If German, instead of English was the Lingua franca of the World. would society be any different?

Not a Nazi dominated word either.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-close_near-front_unrounded_vowel
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/penis#Pronunciation
youtube.com/watch?v=VXa9tXcMhXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xHjcuYYlHm4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

As a german I can say that its very hard to pull off songs in our language that sound good or melodic.
Its possible but needs more effort then english.

So either expect people to say, fuck krautspeak I sing/write more in my own language or worldentertainment would be consisting of much worse or heavily creoled songs and plays not as accesible to a global audience as it is with english.

>As a german I can say that its very hard to pull off songs in our language that sound good or melodic.
>Its possible but needs more effort then english.

It's because Germanic languages are garbage
English is saved by it's gigantic French influence

Was? deutsch ist Schoen. Es gibt sehr viele saenger die aus deutschland kommt. ZB, Rammstein, Alligatoah, Eisbrecher, Wagner, Wir sind helden, Aertze... Germany has good music.

Simplicity is what made english so popular. Otherwise french would still be the main language of the world.

French is trash. The pronunciation and how the word is actually spelled is ridiculous. Although.. English is probably the same for foreign speakers.

What properties of English would you say allow it to sound good and melodic?

Its French vocabulary
Literally

Give me a song or poem that exemplifies this.

You can thank the eternal frog for that.

>Although.. English is probably the same for foreign speakers.

Can confirm
English pronounce "re" as "ur" (centre, empire metre...), "tle" as "tul" (little, turle...etc)

And don't get me started on the totally random pronounciation of vowels
Why isnt the "i" in "penis" pronounced the same as the "i" in "bitch" while the "e" is?

I don't know. What is your native language?

Well, just choose one I'll point out the words origin for you

Finnish

Six Foot Seven Foot by Lil Wayne

Finnish is a comfy language

"pronunciation" in general is a nightmare for spanish speakers. Letters just sound as they are, with not much differetiation, with every vowel sounding the same in every case, and most consonants too.

For that same reason, though, romanizations of other laguages that don't use alphabet aren't that hard to pronounce, like Japanese and Russian.

Rush - Available Light

:DDD

Rap isnt real music but whatever

>Sleep is the cousin (French) – what a fuckin' family (French) picture (French)!
>You know Father Time, and we all know Mother Nature (French)
>It's all in the family (French), but I am of no relation (French)

Take out the French words and what's remaining is mostly small meaningless words (is, all, what, in, the, but...)

You're the hero we don't deserve but direly need

>Oh the light can carry (French)
>All the visions (French) of the sea
>Oh the light can carry (French)
>All the images (French) to me

This one has a surprizingly high amount of Germanic originated words I reckon

Can someone finally provide an explanation why there are so many vitriol-filled posts about everything related to Germany and Germans on his?

Is it just a small amount of French and/or Slavs posting the same things all days? Or is it because everyone on his is a marxist/communist and hate Germans for nazism?

Germanic isnt a synonym of Geman (Deutsch), mong
Germanic is a people family (like Slavic), while German is a people (like Polish)

Except for Rammstein, those are all only successful within germany.

not him but I was literally listening to richard wagner at work a week ago in the states.

>Why isnt the "i" in "penis" pronounced the same as the "i" in "bitch" while the "e" is?
Given how fucked up English orthography is, I'm kinda amazed you managed to give a completely wrong example.

The "i" in "penis" is pronounced EXACTLY THE SAME as the "i" in "bitch." The 'i' is /J/ in both cases, the 'e' in penis is /i/.

(Also, the second sound in 'little' etc is a schwa, not a 'u' of any kind.)

Germans are a bunch of stuffy autists who keep breaking Europe.

And by /J/ I mean something else entirely, but Veeky Forums won't let me post the IPA symbol for it, I guess it doesn't like unicode -- turned it into a J. It's this, anyway: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-close_near-front_unrounded_vowel

>The "i" in "penis" is pronounced EXACTLY THE SAME as the "i" in "bitch

But that's wrong, faggot
The "i" in "penis" is pronounced "uh"

Basically "peenus"
So unless you pronounce bitch as "butch", it isnt the same "i"

Not op but the "I" in penis and bitch is the same in my dialect, at least. We don't say peen-us where I'm from, we say peen-iss

No one will ever laugh

The "peen" part isnt excusable either anyway
Should be prnounced like the word "pen"

Germanic is highly expressive and precise, you can make a word for everything from common sense of word composition.

But not a good language to hear

Many posters here are openly Jewish and love to induldge in cringeworthy rants about their irrational tribalism.

>German as lingua franca
Make it something that sounds nice, like Italian, Spanish or one of the Slavic languages.

It's the lingua franca of Central and Eastern Europe.
I know some people who can't speak English to save their lives, but can somewhat hold a conversation in German (because their endgame is to get a job in Germany or Switzerland, wageslave, and then make a big house back home with lion statues)

Italian would make a great lingua franca. It's incredibly easy to learn, and it sounds wonderful.

>As a german I can say that its very hard to pull off songs in our language that sound good or melodic.
t. Turk

I have already told this board not to succumb to the temptation of anti-German sentiments a long time ago, just because of the recent political events and to distance this board from nazis from /pol/, but they didn't listen. They would rather perpetuate such hatred and bigotry rather than clear and rational thoughts, and thus very easy to get baited with Versailles threads for example.

>and to distance the
*and the desire to distance

Hiroyuki should add some flags to the board to tackle this issue.

It's just a tiny minority though. You see them repeating the same arguments and the same pictures. If the board had flags it would be easier to single shitposters out.

No, that's the worst idea possible, it would just turn to /int/ 2.0
It did have flags initially.
It would turn to preconceived shitposting about one's flag rather than discussion of one's personal opinion.
What's worse is more people will subconsciously LARP as their country, which is a fast track to the trashcan.
All of us might as well make trips and it would be less cancerous.

Only if it's voluntary and you can choose the flags. Not only country flags, but ideologies, etc. too.

Otherwise, no.

The worst kind of shitposting Veeky Forums suffers from is nationalistic dickwaving. With flags, the shitposting would be limited because people would be afraid of giving their country a bad name. We could also point out which people are the worst shitposters.

It's literally because of this, there is no other reason. Veeky Forums has a lot of naziboos, wehraboos, prussiaboos and other assorted (mainly) Americans. Veeky Forums is full of contrarian people so they counter-act by being even more anti-German.

Fuck you. Germans are people too.

Normally this would be the case, but given that Veeky Forums is - as moot predicted - just a collection of nationalistic shitposting, with very little worthwhile content that wouldn't be better off elsewhere, flags could help civilise the board a bit at least.

Debatable

Are you a South Slav by chance? Everyone and their mother went working to Germany during ex-Yu, so a lot of older people know a bit of German, but no English. Well, English is a compulsory subject in my country, so the youths of today are fluent in English but know nothing of German.

I'm the guy you were replying to, btw.

According to Kraftwerk, no.

youtube.com/watch?v=VXa9tXcMhXQ

No, this isn't Veeky Forums being contrarian. It's a tiny subset of shitposters who try to enforce a certain narrative in an attempt to deter /pol/ from taking over. Now that /pol/ is done with the elections though it's only a matter of time until this board gets annexed though.

Yeah, but i'm not only talking about older people, i wouldn't expect them to learn English.
I'm talking about people my age. They learn just enough English to pass their tests. And some of them aren't even dumb, they're great at math.

In what universe do you live lol

I've never in any broadcast or conversation heard the first part of "penis" pronounced the same as "pen."

Where are you from?

Its a backlash against /pol/ spewing their shit over here.

English is actually a language that's pretty hard to learn properly, simply because while the rules appear simple, there's ludicrously many exceptions to everything and the spelling has virtually nothing to do with how things are actually pronounced.

This way of reasoning is retarded, you could argue that the Latin language is just as if not more important then French in that matter.

Languages depend on each other and are living and breathing, saying stuff like "this language is only xy because of that language" is fucking retarded, especially when don't even attempt to cover up the real origins of the language/single words

Where do you live, user? I'm from Croatia, and German here is pretty much reserved for those who lived during the time of the gastarbeiter.

It's not the large number of fucking French/Latin words, it's the extremely wide range of acceptable pronunciations and intonations for words in English that makes it a great language for singing (and to a lesser extent the versatility in sentence structure English can use, which actually is a product of the influence from Germanic/Latin languages). The sheer number of non-technical words English has that aren't a compound clusterfuck (like in German) are also an important contributor, but the Latin or Germanic basis of those words is irrelevant -- it's the cadence that they have in a given English pronunciation that makes them important, and so they could be from any language and be useful for poetry/singing/etc.

I'm from Serbia.
Old gastarbeiters know it, of course, but it's a popular choice with younger generations.

Because Veeky Forums is full of people versed in history, and as we all know, Germany tried to ruin europe more than any other country. It's fair they should get some backlash. It's not that bad though, people will not go out of their way to spit on the good things Germany did.

>I've never in any broadcast or conversation heard the first part of "penis" pronounced the same as "pen."

Did I say it is the way it's pronounced?
I said it is the way it should be, we're discussing English's retarded pronounciations here

Penis is literally written like the words "pen" and "is" yet is pronounced like the words "pin" and "us"
English language is retarded

I'm pretty sure this board doesn't have flags because there are only a few anons who post here, especially compared to other boards, and Hiroyuki doesn't want to break the illusion

>With flags, the shitposting would be limited because people would be afraid of giving their country a bad name.
And you wonder why fucking krauts are despised here, shoo shoo perfidous german

This. So much.
I want this stupid meme about languages being more important than others to die.

/His is a collection of failed autists - that's why.

>yet is pronounced like the words "pin" and "us"

what

t. OP

this. verbatim this.

Listen to the audio

Okok, zwei Punkte:
Rammstein: Wenn du dich eingehend mit der Musik von Rammstein beschäftigst, wirst du feststellen, dass sich deren Melodische Wirkung vor allem auf deren Instrumente stützt, sprich starke Baseline, im vergleich ein hohes Klavier mit eingängigen Melodien, der Gitarre die als Füllmaterial fungiert, und der Orgasmischen Stimme von Till Lindemann, wessen Texte teilweise doch nur sehr interpretativ, daher auch weniger inhaltlich logisch, und durchaus nicht immer korrekt Deutsch sind. Ich mein', schau dir dochmal paar deren erfolgreichsten Lieder an, "pussy" und "Du Hast" sind völliger Mumpitz...
Wagner: Der Typ war ein Genie, er hat die Harmonik neu konzipiert, da wird man sich nicht wundern wenn das was der macht sensationell klingt, aber mit der Argumentationsweise komm' ich dir mit Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Mahler, oder sonstwem, es ging ja darum dass es im Deutschen schwerer ist, melodischen Gesang zu Komponieren

Außerdem, noch zu "Wir sind Helden", die Sängerin hat Linguistik fertig studiert...

ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh

>French
That's a shit way to spell celtic

>Veeky Forums is full of people versed in history
That would be news to me.

There are plenty of great songs in German: youtube.com/watch?v=xHjcuYYlHm4

It is