/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Tell us what you want for Christmas edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP
↳Second beta period on PS4 runs 12/22 12:00 PM to 12/26 12:00 PM EST, does not require PS+
↳Third Fleet Trailer 12/8: youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaU9kpA8Q
↳Paris Trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/monster-hunter-world-is-targeting-30-fps-on-consoles-but-not-necessarily-on-pc/
vg247.com/2017/06/28/how-monster-hunter-worlds-is-streamlining-a-cult-classic/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Monsters deserve to be fucked.

PC date when? I don't wanna double dip

Remember to eat your veggies(meat)!

Have a good thread, /mhg/!

here's your controller /mhg/

PC Release date is to be announced AFTER January 26th. However, the game uses MT Framework and is likely already running on a PC just with piss poor performance and crashes on certain hardware. It might take months to make the game perform well across the wide range of PCs.

You can stop sliding on a slope by just releasing the R2 button. Although you might miss out some strong attacks from sliding.

xth for 25 HOURS AND 15 MINUTES!
LANCER(S) UNITE!

H-handler??
When did you become so much prettier?

>PC Release date is to be announced AFTER January 26th
source?

I want to FUCC
monster
P
U
S
S

want some?

Kind of. Looks good. What is it?

thats not my cute handler

Anyone know if we'll need PS+ to be able to connect and play online?

I have PS+ but my friend doesn't

And this is yours

No one deserves a cute handler in World
Just pray for a Bucket Outfit

get the fuck out

still has better resolution than the 3ds lmao

I said come in! Don't stand there!

This beta no, real game yes.

Even the PSP games do.

RELEASE THE KHEZU CAPCOM

Make ice cream with that baby.

This PukeiPukei/Handler meme is shit and you know it

I SUMMON MY NO-EYES WHITE DRAGON!

[...]World PC version will not be "an outsourced port." Because of that, Tsujimoto and Tokuda say they're spending extra time on the PC version to "make sure it’s optimized and fine-tuned for the PC as much as possible."

"In terms of going over and above the console versions in terms of specs or features, we’re kind of running towards the development time now where we’re going to have the general game done, and then once we’ve got that in the can we can look towards what we can do for PC gamers," the developers said. "So, we don’t really have anything we can talk about at the moment."

pcgamer.com/monster-hunter-world-is-targeting-30-fps-on-consoles-but-not-necessarily-on-pc/

"You’re coming to PC, but later. Why? Is this a manpower issue [...] ?

Tsujimoto: Yeah, it’s… as you said, it’s just a resources and manpower issue. We’re developing the game with our internal Capcom team in Osaka – the Monster Hunter team. We haven’t really put out that much on PC before that’s been developed internally, so we’re just asking for a little bit more time on the PC version so we can bring you a more optimised, fine-tuned version.

[...]

For those hardcore PC players waiting, do you plan to go deep on support for high-end PC users with settings options and such?

Tsujimoto: Yeah – that’s what we need that extra time for – to see how much we can do with PC in terms of meeting the needs of both players who want to go with their super high-spec rigs but also we want to support a huge variety of hardware. Everyone’s got their own custom build on PC, and we’re going to look into what we can do to ensure the PC version is as optimized as possible."

vg247.com/2017/06/28/how-monster-hunter-worlds-is-streamlining-a-cult-classic/

pukei pukei, you fuck, you almost tricked me, get out

Am I blind? I don't see anywhere in that post regarding when they'll announce the PC version. All I see is that it's releasing after consoles, which we knew since the game itself was announced

forced memes are a Veeky Forums tradition, mate

I see the thread is off to a good start this morning.

improve it or post a better one, i'm eager for top quality humor

Reposting from last thread. Usually a hammer and GS user. What else should I use in world in trying to diversify?

Thinking Lance, HH, bow, or IG

I'm not creative enough to make good jokes/memes like this, which is probably why I don't do them

This
Ayuria memes were better

its already afternoon :^)

From all that information, it is incredibly safe to assume we won't be hearing news about PC development until after the release of the other versions.

Basically all of them

piss off, i did red khezu yesterday and the fight is boring as fuck

When do you expect it to actually release?
I mean, I know you're not a fortune-teller, but when do you personally think it's gonna happen?

Bow is GS and Hammer's triplet. IG is also pretty fun.

Sounds like it's going to be behind by at least half a year or more.

Pukei Pukei is CUTE!!

because of this mhw hype i just got back to mh. i have a lot of hours in mh 3rd. i just started my first run of mh fu. what low level armor and weapon do you guys recommend for the village quests?

needs more huntresses tbqphwy

>before 2016
>cute female quest givers
>2016
>a bold dude as the quest giver in gathering hall
>2017
>an autismo who can't stop talking
What did capcom mean by this?

im using long sword btw
i use and abuse evade and having fast sharpening would be nice

>>before 2016
>>cute female quest givers
ara ara

I want to fuck her in the mouth

PETA

not as cute as handler

I can't predict the future! The process for game approval through Microsoft and Sony is an interesting process that gives us a hint at a potential timeline.
"Depends on the territory and the time of year/how busy the submissions team is. It also depends on territories. SCEA and MS can turn things around in 5-7 days most times. SCEE is closer to two weeks but they have a system where you can see the progress and bugs as they're testing (which means, you can anticipate your pass or fail and potentially be ready to have a resubmission ready to go when you fail). That said, you generally want to get reports from SCEA and SCEE, fix all issues and resubmit to both at the same time so it's not always such a benefit easy. SCAsia is a bit easier on the submission side as their evaluation focuses mostly on the material submisisons, not on code approval (provided you have code approval from SCEA or SCEE)."

I imagine the devs want that process to be as close as possible to release, but give themselves time to fix bugs pre-release. So, one can guess they've probably finished the console version of the game by January 1st and sent it in for review.

The old news is that the same dev team will move over to PC version optimizations after finishing the console version, so perhaps they'll start working on it in January. Maybe they've already started working on it! I don't know.

hmmm

JE

i cant read

Check your eyes

Thanks for the in-depth explanation user
That being said, I'm still crossing my finger that it comes out on PC in less than 3 months, or else I'm not gonna make it

PUT HER DOWN

choose your master

9 looks like the protagonist of a pixar movie

Give me tux or give me death.

Either of these are fine with me

same desu

tricolor

4 and 8 are best

10, he's high as fuck

>Puss

Plebeian

Gaijin Hunter? MORE LIKE SHILL UNDERCOVER!

MOD

Just ran over a squirrel. Hope I get a mantle.

Did he died?

>Master

The one and only reasons I don't like palicos. I want a jolly cooperation, happy-to-hunt-with-his-bro palico.

Fiscal Year ends March 31, 2018, so I bet there is some pressure to have it done by then so it looks good for investors.

They used to call you leader in FU.

Is that guy puppeting Anjanath? How dod I get that job?

get the fuck out

quite amusing, my fellow hunter

God, I wish that were me.

They only promised this much

Remember when he shilled dauntless? What a fucking hack. Like how he managed to reproduce in Japan is fucking beyond me.
This guy comes into a bar and crush counters your woman, what do you do?

White people are pathetic.

I'm interested in how much they expect to make off in-game transactions. They seem to be emphasizing they are looking at that with a keen eye. If they make really high quality cosmetics with an affordable price tag they might make a lot of money.

Hey, they're actually hiring.

"With a view to developing ever higher quality game software,
Capcom places an emphasis on in-house development. We are
hiring at least 100 new graduates every year to expand development
resources from 1,500 development staff members in fiscal 2011
to 2,500 in fiscal 2021, and thereby contribute to job growth.
We also help developers find greater satisfaction in their work by
providing a state-of-the-art game development environment that
features a 3D scanning studio and Foley stage."

it's a cat you ape

Then that would be in this figure under digital contents, not package unit sales.

No, it's just Gaijin "hitstop" Hunter

Yeah, you're right. You called it dude. Good job.

Says the monkey concerned because a virtual talking cat calls him master

None. All cats shall be gassed.

There's 2 quest givers, handler and probably that qt for the online gathering hall, but they will probably both have the exact same quests since capcom said they combined both the village and guild quests together now.

T H I S

Thanks.

>l0ne_huntahhh

kys yourselves

just get the fuck out

Everything okay, man? Take a break. Go get a little fresh air and a drink of water. Maybe get you a snack or something. I think you could use a five minute break or something.

Like I know the dude is fat but why is his head like wider by his cheeks than his forehead. His shit looks disproportionate as fuck