/ink/ - Splatoon General: Fluffy Edition

Previous thread: →

Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Splatoon 2 Map Schedules: splatoon2.ink/
Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

>News
Team Sweater won the latest US Splatfest by 3-0!
Walleye Warehouse is now playable
Slosher Deco is available for purchase! Sub: Sprinkler; Special: Baller
New Weapon! Thursday, December 21st, the squeezer will be available. Sub: Splash wall; Special: Stingray

>Wiki
splatoonwiki.org/

>Patch notes
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

>Big S2 gear & weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
leanny.github.io/splat2/

>Patch 2.0.0 gear list
leanny.github.io/splat2/newgear.html

>List of possible main abilities for gear from Splatnet so far
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ip1HahYq8DRZRgSEXoRqa915aThLXPb79AFF91HCe4/edit#gid=0

>Loadout planner with weapons, gear, abilities, and stat calculations
loadout.ink/

>Add your FC to the list of FC below:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

>List of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

>Splatoon 1 Artbook
archive.org/details/TheArtOfSplatoon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sD_31GJmhUc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Splash Wall/Sting Ray

GOOD MORNING YOU UNFRESH FUCKS HAVE A NICE DAY

LOL

DELET THIS

What if your woomy got hit in the head too hard by a roller and couldnt make any other noise but the sound of blowing raspberries?

Use her as a distraction

Anyone up for a salmon run binge?

I am

Is this shirt like really low quality for anyone else

The logo, the writing.. Everything just looks pixelated and the colors keep shifting.

some user on /utg/ asked me to ask if you guys liked squibs

Sure, they’re delicious.

Going to break for breakfast after this round

would smoke weed with/10

>check /utg/
>kier's there
doesn't surprise me

>Scope in SR

Yes, now go back there faggot

no you guys are stuck with me now

Eliter is fine, that extra range is worth it for boss murder and glowfish. Splatterscope is useless, though.

So is this game a system seller?

I'm looking at Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, or this. If Bayonetta was out already I think I'd already have a Switch by now. But Spla2oon is so close to being in my top 3 or 4, I'm just worried about getting a multiplayer game when I have slow, unreliable, 4G internet. I missed out on Spla1oon, but I love the Squid Sisters and the femsquid player and now I love the new Octoling idol. The game just looks so fun and colorful and comfy. How is the single player experience? How long does it take to beat and how is the replayability?

Hi Kier.

hi and good night

youtube.com/watch?v=sD_31GJmhUc

wtf pearl is cute?

And I'm back for more Sr if anyone wants to join me

But you can easily get such range by swimming foward with your charge.

The charge hold is really necessary for SR so you can escape from a nearby enemy from behind, since a single bop from a chum can make you miss a whole charge.

>A woman singer, in Japan, is cute
No shit user, the entire culture around music there is unhealthy obsession over cute girls.

Why do I still play this game
>not getting any better, stuck between A+ and S/S+0
>loads of chunks but never use them
>got all the clothes I want
Yet I play every single day for 1 to 3 hours
Help me quit

If you can only do singleplayer then you'd be missing out on way too much for it to be worth it.

fill the void in your life with something else like drugs and apricots

It's still open?

You can stay on your perch and kill everything without exposing yourself to any danger. Trash generally targets the closest player, if you stay back they won't touch you much.

I think it's going to be top tier. I've heard that it has 3-liner range, and that powerful charge shot is low-risk when you're behind a Splash Wall. Sting Ray is ostensibly the best special.

Just seems like the devs would have to try REALLY hard to fuck this one up. It's got everything going for it.

>two people
>wave 1 is mothership wave
>we put 5 eggs in
>before we can get rid of the mothership it sucks up 5 eggs

WEW LAD

WEW

>not using your special

Bomb RUSH!???

Unless you both rolled with bomb rush and splashdown it's not an excuse
You are supposed to exit the game anyway if MM timer is around 10 and it's still below 3 people in queue

Bruh

Can you not skip from A- to S?

GGs Usopp
Im done for now

yes

>mfw I get the sploosh on a mothership wave and can't get any eggs

>Sting Ray is ostensibly the best special
Said no one ever

>We are literally getting the Squeezer before the Tetras.
>Tetras might be hold back for 3.0 in months.

Tetra fags in suicide watch.

same. rangelet gun.

you can if you git fast and delete the box just before it hits fround

All of the new weapons in this game are boring as shit, and are just existing weapons with a couple of variables tweaked. At least the Squeezer is looking to be something new.

Hoodrat is here, the guy who drew this is pretty cool

The E-liter isn't doing their job right, if there isn't excess eggs to ferry back to the basket.

>existing weapons with a couple of variables tweaked
Mostly down. If the tradeoffs were actually worth it even the tweaks would've been exciting, but instead we get shit like Gloogas.

>not helping the charger by killing smallfry swarming them when they're trying to aim
>roller not rolling over smallfry
>prioritizing eggs over boss kills after quota
>guarding eggs instead of throwing bombs on any wave besides goldie
>not inking escape paths on walls
>completely and totally disregarding nearby bosses after picking up an egg
>wasting time going to and from all the way at the edge of the map because muh eggs
>getting team wiped while still having specials
>celebrating with specials
>going off on your own to kill a stinger across the map and getting killed and spamming help
>not using this way
>not leading maws, goldies, and scrappers
>shooting a scrapper without turning it around on a narrow path so it now becomes a fucking indestructible roadblock
And you bads wonder why you cant win

You don't even need eliter, squelcher alone can fuck up chinooks like no tomorrow

Gloogas are just the victim of an unfortunate kit. Close-range Inkjet weapons are plentiful and they all have better subs.

They're also stupid heavy and guzzle ink

That's less of a problem than the kit. The Deco version should be better because it'll be really difficult to kill.

Are there any rooms for SR open?

The kit would be servicable if the main wasn't so shit (in fact, it'd give them a bit of a niche since mines are rare).
I mean, what's their point, power? Its TTK when rolled is only marginally faster than Dualies' (which is made moot thanks to roll being slower), and when not rolled it is literally slower than Squelchies'. When rolled they have fairly standard DPS, as opposed to Dualies' way above average, and unrolled it is one of the worst in the game.
Baisically, Gloogas have a tiny speck of range over Dualies, a faster splat after rolling over DS and a (shitty) roll over .52, literally everything else it does worse than all of these.

The fuck guys

why isn't anyone playing salmon run? where are all the regular salm runners? have they fucked off to the discords for good now?

Playing with Randos

>Stingray used on common enemies and ignoring the Mothership.
>Inkjet used in Wave 1 to take down a flyfish.
>Splashdown isn’t used when there’s a shit ton of enemies.
>Get Bomb Rush.
>Leading Scrapper to the egg basket.
>>Team stops him and stuck him in a border where no one can shoot him.
>Lead Maws to the Egg Basket.
>>Team is waiting for me to kill it so they can take the eggs, instead of going for other active bosses.
>Get cornered when killing a boss because of a distant flyfish, Stinger or Steelhead.
>>Team appears and take all the eggs before reviving me.
>Killing a boss, while a Stinger is shooting at me.
>>Absolutely no one but me notices the Stinger.
>>Team completely ignores the Stinger, so I have to kill it with a charger or a roller(-Brush).
>Weapon with great turf potential (brush) focuses on killing rather than recovering turf.
>People not leaving by dropping a Splat Bomb when swimming back to the Egg Basket.
>Die near the last 10 seconds while holding a golden egg.
>>*Help Spam*
>>Team ignores me.
>>Team tries to revive me after the wave finishes.

I mean it was kind of expected, so I'm not really pissing myself in rage, I was looking forward to the squeezer as well and the splattershot and squelchies always exist

>Get a shitty team.
>Carry them all the wave.
>Team ignores me when I keep asking for help, or when I tell them to come this way.
>No one bothers with me.
>”Fuck it, I already got all the rewards”.

>Go the furthest as possible.
>Do nothing or keep SD.
>Derailing Glowfies somewhere far away.
>Leading Grillers to kill my team.
>Waste Splashdown right at the beggining of the wave, so all of them can see it.
>Use Bomb Rush to throw bombs at the water.
>Team gets wiped and somehow I’m the only one alive.
>>Use Stingray and only shoot the lightbeam at them to not revive them.
>>Use Inkjet only to squidbag in the air.
>>Just jump to the water as soon as one gets close to me.

>There’s no way they can report me for that, since there’s no report system for Salmon Run.
>They are probably too retarded to not know how to block me.
>Still win the same amount of reward points as them.
This just isn’t fair, for them.

SW-7262-8088-6805
Let's play?

I normally just play with randoms

I'm back
After some hours of pain i've done it
I got the switch and the game
2 more hours...

sounds like you were the biggest shitter of the bunch and blocking doesn't do anything.

2/4 salmon run

>>going off on your own to kill a stinger across the map
stingers are dangerous and must be taken care of

failing to do so is another thing but you can't blame them for trying to take out high-priority targets unless they have a roller

New player here. Downloading the game and about to make a woomy. Anyone want to help me git gud?

Use motion controls, get to profreshional rank in salmon run (it's playable right now), and use splattershot (top tier weapon that's available early on).

"new satanic clan forming soon" in hand drawn text and text that got smaller and warped once they realize they are running out of room

I love the square sometimes

>Based on our recent findings, the Squeezer is a new type of shooter with multiple firing modes. Squeeze once for a single high-power ink shot. Hold down to fire continuously. So basically, an enterprising young Inkling should press repeatedly when fighting opponents and hold down when inking turf. Wonderful! Completing this kit is the Splash Wall to protect your team, and the long-range wonder known as the Sting Ray.
I want this gun to be good but it won't be

>and use splattershot
That's the worst advice you can give to a newbie, use a gun that is both overpowered and boring. Newbies should just find what they like and go forth from there, who knows, maybe they're a god-sniper in the making,

There's nothing wrong with using good guns. Anyone who says otherwise is just a scrub.

>you better not use that due to my standard of playing, faggot
?

It either ends up a better H3 or a worse 96. 3-liners are already saturated with gimmicks.

Now for the most important question - what mode of play should I start with?

also how do i take pictures of my woomy to share

Do turf until you get to level 10. That's when you unlock the ranked modes, and by that time you'll have a selection of plenty of weapons and gear too. If you get tired of it you can take a break to do salmon run or the single player.

It's not so much that there's an oversaturation in that range class, but the fact that pretty much every 3-liner sucks ass. As long as this gun can both kill and paint well, it'll fare nicely in the metagame. None of the guns with wall in this game are particularly good, so that will help it out nicely to break into its own niche. As always, a ranged weapon with Stingray is preferable as it can use its special safely from where it already is.

>scoped eliter is somehow better than scoped generic charger
how

>the fact that pretty much every 3-liner sucks ass
Eh, DS is brought down by its kit and Pro is too focused on killing, but they both work well even in this meta. H3 is fantastic if you learn to use it, too, and its kit works great for it, though it is awkward at times.

This is the thumbs up woomy. She believes in you.

Milky Woomy is here!

It balances out by the fact that the generic unscopped charger is the best charger in the game bar none. Only really really good players can make the scoped e-liter work and even then it's niche. Better off going unscopped basic charger in almost every situation unless you're an actual sniper-god... and the unscopped fag is probably still gonna outdo you in turf and kills.

>in turf
Actually, scoped chargers ink more thanks to that extra range.

>shoot 1 tenta missile
>splat 2 opponents

Hi, Milky Woomy is here!

Basic charger is going to get ink out faster in general over a scoped e-liter even if it puts out slightly more per charge

I really hate that shit when you slimb the wall and just as you are nearly the top the circle suddenly apperas and you get splatted

Simple, don't climb walls when there are missiles going after you. It's a feature.

I'm still holding out hope on Custom Squelchies, but the default ones are pretty bad. Vanilla needs too many abilities to be good.
H3 has a really tough time against armors, and was really only good in the first game because they gave it theoretically the best possible kit in the game.

>just made an ink resistance up pure with the Studio Headphones on a whim after getting a good order from Murch
>check Annie' shop today and Studio Headphones are up with Comeback

>finally make studio headphones pure main saver
>drained most of my tickets due to bad luck
>short beanie comes out a couple of weeks later
I feel your pain.

post cute squids
also
>tfw you got nearly pure ink recovery
feels good

The thing that they are not going after me when i start and only suddenly appear when you are already near the top so you cannot run

Cute squids?

Ink resistance is better than comeback though unless you're some kind of shitter who keeps dying