/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #678

''Kate explores the internet once again'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Farewell - Behind the Scenes:
youtube.com/watch?v=19z8RzlatS4

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' 20 December 2017 (Out Now)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − Early 2018

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14521611
strawpoll.me/14521629
strawpoll.me/14658218
strawpoll.me/14659151
strawpoll.me/14659805

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

I think it may actually be a bot posting Kate dot ...png?! and Pricefield now. Kind of removes the charm of it but no biggy.

Always!

ZAK GIVE ME BACK MY LEGIONS

Reminder to continue coolposting

Chloe is #1

Reminder that the alt-world told the truth.

Cutest couple in Arcadia Bay, now and always.

Friendly reminder: dark room isn't canon because it doesn't make any sense after the Lie ending in BtS

>bot
How fucking new are you?

Cutest girl in Arcadia Bay

cool

F a n f i c t i o n

I noticed they're no longer jpgs so something changed.

my girl now

Sorry, friendarino, the best couple is right here.

A L W A Y S

It also doesn't make sense even more so after the Truth ending

Format doesn't matter, it's not a bot and it never was.

it's like you're a little baby

>It doesn't make sense
Maybe if you looked at how things were instead of your own preconceived notion that Rachel is infallible then you'd see the truth

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Bringing out Dana isn't sporting, friend.
She's the cutest person in all of LiS!

Stop right there. How about taking off your Amberprice glasses?

cool

Dana is straight. Again and again.

Before BtS Episode 3's release:
>Devs: ''Intense episode is waiting for us.Be ready for it;);) There is a reason why we chose Tempest as major theme and you will find out;)''
>Don't worry, Deck9 won't disappoint us. They are better than Dontnod
>I love you Zak. Thank god, finally a developer who understands us!! What did we do to deserve him guyssss
>CLOUD 9!!! TELL ME WHATCHU REALLY LIKE... BE READY FOR MULTIPLE KISSESSS!! CLOUD 9 WOHOOOO
>Sera is a witch. Ending is going to be awesome
>We will see how Damon got killed
>We will get our revenge from Skeevy guys too
>We will see Skip's concert too. Rachel and Chloe will go there yeeeyy
>All plot holes Dontnod left will all be answered.
>Beanie Queen Steph will get hug and also we will have advice scene ;);)
>They will not touch 3 years. They will keep their promises:) Unlimited happy endings are coming. 6 variations depending our choices with RACHEL HYPE CLOUD9

After BtS Episode 3's release:
>Deck9's worse than Dontnod
>Devs were bullshitting all along: Tempest? They forgot it. Poor Shakespeare is rolling in his grave right now
>Zak went full retard
>Nothing was cut:)
>Girls went full nun-mode and was giving each other cheek kiss and 0.1 sec cuddle scene in bed -even with cloud 9 intimacy
>Choices didn't matter
>Pedo Frank
>Frank pushes Damon out of screen. God knows how is he fucking died
>Rachel completed whole episode in that hospital bed
>Chloe was unconscious at the very intense moment
>Sera magically untied herself
>End choice didn't solve anything
>William went full Fast and Furious flashbacks.
>Even if Sera and Rachel reunite, Sera gtfos that town in one way or another
>They added credits scene out of nowhere - Rachel's ded - Chloe's still suffering. Technically, they were bullshitting about not touching 3 years either

Objectively the only right ship. polyamory is ok
#DontPunishLove.

The problem with dark room scene after the credits is how tone deaf it is, not that it "didn't retcon season 1". Before the storm is about how Chloe and Rachel met and helped each other through a dark period in both their lives. It's set 3 years prior to Rachel's disappearance, the ending montage and the post credits scene could simply have been something new D9 added in to Chloe and Rachel's story that we didn't know of, or further personalize it depending on the endings or some of the interactions they had in the game.

They could have ended it on a positive note to leave us with the impression that despite the fact that everything inevitably goes to shit 3 years down the line, they still had great memories in between and life wasn't constantly shit for both of them. The whole "oh don't forget she gets kidnapped, drugged and buried in a junkyard" is just cruel to leave it as the last scene of the game and pretty disconnected from everything BtS set out to be, a story of these two girls in this particular point in time. Especially when that is how the devs advertised the game and straight up answered it won't cover Rachel's disappearance, Jefferson, dark room etc.

I feel like that's a valid reason to be annoyed at this and has nothing to do with multiple timelines, AU or anything else. Plus it's just another disappointment on top of everything else ep3 fucked.

>Nathan's mellow
>Chloe has hella cash and a working vehicle
>Rachel has all the motivation in the world to escape AB in the Truth ending
>Chloe can burn every last bridge with David and Joyce
>Rachel can reunite with Sera
>Rachel can develop severe trust issues that will likely lead her to trusting no one but Chloe for the rest of her life
Ah yes, but all roads lead to the Dark Room right? Zak the hack indeed.

Cutest couple in Arcadia Bay, Seattle, and wherever they go.

From September 2013 and on, it's definitely true.

>I hate my dad! I wanna leave!
>has a mother who wants to take care of her who lives exactly where she wanted to go all along
>has a chloe
>has money
>has a truck
yeah, I guess it makes sense if you assume everyone has brain damage

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

yes. just like Kate

Prove it nigga.

I thought I'd need them but really that episode has played itself without me needing to use my imagination

>>has a chloe
best thing to have desu

mhm

>Nathan's mellow
In that moment. He still has inherent mental issues and is in contact with his father who will block him from getting help. He still meets Mark Jefferson.
>Chloe has hella cash and a working vehicle
And if she and Rachel were doing things together during the next three years then they spent that money. Teens don't think about the long term for stuff like that.
>Rachel has all the motivation in the world to escape AB in the Truth ending
Her motivation never faded but she was still in school. She may have never spoken to James again or tried to avoid him whenever possible, but she was still in the town and started dorming at Blackwell at some point. If she simply did wanrt to abandon everything and leave then she would have.
>Chloe can burn every last bridge with David and Joyce
And she's still not going to get kicked out because they know she has nowhere else. Their relationship isn't exactly the best in S1. So in the burn the bridges choice, it's healed somewhat.
>Rachel can reunite with Sera
A meaningful moment but how does this change Rachel's later actions?
>Rachel can develop severe trust issues that will likely lead her to trusting no one but Chloe for the rest of her life
Your opinion is that she would never trust anyone else again. An opinion with nothing more to support it then you thinking Rachel is a certain way when it's canonically shown she isn't.

>Ah yes, but all roads lead to the Dark Room right? Zak the hack indeed.
Everything needed to be there is still there. The only thing not shown is how Rachel meets Jefferson and how they start to have some kind of relationship.

>when your girlfriend loves you so much she'll give you the stars and confront murderous psychopaths for you

Fuck Dick9 for what they did to me.

That latest chapter of Ouroboros. Buckle up kiddos...
Let's see how crazy things can get. I have faith in TH and faith in our girls. They'll make it.

>In that moment
You'd have to argue that no choices matter. Kate would still have mental issues, but player interaction is the difference between saving her and not.
>And if she and Rachel were doing things together during the next three years then they spent that money
There would be no next three years in AB if they had the motivation and the means.
>Her motivation never faded but she was still in school.
A school she indicated she was ready to leave in Episode 1
>And she's still not going to get kicked out because they know she has nowhere else
She has a destination with Rachel with her vehicle and cash.
>A meaningful moment but how does this change Rachel's later actions?
Why would she continue living in AB, a town full of wounds, when she can just go live with Sera in California - where she actually wants to fucking go
>Your opinion is that she would never trust anyone else again
I'm going by what Rachel says to Chloe and she says that almost word-for-word

Quit defending this frankly amateurish writing

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post kiss me now after I read it

But Chloe and Max can get through anything as long as they have each other. TomorrowHeart won't let us down.

what the fuck was the point of Frank's cloud dreams.

>Frank's cloud dreams
What?

aw i don't think pewdiepie is gonna play ep3. i wanted to see him shit on it

>i don't think pewdiepie is gonna play ep3.
He probably heard from jack that it's a boring disappointment

When Chloe is in the RV with Frank before she goes to get the money she can snoop on his computer. She finds out he has dreams about clouds and she can use this info in the backtalk challenge to find out Sera's name.

Spoilers for chapter if you haven't read it yet.
I was getting a little worried when Chloe was seemingly trying to brush away what Max was telling her. That something was very wrong Chloe knows all too well now that things aren't right so now they have to confront whatever it is together. But they are together so I know they will conquer it or die trying. They'll definitely conquer it though.

>Your opinion is that she would never trust anyone else again. An opinion with nothing more to support it then you thinking Rachel
Not going to bother with the rest of this bullshit, but the entire episode is about Rachel's mind getting stripped from trust of the only person she trusted unconditionally all her life and the only person who was the piece of sanity in all this was Chloe.
So unless you want to claim BtS was literally pointless, then yeah, she wouldn't trust a shitter like Frank who associates himself with a guy who stabbed her or a 40 something man with a goatee.

True End

Rachel's attracted to people with bad sides to them. Chloe, Frank, Jefferson.
Her letter even says she sees a dangerous side to Jefferson but she's still obsessed. Rachel's not some perfect little angel. She seeks out forms of danger or rebellion because she's looking for the thrill. Deep down she's a hurt girl trying to be happy but her family history and own habits lead her into something very dangerous.

My Chloe didn't get that ending. I must have chose the wrong ending.

>They'll definitely conquer it though.
They absolutely will.

The wait for the next chapter will be suffering.

true end would have them wearing engagement/wedding rings

What
some legiontards on twitter are accusing D9 of being homophobic because they're "touring queer teens" in their games and stuck with the original canon, this fandom is fucked.

Ah, I remember now.

Just one more cheap theory bait for the players to discuss. Just like ravens, fire, tempest ...etc. A poor and tasteless way to make the game seem deeper than it is.

How many in the "Legion" do you think chose Bay in the first game?

I know and the tears are goddamn good

Not what BtS shows.
At no point she's looking for a "thrill". She wants to travel, she likes acting and the reason she admired and wanted to be close to Chloe was because she found this same kind of free spirit in her that she has and was jealous that Chloe can be that while she has to play the perfect daughter of the DA daddy.

MY Samuel says end yourself, Zakariah

>Rachel's attracted to people with bad sides to them. Chloe
Stopped reading right there. Rachel's not attracted to Chloe's "bad" side (which doesn't exist). She values that Chloe doesn't bother with living up to an ideal image and that she's a caring, trustworthy girl.

LiS rachel, yeah sure. BtS rachel, defintely a no

95%
Also, most of them only care about Rachel and hated Chloe in S1.

How would YOU have made episode 5 and BtS 3 good?

After BtS finale, ep5 doesn't seem so bad.

>yfw Rachel calls Chloe as her ''guardian angel''
>yfw Chloe calls Rachel as her ''angel''

I'm gonna draw that eventually

I remember when referring to people with Michel was a thing here, weird how fast things can change.

Don't worry Michel will make a come back with Season 2.

TOP FUCKING KEK

As long as Zak Cuckriss and those legiontards suffer I don't give a shit.

>yfw he, Luc, and Dontnod really did learn lessons and deliver a Season 2 with a great cast and setting as well as a well-written story

just the endings or episodes in general?

Who would carry the Amberprice baby. Rachel or Chloe?

Mark

It would be on hell of a twist if Michel redeems himself and manage to make a good game with a tight, logical ending.

I want to believe

I hate shippers so legiontards were the shittiest of the bunch no doubt, im laughing as I read their posts legiontards are fuckin cringey worse than pricefield

Legiontards got cucked so hard by lord zak

They're the same character. People change over time, even when they become things they don't want to and purposefully try to avoid. Do you think Max wanted to abandon Chloe for five years? No.
Do you think Rachel wanted to go down a bad path that ended up hurting herself and hurting Chloe? No.
Both of them still did it. You can find logical reasons for why you think they wouldn't but it doesn't change the result.

Zak isn't going to suffer anything. He changed the game because the legiontards started whining about muh AU, and now he will sit back and enjoy even more whining and tears.

Pretty sure they added the dark room scene because the AU/Retcon crowd was getting too loud.

Rachel but Chloe would have a worse time with hormonal Rachel than Rachel herself.

>Fuck up the entire story to piss off your own fanbase
Cool.

People unironically think Ouroboros is going to end happily even after the last two chapters
TH totally changed his style after "Play Crack the Sky". He prefers tragedy now and no note from 40 chapters ago BEFORE he wrote PCtS will change that
He's gonna drop major tragedy and get bored to work with Michel next game

>t. brainlet

FOUR DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAX!

I wonder what actually even happened in the very end of that chapter. Or if Kate, Victoria, and their other friends will be able to help them in anyway.
I think they entered another timeline or something.
I wonder if the full truth will come out to others close to Max and Chloe, if they will have to tell them about the power Max has and used.

I would still pay millions to see the look on their faces when they saw The Dark Room scene.

The episode itself if you feel like there is more to change. Just the ending otherwise.

>piss of your entire fanbase
A bunch of mentally retarded 14 year old tumblrinas don't count as "entire fanbase"

t. legiontard

Man I would give my own house, car everything so I can Amberpricers faces when that scene up. For that incrdedible move, yes Zak I will buy your next game.

I suppose that's why everyone including high profile youtubers is shitting on the episode.
Bravo, Deck Nine.
You are a brainlet

I think the Dark Room ending was always something they were going to include. Any thoughts they had of removing it may have been eliminated by a certain group of fans.
It wasn't left in specifically to fuck with fans. It was left in because it's a part of the story and serves as a hook to draw in people who may really be playing the prequel without playing the original. The one complaint I agree with is that they could have shown a little more of how things got to that point without spoiling everything learned in S1.

I'm not one to enjoy seeing others suffer but that bit of karma would be priceless to witness if they were recording playing it.

That's because the entire episode sucked ass. It wasn't because of the dark room scene only.