itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-17

> Play Mecha Jam
itch.io/jam/op-mechanoid

> Helpful links
Weekly Recap: recap.agdg.io
AGDG Steam Games: homph.com/steam
Fanart and stuff: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6j4pcv3V-vfb3hKSlhRRzlLbFE
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627 (embed)

Previous Thread: →
Previous Demo Days: pastebin.com/74btH1aJ (embed)
Previous Jams: pastebin.com/mU021G8w (embed)

> Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org
UE4: unrealengine.com
Unity: unity3d.com

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

I'm learning to use Godot 3.0 just because that one cuck in here always shitposts about it.

That's a stupid idea, starve that faggot of oxygen and he'll fuck off eventually, agdg always goes for the bait.

He'll die from anger when Godot is the most popular indie engine.

I really don't understand his complaining, it's not like GameMaker or any other 2D engine have as big of a forseeable future, and it helps Unity from being such a meme.

i want to switch to 3.0 but i'm too lazy to translate everything from 2.1.4

I wouldn't switch until it's out of beta.
Plus, it might be easier to translate by then.

The hell is this room called again?

hue!

c'mon lads

you probably need a shader to deal with those unruly pixels. there is one that fix those flickering,

>/agdg/ told me i should create a tumblr to share my game
>created 3 months ago
>still not a single follower
>upload videos
>no one share it
>no one like them

Why some people can have followers so easy?

Will his dick wag around when he runs?

the problem is with the grid I'm using.
If the size is set to (1,1,1), the background tiles are fine but the foreground ones flicker.
If I set the size to (0.997,0.997,1), as I do now, there's no flickering in the foreground tiles - plus, it helps my level's composite collider not fuck up

are you tagging your posts with gamedev, agdg, etc?
are your videos short and sweet?

maybe try gifs as well

i will try !

it should be a shitty crt or a projector
should be underlit
curtains seem too clean

I want to create an indie game generator.

It searches online for free assets using certain keywords and downloads them. It generates a player character, a control scheme, static environment objects, intractable environment objects, and a goal to achieve. It also ads in some random effects, and makes sure the goal is actually reachable. The entire thing is then combined into a single executable for people to play.

After making a generator, you could then run supervised machine learning by having it generate the game for WebGL and have players play the games it generated them, and rate certain aspects of them. It would then take the ratings and improve the generator further.

Would it be a smart idea to split up the rendering functions into various Renderers, such as SpriteRenderer, Primitive- or PolygonRenderer, TextRenderer, etc?
I don't feel right putting all those functionalities into one huge Renderer class.
Also, I don't think there's really a common base class to extract from these various ones, so there'd be no point in trying to have them inherit from some meaningless base class, right?

Also, what is a Camera's relationship to a Renderer?
I'm debating having a Camera just be a entity with a Camera component and a Position Component, just like every other entity. (I can imagine cool uses of having multiple cameras)
But I'm stuck with how that'd affect rendering, and what the "default" camera would be?

Even if I didn't go for that approach, how would you set up the relationship?
The Renderer has-a Camera? The Camera's properties affect how the world is rendered on screen, based on its position, scale, etc?
(If it matters, I'm only considering 2D)

What can I add to a turn base rpg to make it stand out?

Today, I've mostly just worked on getting better at spriting, because I'm ass at it. I've also been doing a bit of an enginedev sideproject, which I've funneled more effort into than I should have. Later on tonight, though, I hope to start working on weapon hitboxes.

Do you see any need for them to be separated? If there is some utility you'll get for doing it (i.e. having more control over what you update, and how often you update it etc), then it'll be useful, otherwise if it's just going be running through most objects and drawing them anyway, then it'll probably be somewhat slower. Do you have any particular applications in mind?

There is a regular participant that does that (or something similar to it) every Ludum Dare, I think. You should look into it. Can't remember the name, but you can probably google it.

What sounds fun? What are some problems with turn-based systems, and how can you alleviate those problems?