixel perfect shot so you can shave 3% off of an enemy mech once per minute.

laser tag is so much better than the peeps+goops meta than reigned for so long. You have no idea what it was like in those dark times.

Laser tag is fucking dogshit. It's also literal fucking pay 2 win as my shitty mouse doesn't have the pinpoint precision necessary to snipe so people who have invested more money into their setup literally have an unfair advantage.

like what said, lasertag is at most, annoying. ploops and gloops was 'peek out of cover and receive a red side torso'

I'm competent, I swear! I just want to make sure everyone's on the same page.

>blames mouse for bad aim
We found it, the true underhive

Unless you're running on a soviet-era trackball, I don't want to hear it. You can get a serviceable mouse in the checkout line next to the candy and gum at wallmart.

Turn down your mouse sensitivity and you won't aim like a sperg on cocaine.

not even close m8 I had a Logitech G-series that died on me and the replacement mouse isn't even HALF as good

hawt

But Whole

I play this game from the phillipines at 300ms ping on a laptop with a 5 dollar mouse and 5 dollar usb keyboard because half the keys on my laptop are broken and I still pull 1k damage games every day with no airstrikes in laserboats.

All it takes is setting your mouse sensitivity low as fuck bottom of the slider, and also adjusting your windows mouse sensitivity. Learning how to not aim like a spastic is much easier when you cant overcorrect.

Hardware is no excuse in mwo.

I'm usually one of the nicer people to frequent this board and I think you're a shitter. If you're honestly complaining about the laser meta cause you "mouse isn't good enough to compete" you need to uninstall.

I mean I dont even understand how you could have a problem aiming lasers. They go where you point them, period. No expensive mouse is going to change how they behave.

Player skill and knowledge is the important part. Knowing hitboxes, and damage thresholds so you can actually make use of your aim. Knowing how to shoot thr dickplate on twisting mechs to core them out. Knowing how to disarm things like novas or dragons. Keeping track of who is damaged in a fight...

None of that has to do with a mouse bro. Just practice more with low sense. It feels really bad at first, but you will get used to it and appreciate it in time.

>set the mouse low
>light mech gets in close
>you might as well just shut down

You think you being clever, but you arent. High mouse sense isnt what allows yoi to track and fight back effectively against close range lights.

Learn how to take advice.

Post footage of you hitting ONE component without spreading damage with ER LLs at 900-1100m, then.
I get the feeling you retards are playing 500-600m laser tag and thinking that somehow compares to ER LL sniping where all you see is the hill-hump profile of an enemy mech

You must be American

I do it all day long. I use the 'z' key to zoom in, sometimes I eveb use the 'v' key to being up enhanced zoom.

The trick to using erll is to not move your cursor whilr you are burning a target. You pre aim and let it rip, or already have the cursor tracking steady at the rate you need to follow a component as you fire.

Over Adjusting while burning is a common beginner mistake that some people never grow out of. Please stop pretending like its impossible to hold a mouse cursor on a small object steady at range.

Wait, you did know you can zoom in right?

>not to move your cursor
*moves 2m to the right and avoids taking more than 4 damage*

Lazy, but they should add an MC counter to the Grab Bag page so I know exactly how much MC I've earned so far without having to tally it all up. It's going to be a real hassle to go through 100-200 entries and check+add each entry.

Huh, it doesn't list it but you can get the Christmas bell warhorn from the grab bags.
Anything else you guys have gotten that isn't listed?

If only there was a way in game to see how much MC you have.

Do you believe that being pointlessly confrontational and contradictory will make you a better player? I promise you, it will not.

At this point in your mwo career you are a scrub who is choosing to stay bad because he mistakenly believes that certain elements of the game (like aiming, of all things) are out of his control.

This type of scrub will never become better until he acknowledges to himself that he was doing it wrong, and seeks to improve using the example of those who seem to perform the tasks he thought impossible, with ease.

Your complaint is absurd, and your attitude is worse considering what it is you are having a problem with (using a hitscan weapon).

Stay bad, or dont. It is entirely up to you.

I want to know the separate total from just the grab bags and not my grand total from all the other sources.

Yeah, only way is to add them up yourself.

I'm better than you, you fucking retard. 1v1 me right now you cunt I'll fucking dunk you.
My problem with the "hitscan" weapon is that hitscan is like 2 damage per fucking laser before the guy reverses and you can no longer hit him, and doing a grand total of 8 damage every 20-30 seconds when he peeks is FUCKING UNFUN GARBAGE.

>cant aim lasers
>publically acknowledges he cant aim lasers
>thinks hitting somebody who went forward, stopped, then reversed, with laser is difficult and "unfun"
>still talks shit

Either I am being gently trolled or you are possibly the dumbest motherfucker to ever visit one of these generals. Either way its funny. Do you have any more tier5 wisdom or complaints to share with us?

Nice cringe blog