ace-infinity.bngames.net/

>
infbuild.sorairo.pictures/#011n010001010000000000000001

>
youtu.be/y0Kyw7xXFvg

>
asm.aceinf.glasscore.net/

>
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eP07-JbjTjXkD5nQlNkC0I8WidP_AXD1K4S9jESx-Jk/edit?usp=sharing

Know the mission, what is expected of you and your people.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/acecombat/comments/7l6qg3/best_of_racecombat_2017_awards_nominations_and/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for June's planefu.

And with this, my work is done. Good night, /aceg/.

Is it a wee bit autistic that I'm bothered by the fact that they kept the flight data sensors on the nose despite adding the guns and hardpoints that were never on the X-29? It would be nice if they just went all the way and pretended it was a production ready version and called it an F-29A or something.

Because I didn't realize the other thread was at 750 already.

The air is thinner the higher up you are
This means that without a pressurized cockpit or an external oxygen supply you get hypoxia and die.
The problem is that you get stupider with less oyxgen and that you might never notice. The time you have to realize and act at some altitudes is also like 15 seconds before you are incapacitated.

Basically, use oxygen if you plan to fly over the alps or do any higher altutide stuff. Unless you have a pressurized cockpit.

I guess the only "good" part is that you just kind of zone out.

It's also worth noting that this is the reason for drop down oxygen masks in airliners and for why even airline pilots have masks ready in the cockpit. Well that and fire/smoke in the case of the cockpit.

A wee bit, but nitpicks ARE nitpicks. My guess is that they just felt it lent itself to the plane's distinctive appearance and didn't want to trim it.

Will make a new, probably final for now since it has died down mostly, version this weekend. So if you have a submission that you are still working on tell me.

I remember someone posting a WIP without wings two threads ago but I've not seen that again.

Rules as usual
>plane flies from left to right
>see if you can't make it into a "pose" that fits the current state of the collage (preferrably at the rear as it is easier to add more planes there)
>black and white/lineart only
>fun is allowed
>no drawing skill required

That's good, buddy. I'm gonna post mine tomorrow.

Finally caught up with all the feedback. Thanks everyone! Noted all the feedback and what I should consider going into the next version. Gonna release a minor patch fixing some HUD issues, end of mission beeping bug, and changing how FOV works to support multi-monitor setups.

And now onto Conquest...

Nice one, Sir Abby the PW developer. Looking forward to the next build.

Keep up the good work

So what's the next plane you're gonna add after you finish up the Viggen?

reddit.com/r/acecombat/comments/7l6qg3/best_of_racecombat_2017_awards_nominations_and/

whoa hold on now

Have you buddies ever taken an optional lecture that turned out to give you no information you didn't already know?
Here's the most productive thing to come out of it.

>the non-cropped version got posted even though it got overwritten by the cropped one
I don't get the arcanes of phoneposting.

Not optional but the english we got was fairly pointless beyond just being an easy class.

Looks good. Elevators are maybe a bit short

Considering where they're placed, I wanted to avoid having to use absurdly long landing gear.
The course turned out to be grass-level intro to astronomy. And (no kidding) 3 hours about the V2.

>gear
Elevators not rudders. The canards.

>astronomy and V2
What kind of belkan studies are you attending?

"Space & Society", with a teacher that knows that "kh" is pronounced /x/ but butchers anything else that isn't french.
>pronouncing "ü" as /u/

>not rudders
I need to review my control surfaces.

Hey, the V2 is cute and top tier german a e s t h e t i c c

Well at keast the topic sounds interesting. Space is pretty cool

kh as in what words?
Not getting the umlaut is pretty standard though.

It still looks like a rocket out of Tintin

The question is: Does it look like the rocket from Tin Tin, or does the Rocket from Tin Tin look like it?

If we ever get the chance to shoot down Bandog, I am taking it.

Plot twist: his aircraft gets hit by the falling wreckages of the Lighthouse during its destruction

The first lecture (which started at 10 because for some reason the teacher didn't show up at 8:30, so half the amphi had left) was just talking about the planets of the solar system, the highlight being the Planet Nine theory.
The second one was about the important pre-war figures, then went BELKA STRONK for 3 hours and wrapped up by quickly going over the Cold War space race and modern day rockets.
Yesterday it was about satellites, from their uses to placement.
Today it was just talking about equations we studied last year.

Oh, and "kh" as in "Voskhod".

Oh no what a terrible "accident"

Did you ask about Repulsines and Reichsflugscheiben?

Is planet nine just Planet X/Niburu/Aldebaran or is it a new fun theory?

>Tintin
He would be an ace pilot if he weren't such a pacifist

>repulsine
I wonder what Von Braun and the bunch at Peenemünde thought about it. There was no question time, though.
Planet Nine is similar to Planet X in that it's a way to explain orbital weirdness via a perturbator.
In this case, why are most extreme trans-neptunian objects "bunched together". It has it's issues, such as each of said objects' orbits giving very different parameters for Planet Nine.

>Von Braun
Probably the same thing everyone with half a brain thinks about it. Unless it worked and they didn't tell anyone.

>planet
Oh so you looked at the actual thing and not the funny theories. What orbital weirdness is left? I though they got most of it explained?

That is a really early model going by the radiator, but they put the late spinner and wings on it.

Well, the teacher went for the current theories.
The thing is that ETNO tend to have orbits very high tilt, sometimes being perpendicular to the inner planets. Some also have very similar orbits, hence the idea of a large planet messing with their orbit.
Planet X was about some irregularities between the model of Uranus' and Neptune's orbits that were explained via more accurate measurements of their masses.
The aircraft pictured also changed between editions, Hergé did a lot of things to keep them contemporary, even if his research wasn't flawless. The ship in the Moon tomes was great outside of a single detail. One must keep in mind that ressources at the time weren't as good as today when looking at older works.

I've been quite busy with exams lately, I will work on it tomorrow or on the weekend if I don't have time

I think I remember something about the ETNO. And yeah the Neptune/Uranus thing is what I had in mind since that is apparently still an argument for some that we'll have a planet crash into us soon(tm)

>planes
I only ever saw a few films of it in french class and on tv tbqh. I don't think I ever had one of the comics.

>detail
Do I want to know?

Sure I can wait. I should have some time next week.

The B2 can go invisible right? Why not make your main force out of the same technology?

>planets crashing
Yeah, why not.
>tintin on tv
It was fun. I have the entire collection of BDs as a result of my mother owning them.
>detail
The position they take during take off (prone) isn't a good idea. I've checked my facts to make sure (from what I remembered it's the second worst position after being on your head, but turns out that's without the couches) and it's just sub-optimal, hence it not being used in actual rockets. I misremembered the magnitude of the flaw.

It does not go "invisible", and it depends on many, many variables.
When someone says "stealth", what springs to mind is some sort of magic invisibility. That is not the case. Rather, the designers try to make something that can hide from as many sensors as possible (radar, heat, sound, the good old Eyeball Mk.1). The last three are the hardest to fool, and I don't know too much about them.
To hide from radar, an aircraft needs an appropriate shape to deflect the beams, an advanced radar that can't be spotted easily, and radar-absorbent paint to get what beams are not deflected. The first two can't be applied to all planes, are stupidly expensive, and take a long time to design. The last is used when needed, just google RAM coating.

>entire collection of BD
That's cool to have.
Which reminds me that I ran past the comic section of the local bookstore recently. But nothing caught my interest.
No plane shit in that one.

Perhaps in the bigger one they got something.

>theories
Well that and you get the aliums or space nazis, you know just the standard lot.

Yeah, I agree that the TV series was great despite some of the scenes are depicted unrealistically such as having a learjet taking off from a taxiway instead of a runway in Flight 714 episode. It was depicted correctly in the comic, though.

>it does not go invisible
Y-yeah imagine that

Well you could take off from a taxiway if it's long enough. It wouldn't be the first time that happens. Landings are more critical because the TWY is not spec'd for handling that mass. Though a Learjet might come out fine because it is a small business jet.

Rare image of an F-117 immediately post stealthdimensional flight.

Well, the scene happened in an international airport so I thought it would be kinda weird and against the proper aviation procedures despite being aerophysically possible.

Wah, floating ice! Must be those stealthdimensional demons back at it again

I got my hands on AC4, AC5, AC0 (Zero) and Assault Horizon - I've played AC3 and AC6 a long time ago.
Which order should I play them in?
Which has the best fast?

It is illegal. But possible.

4-5-0. But the order doesn't really matter.

Play AH only if you really want to know how bad it can get. It's terrible.

Don't play AH, get a refund. Play the others in the order you posted.

Thank you.

Refund ACAH and if you feel like wanna use the budget intended to purchase it, buy Raiders Sphere 4th. It's worth it as it has the Ace Combat feels.

You did mean just AH right not AH Legacy on 3ds?

Is it true? that /aceg/ played Maybe Showers?

Alright, buddies, I've added a few things. Is it still realistic/stealthy?
Also
>malicious code detected in image
fuck phoneposting

Canards aren't stealthy.

Place the tail a bit further back or sweep the trailing edge forward a bit. Looks good.

Remove the cockpit struts just to make it look more Raptor/Lightning-y

Not necessarily, the X-36 had canards and was reportedly very stealthy.
If I remember correctly, some of the early YF-22 proposals also featured canards, but were dropped in order to make the design less complex.

The X-36 had no tail and was only 1/3rd the size of a real fighter.

If you want to make it stealthier you need to reshape the canards and main wing.

Morning buddies!
What's everyone up to today?

I'll try to do a bit of both, I can't move the tail much because >sketchbook. I thought that the conformal fuel tanks could help it, that's why the wings were there. Then again, they're probably not helpful.
I have to admit, the modified tail looks a bit like a Mirage's.
Alright, I originally used them as a reference. They're not needed anymore.
Please tell, I'd like to make it realistic.
Drawing, again.

And yet, the canards didn't ruin it's stealth. And I think that size was taken into account and a bigger model would have been equally stealthy.

Uploading more of that ACX no control stick run and practicing for a bombs only run

The leading edge of the canard should be parallel to the leading edge of the main wing for proper planform alignment, see Rafale for an example. Whenever possible the trailing edges of the canards and main wing should be swept and aligned as well to avoid edge diffraction.

You can't really compare the X-36 and the Typhoon and say that canards are stealthy. Apples and oranges. If you compare the same design with and without canards, the one without canards will always be the more stealthy. Whether the tradeoff for performance is worth it is another discussion entirely.

Did someone say ANGLE ALIGNMENT

Nice. I'll try to follow the rule.
We're basically designing by committee, so it's the true Eurofighter experience, too.
Have some Veeky Forums writefaggotry.

Are you an ace?

How does Tanager always make it out of the harbor when I've put 4 UGBLs threw it's deck?

You could say...I'm an Ace at Combat.

Do you have an office at 12 thousand feet, traveling past the speed of sound?

Yeah, it's really nice. Got a water cooler and espresso machine in the breakroom and everything.

Lucky. I'm stuck at a ground facility in the middle of nowhere, and don't even get me started on the noise levels.

>Aigaion
>Supersonic Speeds
The shockwave from that thing would probably destroy half Osea on it's own!

Still lucky, at least you can move around!
The submarine I work on is huge, but it's also really cramped because our officials thought it would be fun to plaster the space with missiles! Oh and at least you have a chance to survive when you are under attack!

The Oseans have learned to ignore it, but it really pisses off the Belkans.

>inb4 the Belkans build an even bigger one, to piss Osea off too.

>and then it only ever flies over their own territory

Joke's on you, belkans miniaturized it.

Discovering that mice have gotten into the fucking walls of my bedroom, ree.

You people have poor tastes. Ace combat is just a shitty niche franchise. Macross sucks with that stupid robot stuffs. Valkyria chronic is a shitty game trying to ruin world war I with retarded fantasy stuffs. Sailor moon is for little girls. Aho girl is stupid as the name says. Area 88 is dumb because of the emo guy.

Idolmaster and Puchimas is what you should see cuz it is related to planes and has impressive characters.

Peace.

So Tom, I was told that admiral purple hair in the new SW movie was effectively straight out of a Gundam series. That true?

LAGM 'til you get all of them

I haven't seen the newest SW yet, although purple hair makes me think of Gihren right away.

Better? What have I missed with this one?

It's starting to go places. You should add some 3d to those canards though, they look really flat. Just give the root where they connect a bit of an airfoil shape.

Alright that one doesn't fit going off the wiki.
She was very uncommunicative, had beef with flyboys and a keikaku.

Sounds like Haman Karn.

get rid of that little canopy strut, the Raptor has a full one piece canopy.
instead of an IRST bulb, use an EOTS diamond like the F-35

I was gonna say either that, or Kycillia just because Kycillia took charge at A Baoa Qu and fucked it all up because she's the worst Zabi for all years.

I'm erring towards paveway on the whole goddamn house at this point

That fits a bit better.
Thanks anyway just curious.

Done (hopefully)
And done, even if it's really small.

Fuck, I meant Dear goodness I'm having fun

looking good
small nitpick, but i'd also elongate it, as it is right now its sorta stubby.

>fun
That's all that really matters for this stuff. Looks good.

If I had any plane-drawing talent I'd take a crack at what the F-29A would look like. Alas, I'm still struggling with sketching out a Growler.

I'm new here because i dind't know that there were people that liked this game. Also AC7 may make me look for a job to upgrade my PC.

Thanks user
Can you post it?
Literally can't, because >sketchbook
Paint is not fun, and I would only cock it up.
Welcome, buddy.
Post your planefu.

>Steam Winter Sale
>Valkyria Chronicles is not on sale
FUCK YOU, SEGA

>I'm new here because i dind't know that there were people that liked this game.
Why would you think that?

What's your planefu?

I mean pen and paper works just as well. You just dont get an easy undo button