/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Craftsmas Edition

Previous thread ► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, building ideas, etc...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds! (penises)
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[ ! ]For 1.10+ Use foamfix and Optifine with terrain animated turned off

► 2. NEWS

[30 jun 2017] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download.
> imgur.com/a/NeywO

[14 may 2017] GoG update is finished
> mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

[02 jan 2017] Asie has been working on asie.pl/foamfix/, which remedies 1.10+ RAM issues,
as well as a few others, github.com/FabricMC, [YouTube] Silent Charset update.

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

/mcg/ General text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!)
> public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

Modding Tools & documentation
> mcforge.readthedocs.io
Curse downloader
> github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
Explaination of how do stuff for newfags
>public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
> serblist.com
> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

Ideas & Inspiration
> mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
> elworrier.imgur.com/
> imgur.com/a/JPif9

Castlefag's map
> mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/iLeCjGFx
wiki.mcjty.eu/mods/index.php?title=InControl
imgur.com/a/9Byb1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How's NuclearCraft? IC2 is IC2 and Big Reactors is Big Reactors so I wanted another option for making happy nuclear accidents

Man I really wish this mod didn't fucking kill my fps.

What? The Sengir thing is what sparked FTB to move on from being "a group which makes a pyramid challenge map" to a modpack group, not the other way around.

>using infernalmobs
you brought it upon yourself.

consider that tinker's construct gives you all kinds of "choices" that there's literally no reason to ever actually use and for any given arrangement of ticon and addons there's always a universal "best" configuration for any tool/weapon the mod provides. and it's extremely popular to the point of /mcg/ having both dedicated haters and dedicated whiteknights for it.
now ask yourself again, why/how pam's shit is popular.

sengir did that shit because of ftb's MUH PERMISSHUNZ preaching, like most any modder who started retarded faggotry like that. nobody actually gave a fuck untill slowprick started his shit.

>page nine already
pls

Kinda just looks like you have your revert distance set to a billion. So it makes sense it would tank your fps.

>stellar sky

you chose your path of horrid fps long ago

>sengir did that shit because of ftb's MUH PERMISSHUNZ preaching

He did that in 1.2.3. And you're still wrong. I'm pretty sure there were modders raising issues since before FTB even existed.

Bump.

Thread may be on life-support until the holidays end

crafting spot werks now

what's the difference between it and a crafting table?

No difference at all, I just needed a way to crafting 3x3 recipes without wood.

The homeboi I got a response from to FINALLY build the ToxicJungle aesthetic mod seemed to be actually interested in making it, but once again, like the last 4 people who agreed to take on the project, he has disappeared. Otherwise I might have an actual launch near the holidays.

I'm starting to think I may actually be forced to make the thing myself...

Pic related is something I've been trying to recreate in game, but due to the build height and scale of the city it ends up looking like chode city...

What game even IS that?

A game I started developing when I was 18, and never finished.

Whoah, looks intriguing. I suppose I'm still looking for that one game which will "crack" the Minecraft concept, making a game with all the right basic concepts/mechanics for modability and such, all amidst the torrents of shitty Minecraft-clones that have come and gone over the years.
Anyway, inspiring pics!

if you don't recognize pole 309 that's on you

My game was built off the old Unreal Tournament: Rune adaptation with more RPG elements and better graphics. Except it never got even half the mechanics finished because I'm a horrible programmer. Hence why I haven't even finished my basic aesthetic blocks mod for ToxJungSerb.

Only thing more impressive is pole 310

pastebin.com/iLeCjGFx
alright guys, now I'm sure that Immerisive Engineering is causing crashes
any idea how to fix this?
>inb4 install multimc or newest version of forge
I already tried that

Remove every mod except IE.

or remove immersive memegeneering

There's a lot of game breaking bugs on the last version of 1.12, but the last release was on november.

For a mod that is featured on the front page of curse Blu sure doesn't care too much about it

Known IE issue, downgrade to Forge 2574.

b-but then other mods won't work

Then they shouldn't build on versions of Forge that are flat-out broken.

Minceraft

Post Amidst maps!

Everyone touch your nose!

brainlet here what can I use pipe gates in buildcraft for?

what the fuck is the point of a 2 minute cooldown between posts

To encourage people to buy passes.

put your dick in em

I call this Frying Pan the Inferno Kings Mirror, just because of how fucking inane and buggy it is
>get sharpening on it
>suddenly sharpening on next levelup is gone
>is replaced with blaze
>suddenly there's two rows of blazing on it
>now it's got more knockback than it could ever possibly get
>and again blaze
>and later on, smite
At this point, the fucking weapon itself doesn't deal damage, but instead puts an enemy on fire for 22 seconds, deals an inane amount of fire damage and generally just kills shit from the pure force of knockback.

It's an IE bug, not a Forge bug, as far as I know.

gookmoot is a jew

gookmoot didn't come up with passes.

How about y'all post the last screen you took?

Anyone tried it with VR? How is it?

RIP Oceanserb

I haven't played in a few years, but looking to get back into it.

Speaking of, whats the most autistic engineering and piping and all sorts of bullshit in an easy pack I can grab? Something not quite as autistic at Gregtech which was the big meme. I loved shit like IC2 and Thermal Expansion back then, I can only imagine those got even better, right?

Guys, I was making a modpack but lost progress due to a HD failure. Since I'm starting from the scratch again, let me ask:

1. Which mods would you recommend me to create custom biomes, structures, dimensions and mob spawning rules?
2. Is there a simpler alternative to Thermal Expansion? I want simple machines with no bullshit like tiers, side configuration, augments, fancy GUI and the likes; just a simple GUI and "insert raw here, remove processed item from here".
3. Better with Mods: is it possible to configure some machines to use RF instead? I never played with the mod TBQH.
4. Is Remain in Movement still being developed? If not, any good replacement?
5. Among the structures I want to implement, I'll probably add some world-generated portals. Originally I was thinking to direct the player to the portal locations using AE2's meteorite compass, but is there some better approach? (I really do NOT want AE2, except for this feature).
6. Finally, which version would you recommend me to build this modpack upon? Originally I was doing it for 1.7.10, but maybe the features I want don't exist in that version.

What am I doing wrong, either I don't get any veins or I get a fuck tonne. I'm trying to get large but rarer veins.

vs

>what am I doing wrong
>doesn't post any configs or any other information
Maybe the problem is that you're just retarded.

My code, I use this for most of the vanilla ores

>"distribution": "uniform"
Have you tried actually reading the documentation? And do you understand probabilities?

I like this sky

I like to take a lot of screenshots.

>1. Which mods would you recommend me to create custom biomes, structures, dimensions and mob spawning rules?
In Control is great for controlling mob spawning
>2. Is there a simpler alternative to Thermal Expansion? I want simple machines with no bullshit like tiers, side configuration, augments, fancy GUI and the likes; just a simple GUI and "insert raw here, remove processed item from here".
Try Gadgetery, but keep in mind that it is a pretty new mod.
>3. Better with Mods: is it possible to configure some machines to use RF instead? I never played with the mod TBQH.
I don't think so, the whole mod is based around the concept of mechanical power.

>pick up a modpack
>draconic evolution
yeah nah into the trash that fucker goes

General Store!

Draconic Dildolotion is a good mod

It's not like you could just remove that shit or anything?

what's the best software to record short MC clips?

Gorgeous. How is it treating you fps-wise?

8/10, would settle in and baseify.
(Still drooling over the space station that user posted last thread, though. That, or the eldritch maze from Thaumcraft, would be my preferred end-game base of choice, I think.)

God damnit, that looks so cozy I'm having a seizure

>Try Gadgetery, but keep in mind that it is a pretty new mod.
By the description it looks like the kind of mod I want. Thanks!

About In Control!: does it allow you to customize the mobs? Say, remove/add equipment, rework slime splitting mechanics, etc.?

Yes for equipment, I dunno about slimes

See: wiki.mcjty.eu/mods/index.php?title=InControl

Playing on a server called CursedCraft, anybody wanna join? not really any mods, just custom mobs, bosses and items. christmas event atm, fun rewards.
play.cursedcraft.com

Thanks. Acc. to the link I can also edit loot. It'll come handy to make the drops happen regardless of killing method.

I'll test both mods a bit and see what I do. If I like them, odds are I'll build the pack for 1.12.2 .

Does anyone have some cozy and working designs for a villager town? Currently on a minecraft survival server and need some inspiration.

I saw this one on leddit and found it pretty cute

imgur.com/a/9Byb1

server owner actually censored the word "autism" on this server lul

Last time I saw this village I was trying to catch a Fug.

Just because I'm retarded doesn't mean I don't have to wait for the post cool down.
Tried: Yes.
Understand: uhhhhh
Would the uniform distribution affect that? The FTB forum post only mentioned that it changes the height limitations.

Can confirm.

fps is fine. Actually better than it was before.

So what is the post in this picture?
The green parts look to be HV wire relays from IE but afaik HV wire relays can only be placed on the bottom of blocks

Nice; thanks user.

Check what a rad bathroom I found!

Friendly reminder that (((Villagers))) are only good for mass murder.

the toilet even works, lol

be sure not to install a door that opens outwards

What a nice cabinet, even has extra towels!

Download snapshot 15w33a and there is a glitch where fireballs explode with dragon breath particles instead of fire. Good for gassing villagers.

And the shower! perhaps it's time for a good cleaning?

Ideas on how to implement EE3 more accurately (based on the original concept of Equivalent Exchange):

• Law of Conservation of Mass: When an item is processed alchemically, it can only generate a product equivalent to its crafting ingredients. For example, an Iron Shovel could be broken down into one Iron Ingot. For balance purposes, breaking down complicated blocks won't produce items that are made up of other complicated blocks (you can't break down machines and expect whole components out of it).
• Law of Natural Providence: Ice can be transmuted into water, but not healing potions. A jukebox or note block can be transmuted into a crafting table or chest. A machine can be transmuted into its corresponding machine block, essentially destroying all other components.
• Rebound: Implements a cooldown when performing high-level alchemy-based tasks. Rebound might manifest into generally explosive events. Tip: use Transmutation Circles to stabilize alchemical tasks.
• Organic Transmutation: Mobs can be killed outright through Organic Transmutation and its drops processed similarly. However, Organic Transmutation is ALWAYS unstable. Alchemical executions become more unstable the more health points the mob has, and mob drop processing will often blow up on the alchemist. To compensate, Organic Transmutation handsomely rewards a successful attempt.
• Philosopher's Stone are temporary, requires the sacrifice of 100 of a desired mob to create a Stone that stabilizes alchemical processes on that mob (100 Zombies to create a Philosopher's Stone (Zombie), for example). There might be ways to create a stone that works with anything, but you might need to sacrifice a town for it.
• Alkahestry would work like instant brewing and infusion of potion effects on the user. It requires life energy, but doesn't drain that energy away from nearby living sources.

TL;DR: EE3 was simply a mistake and takes from the FMA concept by name only.

what?!

EE would be really fun if it had actual mechanics beyond "melt items down into item juice and make other items from the item juice"

if the zoidbergs annoy you enough to make you pretend to be an edgy underageb&, you could always just /cofh killall villager

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The concept had been lost in time. I mean why are "scientific" terms like Dark Matter and Klein Stars shoved into a mod that's about alchemy?

CSSH

Not him, but Testifikikes in concentration camps being gassed is fun.

Those steel girders could be HeatAndCold. Perhaps the relays too?

Besides Pam, who else is a female modder?
>inb4 Eloraam and Vazkii

EE would be more fun if you could make human chimeras with kids and puppies who screamed "onii-chaaan" or rape sandniggers.

>HeatAndCold
Uh. I mean HeatandClimate, sorry.

I'll check it out

Gassing them is more fun though

That could work by making a Philosopher's Stone (Villager) and performing Chimeric Transmutation on a Wolf and a Villager.

>you can't shift-click IC2 recipes on AE2's crafting terminal (or nearly any other crafting table) correctly
>I also vastly underrated the sheer amount of recipe patterns I need to use to do anything with IC2 on AE2
>which in fact is even more than that because of the aforementioned bug
I guess I've come to the conclusion that IC2 should only be played with LogiPipes. I also believe I'm finally getting tired of it for the second time in my Minecraft life, even with those great Unity textures.

First reaction I had is "I want a human-animal chimera, not an animal-animal chimera!".

This kinda highlights how Mojang sucks, and how they failed miserably to convey believable sentience to the testificates.

not as good as stealing their jewmerald with ticon

>tfw ywn have your own customized brainwashed huge, muscular, wolf/t-rex/bat/human hybrid wife
I wonder where Minecraft or its derivatives (and fetishy mods) will be in fifty years

Shadowplay if you have Nvidia. AMD equivalent if you have AMD.

>heat and climate
why am I so fond of the japanese

Is that Naturus?

I'm sure there's a mod that allows you to splice up mobs and turn them into the chimeras you want.